AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2008-07-20, 10:22   Link #1
Ryo.Massaki

Attempt to create an Anime style with 3D

Hello Guys,

I was spending a lot of my free time to create an female anime character.
I didnt want to copy a existing style, so i tried my best to did it my way.
In the process of creating her i ve lost all my judging abillities, so i can't tell anymore if its good or not. I was posting it on CGtalk.com a very large and known CG community but the feedback was very nonexistend.
I know you guys arent 3d experts, so i dont want technical feedback, its more that i want to hear comments of people who have seen a fair share of anime and japanese videogames.

Here is the picture

click to enlarge
Ryo.Massaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-20, 10:36   Link #2
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

That's pretty damn impressive, you know!

Did you also did the background?
Old 2008-07-20, 10:53   Link #3
stewie0814

Well, ive done some 3d stuff myself (lightwave)and yeah, i know it can be very hard to model characters. What program did you use? Maybe adding a cellshader shader would help it look a bit more 'anime'ish . Looks great nonetheless though!
stewie0814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-20, 14:25   Link #4
ZeRoGravity

Personally she doesn't look very female like. I would make the overall shape of her head rounder, especially the chin. Long/pointy chin is very male-like. Her nose is another problem. The sudden plain change is way too unnatural. Its like going from 1 to 5. Make it more settle, feel your own nose, there are more than just 2 plain changes. The shadow on her left side of the head has the same problems, at the moment it makes her head to geometrical. Every time theres plain change the value changes with it.

I've never done any 3D work before so thats all I can comment.
Old 2008-07-20, 14:25   Link #5
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Wow, very impressive indeed. The only issues that come up with 3D is that as it becomes more realistic, the farther away you have to go from the "anime style", because real life proportions are not exactly as... "dynamic" as anime ones, if you know what I mean.

But regardless, the picture you have their is quite remarkable all on its own. I look forward to seeing more of your stuff.
Old 2008-07-20, 14:35   Link #6
lsley
*Graphic Designer

It's really nice, I'd say it's only slightly below professional niveau, but so you get the problem mentioned earlier. All the game advertisement characters and stuff out there aren't considered anime too.(hope it's understandable what I mean)

Criticism: I think eyes need a bit change
Old 2008-07-21, 10:12   Link #7
Ryo.Massaki

Thank you, for your input, but since i consider this image as finished i wont spend more time on her (did cost me already some weeks). But i will take the wireframe as base for some other characters. I am tempted to create a male version out of it.
Another thing i would like to create is a real animestyle looking character, maybe with cel shading. Or maybe i will go for the typical SquareEnix look, but i have to be honest, i found the new female character from FFXII very bland. That was one reason not to copy this style the first time.
But who knows, i always begin a project which seems small and easy and in the end it costs me weeks/months.
Yesterday i was watching Golgo 13, and i was thinking that a 3D version of Togo would be interesting, he has such a outstanding and interesting face.

Here is another work from me, alittle bit older but one of my best works up to date (i think)
I was inspired from Tsutomu Nihei and one of his latest works, Biomega i think.

hope you like it.

PS: I am working with Cinema 4d and Photoshop.
@Daniel.E. The Background is a composition from a photo from Sydney, some skyscrapers from Dubai and some 3D Skyscrapers i did.
Old 2008-07-22, 09:33   Link #8
Ryo.Massaki

Here it is. The first concept of 3D Golgo. Took me 3 hours to convert the head of the woman to the head of duke. Yeah i know i should model a new head, but i am lazy and i took me ages to figure out the meshflow, so i am sticking with it.

And here is a new version of the girl. I think this looks more like an traditional 3D anime style. Work in Progress too.

greetings
R.