AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-12-12, 09:37   Link #301
kemal_1915

Could I say the "f" word here?

Do they know there is enough material for 4 eps in Volume 3? 3 eps is acceptable. 2 eps!?
Do they know how epic that duel is? They can't even get 1% of the excitement.
Do they know how and why Yamagata-san kills his characters? You have to make people touched by their stories then kills them to get maximum effect. How much you can cover in 2 ep?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgz View Post
eps 11 is awesome

but how was the fight compare to the novel? i personally think it is a bit lackluster

how did hamut meseta survive from being drown anyway :-/

also why didn;t Hamrut meseta throw rock with her left hand and Schlamuffen with her right hand? more deadly that way.
[Do NOT post source material spoiler in an anime thread.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
The preview looks interesting. We're gonna get some background story about Hamyuts and her relationship with the other Armed Librarian. Is it me, or I get a feeling she was some sort of klutz in the past?
That is Matt. He said that she looked like a country girl and seemed so dumb. Matt made a mistake to woo her

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuru moon View Post
I think so, but it may be anime original.

EP11 pace was too rush. We don't even know what will happen with the imposter, and many things about Mokkania need more clarification.
It is not original. It is in volume 8 which is about Hamyuts' past.

That woman is one of the most amazing people in this series. Her ability is also amazing. She is one of the main character in Volken's arc.

And I may make a summary of volume 3 later.

Last edited by monir; 2009-12-14 at 00:42.
kemal_1915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 09:48   Link #302
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemal_1915 View Post
That is Matt. He said that she looked like a country girl and seemed so dumb. Matt made a mistake to woo her
Mistake? He's one lucky guy. I envy him.

So Hamyuts was really a klutz in the past? And something happened to turn her into this monster?
Old 2009-12-12, 10:05   Link #303
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
So Hamyuts was really a klutz in the past? And something happened to turn her into this monster?
That's what you'd expect, i mean someone doesn't change from a klutz to a monster just like that.

Looking forward to it, because it's about time we had more information on her.
Old 2009-12-12, 15:46   Link #304
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Lol this episode is "Kill two bird with a stone"
So next ep Hamyut's developement .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 18:28   Link #305
KariOhki

I think bugguy's arc was the best so far -- not too confusing and ended well. Shame the fight seems so much more epic in the novel.
KariOhki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 04:19   Link #306
Tale

Quote:
Actually, other Armed Librarians trust her more than
I have to admit that the adaptation and execution of the anime is bad. The control of pace, the monologue of character and the action sequences didn't persent well. So, it make you feel unrealistic.
In fact, the character depiction in the first two arcs is the weakest. Mokkania, Volken and Noloty's back story will make them more realistic. They are the purest people in that world but that is a harsh and ruthless world. You will learn to cherish their pureness later after you learn the truth of their world.
Probably, I'd better read the novel but, as far as the anime adaptation is concerned, what made me wonder is that Hamyuts, Volken, Nolty and Mokkania live in the same "harsh and ruthless" world and their aged seem to be relatively near. They are not born yesterday. So, why the difference? Are they from different social backgrounds? IMO, the contrast worked well with meats, who lost their memories but not with the armed librarians. Come to think about it, possible explanation may be their different level of knowledge of the world...Hamyuts seem to know much more about the secret of the world than the other characters considering her age.

BTW, is that only me who think that I may be spoiled by these?
Quote:
You will learn to cherish their pureness later after you learn the truth of their world.
Quote:
Do they know how and why Yamagata-san kills his characters? You have to make people touched by their stories then kills them to get maximum effect.
A possible spoiler about the death of some characters
Spoiler:

I agree with kemal at that the emotional building-up doesn't feel enough for this episode, though.
Tale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 05:06   Link #307
kemal_1915

Quote:
Mistake? He's one lucky guy. I envy him.

Klutz? Maybe.
She had some problems in her head since she was young. Those problems grow as she grows.

Spoiler for Their first encounter:

Is he lucky?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tale View Post
Probably, I'd better read the novel but, as far as the anime adaptation is concerned, what made me wonder is that Hamyuts, Volken, Nolty and Mokkania live in the same "harsh and ruthless" world and their aged seem to be relatively near. They are not born yesterday. So, why the difference? Are they from different social backgrounds? IMO, the contrast worked well with meats, who lost their memories but not with the armed librarians. Come to think about it, possible explanation may be their different level of knowledge of the world...Hamyuts seem to know much more about the secret of the world than the other characters considering her age.

BTW, is that only me who think that I may be spoiled by these?
Yeah, most of the people don't know the secret so they live with a normal life.
After you know that, the understanding of the whole story will be different.

Hamyuts is different because she is crazy.

Spoiler? It is both "yes" and "no".
Short summary of the main characters:
first arc: Colio - dead, Shiron - dead.
second arc: Enrique - dead but lives again, Noloty - alive.
third arc: Mokkania - dead, Winkeny - dead.
So what will happen next?

Next arc (Ep 13) is the weakest arc but they will start to reveal the secret of their world.
The main characters are two heroines - Mirepoc and Almay. And we have to learn about Cigal's past. Yes, that arrogant and stupid villain - Cigal.

It is confirmed that there are 27 eps. Ep 14 is a recap and ep 27 is DVD exclusive.
Old 2009-12-13, 09:26   Link #308
kuru moon

Quote:
It is not original. It is in volume 8 which is about Hamyuts' past.

That woman is one of the most amazing people in this series. Her ability is also amazing. She is one of the main character in Volken's arc.

And I may make a summary of volume 3 later.
You mean we will see the fake mom again in the 5th arc!?
kuru moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-14, 01:43   Link #309
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
arhhh recap around the new year as usual, I hate those bloody recap T_T , happens every year around this time
Mgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-14, 03:21   Link #310
Tale

Quote:
Spoiler? It is both "yes" and "no".
Short summary of the main characters:
first arc: Colio - dead, Shiron - dead.
second arc: Enrique - dead but lives again, Noloty - alive.
third arc: Mokkania - dead, Winkeny - dead.
So what will happen next?
Well, of course, I wasn't talking of "causality" estimation per episode. However, considering the way the author squeezes out emotional content from these "pure" characters, they are most likely to be killed like sacrificial lambs for the sake of the story, which seems to be worshiped by the author. Somehow, this makes me feel these characters are tools for story-telling rather than individuals who have been living their own lives. But I guess I'm repeating here.

Quote:
Next arc (Ep 13) is the weakest arc but they will start to reveal the secret of their world.
The main characters are two heroines - Mirepoc and Almay. And we have to learn about Cigal's past. Yes, that arrogant and stupid villain - Cigal.
Cigal who? Jokes aside, I'm quite doubtful whether there is a room for his character to be developed into any interesting story...

Quote:
She is more than just a fake mother: She must have had her own life before her memories were artificially replaced. Considering that lost memories and recovering them have played important roles in this series, I don't think it's so surprising. Personally, I don't think Mirepoc will remain amnesiac about Volken through whole story arc of Volken, either. Rather, it's pretty surprising to see that there are plenty of seeds for possible story/character-developments, which was enabled by the unique setting.
Tale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-14, 11:31   Link #311
kemal_1915

Quote:
Tale is right. She had her life before she became the fake mother. And we will learn about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgz View Post
arhhh recap around the new year as usual, I hate those bloody recap T_T , happens every year around this time
Ah, I forget to say that the recap will be told by Shiron's point of view. Will this attract more people to watch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tale View Post
Well, of course, I wasn't talking of "causality" estimation per episode. However, considering the way the author squeezes out emotional content from these "pure" characters, they are most likely to be killed like sacrificial lambs for the sake of the story, which seems to be worshiped by the author. Somehow, this makes me feel these characters are tools for story-telling rather than individuals who have been living their own lives. But I guess I'm repeating here.

Cigal who? Jokes aside, I'm quite doubtful whether there is a room for his character to be developed into any interesting story...

She is more than just a fake mother: She must have had her own life before her memories were artificially replaced. Considering that lost memories and recovering them have played important roles in this series, I don't think it's so surprising. Personally, I don't think Mirepoc will remain amnesiac about Volken through whole story arc of Volken, either. Rather, it's pretty surprising to see that there are plenty of seeds for possible story/character-developments, which was enabled by the unique setting.
Yes, strong at plot but weak at character. That is the nature of this series and it is different from most of the ACGN series.

Cigal had his life too. And his life also influenced other people's life.
Everyone is connected.
Winkeny's mother is the innkeeper of Colio's gang. Relia changed the life of Qumola and Enrique. Mokkania also influenced some people's life and become the cause of a major event later.
As I said before, one of the main idea of this series is "The past influences the present"

The next OP "星彩のRipieno" is sung by the winner of Animax Musix Fall 2009 - Sasaki Sayaka. Could I put the youtube link here? I don't know the related policy here.
Old 2009-12-17, 07:49   Link #312
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Quote:
Tale is right. She had her life before she became the fake mother. And we will learn about it.

Ah, I forget to say that the recap will be told by Shiron's point of view. Will this attract more people to watch?
I'm sure looking forward to those. Having Shiron again would be good, even if it's just her voice..
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-19, 05:05   Link #313
kuru moon

Wow! episode 12 was great!

Spoiler for feeling:
kuru moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-19, 08:38   Link #314
kemal_1915

Good.

The next ep is "Lady" Mirepoc.
Old 2009-12-19, 09:50   Link #315
LaiShin

Spoiler:
LaiShin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-19, 10:10   Link #316
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaiShin View Post
Spoiler:
That's what i was led to believe after this weeks episode, so i'm going with that for now.
Old 2009-12-19, 11:59   Link #317
KariOhki

Ahhh, Hamy is so cute when she's not crazy. And even a little cute when she is crazy. Really nice episode.
Meidoshow: Maidklutz, Meirdio, Morooka, Seiba, Glassesmeido
KariOhki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 09:50   Link #318
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
eps 12 is good again, such a roller coaster

young hamy is such a cutie

how old is hamy now and how old was her back then at the bar btw ?
Mgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 12:51   Link #319
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Matt and Hamyut's past .
So they lived together .
Hamyut is such a crazy warmachine lol rock ftw (still overabussed breasts though)
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 17:02   Link #320
kyouray
2D > 3D

Great episode indeed with a lot of Hamyuts ! Plus this episode has nice animation and design.

"She had nice breasts, what can I say ?" Matt

However a point disturbs me :
Spoiler for about Hiza:

Anyway it's sad to have so few fanarts on pixiv.

Tags
fantasy, seinen, shounen