AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-04-16, 11:07   Link #9741
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
If we take in cosideration what about Ollerus said about unknown attacks (it can be neutralized if is used as a sword), and given he didn't made a single blink with Gunha I put my money on Ollerus. Not as as strong as Fiamma was but sure stronger than Curtana.
Then again, Gunha is nothing next to Curtana...
Old 2011-04-16, 13:00   Link #9742
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
I'm saying if the fight took place in the UK obviously. Vento was not restricted before. Hyouka did not appear until the very end when Kihara injected the code into LO.
No, the effects could be easily seen right off the bat at the start of the volume, when Vento was trying to smash that Spanish restaurant and her Magic started to backfire (presumably) thanks to the imaginary sector being activated even before Hyouka being really out.

Vento pretty much couldn't freely use her magic almost from the start
Old 2011-04-16, 14:14   Link #9743
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
No, the effects could be easily seen right off the bat at the start of the volume, when Vento was trying to smash that Spanish restaurant and her Magic started to backfire (presumably) thanks to the imaginary sector being activated even before Hyouka being really out.

Vento pretty much couldn't freely use her magic almost from the start
But even so, she's still not capable of levelling a city in one blow. Even Acqua isn't.
Old 2011-04-16, 14:33   Link #9744
Phibrizzo
Honos628

The point of vento is not to destroy the city but incapacitate all people and then take her sweet time.
Old 2011-04-16, 15:29   Link #9745
tsunade666

the only one capable of turning a city into dust is Fiamma. The other god's right seat are strong but in terms of power they can probably destroy a city but not in one blow. They will destroy it bits by bits.
Old 2011-04-16, 16:05   Link #9746
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:

He got beaten to a sneak attack. It was very, very lucky thing for William. He was about to be overpowered and killed. I think he (with Curtana's boost of course) can fight a fully powered Acqua reasonably well.

Seriously, Knight Leader can negate any weapon of William's as well as kill him in one hit, draw him in with his range manip and outmatch him in speed. Only thing William has to work with is weapon skill.
Knight Leader could have defeated Acqua with Curtana boost but he wanted to have 1vs 1 fight in order to show how noble are his own objetives to Acqua.
Old 2011-04-16, 17:49   Link #9747
Phibrizzo
Honos628

So how close you think it would be a duel with curtana boost, vs dual saint aqua with ascalon?
Old 2011-04-16, 18:24   Link #9748
tsunade666

dual saint aqua with ascalon will pulverize knight leader even if curtana boosted and even if he had the whole knight troops as his back up but this current aqua didn't had the blessing of the god's right seat so he doesn't have any access to dual saint.

It's a battle of saint aqua with ascalon vs knight leader boosted with curtana.
Old 2011-04-16, 19:23   Link #9749
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
He got beaten to a sneak attack. It was very, very lucky thing for William. He was about to be overpowered and killed. I think he (with Curtana's boost of course) can fight a fully powered Acqua reasonably well.

Seriously, Knight Leader can negate any weapon of William's as well as kill him in one hit, draw him in with his range manip and outmatch him in speed. Only thing William has to work with is weapon skill.
Aqua in full power can control various water and moon magic, which doesn't use weapon. Knight Leader can't stop those. A full powered Aqua can just does his moon tackle move, and blast Knight Leader to smithereens.

Also, Knight Leader has no way in out speeding a fully powered Aqua. There's speed are relatively close for a power down Aqua, who doesn't have Mary's Mercy to let him go above his usual bodily limits. I simply can't imagine how Knight Leader can catch up if Aqua is fully powered.
Old 2011-04-16, 20:31   Link #9750
Karna
just some guy

Quote:
But even so, she's still not capable of levelling a city in one blow. Even Acqua isn't.
Can't Acqua use Gabriel's Water Wing attack? And that's a mountain buster.
Old 2011-04-16, 21:21   Link #9751
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Greed~ View Post
Can't Acqua use Gabriel's Water Wing attack? And that's a mountain buster.
He can't using wing attack. Wing show signs of divine state. Even black wings are similar to telesma in structure.

Meaning wing = divine class

Aqua can't do that move even if his dual saint.
Old 2011-04-16, 21:36   Link #9752
Karna
just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
He can't using wing attack. Wing show signs of divine state. Even black wings are similar to telesma in structure.

Meaning wing = divine class

Aqua can't do that move even if his dual saint.
I see. Can someone else chime in to confirm this?
Old 2011-04-16, 22:35   Link #9753
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
More of Volume 17 Chapter 3 up, Part 9.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2011-04-16, 22:37   Link #9754
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Well a slightly different way to look at it is that the wings are part of Misha's body, it's not a spell.
Old 2011-04-16, 22:37   Link #9755
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Aqua in full power can control various water and moon magic, which doesn't use weapon. Knight Leader can't stop those. A full powered Aqua can just does his moon tackle move, and blast Knight Leader to smithereens.

Also, Knight Leader has no way in out speeding a fully powered Aqua. There's speed are relatively close for a power down Aqua, who doesn't have Mary's Mercy to let him go above his usual bodily limits. I simply can't imagine how Knight Leader can catch up if Aqua is fully powered.
Ah but the Knight Leader is invisible to the recuperating Acqua in terms of speed. To the point that if Acqua switched to rune magic and neglected his physical boosts, he would be overpowered instantly. If the latter still had Mary's Mercy, I think their speed would be about even.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Greed~ View Post
I see. Can someone else chime in to confirm this?
Gabriel's wings are obviously part of Gabriel....he can't just conjure them out of nowhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phibrizzo View Post
The point of vento is not to destroy the city but incapacitate all people and then take her sweet time.
But Curtana Original can and that is why I think Vento would lose to the Royals.

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2011-04-17 at 00:21.
Old 2011-04-16, 22:48   Link #9756
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

So Lessar is the most powerful of New Light huh? I thought Bayloupe would be, but I guess I shouldn't decide by leadership.
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Old 2011-04-16, 23:16   Link #9757
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Quote:
But Curtana Original can and that is why I think Vento would lose to the Royals.
If they are KO how in the name of god they would attack her?, really in a war (with the things so far show) god right seat would own the UK.
Old 2011-04-16, 23:43   Link #9758
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phibrizzo View Post
If they are KO how in the name of god they would attack her?, really in a war (with the things so far show) god right seat would own the UK.
Divine Punishment has range of around city size when Vento is not succumbing to effects of AIM.

The administering of Telesma can happen anywhere as long as it's within the UK's borders.

Eli Eli Lamia Sabachtani can snipe a satelite in orbit. Excluding Fianma and the rest of the RCC, the UK has more at their disposal then those three in God's Right Seat.
Old 2011-04-16, 23:47   Link #9759
Miraluka
Banned

Bravo, Cosmic Eagle!
Triple post combo!
Can't you edit your posts?

Oh, thanks for the part 9.
Old 2011-04-16, 23:58   Link #9760
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Divine Punishment has range of around city size when Vento is not succumbing to effects of AIM.
No, even weakened Divine punishment can cover continents; it was a stated fact that she knocked out people all over the globe.

The Curtana is supposed to grant the power of an archangel, but it has many weakness in itself and it can't be used outside England, that can be easily exploited. Even if you focus all of the power of the Curtana into a single person (which you can't since by nature the power is distributed), that single person can't be as good as an angel because of the knowledge gap.

God's Right Seat refine themselves to be as close as angels as possible, just by knowing divine spells they already have an advantage over someone else who can only happen to have access to human magic; they power is not only strong (though not as fundamentally strong as an angel) but they have the advantage in knowledge, even if the enemy is overcheezed by the Curtana. Probably Pendex has a better chance against GRS than the royals, but Pendex also has weakness as Fiamma's actions proved throughout the story.

Last edited by Okashira; 2011-10-17 at 10:05.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen