Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excorsism View Post
Spoiler for chapter 39:
Spoiler:
Old 2014-02-15, 21:36   Link #62
BW95
Banned

A chapter of the spinoff has been released. It turns out that that episode with the suicidal man in the anime was based off this chapter.

Last edited by BW95; 2014-02-16 at 22:21.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-16, 21:58   Link #63
syke123

Could someone elaborate on Bishamon and Kazuma's relationship; as it doesn't seem like the typical shinki one to me.
syke123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-17, 18:07   Link #64
Iron Maw
Banned

ch 15-16

lol at the side benefits comment. I'm surprised Bishamon wasn't stung for that.

Actually considering what Kugaha looks to be doing I'm surprised she hasn't gotten suspicions due to his dark thoughts.

I guess the Rabo or whatever his name is going to be the replacement for him.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-17, 19:24   Link #65
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Actually considering what Kugaha looks to be doing I'm surprised she hasn't gotten suspicions due to his dark thoughts.
She regularly takes pain killer medication made by Kugaha. I highly doubt she would be able to tell who stung her.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-17, 20:46   Link #66
Iron Maw
Banned

I guess that makes sense. It's also probably part of the reason why she doesn't realize her other Shinki are hiding things from her. Bishamon different would have at least noticed Aiha (I think?) blight under normal circumstances.
Old 2014-02-18, 23:46   Link #67
shiningninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by syke123 View Post
Could someone elaborate on Bishamon and Kazuma's relationship; as it doesn't seem like the typical shinki one to me.
For information about their past, check out chapter 24;

Spoiler:

In any case, even if its not truly romantic love, the two have a very close relationship and deep level of trust.
shiningninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-20, 22:24   Link #68
Shadow5YA

What does Kugaha mean when he (and his character bio for volume 5) says he wants to reincarnate Bishamon?

Does he want to kill her and have her reborn as an evil god under the mastermind's control or something?
Old 2014-02-20, 22:28   Link #69
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
What does Kugaha mean when he (and his character bio for volume 5) says he wants to reincarnate Bishamon?

Does he want to kill her and have her reborn as an evil god under the mastermind's control or something?
Gods are born from the innate wishes of humans. If Bishamon were to die, a new Bishamon would simply be born to take her place.
Old 2014-02-20, 23:57   Link #70
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
Gods are born from the innate wishes of humans. If Bishamon were to die, a new Bishamon would simply be born to take her place.
I know that. I want to know why that is Kugaha's objective.
Old 2014-02-21, 00:36   Link #71
Kazu-kun

Quote:
I know that. I want to know why that is Kugaha's objective.
When the gods are reborn, they do it without memories of their previous lives, so Kugaha was planning to raise the new Bishamon himself so he could control her (in pretty much the same way Yato was being controlled by his "father").
Old 2014-02-21, 01:31   Link #72
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
When the gods are reborn, they do it without memories of their previous lives, so Kugaha was planning to raise the new Bishamon himself so he could control her (in pretty much the same way Yato was being controlled by his "father").
So in otherwords...

Quote:

You've answered your own question.
Old 2014-02-22, 18:41   Link #73
BW95
Banned

Can anyone tell me how many chapters this crap with Bishamon is gonna last?
Old 2014-02-22, 19:20   Link #74
Shadow5YA

I know Hiyori doesn't mean anything by it, but I think she's letting her guard down too much wearing a loose shirt like that around Yato
Old 2014-02-23, 07:30   Link #75
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
Can anyone tell me how many chapters this crap with Bishamon is gonna last?
The manga just started to get interesting...
Old 2014-02-23, 12:12   Link #76
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
The manga just started to get interesting...
While I do like Yato's character development and that they're finally going to address what happened between him and Bishamon, I don't really appreciate Bishamon herself in this arc.

She was introduced as a strong god with a perfectly acceptable reason for hating Yato, but now she's being portrayed as pitifully weak in character as she's being strung along by Kugaha behind the scenes.
Old 2014-02-23, 15:33   Link #77
Excorsism

Quote:
While I do like Yato's character development and that they're finally going to address what happened between him and Bishamon, I don't really appreciate Bishamon herself in this arc.

She was introduced as a strong god with a perfectly acceptable reason for hating Yato, but now she's being portrayed as pitifully weak in character as she's being strung along by Kugaha behind the scenes.
I don't really see any issue with it. Assuming you read the entirety of the Bishamon arc already, it's in line with her character.

Last edited by Excorsism; 2014-02-23 at 15:46.
Excorsism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-23, 16:02   Link #78
Kazu-kun

Quote:
She's neither pitiful nor weak. Kazuma was a coward and didn't come clean with her, so she's working under a misconception. As for Kugaha, he's deceiving everyone on Bishamon's household, so it's not like Bishamon is particularly naive or anything like that. Kugaha's one of her older Shinki so she (and her other Shinki) don't have any real reason to suspect him of anything.
Old 2014-02-23, 16:08   Link #79
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
She's neither pitiful nor weak. Kazuma was a coward and didn't come clean with her, so she's working under a misconception. As for Kugaha, he's deceiving everyone, so it's not like Bishamon is particularly naive or anything like that. Kugaha's one of her older Shinki so she (and her other Shinki) don't have any real reason to suspect him of anything.
Except Yato.

Well admittingly even he doesn't know everything that's going on and even if did he couldn't careless what happens to Bishamon even if does involve Yukine in someway.
Old 2014-02-23, 16:21   Link #80
BW95
Banned

Quote:

Hardly acceptable. Just so you know, her reason was in a recent spoiler.

Quote:
She's neither pitiful nor weak. Kazuma was a coward and didn't come clean with her, so she's working under a misconception. As for Kugaha, he's deceiving everyone on Bishamon's household, so it's not like Bishamon is particularly naive or anything like that. Kugaha's one of her older Shinki so she (and her other Shinki) don't have any real reason to suspect him of anything.
Kazuma wasn't a coward. If her had told her, then he would have been exiled anyway. I wouldn't call Bishamon pitiful or weak. The problem is she's too human for a god.