Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2006-07-09, 23:57   Link #1
Sicubus
Custom

Send a message via AIM to Sicubus Send a message via Yahoo to Sicubus
Angry Square-Enix and pc

i know that Final Fantasy VII is on PC what about the others what and why do you think there not on pc for america? did you know that VII the plantium ed. is like $200+ on th internet i can understand because its has never seen vids and game play and also the FULL SOUND TRAKE.
Sicubus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-10, 00:06   Link #2
asunder
the ancient biter

FF 8 is also avaliable for the PC, as is FFXI (the mmo one?)
Yeah i've re-played that special version of ff7, nothing too special. Check out some of the earlier final fantasies, where i think the gameplay and storyline was a bit better

Since the development was for a specific console (nintendo, super nintendo, ps1/ps2) It would take some effort and cost to port these games over from their console form to the PC.
asunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-10, 00:10   Link #3
Sicubus
Custom

thank you for that insight its nice to know that someone is play the old Fantasy. thank you
Old 2006-07-10, 08:58   Link #4
TaMs

Send a message via MSN to TaMs
ffxiii is too on pc
TaMs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-10, 15:08   Link #5
Sicubus
Custom

well that not known yet for square. Square might release Final Fantasy titles to other consouls like 360 and PC other then that its still up in the air. and its just might as be $75 to 100 for all of the free crap that we can just get off the fan web sites soo im just think to wait and see if Square is letting pc and 360 have the game titles also for thoes that think the ps3 is going to have a 50 to 100 or some drop your out of your mind its not going to happen, not to compare ps3 to 360 but you dont see 3600 droping there price anytime soon well i rest my caes.... o yeah Xbox also said that "We are not going to drop the price of the 360 anytime soon"
Old 2006-07-10, 19:25   Link #6
SpecterVR
Calming Everyday Life

FFVII and FFVIII is on the pc in america. o_o
Its not compatible with current gen hardware though.
SpecterVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-10, 19:36   Link #7
Sicubus
Custom

Sorry let me repeat my self the newer titles like XIII XII Final Fantasy Vs. Square is still think about 360 if there going to share the FF titles or the ...... the other one i dont care about the other i want the FF titles on the 360 (beep beep this in PS 3 might have the abilty to stop the use of sharing games on the consouls that means no renting letting a Firend use you copy you can see this at G4tv.com thank you for reading) now you know what i mean
Old 2006-07-11, 02:49   Link #8
Dis
魔王

PC Games in Japan are 99% HENTAI...
Which is why all the mainstream Games in Japan are on Console...
Dis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-11, 18:37   Link #9
ImperialPanda

Last I heard the official word is that FFXIII is PS3 exclusive. Some years ago Square has said that FFXII and FFXIII will be PS exclusive.

Reasons not to port to PC:
- Cost benefit of coding work vs. additional sales
- General hardware requirements
- Console specific optimizations

Also it's just a heck of a lot easier to pirate PC games. =P
ImperialPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-13, 02:20   Link #10
WolfCoder
wolfen programmer

Send a message via AIM to WolfCoder Send a message via MSN to WolfCoder Send a message via Yahoo to WolfCoder
Programming for a PC game is like hitting a moving target. Too many different hardware combos. I've written PC games before, and writing a multi-platform game engine is hard. I've also written for the GBA, and since it's a portable console, the game I write for it works in every GBA. Console programming is much easier.
WolfCoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-13, 05:49   Link #11
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis
PC Games in Japan are 99% HENTAI...
Which is why all the mainstream Games in Japan are on Console...

That's funny...really funny. I honestly cannot stop laughing to come up with a more valid response to it.

As for the Final Fantasy or other Squeenix titles to go PC, VII, VIII, and XI are all currently available on the PC. VII and VIII require a bit of tweaking to get to work correctly on modern machines though.

As it stands, I don't expect many more of the FF titles going PC...right now XII is PS2 exclusive and XIII will more than likely be PS3 exclusive, however XIII VS might be cross-platform, and we all know about the moble-phone ventures, but I doubt greatly we'll find too much in the way of a PC port.

If anything, they'll probably create another proprietory title to push for that market, if they feel they need to fully take a stab at it.
Old 2006-07-14, 16:55   Link #12
DaFool
Resident devil

I came a cross the 'more valid response' years ago...some article that illustrated Japan's gaming industry and why it was so different from the West's...basically the console systems became highly corporate from the get-go, thus leaving the PC wastelands for the experimentals--sort of like the doujinshi industry. I can't exactly remember where that article was and what its core argument was, except that it was very convincing and traced the evolution of a different type of creativity.

There are still a few non-ero J-games for PC though, just no blockbuster ones. While successful erogames get ported to console as a form of leveling up, popular console games that get ported to PC are more of an afterthought.
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-14, 17:37   Link #13
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

True, PC gaming isn't like it is in the Western world, but it's still there and is generally supported by Doujin softhouses. Ero games still don't totally dominate the professional side of the PC market, but they are a large chunk nonetheless.

I just found it funny that someone had to make the remark that all PC gaming in Japan is are Ero titles.
Old 2006-07-14, 19:43   Link #14
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

the reason online PC games were not so popular in japan before is that Phone lines and internet access costed up to three times as much as it does here in america. on the upside cellphone service was cheaper and hence the super big cell phone boom in japan about 10 years ago. even in america PC games were not really that popular until recently. i have only been playing PC games for about 2 years myself. computer prices have dropped substantially in the last 4 years, also everyone has highspeed internet. console games cannot keep up with the latest in PC hardware and software. having data on hardrive allows for updates and patches. the PC gaming world is going to keep moving forward i think.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-14, 21:31   Link #15
Dis
魔王

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCntry
True, PC gaming isn't like it is in the Western world, but it's still there and is generally supported by Doujin softhouses. Ero games still don't totally dominate the professional side of the PC market, but they are a large chunk nonetheless.

I just found it funny that someone had to make the remark that all PC gaming in Japan is are Ero titles.
Yes anything worng with it...?
Even your avatar and sig are from ero games title...
Dis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-14, 21:36   Link #16
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis
Yes anything worng with it...?
Even your avatar and sig are from ero games title...
Despite it being almost entirely false, no, nothing wrong.

And yes, I know the origins of my Avatar and signature...
Old 2006-07-17, 03:48   Link #17
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

Personally I want a mainstream FF game to be on the Wii...
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-17, 08:03   Link #18
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuven
Personally I want a mainstream FF game to be on the Wii...
You may not have to wait long...there were rumors flying about that FF remakes were going to start appearing on the Wii, which ones I have no clue, nor do I even believe the rumors can be founded in anything concrete.
Old 2006-07-17, 18:38   Link #19
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCntry
A Japanese guy is the top-ranked player in Battlefield 2 .
srb is offline   Reply With Quote