AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-07-04, 11:25   Link #261
Sixth
Hu Tao

What is the chance for this series to get Season 3?

And why is this crappy animation studio keep getting all the good stuff to animated?
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-04, 12:20   Link #262
RDNexus

They must be willing to pick up whatever project is dumped at their feet or something?
Other studios must be booked full for the next two years, as far as I read around.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-04, 17:14   Link #263
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I don't know about the others, but the sound director is the same as for the CGI Berserk, so it makes sense. And yes, the sound directing in both Berserk and this was atrocious. Berserk became infamous for its "CLANG!"
Ah, you mean the sound direct of Another, Blood+, Boku Dake ga Inai Machi, JoJo, Planet With and Fate/Zero.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-04, 17:59   Link #264
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Ah, you mean the sound direct of Another, Blood+, Boku Dake ga Inai Machi, JoJo, Planet With and Fate/Zero.
I never said he was always bad.
Old 2019-07-04, 19:35   Link #265
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
Genos... isn't really that heroic either.

He's arrogant, obsessed with power and his revenge.

Every S class hero is the same, flawed in some way. That makes them interesting.

What the heroes have in common a willingness to sacrifice themselves for innocents.

Saitama being a "hero compass" for all these characters is part of the joke.
Genos is obsessed with becoming stronger and his revenge but I wouldn't say he's arrogant. Just this last episode he didn't have any problem letting Bang and his brother to take over and dealing with Garou, even though he was the one who arrived first and was fighting him.
He also didn't have any problem letting them fight the elder scolopendra and acting as their support until they gave up.

He really doesn't have any desire to be the star or the protagonist, and that's why he didn't really had an interest in entering in the hero association to begin with. He's simply completely focused on fighting evil and that's the only reason he wants to become stronger.

He could still improve his "heroism" by realizing that fighting evil in itself isn't the true purpose, but just the mean to the end of saving people and maintaining peace.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-04, 21:17   Link #266
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
What is the chance for this series to get Season 3?

And why is this crappy animation studio keep getting all the good stuff to animated?
The producer is that guy who trolled on the internet (until he slipped up with his troll account) and gave us Kemono Friends 2, an anime created just to spite the first season's success.
For all we know, he could have switched companies because of bribes or some other reason other than to make a better anime.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-17, 10:06   Link #267
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

The production of OPM S2 wasn't a well-anticipated one, as it had to deal with the constant comparisons of people with the absolutely sakuga-loaded first season. To be honest, the complaints about the series would have greatly affected my enjoyment of the show, so it was a good idea to just have it marathoned at a much later time.

The only issue I had with the series was the obvious sequel hook in the end. All other so-called "problems" can be explained in-series or didn't bother me at all. What was important were the new ideas introduced by the series. The idea of a "monster among humans", martial artists that are strong but do not possess the accomplishments of heroes, the establishment of an organized group among monsters, and how things are yet to escalate with Garo being recruited into the Monster Association and the hostage crisis still ongoing.

Will there be a Season 3? Who knows. People probably want this show back in Madhouse's hands. I don't mind. But I think J.C. Staff did what they can. It wasn't even that bad, come on.

ENTRY #365 GET.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-17, 15:58   Link #268
Johnny Dy

If an anime changes studios, the important 1st step is securing the same voice actors. I always fear the worst.

It would be a sacrilege not to full animate this series. How bad can it be?

Well, I'm on the side that says the 2nd season is better than the 1st. Yes, I'm one of those. So naturally, I can see no reason why the manga should stop being animated at this point.
Old 2020-04-18, 04:20   Link #269
4th Dimension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Dy View Post
Well, I'm on the side that says the 2nd season is better than the 1st. Yes, I'm one of those. So naturally, I can see no reason why the manga should stop being animated at this point.
Do you mean better story wise, or production quality wise? Because the former is not something that JC Staff has accomplished.

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-18, 07:03   Link #270
Johnny Dy

Story and character wise. We found out more about Hell Blizzard, finally she became more human reviling some of her hidden human frailties and younger sister complex to that demented nr 2 S class hero, Hell Tornado or something. That tournament wasn't half bad and The King story is cute and funny, I like him.

But most of all, with the peril of repeating myself:
Quote:
Garo is the best character out of this 2nd season, hands down!I didn't like how it began,
Spoiler:
just beat them to a pulp, and honestly, most of them had it coming! They too stupid with their hero shit. Except for Mumen Rider the only hero I felt sorry for, and he is the only true hero out of the bunch. He genuinely risks his life almost every time.

If you think about it, Garo just done once to heroes what heroes do to villains all the time, including Saitama: splash their organs all over the place and just think that's justice. A taste of your own medicine and... complaining much, beatch!? I agree with Garo, that hero shit starts to stink. It's one thing protecting innocent civilians, another thing altogether monster genocide just for the fuck of it. It must be a balance, and many heroes can't seem to notice where that balance is, either because they are just too full of themselves, or by sheer sadistic nature like nr. 1 A ranked Whatever Mask with a gay name hero. I just feel bad Garo didn't meet that stupid ass, he would have rearranged his so called cute face into a more suitable form to match with his inner character. But I have high hopes for the next season!

I also liked the simple but brutal truth about this anime world, about the real world, about any world, that is depictured here as Garo's part of his youth, some of the school years he's been forced to live under terror: one man's opinion against many. The heroes are nothing else than concepts and concepts can be trivialized like the kids in his class did, when actually they became the villains making Garo actually think for a very good reason heroes can be villains. The same in the crab story, the crab just protecting it's eggs against 3 heroes bound to overpower it, the same in the classroom where everyone's opinion was against Garo making him the bad guy, regardless of what he did or what was done against him. So what Garo did, trained for about 10 years to become strong was very admirable, and realistic, opposed to the beginning of this anime when Saitama traied for 3 years and became virtually untouchable, even if an atomic bomb would expolde in his eyes, his vision would still not be impaired or scathed in the slightest. What I mean is that Garo although depicted by everyone, even by himself as a monster, is the truest hero of this season, aside from Mumen Rider who would literally jump like Captain America on a grenade to save a life, giving his own.

Damn, after the way it ended, I'm not sure I can wait more than a year for the next season. I might just read the manga, I hear it's way more advanced. I hope I can, it's better with voices and color. We don't even know what happened to Sonic dude once he
Spoiler:
I gave the 1st season a 9/10 last year, but the 2nd season even though less spectacular maybe, Saitama didn't fight here against ultraGodAlien whatever, I felt it had much more complexity and truth to the themes (including the King, Hell Blizzard and Marital Arts tournament little arcs). Even though we didn't see Saitama and the upper ranks of the S class here fight much, I still give 10/10 to this season because of the sheer emotion it lays down that you may not expect from an anime like this, then I rise the overall rank of the anime to 9.5/10 because of the unexpected and welcomed contradiction between the 2 seasons, while both equally being quality.

Keep them coming author! They is goooooooood!
Production wise I haven't seen a difference, I'm afraid. I'm one that concentrates on characters and story, graphics are way back. BUT I did notice nothing comes close to Demon Slayer if anyone asks, I'm not blind.

I watched this show because it's fun = 1st season, pretty much like anyone else! But my favorite genre is drama by a million miles to anything else, so the 2nd season changed the picture drastically! When Garo's complex nature born out of drama came to be, sketched-faced Saitama lost a lot of his luster. He's almost just a random guy that can't be hurt, nothing all that special, opposed to the 1st season when he seemed like a comic release among other things. He's not the main character anymore for me, dare I say... because of that hero shit that starts to stink also on Saitama, may he be the villan at times... just a little bit!? Dunno, but what I know is that I enjoyed that unfair karate hit Saitama used to put an already damaged Garo to sleep, it just made me realize the complete contrast between Saitama's ignorance born out his lack of pain in later years derived from his invulnerability and Garo's tormented past that became accelerated in the present born out of isolation and judgemental people with no will to understand shit about him. It's the paradox I love that's been created here in the 2nd season, between the struggle of a man unfit of a society that despises him, that trained like a crazed dog JUST TO EARN THE RIGHT TO HAVE A SAY, only for them words to be cynically silenced by a ludicrous man on his way back from the market, a man with impossible luck, invulnerability just falling in his lap. From the dramatic point of view, the more unfair that scene was, the more perfect it felt. For it started a delicious opposition between characters - complex, humanely built but hated by humanity Garo in contrast with simple but godly built and loved by more and more heroes Saitama to evolve even more in the story, for me it's just a perfect choice of the author and makes a viewer like me wanting more and more.

Can't wait for more of Garo's exploints in the 2nd season! I will have an orgasm if he rearages that gay fucktard Amai Mask's face into pieces of rubble, barely hanging on bone for dear life! Gonna be the highlight of my week, can't wait for it to happen! It needs to!

Last edited by Johnny Dy; 2020-04-18 at 08:20.
Johnny Dy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-18, 08:56   Link #271
4th Dimension

Well, knowing the manga S1 was kinda an intro to the world, from that point on, it's more often than not a story about side characters doing all their superhero tropes with Saitama being there and only pulled out when some boss needs beating.

Also I'm pretty sure anime should have touched on this, but Saitama didn't really have the invincibility fall into his lap. It's more that he doesn't get how he got it. It should have been mentioned that one way a lot of heroes and an a simialr way monsters grow is by being put in a tight spot and managing to overcome it despite all, this breaks your limiter. You've seen it already with Garo when by the second part of the season he is constantly badly hurt but just powers through it even though he should have died long ago, hence his limiters are slowly breaking.

Apparently it's quite probable something similar happened with Saitama. He likely faced a series of fights he really shouldn't have won but did through guts and grit. Fights similar to the fight he dreamed off with those underground people. It's just that it seems by that last fight he broke through so much he broke straight through all scaling.

Also, Garo and Saitama are kinda more similar to each other. They are both kinda villain/heroes for fun. They aren't really into it to save people or to do villanous acts. They are in it for the superficial of fighting the other side.
But that is for later. FOr now Garo is going to continue climbing his cruel starcase towards being ridiculously strong.

If you are engaged with the story, I'd honestly suggest reading the manga, since the story is there and honestly Murata panels tend to be clearer of what's going on than some of JC Staff nonsense.

Old 2020-04-18, 15:13   Link #272
Johnny Dy

Ty for the manga input, especially the limiter breaker, did not see it! Seems like my hopes for Garo to keep on going on his heroes gone stupid punishing trip continues. That's what I've been hoping for! The anime shows it a little different, Saitama trains for 3 years, his hair falls off all of a sudden and he's invincible. My intake is that the 1st season was intended as a pun to other anime, in that relied it's savor = as sarcasm to multiple layers of power anime, that's how many people if not the majority has seen it, and that's why many were attracted to this unique anime. Maybe that's a change from classic manga that the anime developers have assumed and it worked all too well for them as people were delighted by it. And me... I was delighted by the contrast of the 2nd season as I plainly explained earlier.

One interesting section of the anime is the ranking system. The 1st time I've seen it was in Yu-Yu Hakusho, a very good anime from about 15 years ago, demons were ranked D, C , B, A and then S. I think Naruto also had something similar not in ninja ranking but in missions ranking. And now I've spotted this particular reverse alphabetical order ranking inside the Android Bleach game I'm playing: Brave Souls, in its guild affairs. For such sticklers to their own proud japonese "hieroglyphs", tha japonese really take a liking in our western alphabet!

Quote:
Can't wait for more of Garo's exploints in the 2nd season!
I meant 3rd season, and now I add, and 4th, and 5th, and 6th and so on... ^^'
You've given me some really good news, I was afraid the author might make Saitama kill Garo in the near future "by mistake" (lack of proper information) and then in this act repent for the 1st time his own condition as hero and even maybe become a monster himself. But that's not yet sure won't happen, I just am pleased it doesn't happen soon, as it shouldn't.

Because the true reason, all taken into consideration so far, everyone fights against Garo is because they don't have a clue on who he is and why he's acting the way he does, since boyhood everyone putting their foot in Garo's mouth before he was even given a chance to explain his feelings! In the past, as well as in the present, they don't understand that he understands that (some) monsters are also beings worth of respect and consideration and not just automatically be deemed dangerous and be disposed of with extreme prejudice if required, just because they exist! But being ignorant MF-ers deepenth into their characters does help many heroes not understanding shit about the enemy. And the shit is simple: not every enemy has the same "face". Monsters will most certainly be the only ones that understand him, accepting him in their midst.

I love the author's approach to Garo's struggle making him eventually a super S-class as he deserves!

Last edited by Johnny Dy; 2020-04-18 at 15:36.
Johnny Dy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-19, 05:18   Link #273
4th Dimension

Ehhh, I wouldn't say Garo is that right. He was certainly stepped on by the life a LOT, but we have seen a LOT during this anime, monsters that aren't all about terrorizing civilians and such are pretty damn rare to non existant. In fact there are only two that I can think of and both of them are in fact Heroes. One of which would surprise you I think but that reveal is beyond even manga and is happening right now in the Webcomic manga is based on.

What I'm trying to say is that in 99/100 cases if you see a monster they are most definitely up to no good. Most "IRL(in universe)" monsters aren't the anime kind that have deeper intentions, but most often tend to be people often completely twisted by things that happened to them till they hate or want to bring down normals and there is little possibility of reform.

So on one hand I can't say Garou fighting Heroes is him attacking innocents, he has been very explicit that he is their enemy and therefore they are his legitimate targets, and he also tends to attack the strongest ones he can find he thinks he can best, so he isn't going after lower level ones just to pad his ego as some evil bastard would. So on his own I'm fine with Garou, especially since he doesn't kill if he can help it.
BUT, he is a problem if he persists in his cosplay while a bigger crisis is going on, because then him fighting Tank Top is fine, but it's not fine that Tank Top won't be on hand when something bigger pops up where they'd NEED an S ranker to take care of it. Because it's only S rankers that can handle what was it Demon? level threaths.

As far as I can see, the entire world has started as a bit of a joke. Take a world of superheroes that takes itself VERY straight. Then add to it this random nobody that wanted to be a hero (by which he means fighting powerful opponents for high stakes, not really the prestige and even saving people jazz) but almost by accident became so overwhemingly broken that no enemy can give him the satisfaction he craves. Basically he has been hard for years without being able to blow properly...
Aditional joke was that he definitely DOESN'T LOOK the Top Dog No 1 Hero to people in universe. He can defeat whatever, and he'll still be Caped Baldy to everyone else. In fact I'm pretty sure most of his actions get attributed to King who just tends to happen to be nearby when Saitama is beating something and by accident looks a LOT more like No 1 Hero should look.
In fact I'm pretty sure anime SHOULD have shown at least one case of a large threat being defeated by Saitama with hair (so before completely breaking levels) or at least the aftermath (King remmebering being saved by a bleeding Saitama), and then it being attributed to King.

Old 2020-04-19, 09:29   Link #274
Johnny Dy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Dimension View Post
What I'm trying to say is that in 99/100 cases if you see a monster they are most definitely up to no good.
Hmmm, maybe, maybe not, I would say 9/10. And not to forget many of them are forced by the upper ranks in a do or die kind of system, they are little at fault for what they do if death is the alternative! Notwithstanding some heroes acting like villains also is part of the picture, like that AmIgayMask hero. Read my signature, crime vs. punishment! That fucktard and not only him uses petty crimes excuse to eviscerate low level monsters, chicken shit monsters that he easily could have subdued and imprisoned. That's..... wrong. That's why we have a judicial system, not to play judge and jury whenever we feel like it. And there's probably a problem with normal judicial system too, as humans are not monsters peers, but I'm not gonna start a discussion about that. I am sure Alan Shore would make a big case out of it. (Boston Legal)

Quote:
and he also tends to attack the strongest ones he can find he thinks he can best, so he isn't going after lower level ones just to pad his ego as some evil bastard hero would.
Fixed. Thank you, that was exactly my point!

Quote:
Aditional joke was that he definitely DOESN'T LOOK the Top Dog No 1 Hero to people in universe. He can defeat whatever, and he'll still be Caped Baldy to everyone else. In fact I'm pretty sure most of his actions get attributed to King who just tends to happen to be nearby when Saitama is beating something and by accident looks a LOT more like No 1 Hero should look.
In fact I'm pretty sure anime SHOULD have shown at least one case of a large threat being defeated by Saitama with hair (so before completely breaking levels) or at least the aftermath (King remmebering being saved by a bleeding Saitama), and then it being attributed to King.
Hell Blizzard now knows! "Normal side step!"

Tags
action, super hero