AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Psycho-Pass

Notices

View Poll Results: Psycho-Pass - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 27 43.55%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 40.32%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 14.52%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 1.61%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-12-13, 20:14   Link #21
Dark Wing

Well to anyone who has been thinking this show has been lacking in the action department episode 10 was obviously made for you.
Old 2012-12-13, 20:17   Link #22
Jarppa

I have to say that this was prolly "fastest" episode in recent years. It was kinda over just after it started and thats very good thing.
Old 2012-12-13, 20:36   Link #23
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
Although next time Makishima wants to get Kogami's attention, it'll be Akane who's the target, I bet.
What'd be more interesting is if for whatever reason, Makishima starts to find Akane interesting by her own merit?
Old 2012-12-13, 22:00   Link #24
Kirarakim

Noooooooooooo not a cliffhanger

That was intense, I literally had to keep pausing the episode because I was getting so nervous for the characters.

With this and Shirokuma Cafe, Thursdays are officially my favorite anime day this season.
Old 2012-12-13, 23:57   Link #25
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

It's kind of cute just how much disdain cyborg-man must have had for our loli-serial killer from last episode, after seeing the lengths he went to provide a chance for K to "win" this hunt.

Normally I'd predict K wins out, and cyborg-man realizes too late that he was just one more pawn in silver-hair's attempts to amuse himself (well, cyborg-man already realizes this I think, but still...).

I was going to say that this being Gen, we shouldn't expect that, but the more I think about it, the more I think perhaps in this case the expected really is the most likely outcome. Tragedy here wouldn't really further the story in any way. Unless K loses completely, and all these episodes were really just a prologue to show us what causes Akane to become who she becomes, as we then depart on the "real" story. Barring that, however, K wins. Cyborg-man dies. Silver-hair escapes. Akane's coffee-shop talks with her friends turn weird.
Also, cake.
Old 2012-12-14, 01:54   Link #26
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
It's kind of cute just how much disdain cyborg-man must have had for our loli-serial killer from last episode, after seeing the lengths he went to provide a chance for K to "win" this hunt.
I don't think he did. That was Makishima.
Old 2012-12-14, 01:58   Link #27
CJ_Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Don't know about him being his dad, wouldn't be surprised if he used to work closely with his dad though or were close acquaintances. So maybe, not Father Masaoka but an Uncle Masaoka vibe lol.
pretty sure its his father. . .someone that is a "close aquaintance of his father" wouldn't call him by his first name, especially since they are police.
Old 2012-12-14, 03:51   Link #28
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Holy shit, that was awesome. That episode got me so pumped, I feel like going out and doing manly shit or something.

...I feel like I'm in a writing state of mind. :3
Old 2012-12-14, 07:16   Link #29
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
I was going to say that this being Gen, we shouldn't expect that, but the more I think about it, the more I think perhaps in this case the expected really is the most likely outcome. Tragedy here wouldn't really further the story in any way. Unless K loses completely, and all these episodes were really just a prologue to show us what causes Akane to become who she becomes, as we then depart on the "real" story. Barring that, however, K wins. Cyborg-man dies. Silver-hair escapes. Akane's coffee-shop talks with her friends turn weird.
Well there's always the possibility something bad could befall Yuki, Akane's friend...

Though to be fair. The tactical situation at LEAST is looking fairly good. Kougami has destroyed one of the hounds, and he's shown himself to be pretty good at dodging gun fire and killer dogs in the dark. Furthermore, reinforcements are on route.

As some people have mentioned. There's a big difference between hunting a panicked high school girl (as murderous and fucked up as that bitch was) and someone like Kougami...frankly, if Kougami can take out his last hunting dog, I think this guy is going to have to start worrying about being hunted himself. Shotgun and cybernetic body aside...Kougami is a monster in hand to hand combat, and he's got a stun baton that's shown itself to be effective against robots.

In short, I'm not sure this hunter has what it takes to kill Kougami in a sporting hunt (The guys like a mix between Bruce Lee and Kyle Reese), and with Yuki not being the primary target, her chance of surviving as long as Kougami does is pretty decent.

Last edited by Roger Rambo; 2012-12-14 at 07:30.
Old 2012-12-14, 08:18   Link #30
stassy

Cyborg man getting a bit surprised by Silver hair is definitely a death flag for me, also K clearly saw him shooting so it would take massive corruption to make him escape and say "nothing happened, move along" after the police go for him.

I was a bit suspicious as well with Akane's friend, I wonder how far a holo can simulate clothes or body (as seen earlier morphing into a school girl or a robot is no problem) but it would be no surprise for me if she turn to be someone else for a twist, the real one being dead since the beginning...
Old 2012-12-14, 08:32   Link #31
Reincarnated
World Inverse Creator

Intensity of this episode is too damn high. I have to rate it perfect.

Although the question is, why are they kidnapping Yuki and not Akane instead? Kidnapping Akane's friend meaning that Shougo has checked on Akane as well, isn't it?

and yea what if Yuki actually has been killed and the one with Kougami is Cho Gu Sung...that'll be damn awesome.
Old 2012-12-14, 12:07   Link #32
Jimmy C

But Yuki mentioned one intimate detail from Akane, that she had a colleague that she "didn't know what to do with" If Yuki was a fake, it's unlikely she'd have known about that piece of trivia or mention it.
Old 2012-12-14, 12:12   Link #33
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It would also mean he was wearing a bra... which I find pretty funny.

So far we don't have any reason to assume Yuki is not the real deal, unless I missed the hints.
Old 2012-12-14, 12:27   Link #34
stassy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
But Yuki mentioned one intimate detail from Akane, that she had a colleague that she "didn't know what to do with" If Yuki was a fake, it's unlikely she'd have known about that piece of trivia or mention it.
About this, I would think the opposite, since she openly talked about it with the fake counselor in the forum episode while being watched by a lot of people, and it seems like everybody in the net know her (her childhood friend said she was "popular" before dying)

Quote:
It would also mean he was wearing a bra... which I find pretty funny.
This crossed my mind too...how the hell did he manage that at school ? I really want to know how powerful those holo are.
Old 2012-12-14, 12:31   Link #35
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Oooh, that's a twisted theory that Akane's friend is just being impersonated, although I think the fact that they showed flashbacks of her getting ready and going to bed rules that out, most people don't like to lie to the audience that much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnated View Post
Intensity of this episode is too damn high. I have to rate it perfect.

Although the question is, why are they kidnapping Yuki and not Akane instead? Kidnapping Akane's friend meaning that Shougo has checked on Akane as well, isn't it?
I think it's because Makishima knew that Ko was the first person Akane would turn to in a situation like this but if Akane had been kidnapped then the entire force probably would have turned up (and it would have been much harder to separate Ko from them).
Old 2012-12-14, 13:10   Link #36
whitecloud

You know...if I was there...I wouldnt not want to go in there without at least a assault rifle and a full body protection suite + night vision google and maybe some grenade...
Old 2012-12-14, 13:30   Link #37
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by stassy View Post
About this, I would think the opposite, since she openly talked about it with the fake counselor in the forum episode while being watched by a lot of people, and it seems like everybody in the net know her (her childhood friend said she was "popular" before dying)
What fake counselor?
Old 2012-12-14, 13:35   Link #38
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
What fake counselor?
I bet he's talking about either Talisman or Spooky Boogie.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-12-14, 15:28   Link #39
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
I bet he's talking about either Talisman or Spooky Boogie.
Except Spooky Boogie talked to Akane in a private chatroom. And unless Boogie saved the chat logs, they wouldn't know what she said to Akane at the time.

But it is indeed a distinct possibility. Certainly would be a bit of a mind screw.
Old 2012-12-14, 15:30   Link #40
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I can't help but think that Gino is slowly going "to the dark side".

He's becoming a bit too hardcore, a bit too extremist. If he doesn't bounce back soon, I think his character trajectory leaves him doomed.

Very exciting episode. Great, thrilling hunt. Love the setting for the conflict.
In contrast, I think he is going to be one of those characters who will be "enlightened" soon. Put it this way, for light to shine the brightest, you need to fall into the pit of darkness first.

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
Closed Thread