AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2012-02-24, 08:50   Link #7641
haegar
mangaviking

either way, he is right, that was nonsensical. Mavis was sitting two feet from the kid. SHE should have noticed it and nonchalantly ripped the strands apart behind her back... I mean she can sense the evil magic but cannot feel this? 0.o
Old 2012-02-24, 09:08   Link #7642
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
I'm pretty sure Natsu had heard of Flare and Lucy's conversations
Yeah, I made a mistake, he has both both enhanced smell and hearing so I reversed it. Still doesn't change a fact that scene was mostly made for fanservice pairing moment.
Old 2012-02-24, 09:12   Link #7643
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

honestly Mashima... do you want to make a RAGE arc???? now I'm fired up as well....
Lucy has done a great job and somehow use whisper to notice Natsu....

cool teamwork...

and now, finally Fairy Tail can bounce back....
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 09:13   Link #7644
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Mavis doesn't look all that surprised...I don't know if she did know about the hair strand or not - it's too early to tell.

And the raging is alive and well over at the Fox...
Old 2012-02-24, 09:36   Link #7645
ShiroiRyu

Oh man ...
I'm angry, really angry ...
Old 2012-02-24, 09:40   Link #7646
leon4281isback

Send a message via MSN to leon4281isback
Wow...Raven Tail are total, pathetic losers. And the crowd is too.
Don't worry Raven Tail will get theirs and then some...I'm a patient man. So until then

F**K YOU RAVEN TAIL Y'ALL A** AIN'T S**T!
Old 2012-02-24, 10:23   Link #7647
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Trololol, Visitor lost to Ichiya in a dancing battle!? Really, the guy who does nothing but dance in EVERY PANEL HE'S IN, lost to that? Noble loser indeed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
lucy. the. goddess.

that is all I have to say.

oke, she got bitched with and thus it didn't turn out well, but that's just a minor detail.

wasn't she simply GLORIOUS?
Twins + underboob + panty shot + tentacle hair = nothing less than...excitement dance!
Quote:
*sits back and watches how many people are going to flood in here with RAGE*
Yeah, this arc does a good job of transmitting the emotions of the characters straight into the readers :P I'll take that as a good sign...and Mashima doesn't seem to keep up the losing streak, if Makarov's veins and Yajima's glare are anything to go by.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 11:08   Link #7648
Miraluka
Banned

The dancer from FT lost to Ichiya?!

WTF, he must be that good or Vijeeter lost it and now sucks at dancing .

Natsu, GJ! I almost want to hug you!

I know Mashima did read Saint Seiya, that Urano Metria is like the Galaxian Explosion.

BTW, Raven Tail is giving massive troll on the manga :S, no such thing as heroic Ivan, hope he dies like Hades.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 11:16   Link #7649
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Loki, Gemini, Caprico say hello

...or Aquarius (if she could be summoned here that is, maybe summoned in Lucys water whip) likely could have defeated what we saw of Flare even if controlled by pretime skip Lucy. The real shock is the fodder keys where beating her and Lucy' multisummon.

Dont get me wrong Flare would have seemed much stronger even vs lets say Loki and the fight would have likely resembled Lucy vs Bixlow with Lucy barely winning in the end. But vs Gemini or Caprico Flare likely would be defeated in moments even pre time skip since both have amazingly strong powers.

Plus Lucy has gotten quite a bit stronger every arc... so who is to say how strong she would have been without the power up (clearly not this strong but still at least a bit better than she was in s class trail where she was summoning almost all her keys in rapid succussesion)
Caprico's power is goat kung-fu. Human Subordination was Zoldeo's power, and he's long since done his wicked witch of the west impression.

Gemini, as could be assumed before, but we finally have confirmation of in chapter 272, can't copy people significantly stronger than him, only equal and lower, and with his strength dependent on Lucy's, he would have been unable to copy Flare prior to Lucy's power up.

Scorpio is fodder? Don't tell Aquarius that.

Loki might do a bit better than the rest, but the bottom line is that Lucy's spirit's power depends on Lucy's power. So with Lucy having been powered up, they're all powered up as well. So if Flare is equaling them individually when they've powered up, she would have been stomping them individually before Lucy was powered up. And while Lucy's been slowly growing stronger anyways, I doubt she would have been able to casually call out multiple spirits without the power up.

So bottom line, Flare isn't weak, she would have curb-stomped Lucy prior to Ultear's power up, and her poor showing is a reflection of Lucy being stronger.

As for 272, good chapter. Nice to see that Lucy's been at least working at Uranometria, and nice to see her make use of Gemini. Though with Gemini hitting Flare, I was expecting her to copy Flare, not herself. I still hope she did copy Flare then, as that would later give them tremendous insight into what Raven Tail's plans likely are.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 11:39   Link #7650
haegar
mangaviking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post

Twins + underboob + panty shot + tentacle hair = nothing less than...excitement dance!
while my being partial to boobaliscious fanservice ain't exactly a secret, this one time, I actually was referring to the fact that she gave a hell of a fight and showed a significant powerup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
Caprico's power is goat kung-fu. .
rofl. sweet.

Quote:
Gemini, as could be assumed before, but we finally have confirmation of in chapter 272, can't copy people significantly stronger than him, only equal and lower, and with his strength dependent on Lucy's, he would have been unable to copy Flare prior to Lucy's power up.
That last bit is a pretty blind guess imho. Despite Lucy getting stronger, Flare didn't seem such a big deal...

What was indeed stated clearly is that Lucy cannot gemini Erza or Laxus or Natsu DF or such - which makes a whole lota sense and he could have introduced this restriction long ago imho. But still, now we know. And we know that together with the help of a spirit she now has enough power to cast one Urano Metria.

We do NOT know, how strong Flare is in relation to S-class folks gemini cannot copy. Can't prove this either way, but by my gut feeling I'd rather say Flare was pretty low level in terms of raw power

Quote:
And while Lucy's been slowly growing stronger anyways, I doubt she would have been able to casually call out multiple spirits without the power up.
that's just plain wrong. she has done so on more than one occasion, though granted, so far it left her completely exhausted and only ever worked less planned and for a short time only.

Quote:
Though with Gemini hitting Flare, I was expecting her to copy Flare, not herself. I still hope she did copy Flare then, as that would later give them tremendous insight into what Raven Tail's plans likely are.
that's a good notion, I totally forgot about that. I guess it would destroy the plot suspense though if mashima had her "read" a raven tail so early though. hopefully later. I'd like to see that...
Old 2012-02-24, 11:43   Link #7651
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
while my being partial to boobaliscious fanservice ain't exactly a secret, this one time, I actually was referring to the fact that she gave a hell of a fight and showed a significant powerup.
See, now that's the kind of comment that makes me look bad, because I liked the fight too!

saved it.
Old 2012-02-24, 12:03   Link #7652
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
saved it.
Nope

Good for you Lucy, you won allot more fans.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 12:23   Link #7653
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
Caprico's power is goat kung-fu. Human Subordination was Zoldeo's power, and he's long since done his wicked witch of the west impression.
I call this plot hole or epic fail .
Old 2012-02-24, 12:26   Link #7654
haegar
mangaviking

Quote:
See, now that's the kind of comment that makes me look bad, because I liked the fight too!
ah pshaw, nevermind, all men looking at lucy's boobs look the same anyways. that doesn't mean they look bad. they just..."look" ... and keep looking
Old 2012-02-24, 13:03   Link #7655
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
I call this plot hole or epic fail .
Dare you mock the power of goat-fu!?
Quote:
they just..."look" ... and keep looking
I shall implement this at once, since the bath towel is missing from my equation
Old 2012-02-24, 13:07   Link #7656
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Dare you mock the power of goat-fu!?
Oops wrong quote. I mena this:

Quote:
I still hope she did copy Flare then, as that would later give them tremendous insight into what Raven Tail's plans likely are.
Epic fail or plot hole.
Old 2012-02-24, 13:08   Link #7657
Deathscyther

Nice chapter. Respect for Lucy!

So Natsu heard Lucy say Asuka's name. Is his improved hearing a part of his dragon slaying powers or does he just have good ears?

I thought Natsu acted really mature this chapter. Not only did he manage to save Lucy with his quick reaction to hearing Asuka's name, but he got Lucy back on her feet after her 'loss' right away. He and Lucy really are the best team (and couple) together. They're always there for each other.

Raven Tail seems to have strong members, but I don't think our Fairy Tail members are weaker. In a fair fight Lucy would have easily won this one after all.

Seeing how much stronger Lucy got because of Ultear's training, I wonder just how much stonger Natsu, Wendy and Gray got. Erza was already supposed to have used a bit of her potential before Ultear's training so she probably improved less than the others.

Quote:
either way, he is right, that was nonsensical. Mavis was sitting two feet from the kid. SHE should have noticed it and nonchalantly ripped the strands apart behind her back... I mean she can sense the evil magic but cannot feel this? 0.o
She probably couldn't. Most likely she's a spirit only Fairy Tail guild members can see. So I have to a feeling she's not able to touch objects/people. She could have warned someone about the hair though (if she sensed it).
Old 2012-02-24, 13:20   Link #7658
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Flare's still hot. I didn't like the method used to win, but whateva.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 13:25   Link #7659
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Flare's still hot. I didn't like the method used to win, but whateva.
People liked her because she gave impression that she is a crazy badass. But with this chapter she is just crazy.
Old 2012-02-24, 13:31   Link #7660
Krono

Quote:
That last bit is a pretty blind guess imho. Despite Lucy getting stronger, Flare didn't seem such a big deal...
True it's speculation, but it's speculation based on the fact that one of the early volume Q&As stated that Lucy's spirits get stronger as she gets stronger. Ultear's power up is supposed to be fairly sizable, so if Flare is equaling Lucy's spirits one on one after the power up, she should outmatch them before the power up, leaving her too strong for Lucy to copy.

Quote:
What was indeed stated clearly is that Lucy cannot gemini Erza or Laxus or Natsu DF or such - which makes a whole lota sense and he could have introduced this restriction long ago imho. But still, now we know. And we know that together with the help of a spirit she now has enough power to cast one Urano Metria.
He probably didn't because he figured people were smart enough to figure out that such a logical and obvious restriction exists and explicitly saying so would be insulting their intelligence. Otherwise if Gemini could copy anyone without restriction other than what was listed in Edoras, Jura's statement that he wasn't close to as strong as Makarov wouldn't have been a relief to Gemini, it would have been a disappointment. Likewise, if Angel could copy people stronger than her, she wouldn't have been copying Lucy and Gray, she would have been copying Jura and Erza.

Quote:
We do NOT know, how strong Flare is in relation to S-class folks gemini cannot copy. Can't prove this either way, but by my gut feeling I'd rather say Flare was pretty low level in terms of raw power
We can't prove it either way at this time, but as I said, Ultear's power up was supposed to be sizable, so if Flare can fight pretty equally with powered up Lucy, she should be significantly stronger than not powered up Lucy.

Quote:
that's just plain wrong. she has done so on more than one occasion, though granted, so far it left her completely exhausted and only ever worked less planned and for a short time only.
Umm, you miss my point. Lucy is simultaneously summoning 2+ spirits like Angel was and having them do combo attacks. She could not summon two at a time before, much less have them do combo attacks. She could only summon them sequentially, not calling out another one until the previous one had been defeated or dismissed. The only time she summoned multiple spirits before was when pleading with Spirit King, and she was only able to do it for a few moments before the effort brought her to her knees.

So for her to be able to simultaneously call out Taurus and Scorpio, and have them do a combo attack is a pretty big power up that puts her easily in the same league as Angel as far as 1v1.

Quote:
that's a good notion, I totally forgot about that. I guess it would destroy the plot suspense though if mashima had her "read" a raven tail so early though. hopefully later. I'd like to see that...
Yeah, killing suspense would be the problem. He could get around that by having Flare be too crazy to have paid more than basic attention to her fellow guild members or some such, but I suspect that they'll take the easy way and have had Lucy not copy Flare.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen