Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2015-11-24, 20:24   Link #34841
Skye629

Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-24, 20:40   Link #34842
BassGSnewtype
The Sword of Darkness

Hmmm, interesting, a tease of the next Build Fighters?
Old 2015-11-24, 21:17   Link #34843
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassGSnewtype View Post
Hmmm, interesting, a tease of the next Build Fighters?
Yeah, probs the OVA they've announced before
Old 2015-11-26, 12:23   Link #34844
BassGSnewtype
The Sword of Darkness

Ah, I forgot about those.
Old 2015-11-28, 09:10   Link #34845
Ryuuoh DeltaPlus
A Random Lurker

Hello guys I'm doing my first thread here to ask for opinions on something.

My first MG model kit was the Delta Plus, however, I really didn't assemble all of it by myself, as I had help from a friend who already is in the hobby (and he helped me color the pilot and do the topcoating).

This time, I'm planning to buy a MG kit and assemble it all by myself, however amateur I may be, cuz I really am up for the challenge.

I like kits that are poseable, and provide a good building experience for a beginner.

With budget constraints considered, my choices include:

MG Jesta
MG RX-78-2 Ver 3.0
MG 00 Raiser
MG Strike Gundam Ver RM
MG Gundam Astray Blue Frame Second Revise
MG Exia

Which do you think will be the best buy for my money?
Old 2015-11-28, 11:17   Link #34846
Butagami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuuoh DeltaPlus View Post

I like kits that are poseable, and provide a good building experience for a beginner.

MG Jesta
MG RX-78-2 Ver 3.0
MG 00 Raiser
MG Strike Gundam Ver RM
MG Exia

Best buy for your money, I think would be either the Blue Frame, or the RX-78-2 3.0
Blue frame is a bit difficult though, due to it having a lot of small parts (it has little in the way of armor, and a lot of detail in the frame, which necessitates a lot of parts). the Granddaddy 3.0, It seems awesome, but I don't have any personal experience with it.

I think the Strike and the Jesta would be good beginner MG's, not too compicated or flimsy, but look good. Exia is beautiful and has a great range of poses, but from what I've heard the ankles (like with the Delta Plus) are weak, so for the more spectacular poses you'll need an action base...

Hope that helps a little
Old 2015-11-28, 11:54   Link #34847
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuuoh DeltaPlus View Post
Hello guys I'm doing my first thread here to ask for opinions on something.

My first MG model kit was the Delta Plus, however, I really didn't assemble all of it by myself, as I had help from a friend who already is in the hobby (and he helped me color the pilot and do the topcoating).

This time, I'm planning to buy a MG kit and assemble it all by myself, however amateur I may be, cuz I really am up for the challenge.

MG Jesta
MG RX-78-2 Ver 3.0
MG 00 Raiser
MG Strike Gundam Ver RM
MG Exia

Personally I would simply go with what you really want and what you really as a model.
They aren't particularly much harder than each other, some can be tricky but not really hard to build overall(it's mostly the painting and finishing touches that are difficult)
It can be easy enough to judge yourself on how good you think you yourself are at building and producing a good finished work.
If you think you aren't great and don't want to waste a model then get one you think you like but aren't too fussed about getting something wrong with and save the models you really like till your better and want a good job done.
Old 2015-11-28, 19:44   Link #34848
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butagami View Post
Best buy for your money, I think would be either the Blue Frame, or the RX-78-2 3.0
Blue frame is a bit difficult though, due to it having a lot of small parts (it has little in the way of armor, and a lot of detail in the frame, which necessitates a lot of parts). the Granddaddy 3.0, It seems awesome, but I don't have any personal experience with it.

I think the Strike and the Jesta would be good beginner MG's, not too compicated or flimsy, but look good. Exia is beautiful and has a great range of poses, but from what I've heard the ankles (like with the Delta Plus) are weak, so for the more spectacular poses you'll need an action base...

Hope that helps a little
I'll second and add on to this

First things first, unless you get it for dirt cheap, I would cross off the MG Exia, the ankles for the base model/ignition mode kills it unless you got a stand. The Dark Matter remedies it, but it is different kit

Since it seems like you can tolerate its looks, the 2.0 Gundam is an absolutely fantastic kit

Blue frame as noted is a great kit, but it is more complicated, and posing with the giant sword is not easy, even with the included stand to help support it

Strike RM is a great kit, to top it off it got a great stand/display base that comes with it, modeled after a MS deck catapult/launch

Jesta is the most bare kit of the bunch, it is what it is and dont really come with anything else

00 Raiser is an amazing kit too, however of the bunch you listed it is the most expensive, then again you get the 0-Raiser and the option of posing both together or separately, and have tons of accessories/effect parts

My pick given what you have told us is the Gundam Ver. 2.0, followed by Strike, then 00
Old 2015-12-02, 19:51   Link #34849
X207
Gamyūsa

what is the deal with the 144 scale Zeydalus/Medel Zant model kit from Gundam AGE? a quick google of 144 Zeydalus comes up with Gundam model but its on a Japanese site. i cant read Japanese. can some one please help me to distinguish this from a toy figure vs a model kit?

it looks like theres a plastic model of the xvm-Mzc Zeydalus. the pictures arent in the best quality (on google) so i cant distinguish if its a prebuilt action figure or an actual 1:144 scale kit i can build and paint. ive been waiting for some sort of merchandise regarding the Zeydalus to come onto the market. if its an actual model then i will very likely buy it to add to my collection. it does look very much like a model kit but im not sure if its a production or a custom build by an individual
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-02, 20:36   Link #34850
Mech42ace
Proffesional Board Lurker

I'd personally go with the MG RX-78 3.0 because it is a solid kit that I can't complain about
Old 2015-12-02, 21:48   Link #34851
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
what is the deal with the 144 scale Zeydalus/Medel Zant model kit from Gundam AGE? a quick google of 144 Zeydalus comes up with Gundam model but its on a Japanese site. i cant read Japanese. can some one please help me to distinguish this from a toy figure vs a model kit?

it looks like theres a plastic model of the xvm-Mzc Zeydalus. the pictures arent in the best quality (on google) so i cant distinguish if its a prebuilt action figure or an actual 1:144 scale kit i can build and paint. ive been waiting for some sort of merchandise regarding the Zeydalus to come onto the market. if its an actual model then i will very likely buy it to add to my collection. it does look very much like a model kit but im not sure if its a production or a custom build by an individual
I don't know about others but I don't remember ever heard of any Zeydalus kits or figure. (maybe it's a custom kit, kitbash, scratchbuild, or Exclusive item? Not sure). But considering how hard AGE bombed, I doubt Bandai will go the extra mile to make a new mold like Zeydalus for an Exclusive Item. Heck they even cancelled AGE-3 & AGE-FX MGs even though some fans are pretty excited for them.
Old 2015-12-03, 02:32   Link #34852
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

the AGE anime may bombed hard but the suit designs were somehow popular considering how well they are designed & will be forever associated with a Madoka Magica meme, just pray to goddess Madoka Titus that the cancelled MGs will be resurrected in the near future.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-03, 04:57   Link #34853
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

...are you F#$#$% kidding me? I have to buy this thing as a set with the Barbatos, like with the GN Arms and G-Self Assautl pack sets?
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-03, 05:04   Link #34854
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
...are you F#$#$% kidding me? I have to buy this thing as a set with the Barbatos, like with the GN Arms and G-Self Assautl pack sets?
It's not a big problem for me. I can always display the lone HG Barbatos with its mace and other weapons while having the one in the Booster Kutan displayed as is.
Old 2015-12-03, 06:54   Link #34855
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

I'm moving house and am running out of space. This is why I haven't been getting any MGs or PGs I don't have the space for it.
Old 2015-12-03, 17:48   Link #34856
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I don't know about others but I don't remember ever heard of any Zeydalus kits or figure. (maybe it's a custom kit, kitbash, scratchbuild, or Exclusive item? Not sure). But considering how hard AGE bombed, I doubt Bandai will go the extra mile to make a new mold like Zeydalus for an Exclusive Item. Heck they even cancelled AGE-3 & AGE-FX MGs even though some fans are pretty excited for them.
thank you for the reply. its likely a custom/scratch built kit in that case. however that person did a great job in building it from scratch. i havent heard or seen any Zeydalus kit or any other AGE model update/review for many months. im surprised they even cancelled the AGE FX MG. i'll just pray to the Gundam gods for the time being and hope they reconsider it in a few decades.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-03, 17:53   Link #34857
Skye629

Old 2015-12-03, 18:47   Link #34858
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

^ Wait, they're selling HG 1/144 naked Gundam Frame? Well, if anything, I'm sure the diorama guys will be all over it.
Old 2015-12-04, 03:42   Link #34859
helois

^ i think will come with tons of details,instead of the gap of the armor...

...maybe?

helois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-04, 05:19   Link #34860
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
^ Wait, they're selling HG 1/144 naked Gundam Frame?
- At 1512 Yen? It'd be cheaper to just buy the 1/144 Barbatos (800-1000 Yen) and use that. No, I think that might either be a completely different Gundam, or else that better be a Real Grade-quality inner frame.

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy