AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-08-03, 17:54   Link #81
Wandering Soul

Assuming they even accept Slaine aboard the ship how will he be treated. I don't think the people on the ship would be happy to have someone that was with the martians even if he isn't a Martian on the same ship. I especially think Calm would be hostile towards Slaine because he was affiliated with the Martians Calm has grown to hate.

The problem of why they would even accept Slaine is also an issue. He could try to hide the fact that he was in space with the Martians but otherwise the only way I see them taking him in is as a prisoner or unless someone vouches for him.
Old 2014-08-03, 18:06   Link #82
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
Well, that's still fit with my reasoning, it fits even more. And it fits the characters that got involved with the princess. But even the position of the princess also hadn't been the same but at the exact opposite. She was a princess living like a sort of goddess when met with Slaine. She instead was a fugitive who just escaped from an attempted murder and lost in a sudden war in an unknown city of an unknown planet. Basically, as I said, she ended in the Slaine position having Inaho as her princess. But following this reversed pattern they met in the most impersonal way. I could go further hard guessing that the first encounter represents in a meta way Slaine and his character and the second instead represents Inaho. But they doesn't really tell much about the princess.
From what I can tell, you find the kiss moment something mystical and I can get that, somehow. From my point of view, considering Asseylum position and age I find much more influential for her, due to her circumstances, the second encounter. Let alone that in the first one she saved and in the second she got saved. But my point is not to convince you about that, but that there is a duality that the show is trying to portray. Duality that has been handling from the meta extremes, Slaine and Inaho, but that will clash at the center of it, center that is Asseylum. Add to this that they took the time to change even her aspect to underline it.
I know what you're saying, but I partly disagree with this. I don't think Inaho encounter is about her as character to have this impact you mean. It's about the plot of the story. That's why she's with a maid and the scene is played exclusively about politics. It's nothing to do with her, personally, but about her role. On the other hand, the encounter with Slaine is not about the plot of the war: it's the meeting of two people, they aren't given roles, it's played silently even (gasps and sounds apart, they aren't talking). Actions and body language are more powerful construct here. That's why it's framed without having the characters recalling, but to show the audience how it happened.

Again, I don't see the same reversal you do: there is indeed a different intention for each, in how it's framed in an opposite manner. Inaho guided those two but you can argue Inko was the one who saved them, because she was driving the vehicle. In case of Slaine, it was a personal action and involved only two people. She didn't save him because she was the princess, she saved him because she was Asseylum. If it had involved some fancy court scheme she interfered, it would be about her as princess, this is about her as girl. That's what I mean with impersonal and personal encounters. Of course she's the character that connects them, but more than that, both want to stop the war.

So far, actually, the interaction between Inaho and Asseylum seems strictly plot related too. Last episode, they just exchanged a line about the armistice. This could change and they can speak of other things, but so far it keeps the line of the reason why they met: she needed assistance because of her position in the war and plot.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2014-08-03, 18:11   Link #83
Death Usagi
Banned

I consider Slaine a bit similar to Suzaku from Code Geass =w=;
Old 2014-08-03, 18:21   Link #84
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
I consider Slaine a bit similar to Suzaku from Code Geass =w=;
How so? Their personalities are nothing alike.

Quote:
And considering Slaine was the one who killed Trillram, I am sure this is going to get blown and considering Slaine was seen by Saazbaum as someone who is trying to get in their cause of war, I am pretty sure Slaine can't stay with Vers any further. He will definitely go to his princess :x
It's easier said than done. In the first place, he doesn't know where she is. Secondly, even if he knew, how he'll approach her without being shot? He can't expose her and endanger her by revealing his reasons of being around. The solution, presuming he finds her location and he is able to escape the castle, is to disguise himself. Once again, what purpose will this serve for the plot?

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2014-08-03, 19:01   Link #85
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
How so? Their personalities are nothing alike.
Remember how Suzaku was hated and no one really trusted him because he was an "Eleven"?

I feel like Slaine are getting the similar treatment.

Except the difference is that Suzaku was able to gain some through his efforts as he was provided Lancelot while Slaine has nothing like a super ace mecha to show his skills.
Old 2014-08-03, 19:06   Link #86
Thess

Quote:
Remember how Suzaku was hated and no one really trusted him because he was an "Eleven"?

Except the difference is that Suzaku was able to gain some through his efforts as he was provided Lancelot while Slaine has nothing like a super ace mecha to show his skills.
That's what I mean: Suzaku still found allies earlier among Britannians. Slaine had absolutely none, other than the missing princess. He was also entrusted with an important secret task as pilot of Lancelot, Slaine's not permitted to do anything.

They have a completely opposite set up, Slaine's doing stuff without any expectation placed on him. That's why I value Slaine more despite the actual odds piled against him, he sticks to his morals and isn't self-righteous.

Old 2014-08-03, 19:10   Link #87
Irenesharda

Quote:

I actually feel that while Slaine and Suzaku are in familiar positions, they have completely different personalities. Suzaku started out as a soldier and every personality that comes with it. Slaine is not military trained and shows it in his fear to kill. Suzaku had the personality of a martyr, with a bit of holier-than-thou mixed in. Slaine is not trying to topple a government from the inside, he's just trying to stay alive and save the life of the person he loves.

Honestly, I hate Suzaku and everything about his character and at no point did I ever feel sorry for him. I feel the exact opposite about Slaine.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu

Last edited by Irenesharda; 2014-08-03 at 20:32.
Old 2014-08-03, 19:18   Link #88
Death Usagi
Banned

In any case, defection incoming soon =w=
Old 2014-08-03, 19:27   Link #89
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
I actually feel that Slaine and Suzaku are in familiar positions, they have completely different personalities. Suzaku started out as a soldier and every personality that comes with it. Slaine is not military trained and shows it in his fear to kill. Suzaku had the personality of a martyr, with a bit of holier-than-thou mixed in. Slaine is not trying to topple a government from the inside, he's just trying to stay alive and save the life of the person he loves.

Honestly, I hate Suzaku and everything about his character and at no point did I ever feel sorry for him. I feel the exact opposite about Slaine.
I like Suzaku, he's a quite complicated character. However, I agree that Slaine is more pitiful and stirs more "protective" feelings because he's really having a bad time, isolated without any shred of hope around him to do anything to improve things for the better. Nobody is offering him anything, he's trying to be resourceful with the little he has available at his disposal.

Also, I feel the difference comes from Suzaku's motivation was always the guilt he felt in a way. Slaine's motivation is love and devotion, it's not just towards Asseylum, but also for the peace between Mars and Earth. This makes Slaine more noble, but lacks the layers Suzaku has. His situation is more complex than Suzaku's, on the other hand, even if his character is simpler.

Old 2014-08-03, 19:31   Link #90
Death Usagi
Banned

One thing I hope doesn't happen is that Asseylum doesn't go Inaho route somehow but I doubt it with all the development and kissing and such :x
Old 2014-08-03, 20:06   Link #91
NightKnight
Knight of the Night

Quote:
And considering Slaine was the one who killed Trillram, I am sure this is going to get blown and considering Slaine was seen by Saazbaum as someone who is trying to get in their cause of war, I am pretty sure Slaine can't stay with Vers any further. He will definitely go to his princess :x
Actually, I do see a way for him to stay with Vers for a whle yet. Saazbaum isn't his Orbital Knight. It's Cruhteo who is. So Saazbaum can't directly do anything to Slaine. That'd be effectively an attack on Cruhteo. Probably why he's sending someone to infiltrate the castle. To do this discreetly, or maybe see if Cruhteo knows anything about his plot (but he doesn't cause Cruhteo's an ignorant racist) Even if the Emperor thinks Slaine is a spy, he doesn't seem to be all that in touch with the Orbital Knights, so he could get away for a while.

More importantly though, Slaine is still loyal to Vers (well specifically the princess over Vers), so I don't see him hopping on the Terran side just because he can. I don't think he'll do so for a while yet, at least I hope not (I still want to seem him and Inaho fight). And another thing is that he's not actually aware that he's been found out by Saazbaum. Actually....he might not even know Saazbaum exists. Depending on exactly what Saazbaum meant by saying the situation was "ironic" he also might not attack Slaine(yet).

Another thing he could do if he's pressed is actually, appeal to Cruhteo for help. Cruhteo doesn't dislike Slaine as a person. He just likes to reprimand him for speaking out of turn. Vers people in general seem to be pretty honor oriented and big on the hierarchy of life thing. If he can convince Cruhteo he's right, (with the help of Cruhteo's own investigation) he can get somewhere.
Old 2014-08-03, 20:44   Link #92
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightKnight View Post
Actually, I do see a way for him to stay with Vers for a whle yet. Saazbaum isn't his Orbital Knight. It's Cruhteo who is. So Saazbaum can't directly do anything to Slaine. That'd be effectively an attack on Cruhteo. Probably why he's sending someone to infiltrate the castle. To do this discreetly, or maybe see if Cruhteo knows anything about his plot (but he doesn't cause Cruhteo's an ignorant racist) Even if the Emperor thinks Slaine is a spy, he doesn't seem to be all that in touch with the Orbital Knights, so he could get away for a while.

More importantly though, Slaine is still loyal to Vers (well specifically the princess over Vers), so I don't see him hopping on the Terran side just because he can. I don't think he'll do so for a while yet, at least I hope not (I still want to seem him and Inaho fight). And another thing is that he's not actually aware that he's been found out by Saazbaum. Actually....he might not even know Saazbaum exists. Depending on exactly what Saazbaum meant by saying the situation was "ironic" he also might not attack Slaine(yet).

Another thing he could do if he's pressed is actually, appeal to Cruhteo for help. Cruhteo doesn't dislike Slaine as a person. He just likes to reprimand him for speaking out of turn. Vers people in general seem to be pretty honor oriented and big on the hierarchy of life thing. If he can convince Cruhteo he's right, (with the help of Cruhteo's own investigation) he can get somewhere.
There are very obvious ways that Saazbaum can take out Slaine and Cruhteo won't have a thing to say about it.

Firstly, he can present the fact that Slaine killed Trillram. He can present the evidence he knows about Trillram not being in his mech like Slaine said, and with Slaine being the only one with him. Also, since Slaine can't deny it, and also has the worst poker face in the world, he'll immediately be found out.

Secondly, the Emperor thinks Slaine is a Terran spy. All Saazbaum has to do is tell Cruhteo what Slaine did and that he dared to try to trick their ruler. Again, while the facts are twisted, Slaine can't deny that he spoke with the Emperor and the ruler himself will corroborate Saazbaum's words.

Thirdly, Saazbaum could simply use a spy to take out Slaine quietly as well.

In all these cases, Slaine would be either marked or sentenced to death. Cruhteo won't take such "treachery" well, and he will believe a Martian and especially his Emperor over anything Slaine has to say. The boy is as good as dead if that happens.

Cruhteo, like all Martians, think Terrans are beneath him, even Slaine. And while he doesn't dislike Slaine, he doesn't respect him either. He'll believe a Martian above Slaine.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-08-03, 21:19   Link #93
NightKnight
Knight of the Night

I'm utterly new to this site, and as such have no clue how to include multiple quotes but I'll try to address your points individually as if I could.

1. Saazbaum can point fingers at Slaine for killing Trillram, but he has no proof. Slaine never did say he was still in his mech when he died. He said he was caught in the meteor bombardment, which could've happened in his mech or out of it. Of course, Cruhteo will be inclined to believe him cause he's a martian and a fellow Count, but if his (Cruhteo)'s own investigation turns up something then maybe not so.

2. Well this is a very legitimate argument. Um, I'd say that if "Dr. Troyard" has little significance to Martian culture, and Slaine has 0 significance other than being liked by the princess, then he'd be in serious deep trouble. And this also hinges on the Emperor being completely sold on Saazbaum's theory. The Emperor seems to know who Slaine is, so I find it mildly difficult to believe that he'd just throw Slaine to the sharks.

3. Well, it's possible, but spies are easier to deal with, and if this happens, and the spy gets found out, well, that's a springboard for Slaine to stay in Vers, because Cruhteo will finally get in on the loop(a little) and know what's going on.

Eh. All in all, I hope the plot keeps him in Vers. I like him better there. Since this is 2-cour I'd like to see him remain in Vers and on Vers' side for the first half and switch the second. (I'd also like to see a civil war in Vers happen from this) Well, since this is speculations, I'd like to outline what I think/would like to happen. (Maybe a bit far fetched though). I'd personally like to see Slaine stay on the Vers side at least until the second half, I want the Emperor to die before the first half ends, I want Asseylum to be pointing that gun at Slaine, and I'd like Vers to be launched into a civil war when they see Asseylum is alive.

Last edited by NightKnight; 2014-08-03 at 22:05. Reason: Adding details I forgot about
Old 2014-08-03, 21:54   Link #94
ImperialKnight

It's possible though that Saazbaum will keep quiet on the matter because he knows that Slaine will do whatever he can to find the princess and by letting him "loose" a bit he'll home in on her.

Of course, the question then becomes what does Slaine think now that the emperor has told all of the knights to go postal on Earth?

I mean sorry people but there's no out for the Martians at this point.
Old 2014-08-03, 22:12   Link #95
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
<snip>Eh. All in all, I hope the plot keeps him in Vers. I like him better there. Since this is 2-cour I'd like to see him remain in Vers and on Vers' side for the first half and switch the second. (I'd also like to see a civil war in Vers happen from this) Well, since this is speculations, I'd like to outline what I think/would like to happen. (Maybe a bit far fetched though). I'd personally like to see Slaine stay on the Vers side at least until the second half, I want the Emperor to die before the first half ends, I want Asseylum to be pointing that gun at Slaine, and I'd like Vers to be launched into a civil war when they see Asseylum is alive.
Traitors are usually executed. So it's up to Saazbaum how he wants to deal with Slaine. He could execute him on the spot, lock him up. or let him run loose and hope he leads them to the princess.

He can't join the Earth team as they will consider him an enemy and lock him up if some of them don't kill him first for being a traitor. If he defects, he needs to bring some technology with him or else he's going to be killed.

Really...Slaine is probably going to be branded a traitor no matter which side he's on. He's going to be one lucky dude if he makes it to the end of the series alive.
Old 2014-08-03, 22:23   Link #96
Irenesharda

Quote:
I'm utterly new to this site, and as such have no clue how to include multiple quotes but I'll try to address your points individually as if I could.
If you're trying to do multiple quotes from different people, use the "+ quote" button on each person you're quoting. If you're trying to break up a person's quotes, you can just use the quote tags button that's at the top (it looks like a word bubble) around each part of their original quote that you want to separate.

Quote:
1. Saazbaum can point fingers at Slaine for killing Trillram, but he has no proof. Slaine never did say he was still in his mech when he died. He said he was caught in the meteor bombardment, which could've happened in his mech or out of it. Of course, Cruhteo will be inclined to believe him cause he's a martian and a fellow Count, but if his (Cruhteo)'s own investigation turns up something then maybe not so.
He does have some evidence. He can prove from the report his men gave him that the mech was empty. It would be common sense really that Trillram wouldn't have gotten outside of his mech, especially in a meteor bombardment, and since he's in a mecha that could literally absorb all the damage. Also, Slaine didn't say anything about Trillram's mech being at the bottom of the lake. It's flimsy, but I think a master manipulator like Saazbaum, could spin everything to at least make Slaine look suspicious, and Slaine's personality will do the rest. He would easily crumple in on himself at the accusations, and then probably try to defend himself with the truth. However, that would just seal his doom since he would have practically admitted to killing Trillram, and the accusation of him being behind the princess' assassination will sound like nothing but a weak excuse.

Quote:
2. Well this is a very legitimate argument. Um, I'd say that if "Dr. Troyard" has little significance to Martian culture, and Slaine has 0 significance other than being liked by the princess, then he'd be in serious deep trouble. And this also hinges on the Emperor being completely sold on Saazbaum's theory. The Emperor seems to know who Slaine is, so I find it mildly difficult to believe that he'd just throw Slaine to the sharks.
He already doesn't believe him and thinks he's a spy. He actually seems to barely remember Slaine. And since this whole "Martian superiority" thing started with him, I don't think thinks highly of Slaine either. How much influence did Slaine's dad have? I don't know, but I don't think it was much. The two only came to Vers 5 years ago, and sometime between that, Dr. Troyard died. That's a short time to really do anything.

Quote:
3. Well, it's possible, but spies are easier to deal with, and if this happens, and the spy gets found out, well, that's a springboard for Slaine to stay in Vers, because Cruhteo will finally get in on the loop(a little) and know what's going on.
As we see from Trillram, Saazbaum's spies and compatriots could be right under Cruhteo's nose and he'd never know. Also, at least the assassins and spies seems to know how to do their job pretty well, they could come after Slaine pretty easily.

Quote:
Eh. All in all, I hope the plot keeps him in Vers. I like him better there. Since this is 2-cour I'd like to see him remain in Vers and on Vers' side for the first half and switch the second. (I'd also like to see a civil war in Vers happen from this) Well, since this is speculations, I'd like to outline what I think/would like to happen. (Maybe a bit far fetched though). I'd personally like to see Slaine stay on the Vers side, I want the Emperor to die before the first half ends, I'd and I'd like Vers to be launched into a civil war when they see Asseylum is alive.
There is really nothing left for him to do with the Vers. He can't find out any more regarding the conspiricy and he's tried to stop the war from that end. Also, from Saazbaum's talk with Trillram a few episodes ago, the Count is not one to leave loose ends around for any long length of time. He was willing to blow up a whole city to get rid of one girl, rather than have Trillram play the waiting game.

I think we'll still see Vers side of things even without Slaine being there, and also, Slaine and Inaho will have to meet eventually. Usually the co-MCs will get together at one point or another.

I think everything could still work even with Slaine on the run. It would change the formulaic path this show is beginning to show signs of. Also, with no more sub-knights and Cruhteo being the only Orbital Knight in the area, I think they will take a break from the knight-of the week formula for at least the next episode.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-08-03, 23:15   Link #97
Thess

Quote:
Eh. All in all, I hope the plot keeps him in Vers. I like him better there. Since this is 2-cour I'd like to see him remain in Vers and on Vers' side for the first half and switch the second. (I'd also like to see a civil war in Vers happen from this) Well, since this is speculations, I'd like to outline what I think/would like to happen. (Maybe a bit far fetched though). I'd personally like to see Slaine stay on the Vers side at least until the second half, I want the Emperor to die before the first half ends, I want Asseylum to be pointing that gun at Slaine, and I'd like Vers to be launched into a civil war when they see Asseylum is alive.
I agree with this. I want Slaine to remain in Vers, but also I don't want Asseylum to sit around and do nothing. I think the should arrive to some headquarters soon and then, Asseylum and her maid can go separate ways (maybe to a UE office since that's her goal) while Inaho, Inko, Calm stay in the army. I am interested to have spotlight on Asseylum doing political intrigue things and not just wait like a passive damsel.

Old 2014-08-04, 02:42   Link #98
jpwong

Although we know the princess' end goal, I'm really not thinking they're going to break up the cast at this point. We're probably going to find out the base commander is someone who would rather imprison the princess and use her as a hostage rather than let her try and end the war
Even if that doesn't happen, it's pretty apparent the UE is too disorganized at this point to be able to do something like contact Mars. They might be able to contact the locally landed castle or one of the orbital ones, but I question whether the princess would opt for that if she's unsure which knight/count is in the area and who's actually in on the conspiracy.

Really there are only a few ways I can see Asseylum driving the plot rather than having it driven through her needs by Inaho. One is obviously if they somehow get Slain into the picture to pick her up and get her back to Cruhteo's castle, but that's only going to be possible if he's not bailing on Mars and his actions are probably going to be monitored quite closely now by certain parties if he isn't.

The whole thing is we're only 5 episodes in now. Unless they plan to turn this from a UE vs Mars war to a Mars civil war mid series with the EU and the princess' allies against the conspirators, I just don't see the princess taking front and center for a while still. Even if they are, it's almost certainly her reveal that would trigger that shift, and it's way too early for that.

I also feel that they aren't going to break up the cast at this point, so that would mean that all the main players on the UE's side are staying with Magbaredge's boat (Inaho, Inko, Calm, Rayet, Asseylum, her maid, Yuuki, Marito and the doctor at a minimum) and while they might take some independent action within each episode for wherever they end up, something is going to force them back on board every few episodes.
Old 2014-08-04, 03:57   Link #99
Arya

The problem now with Slaine is that for how the things stand for him I'm expecting Saazbaum to execute him no matter what (unless as I said he won't set him up to find the princess, that's the real evidence he needs to obliterate, he may even have guessed/known that Rayet is with her if the mech had some stored recording system). I mean, he didn't have any qualms in meteor bombarding an ally territory jsut to kill Rayet, why he shouldn't kill Slaine now that he knows everything and has also convinced even the emperor about it.
The only way I can see for Slaine to remain on Mars, at least for a bit more, is that Crutheo will enter the game, so to speak. I don't think he didn't know who bombarded him. So he may in some ways get the picture of what's going on on his castle. Or he is run his own investigation. There's a high possibility that as Saazbaum has spies he also had his own spies, through which he could by chance get to know what it's happening. If that happened, I can see him protecting Slaine from Saazbaum's intentions.
But in any case I don't see what he could do on Mars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
I know what you're saying, but I partly disagree with this. I don't think Inaho encounter is about her as character to have this impact you mean. It's about the plot of the story. That's why she's with a maid and the scene is played exclusively about politics. It's nothing to do with her, personally, but about her role. On the other hand, the encounter with Slaine is not about the plot of the war: it's the meeting of two people, they aren't given roles, it's played silently even (gasps and sounds apart, they aren't talking). Actions and body language are more powerful construct here. That's why it's framed without having the characters recalling, but to show the audience how it happened.

Again, I don't see the same reversal you do: there is indeed a different intention for each, in how it's framed in an opposite manner. Inaho guided those two but you can argue Inko was the one who saved them, because she was driving the vehicle. In case of Slaine, it was a personal action and involved only two people. She didn't save him because she was the princess, she saved him because she was Asseylum. If it had involved some fancy court scheme she interfered, it would be about her as princess, this is about her as girl. That's what I mean with impersonal and personal encounters. Of course she's the character that connects them, but more than that, both want to stop the war.

So far, actually, the interaction between Inaho and Asseylum seems strictly plot related too. Last episode, they just exchanged a line about the armistice. This could change and they can speak of other things, but so far it keeps the line of the reason why they met: she needed assistance because of her position in the war and plot.
Except that the Princess, out of all the people on board, was the only one screaming his name out loud when he seemed to be struck by the enemy. (It just makes me remembers about another girl screaming out loud the name of a robo-kun seeing him in danger).
Letting aside this detail, what I see instead is kinda the opposite, that lies beneath the visual presentation of the events. A princess kid close to a goddess what kind of prerogative should have to be a goddess? Generosity, magnanimity, she has to be somehow the representation of it. And she is in the best position to be. I see it as she did a very selfless action toward a completely stranger. But given her easy, comfortable and one of a kind circumstances (being a princess) I can't give that much of an importance (I'm not saying it is insignificant, I'm just looking at that in prospective). It's too easy to be selfless, even extremely selfless in that kind of position. How would she act in the opposite position, being a fugitive, in danger and lost? In the most selfish way (for her character) assaulting a complete stranger. And what this complete stranger did in return? He rescued her, saved her life (not Inko, they would have been hit by the enemy without him telling Inko to brake) and went further risking his life for her sole sake.

Personally I find this latter situation far more influencing for anyone in Seylum position, despite whatever they could have talked about, whatever the presentation the show could have used, than the former. Consider in my reasoning the meta-lens that are Slaine and Inaho. Where the former is depicted openly and the former in not, so it makes sense that his portrayal of this side of the story isn't so clear. It isn't as much as Inaho.

But that obviously needs further evidence. As things stand now Slaine has all the cards. We were even forgetting the pendant he gave her.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2014-08-04, 04:51   Link #100
Thess

Quote:
Except that the Princess, out of all the people on board, was the only one screaming his name out loud when he seemed to be struck by the enemy. (It just makes me remembers about another girl screaming out loud the name of a robo-kun seeing him in danger).
She was not crying or too upset, she was simply in shock. She's also the only girl without military training to restrain herself and the one who doesn't know him at all (unlike Inko or his sister, or Rayet who seems to be in the same brainwave). In fact, this proves she doesn't get him at all. She'll be concerned if Rayet was in that situation too. She even stopped her from getting herself killed in episode 3 and risked to show her identity. Why did you choose to even bring this up and not mention she didn't care to offer help to pick him up, huh? Not even "Let me go with you" request. Shouting in shock isn't the same as concern for someone and do things for them. Who were the ones who were on this?

Inko (and Calm, but there was an emphasis on Inko). But Rayet beat her to it.

Quote:
Letting aside this detail, what I see instead is kinda the opposite, that lies beneath the visual presentation of the events. A princess kid close to a goddess what kind of prerogative should have to be a goddess? Generosity, magnanimity, she has to be somehow the representation of it. And she is in the best position to be. I see it as she did a very selfless action toward a completely stranger. But given her easy, comfortable and one of a kind circumstances (being a princess) I can't give that much of an importance (I'm not saying it is insignificant, I'm just looking at that in prospective). It's too easy to be selfless, even extremely selfless in that kind of position.
Which I disagree. She didn't speak or introduce herself as a princess, she was just a curious child approaching the pod and then shocked the boy was dying. Barefoot and with a tiny dress. She was presented as a child and not a mighty princess. If like I said, the saving act had been on her role as princess, I would agree, but this was entirely divorced of Terrans and Martians, of princesses and immigrants, this was about a boy in distress and a girl who helped him. No words exchanged.

You are also forgetting an important detail: Slaine became her proxy for Earth. He was one of her influences in this path (and she mentioned it, alongside his father). So claiming the influence of her Terran educator in the obviously racist Martian society wasn't as "big" as Inaho's is simply ludicrous. He was likely an anchor against her to adopt the typical casual prejudice. Because, after last episode, her grandfather also has some of this.

Quote:
How would she act in the opposite position, being a fugitive, in danger and lost? In the most selfish way (for her character) assaulting a complete stranger. And what this complete stranger did in return? He rescued her, saved her life (not Inko, they would have been hit by the enemy without him telling Inko to brake) and went further risking his life for her sole sake.
Which, again I disagree, she spoke on behalf of her role as Princess and little else: this is how it's presented and spoken. Inaho agrees after he listens to her "theory". She was not selfish, she was doing what she had to do: she was ready to use a smoke-gun too for the sake of doing a job, just trampling someone for information is less shocking, yes? I think it presents the cold war reality of people trying to do their job. Like Inaho approached them to give instructions to evacuate which is what his classmates were doing with everyone. They were trained for it. Again, this is about their roles. Another difference is the appearance.

With Slaine, she's 'bare' (her true self). With Inaho, she's disguised.

That yes, it's obviously reversed from the meeting with Slaine. I agree with you, but not in the same interpretation. I saw her meeting just as meaningful as Yuki saving Rayet: plot relevant (but more relevant). Meanwhile this glimpse of the past was just a character vignette for the audience to spy without a connection to the war plot at large.

The brake action isn't important, she didn't witness it and wasn't for her sake, it was for all of them. Speaking of which: "Sole sake"? I wouldn't jump into assumptions, so far Inaho hasn't done anything for her sole sake, imo. Of course he would logically avoid the princess to reveal herself and hurt their chances to stop the war. She's more a means to an end.

Quote:
Personally I find this latter situation far more influencing for anyone in Seylum position, despite whatever they could have talked about, whatever the presentation the show could have used, than the former. Consider in my reasoning the meta-lens that are Slaine and Inaho. Where the former is depicted openly and the former in not, so it makes sense that his portrayal of this side of the story isn't so clear. It isn't as much as Inaho.
I completely disagree in this. She's uninterested in seeking him so far, unless it involves the conspiracy plot. This could change or could not, but so far it's how it stands up to the last episode. Again, about roles which are critical for the plot, but nothing about them as people (Inaho being barely a character, aside). Of course, he's not the most engaging person to hang out with, so who can blame her? But then again, he doesn't seem to hang out with her either.

There was only one character who approached Inaho as "person" (other than his sister), that was Inko, who is the person who actually gets him to talk about things at times on screen.

Last edited by Thess; 2014-08-04 at 05:23.
Closed Thread