AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-08-05, 09:41   Link #81
ShiroiRyu

Wow ... Episode 5 with Leviamon.
Finally all the Seven Demon Lord are animated ...
Need the Olympus Twelve with the sexy Dianamon and Minervamon !
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-06, 05:21   Link #82
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
am i the only one who thinks of a japanese sex joke involving sea turtles when Chibikamemon Digi-Xrossed with Shoutmon X2?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-07, 17:22   Link #83
GurrenX12
Crazed Swordsman

it would be epic if beelzemon was also in this series
Old 2010-08-07, 18:24   Link #84
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Digimon Xros Wars. Digimon for a new generation of kids

So, here I am, after watching five episodes to the sixth Digimon series in the anime franchise.

The tone and atmosphere for Xros Wars feels like an epic quest fantasy story, akin to Narnia or Deltora Quest.

Personally, I do not find it cliché or vexxing. So far the mini-story arcs have been able to build a climax of the battles between team Xros Heart against the Generals of the Bagura Empire whom control the Digi-Zones.

Furthermore, this series marks firsts on the following:
1. The Xros-Loader is referred to as Xros-Loader not Digivice, at least that's holding as true for the original Japanese version.

2. Parties are divided into teams: team Xros Heart- Taiki, Zenjirou, Akari, Shoutmon, Ballistamon, Dondokomon, Starmon, & Pickmonz; team Kiriha; and team Mysterious Girl.

3. Since parties are organized into teams, that means the children may or not have more than one Digimon Partner.

4. Zenjirou and Akari do not have a Xros-Loader of their own, so I speculate One Xros-Loader is given per team.

Continuing from Digimon Savers, in Xros Wars all Digimon have their personalities fleshed-out and have desires to fulfill, for example, Shoutmon wishes to become the Digimon King to thwart the Bagura Empire once and for all.
He even delivered words of encouragement to Chibi-Kamemon in the fourth episode.

The Digital Word itself has been thoroughly expanded and developed to host different and varied type of ecosystems within the broken Zones, holding their unique Digimon communities with their own customs and traditions.

The other thing to notice, and to which many if not most fans are not feeling pleased about, is the Digi-Xros replacing Digi-Evolution as means for Digimon to scale up in the power scale.
To be honest, this is not like the Jogress / DNA Digivolution seen in Digimon 02. It looks more like a combination, rather than a true fusion among digimon. The sort of combining as seen in mecha shows like Voltron. I'm not complaining, as long as the cross or digital-crossing forms can put a fight that would not turn lame or dragging.

And seems that TOEI convinced or brought back again a veteran singer from way back from the Golden Era of Digimon, and that's Wada Kouji.
Out of the Big 3 singers for the Digimon franchise, he performed the opening themes for the previous five series, and in this current shows sings the Digi-Xros theme. I must say that after listening to that theme for just two episodes it grew on me.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-07, 20:57   Link #85
OkamiNoKaze

Episode 5 was pretty good, yet another new combination was achieved, and it looked kinda cool. My goodness, this show has the longest intros in TV history, I thought Naruto and bleach had long intros.
Old 2010-08-09, 01:46   Link #86
GurrenX12
Crazed Swordsman

and you can't call the opening theme an opening theme cuz its 8 minutes in
Old 2010-08-09, 03:42   Link #87
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by GurrenX12 View Post
and you can't call the opening theme an opening theme cuz its 8 minutes in
Yeah, so? Digimon Savers had it's OPs usually come 6-8 minutes into the episode.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 05:57   Link #88
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

The Island Zone arc was just ok, not as good as the first three episodes. I just hope this series will get better though as I am slowly losing interests.

While I like the Digi Xros, the evolution scene really takes up a lot of time
Old 2010-08-20, 19:15   Link #89
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 6. X4, Overcome the Crisis

I agree with LightningZERO that the full Digi-Xros sequence takes a lot of time, which I'm not very fond of.

Now, for the green light, this episode fleshes thoroughly Taikis' skills as a genius tactician at taking observation of his surroundings and environment for Shoutmon X4 to better exploit them.

Unlike MadLeomon, Neptunemon didn't die in a big bang but that's better. He underestimated the power of his own weapon after falling to Taiki's trap. The case here is that sometimes brain power works better to pull through dangerous foes, particularly when a boss is concerned that has control of an environment which proves advantageous to it.

This episode sheds a some light as well to Dorurumon's character whom is not pleased to make partnerships or alliances with strangers outside of Cutemon's company; I found him rather an interesting character with great potential.

It and the mystery beauty girl who is briefing Kiriha team and Xros Heart team about the many mysteries with the Code Crowns and Digi-memories.
Old 2010-08-21, 10:36   Link #90
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

I generally enjoy any Digivolving sequences, but the Digi-Xros takes way too much time, especially when Taiki is Digi-Xros-ing any X formation and also their weapons...man, long wait

Episode 7 was quite nice, definitely a better start compared to the Island Zone arc. We have bit background on Dorulumon and Cutemon, and nice fighting along wiht x3 appearances. The next episode looks even better! X4, AncientVolcamon and Tacticmon ha arrvied!
Old 2010-08-25, 04:05   Link #91
ShiroiRyu

About episode 8 :

The surrender was unexpected ! It's ingenious !
Dorulumon is a good guy. And Tactimon know about him !
The mercenary ... is here ...
Good little fight, liked it.
AncientVolcamon was taller than before i thought.
DigiMemories used !
And good tactics for me ! O_o
Tactimon appears !
Dorulumon was not anybody : The right hand man of Tactimon !
(Ryuurogue subbed it)

I really like the character of our hero.
He use his brain !
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-26, 22:16   Link #92
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

I thought the tactic was rather lame. I mean blocking AncientVolcamon's power source was a good idea, but the way they did it? His lava couldn't melt a freaking rock but melt himself? Ugghhh....

Aside from that, episode 8 was good. Here's hoping Tactimon is awesome!
Old 2010-08-26, 22:19   Link #93
Funkatron
Highly irregular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
I thought the tactic was rather lame. I mean blocking AncientVolcamon's power source was a good idea, but the way they did it? His lava couldn't melt a freaking rock but melt himself? Ugghhh....

Aside from that, episode 8 was good. Here's hoping Tactimon is awesome!
Thought it was less about melting and more about pressure buildup from the blockage.
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-26, 23:43   Link #94
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Yeah...but with AncientVolcamon's power, he should have blown off the rock with no problem. I mean, if Shoutmon x4 actually blocked the volcano with some special attack or something, I would have no complain, but with a freaking rock?
Old 2010-08-27, 02:31   Link #95
gameboy234

Maybe the magma was not fast enough to melt the rock..
gameboy234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-28, 19:32   Link #96
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I had more of an issue with using the Agumon attack against a freaking volacano . Yeah that flame attack will really just own AncientVolcamon....Sure it bought some time, but he didn't have a better one to use?

It's too bad that personally I'm having trouble really getting into this new series. Still the series is having some entertaining moments.
Old 2010-08-31, 19:07   Link #97
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 7. Volcanic Digimon Eruption

Having watched this episode, Dorulumon and Cutemon consolidated their position as the most interesting characters in this season.

Their relationship is not only dynamic but scarred by the trauma due to the horrors of the Bagura Army as well.

I felt delighted the direction this episode took at fleshing out their pasts when both met for the first time.
Spoiler:

Not only that, but the audience was hinted at that even one of the antagonists at the current zone shares troubled past with Dorulumon, adding more depth and aura to its character.
Spoiler:
Old 2010-09-04, 08:48   Link #98
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Kiriha is cool, nice to see him rescuing Taiki and gang. He can't be too bad....

MetalGreymon next episode!!!
Old 2010-09-07, 18:31   Link #99
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 8. Tactimon Closes In

Taiki scored points on me with his performance and level-headed character.

Taiki's very conscious about his surroundings for choosing the sane options to:
Spoiler:

Not only that, but more info on both Cutemon and Dorurumon continues to amaze me as well.

It's clear that Cutemon's search for its parents will become a driving plot device (or at least for the evolution of its character) throughout the series, preventing Cutemon from becoming or remained as a gratuitious, cute character.

Spoiler:
Old 2010-09-11, 16:20   Link #100
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 9. Dorulumon, Run Like the Wind

I cannot help it with the double post, since looks like that for the time being no one else is coming to this thread.

An important complain I have for this episode is that the zone mini-arcs follow a strict guideline:
Spoiler:

What I definitely liked the best of all was Dorurumon's past with BlueMeramon revealed. While Dorurumon's not a double-crosser at heart, its flashback delivered strong drama regarding the horrors and trauma inflicted by the current state of war in the Digital World.

The comradeship between BlueMeramon and Dorurumon felt realistic and was effective.
Spoiler: