AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

View Poll Results: Valvrave the Liberator - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 21 20.79%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 36 35.64%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 27 26.73%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 11.88%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.98%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.99%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.98%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-05-23, 22:49   Link #101
Destined_Fate

Yeah... Still betting against a lame 200 year Time Skip as it will kill off everyone that isn't a pilot which includes L-Elf, his former comrades, Shoko, that Princess, and all the other characters. No way will they kill off two of the main characters off screen because of the time skip. It also seems to imply that Haruto is dead since he's the only one that makes sense for the promise unless Aina did it off screen. So n o way are they going to kill off Haruto, Shoko, and L-Elf. If anything that's a future that they will want to try and avoid, especially since Saki is being hunted.

Bet the Green Haired Guy forces himself into a Valvrave since he did freak out at the end of this episode after seeing a dead Aina who apparently had a crush on Haruto.
Old 2013-05-23, 22:55   Link #102
Key Board
Carbon

I am going to question the sub

my ear:
ou-gon-no-shi-nin
黄金の死人 (golden undead)

fansub:
ou-gon-no-shichi-nin
黄金の七人 (golden seven)

anyone native listeners willing to comment?
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-05-23, 22:58   Link #103
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
The 3rd Galactic Reich already started at the beginning of this series, so I doubt that's it. Plus that's Dorssia, and she's obviously fighting against them. Maybe the symbol is that of the Rebellion?
It does look like a Yatagarasu, so probably some faction that created by Haruto's group? JIOR maybe?
Old 2013-05-23, 23:00   Link #104
7Th
Mixtape

Not doing the 200 year timeskip for the second cour would be a total waste; they have a genuine opportunity to make VVV DIFFERENT from previous Sunrise mecha shows and I think they should take it and use the VAMPIRE CONCEPT to its logical ending. Plus, the fact that they put this scene in episode 7 rather than in episode 1 is pretty telling regarding its meaning: it's the future of VVV. And, honestly: who cares about the characters dying in the timeskip? The only two relevant non VVV-pilots are Eru, will either somehow survive or become the new Emperor of Dorssia, and Shoko, who will most likely get an on-screen tragic death this season. Is there anyone that genuinely gives a shit about the one-dimesional Nazi teens? I mean, they're honestly just fodder to give the VVVs something to fight against.
Old 2013-05-23, 23:01   Link #105
Irenesharda

It is interesting that there are 7 pilots though only 6 Valvrave are listed on the website and one of them is missing. Also, I have a feeling that the princess isn't Liselotte. L-11 seems to get very emotional seeing that girl's picture much less speaking her name. Also when he says Liselotte's name he says "I win again" like it's a challenge towards her. The responses don't match.

This is on top of the fact that he writes the name "Licht" on the back of the photo. So either, "Licht" is his real name and she wrote it on there, or it's her name.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-05-23, 23:04   Link #106
mistress_kisara

Shit just got real and RIP Aine, as for the 200 years time-skip
Spoiler:
Old 2013-05-23, 23:05   Link #107
cyoti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post

my ear:
ou-gon-no-shi-nin
黄金の死人 (golden undead)

fansub:
ou-gon-no-shichi-nin
黄金の七人 (golden seven)

黄金の七人 according to japanese blogs
Old 2013-05-23, 23:07   Link #108
Cirno
Eye'm the strongest

Quote:

my ear:
ou-gon-no-shi-nin
黄金の死人 (golden undead)

fansub:
ou-gon-no-shichi-nin
黄金の七人 (golden seven)

黄金の7人

Yup, golden seven. Some people at 2ch already discussed about that.
Old 2013-05-23, 23:19   Link #109
FiveOVER
Daydreamer

Dang! I'm dying to see the next episode but i have to finish my assignment first.
Old 2013-05-23, 23:21   Link #110
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistress_kisara View Post
Shit just got real and RIP Aine, as for the 200 years time-skip
Spoiler:
Doubt they will do that considering Saki is clearly being hunted so there is something up in that future timeline that she's fighting against.
Old 2013-05-23, 23:26   Link #111
Destined_Fate

What if Future Haruto made VVV-Tan and sent her to the past!

Mind Blown!
Old 2013-05-23, 23:27   Link #112
Irenesharda

Does anyone think there will be two timeskips? The year they show older Saki is the 214th year of the 3rd Galactic Reich, and then Saki talks about a promise made 200 years ago. That would mean its a promise she made 14 years after the show's start. So will there be something showing what happens 14 years from the present as well?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-05-23, 23:29   Link #113
Key Board
Carbon

it would be cool if we have a future segment once in a while..
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-05-23, 23:37   Link #114
LostSome

Quote:
it would be cool if we have a future segment once in a while..
I`m expecting a future for each pilot in the next epi. after they became vampire.
Old 2013-05-23, 23:41   Link #115
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

I'm all for the time skip as most of the relevant characters are immortal anyway. It reminds me of Red Garden's OVA, haha. Anyway, am I the only one who thinks that's just a mirror inside her locket? Haha.
Old 2013-05-23, 23:46   Link #116
Nvis
Where are the good animes

I hope they all have pilots next episode or something. It's already ep7 and there's still at least 3 Valvraves that need owners.

This is so different than Gundam in that usually after the first ep, all units are already taken.

The shadowy figure may be VVVII's pilot? Assuming this ED is based off the present timeline so it can't be future Haruto.

Why did Takahi-sama even dragged out Satomi anyways....?
Old 2013-05-23, 23:46   Link #117
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
For the whole time travel/time skip debate, I doubt there will be time travel, though I can understand time skip. If these Saki, Haruto and the other pilots are immortal vampires, then they could live for 200+ years.

As for this:

I don't think that person behind VVV-tan is Haruto. Look closely, and you can see that that person has a long single braid which Haruto does not. While the braid seems female, I can't count out any thing. There is no character thus far with a braid other than A-drei and Kreimhild, and neither of them has that hairstyle.

So the shadowed person is still a mystery.

The 3rd Galactic Reich already started at the beginning of this series, so I doubt that's it. Plus that's Dorssia, and she's obviously fighting against them. Maybe the symbol is that of the Rebellion?
my guess with the other in the picture is a AI counterpart to VVV that will probably be sent by Dorssia in the future to the past to eliminate the Valvraves before they become too much of a threat. Possibly with their own versions of the Valvraves.
Old 2013-05-23, 23:52   Link #118
takai
Easy Muffin

Wow, this sort of redeemed itself a little bit. That wasn't a bad episode.

Saki is still a mystery to me. The only thing I get out of her is that everything she does is for herself.

Poor girl with glasses. I really didn't see her dying of all people. She was cute in this episode. In the preview, it looks like Haruto's friend goes nuts on him about it.

L-Elf's motivations are still unclear to me. And now this picture. This guy is a mystery too.

Shouko is confirmed best girl now. I mean seriously, she's so perfect.
Old 2013-05-24, 00:02   Link #119
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Excellent episode... with the exception of the time-skip scene at the very beginning (though I will say it was a great Saki scene when evaluated in a vacuum).

The time-skip scene gives away that Saki never dies in the present plotline. Which sapped much of the suspense/drama out of the action scenes later in this episode. It'll similarly sap suspense/drama out of any future scene in which Saki is in danger, because the time skip makes it crystal clear that she stays alive. The only "out" for this is if someone from "200 years in the future" comes back in time, thus potentially causing the timeline to change.

Barring that "out", I don't see the point of showing a time-skip scene right now.

The rest of the episode was great though. Excellent pacing, solid action scenes, and many good character moments. I like the Hotaru/Shoko dynamic they have going on, where Shoko just knows this guy inside and out, creating this massive comfort level between the two of them. It has this bromance feeling to it, where it just happens to involve a girl. You don't see that a lot in anime.

I also really liked how they completely subverted the Horrible Cook trope (I don't know the TV Tropes term for it, so I'm just going with Horrible Cook, lol). Yeah, Shoko's stew/soup looked simply ghastly... but it tastes great! That's a really nice trope subversion. I don't think I've ever seen this particular trope subverted this way before.

L-Elf was awesome in this episode, and this was a great way to get him more actively involved in the plot.

Aina had some nice lines. Not enough to make me feel all that much at the sight of her dead body, but it was better than nothing at least. The dead body itself was presented with just the right amount of grimness, imo.

Saki was used well in the present plot-line - I liked how she stood up against L-Elf (even if it was ultimately futile), and her action scenes were well-handled.
Old 2013-05-24, 00:02   Link #120
Bombo
TSF Fans

Ah uh ... I can see Korean man haw version from this episode ...the hero will lose his girl and the character will change = \ .

because from Aina and haruto's speech in the hanger make me worry about this .

At the beginning episode I was shocked of the future.
Seriously saki is the best <3.

Closed Thread