Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2018-06-16, 10:24   Link #601
DoomCalibur
The Shrouded Lonebrave

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
Is there a difference between the two ranks?
The difference between these two is like heaven and earth..... Marshall is the highest ranking title with the authority to command all the army during a war, whereas General's power can only cover up a part of the army under his direct command. Well if you read One Piece then using the Navy's power structure we have Marshall = Fleet Admiral (Sengoku, Sakazuki) and General = Vice-Admiral.
Old 2018-06-16, 12:27   Link #602
Zefyris
図書館狼

Marshal is the title btw, Marshall with two ll is the name of an American general which was one rank away from the highest army rank by the end of his career. Yep it's confusing, if america was using Marshal titles for the highest military authority we could have gotten Marshal Marshall~
I wouldn't say heaven and earth but Icta is 3 ranks above Jan right now, jan's exact title would be major general in english I suppose.
Sazaref is one rank below Jan as a brigadier general by now btw.
Safida was one rank above Jan's current rank that before being court martial-ed, so lieutenant general.
Polmi's relative is a 4star general, so one rank above what was Safida.

Last edited by Zefyris; 2018-06-16 at 12:52.
Zefyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-17, 06:43   Link #603
tuckersister

So calling Ikta "the Impenetrable Lazy General" is kind of pointless now.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-17, 10:54   Link #604
Zefyris
図書館狼

You're forgetting there's a translation in between.
将  in japanese designates all grades of generals, including marshal and generalissimo.
Old 2018-06-26, 03:54   Link #605
tuckersister

Hopefully when Vol 14 comes out, someone will post a short summary of it.
Old 2018-07-23, 09:34   Link #606
BobJosh

Dropped the anime after I found out that Yatori died. If the novels really go with this annoying princess as a love interest then I will not pick it back up. I heard talks to that Yatori might get revived so let's see.
BobJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-23, 10:12   Link #607
Tenzen12

Nope. there is no chance for Yatori being revived.
Old 2018-07-23, 11:50   Link #608
tuckersister

Yatori's body is preserved for a different reason. No revival.
Old 2018-07-23, 17:06   Link #609
Zefyris
図書館狼

I confirm, no possible revival of her body.And if you're the kind of reader that cannot forgive a WAR STORY to kill your favourite waifu who also happens to be a soldier on the battlefield, that story wasn't for you from the start, so don't continue it indeed.
Meanwhile, I have been enjoying all the volumes after she died. And no, I didn't dislike her at all. it's just that the second half of this story had more quality than the first half (although I really like some part of the first half too). They were all intense except for the 13th, but the 13th was all about crazy revelations.
Old 2018-07-23, 17:31   Link #610
Tenzen12

There is no need to be offended other people preferences. Plus @BobJosh didn't said he will pick Alderamin again only if Yatori is revived, just that he will definitelly not pick it if princess will be love interest.
Old 2018-07-23, 21:13   Link #611
BobJosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefyris View Post
I confirm, no possible revival of her body.And if you're the kind of reader that cannot forgive a WAR STORY to kill your favourite waifu who also happens to be a soldier on the battlefield, that story wasn't for you from the start, so don't continue it indeed.
Meanwhile, I have been enjoying all the volumes after she died. And no, I didn't dislike her at all. it's just that the second half of this story had more quality than the first half (although I really like some part of the first half too). They were all intense except for the 13th, but the 13th was all about crazy revelations.

War story or not, if they start a romance sub-plot I expect it to be done properly. Just because it's a story about war it's no excuse for that. They could just not make several love interests then.

Well good for you if you enjoy it, I don't. Everyone is different, better learn that.
Old 2018-07-24, 04:16   Link #612
tuckersister

Is Vol 14 out yet?
Old 2018-07-24, 04:59   Link #613
Hujan
One Who Search The Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJosh View Post
War story or not, if they start a romance sub-plot I expect it to be done properly. Just because it's a story about war it's no excuse for that. They could just not make several love interests then.

Well good for you if you enjoy it, I don't. Everyone is different, better learn that.
Agree with that, for romance sucker like me, shipping is the most importance (if there is romance in the story). and I dont even watch the anime cause I know Yatori died. and stop reading since then...

when there is a rare case Main Heroine = Best girl, they make her die...
what a shame...
Old 2018-07-24, 06:21   Link #614
BobJosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hujan View Post
Agree with that, for romance sucker like me, shipping is the most importance (if there is romance in the story). and I dont even watch the anime cause I know Yatori died. and stop reading since then...

when there is a rare case Main Heroine = Best girl, they make her die...
what a shame...
I agree with you, I do the same mostly, except when there is literally no romance, like jojo or hxh.
And yes, finally no harem, no love triangle, main heroin being best girl... and they kill her....
Old 2018-07-26, 02:21   Link #615
kuudererules

Cover art for Vol.14 – release at Aug 10, 2018

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
kuudererules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-26, 02:41   Link #616
patcan3609

The way Ikta also holds Chamile's shoulders like Yatori does makes me wonder if Ikta will die too by the end of the novel. Or maybe Yatori somehow is revived in Vol 14?
patcan3609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-26, 05:10   Link #617
tuckersister

Why are people still thinking Yattori is gpnna be revived?
Old 2018-07-26, 05:52   Link #618
Sacredus

They want to have decent character in story? They want Ikta to end with decent character? Also, how desperate you need to be to put on cover character that is dead since 5 volumes? Even if series got canceled and this is last volume (not sure, someone posted info about this few pages back) something like this is bad idea. As for ending, I doubt Ikta will die, IMO author will push Chamile end.
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-26, 09:01   Link #619
Tenzen12

I don't know if Ikta dies, but I think he should. This would be story not about Ikta or Chamile, but about turbulent times of great revolution where many great people lost their life on altair of reforming country." The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants" kind of thing.

Putting any romance aside, Ikta shouldn't be able act as wholesome person after Yatori death, he can live until his fullfil his task, but in the end there is no happy end for people who are missing half of soul. Chammile with bit of luck would survive and live peacufully in anonimity (maybe even getting own family) on the very end, though I don't think she herself has such intention now though.

Anyway I do belive classic happy end would ruin tragedy story like Alderamin. If you write tragedy you should at least write it properly and I hope author is aware of that.
Old 2018-07-26, 19:14   Link #620
DanielSong39

Peace is impossible as long as Chamille is alive
Sorry, that's just how I see it
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, historical, military science fiction, statecraft, tearjerker, tragedy