AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2018-01-26, 17:55   Link #61
Huttbole

That's alright.

Yes, I agree that Shin has special feelings for Schnee and he's honoring her love for him, but as he's very faithful to Marino he won't enter a relationship with her yet in the LN. On the other hand, he won't resist her advances either.
Huttbole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-26, 19:47   Link #62
EvI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huttbole View Post
That's alright.

Yes, I agree that Shin has special feelings for Schnee and he's honoring her love for him, but as he's very faithful to Marino he won't enter a relationship with her yet in the LN. On the other hand, he won't resist her advances either.
No, two or three more arcs later (past the flashback arc and sea arc) they'll get together just accept, they even had sex(Nice for her since even Marino didn't with Shin) Now Shin has his ideal woman just for him. And Marino already "freed" Shin of his curse after their last talk till now (his promise with her and carry everyone message that died to their families in to their former world).

Though if i got it right, ironically Shin is now turning into a Emiya(guardian counter force) of sorts, the "World" keep sending him and his companions to places that need his power to "fix" things but has the risk of him drowning in his own power and going crazy .
EvI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-26, 20:10   Link #63
Mazryonh

Quote:
More mature, it feels more natural, things don't feel forced and the protagonist is actually realistic (not dense, knows shame and not a cold blooded killer for no reason), in my humble opinion.

Yes, a lot of things that happen seems INCREDIBLY convenient towards the situation as if an invisible hand is leading him which happens in classic fantasy stories. However, EVERY convenient moment can be explained towards the secret within Shin.

It's already hinted by the author in volume 1 and even though this story seems to be about Shin trying to return home, smart readers will understand as soon as Shin meets someone as close and loveable as Schnee, he's not going to go home. The main plot is about learning Shin's meaning in THE NEW GATE world and finding out the mystery of the Dusk of the Majesty. It's hinted early that Yuzuha is essential to knowing Shin's secret.
I don't mind "cold-blooded killers" if there is a method to the madness that makes one of those characters an entertaining anti-hero. But these "wish fulfillment" isekai novels are a dime-a-dozen these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
This is popcorn B movie kind of novel. Protagonist steamroll through plot with his OPness, solveeveryones problems and collect bunch of haremetess along the way.
Sounds like this series might have a hard time competing against the likes of Sword Art Online, or even Konosuba, or Overlord, and that's just within this specific genre, aside from fans who have had enough harem action and want a OTP established from close to the start.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-27, 12:05   Link #64
Huttbole

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvI View Post
No, two or three more arcs later (past the flashback arc and sea arc) they'll get together just accept, they even had sex(Nice for her since even Marino didn't with Shin) Now Shin has his ideal woman just for him. And Marino already "freed" Shin of his curse after their last talk till now (his promise with her and carry everyone message that died to their families in to their former world).

Though if i got it right, ironically Shin is now turning into a Emiya(guardian counter force) of sorts, the "World" keep sending him and his companions to places that need his power to "fix" things but has the risk of him drowning in his own power and going crazy .
-_____- Yes I'm well aware, because if you read my previous comments a couple of pages ago you would know I'm updated to the WN, I just put spoiler tags so I don't ruin it for LN-only readers (even though I don't need to on this particular forum, I put spoiler tags sometimes out of habit).

What my comment states, which you quoted, is that I denied that Shin and Schnee are already together in the LN so far(which you didn't pay attention to), I never wrote anything about Shin and Schnee not being together in the WN.
Old 2018-01-29, 08:46   Link #65
ChuckE
Provoker

So if judge by volumes, how far LN is behind WN?
Old 2018-01-29, 08:52   Link #66
Huttbole

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckE View Post
So if judge by volumes, how far LN is behind WN?
Currently:
LN is at 11
WN 15 (the japanese write 16, but by the time it comes out on LN it'll be 15)

Volume 11 just came out recently...Definitely prefer the old illustrator

Last edited by Huttbole; 2018-01-29 at 14:14.
Old 2018-01-29, 09:40   Link #67
LeftSeven
2D artist

so author still continuing the wn one despite getting serialized in ln..mm
Old 2018-01-31, 09:53   Link #68
Stro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftSeven View Post
so author still continuing the wn one despite getting serialized in ln..mm
You can consider that the webnovel is a draft, so in the end is easier to make the light novel, since the author just have to fix some things in the webnovel.
Stro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-01, 13:35   Link #69
ChuckE
Provoker

Quote:
Currently:
LN is at 11
WN 15 (the japanese write 16, but by the time it comes out on LN it'll be 15)

Volume 11 just came out recently...Definitely prefer the old illustrator
I see. Illustrator was changed?
Old 2018-02-26, 09:21   Link #70
Sparteh

I have read it till vol 10 I think and remember this story as MC is obviously going Schnee route, but keeps adding a new girl who has crush on him every volume. Does author still continue this trend? Does it still stay singly heroine story or is it turning into true harem?
Sparteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-01, 20:55   Link #71
liubeeli

Does anyone know who the female with the dolphin hairpin in volume 11 is? Is that the cook?
liubeeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-03, 18:07   Link #72
Huttbole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparteh View Post
I have read it till vol 10 I think and remember this story as MC is obviously going Schnee route, but keeps adding a new girl who has crush on him every volume. Does author still continue this trend? Does it still stay singly heroine story or is it turning into true harem?
Spoiler for I don't need to put spoiler warnings on this thread, but it's a habit:
Old 2018-03-10, 12:54   Link #73
Tenzen12

Darn this flashback arc is too unappetizing for me. Somehow pretty much every filler heroine we met so far is more interesting then Marino IMHO (Schnee is of course league on her own).

I wonder what kind of appeal she is supposed have. Though of course maybe I am only one who is ignorant to her charm. If so I will gladly accept any input.
Old 2018-03-10, 18:34   Link #74
sasabit

Her appeal is the 3d gf over 2d waifu appeal
sasabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-10, 19:45   Link #75
Tenzen12

I guess? But it's not like she were only 3D girl in world . And Shin seems like he could get on girls good side even before Death Game happened.

Well, at least I would say appeal of being real don't exactly limit pool that much...
Old 2018-04-08, 10:18   Link #76
Huttbole

I bet we're going to see that Aldo character from vol. 10 in future volumes, as he doesn't have a character sheet. Maybe he or his decendants controls a corrupt kingdom on a different continent by now? That would be interesting.
Old 2018-04-20, 16:39   Link #77
Pierre

2 things, the manga illustrations are terrible when compared against the novel. On their own they are okay, but I heard someone mention it so I went and took a pick and its almost a travesty, especially with Schnee and the princess.

2nd point, I know there are a few "player" characters in the world, how does this work? My understanding was that Shin was the last player to leave, and then he got warped to this world at the end. So how are there other player characters in the world. And are they the real humans or just avatars, and if they are the real humans are they dead in the real world or whats going on here. I always think this is one of the biggest flaws of isekai is not really showing what happens in the real world.

And as much as I like Schnee, I am always in the harem camp, true harem, although with Schnee as head wife.
Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-20, 17:01   Link #78
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
2 things, the manga illustrations are terrible when compared against the novel. On their own they are okay, but I heard someone mention it so I went and took a pick and its almost a travesty, especially with Schnee and the princess.

2nd point, I know there are a few "player" characters in the world, how does this work? My understanding was that Shin was the last player to leave, and then he got warped to this world at the end. So how are there other player characters in the world. And are they the real humans or just avatars, and if they are the real humans are they dead in the real world or whats going on here. I always think this is one of the biggest flaws of isekai is not really showing what happens in the real world.

And as much as I like Schnee, I am always in the harem camp, true harem, although with Schnee as head wife.
I read the TLed LN until vol. 9 and as far as I understood it, other than Shin, all the players that went to the isekai world are those who DIED during the "death game" of the VRMMORPG. Only after Shin beat the "final boss" could those who still remained alive in the "death game" at that time finally log out to wake up in the real world (as far as is known up until vol. 9, at least) and then for some reason Shin was pulled into isekai world 500 years later before he could log out himself being stuck in the isekai world along with the.

It's unknown whether or not there were people who were still alive when Shin beat the final boss during the "death game" but decided to stay logged in instead of logging out. Consequently it's also unknown what happened to any such people if they existed, i.e. so if such people were present perhaps they got transfered to isekai world alongside NPCs like Schnee as well, but maybe they'd also get forcefully logged out. It's unknown up until now.

A problem for Shin is that many of the PKers that Shin killed might also be still alive in the isekai world. Schnee appearently went off to eliminate some of those but I don't remember exactly what was said about that. However Schnee tries to hide this stuff from Shin because she is afraid that he goes on a killing spree again.
Old 2018-04-20, 17:43   Link #79
ShadowSamurai365

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
I read the TLed LN until vol. 9 and as far as I understood it, other than Shin, all the players that went to the isekai world are those who DIED during the "death game" of the VRMMORPG. Only after Shin beat the "final boss" could those who still remained alive in the "death game" at that time finally log out to wake up in the real world (as far as is known up until vol. 9, at least) and then for some reason Shin was pulled into isekai world 500 years later before he could log out himself being stuck in the isekai world along with the.

It's unknown whether or not there were people who were still alive when Shin beat the final boss during the "death game" but decided to stay logged in instead of logging out. Consequently it's also unknown what happened to any such people if they existed, i.e. so if such people were present perhaps they got transfered to isekai world alongside NPCs like Schnee as well, but maybe they'd also get forcefully logged out. It's unknown up until now.

A problem for Shin is that many of the PKers that Shin killed might also be still alive in the isekai world. Schnee appearently went off to eliminate some of those but I don't remember exactly what was said about that. However Schnee tries to hide this stuff from Shin because she is afraid that he goes on a killing spree again.
As I recalled from both the WN and the manga (in the prologue/1st chapter), it seemed that most people (who were alive) had logged out. It talked(WN)/showed(manga) that Shin checked his friends' list, in which showed them going offline. Then it showed Shin having some kind of list parchment (made by a friend that spent 7 days and 7 nights creating it) that showed a list of surviving players (and that person's name would only disappear if they either log out or was killed). It showed Shin's name last before Shin was transported to 500 years later.

Unless something different happened, then that's all we know of the situation. Although, it makes you wonder if the other players (who survived) would actually willing to stay in the world.
ShadowSamurai365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-21, 02:15   Link #80
Pierre

^so to elaborate, since Im only vague aware of the concept of death game from SAO; players who died during the death game, died in real life, and those players could "reincarnate" in the game world for "real"?

Ie those players like Shadow, are the actual human reincarnated, not just an avatar of that character, but the real human is somewhere alive in shin's real world.

Also just to check with Marino, she died in real life right? But not in the game.

I would think Shin wouldn't have to worry about PK, because they are probably weaker than regular high humans, and he is a high human with limit break effectively 2x all around better than the theoretical limit of any possible player.

As an aside, I always find the concept of limit kind of stupid to begin with. I mean in a game it serves a function, the game can handle only so many values, so capping levels puts less of a strain/takes up less space; and two a cap limits how much you can grind. But I would think in Isekai a limit makes no sense, because its now reality; you wouldn't stop gaining experience because you no longer have the limitation of the game.
Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy