AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-24, 16:52   Link #301
Sun Shine
Destroyer of the Good

What do you reckon, animes madly spaced out again or a chronological order, it will be interesting to see how its done. I hope this season is longer than the first because the first didn't feel long enough at all.
Old 2007-08-25, 15:46   Link #302
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelsmud View Post
Just out of interest, is it OK to expect a season 3?
I would not be surprised. However, I do not think there will be anything beyond that. The author is having a hell of a time trying to get volume 10 written, and assuming a 14 episode season, most of volumes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and half of 8 would be already be made. (Most predictions are DissappearenceX6, SighsX2, Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody [EXTREMELY EARLY IN THE SERIES!], Endless Eight, Snow Mountain Syndrome, Charmed at first Sight LOVER, Editor in Chief, and 1 original story). The would leave 2 stories left, only 1 of which I think would be animated in a hypothetical season 3, and then 3 full novels in 7, 9, and 10. I doubt he will release any more books after 10. So, season three in my opinion will be 24 episodes long, with the first 2 at 14.
Old 2007-08-25, 17:53   Link #303
Raykun
Protect my imouto ~

Hmm so 52 episodes to cover all ten volumes....
Old 2007-08-25, 21:42   Link #304
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raykun View Post
Hmm so 52 episodes to cover all ten volumes....
5.2 episodes per volume makes sense. Melancholy took 6, and it had the 2nd most material in any of the first 8 I'm read. 7 was longer, but 6 was more detailed.
Old 2007-08-25, 21:43   Link #305
mcruz1014
Eye Have You

Send a message via Yahoo to mcruz1014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Shine View Post
What do you reckon, animes madly spaced out again or a chronological order, it will be interesting to see how its done. I hope this season is longer than the first because the first didn't feel long enough at all.
I hope that the second season airs in chronological order. Not having read the novels, I don't know that I would have stuck with the first season had it not already been finished when I started watching it, and the correct order already been revealed.
Old 2007-08-25, 22:01   Link #306
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcruz1014 View Post
I hope that the second season airs in chronological order. Not having read the novels, I don't know that I would have stuck with the first season had it not already been finished when I started watching it, and the correct order already been revealed.
I think it is likely that the second season would be anachronological as well. However, a hypothetical 3rd season (April 2010 if it were to come out) would need to be chronological. If they are planning on 3 seasons, it would be worth a question. If it's only 2, then I think it will be anachronological.
Old 2007-08-26, 06:04   Link #307
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
I think it is likely that the second season would be anachronological as well. However, a hypothetical 3rd season (April 2010 if it were to come out) would need to be chronological. If they are planning on 3 seasons, it would be worth a question. If it's only 2, then I think it will be anachronological.
Unless they decide to do a 24 or 26 episode second season which then could cover all the novels up to (but not including) 9.

Old 2007-08-26, 07:31   Link #308
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Unless they decide to do a 24 or 26 episode second season which then could cover all the novels up to (but not including) 9.

They very well could do that, however, I really don't think it is that good of an idea. If they do 24, it would be Disappearence X6, Scheme X6, Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody, Charmed at First Sight LOVER, Snow Mountain Syndrome, Endless Eight, Sighs X2, Editor in Chief X2, The Melancholy of Asahina Mikuru, Where did the cat go?, Wandering Shadow X2, and Original Episode X2. They'd be able to do a very full coverege up to and including number 8, but it they wanted to do a season three, they'd only be able to make it a 14 episode season. Not only will this piss Haruhiists off, but it would also create the need of overstretching a story. 9 is one of the shortest light novels so far, as it is a 2 part story. As such, making it 7 episodes long and 10 7 episodes long would result in a very boring story, making it go out as a failure.

Oh, and by the way, thinking the way that Kyoto does, if I were you, I'd make sure to see Lucky Star 24 as soon as it comes out. I'm thinking they may put the first preview to Haruhi in the next episode portion, just like they put Clannad in Kanon.
Old 2007-08-26, 07:55   Link #309
Claymore_Obsessed

Imho it's gonna be anachronological this time too...

When I watched season 1, I felt confused at first, but it wasn't like I couldn't figure out what was going on at all. It was a bit confusing, but it still made sense.
This.... weirdness (among so many other aspects I really loved, seiyuu, animation, music, etc) contributed to make Haruhi one of my favorite anime of all times.

I hope they can surprise me again (very likely, since I'm not a novel reader... )
Old 2007-08-27, 09:45   Link #310
Cloudy

Most likey,haruhi 2 will premiere next april becuase the director of SHNY is working on clannad currently,the quality of both haruhi 2 and clannad might be ruined if he is working on both series at the same time.

BTW,I prefer haruhi 2 to air during the next spring season.
Old 2007-09-01, 20:57   Link #311
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore_Obsessed View Post
Imho it's gonna be anachronological this time too...

When I watched season 1, I felt confused at first, but it wasn't like I couldn't figure out what was going on at all. It was a bit confusing, but it still made sense.
This.... weirdness (among so many other aspects I really loved, seiyuu, animation, music, etc) contributed to make Haruhi one of my favorite anime of all times.

I hope they can surprise me again (very likely, since I'm not a novel reader... )
I did a bit of thinking about this upcoming series. There is going to be a bit of an error. When in the first season, Haruhi mentioned the real numbering of episodes, some of them occurred after the story "Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody". This story is ESSENTIAL for the main storyline of season 2 to occur, even though it is not a really eventful story. So, there is going to be a messup.

But my opinion is that, since they are probably doing Disappearence and short storiest, they cannot go chronological. Some of the short stories chronologically happen before the events of disappearence, and nobody likes a story where the main concept of the series is introduced in like episode 5 or 6.

So, I really think that it is likely for another anachronological season. I think that Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody will be the 1st episode of the main storyline chronologically, for without it, the story does not make sense. For the fans who want to watch the main storyline as one story, it would erupt into chaos.
Regardless, it will appear before the first episode of Disappearence shows.
Old 2007-09-08, 19:35   Link #312
Cloud05
Haruhi Fanatic

I'm sorry if this has been asked a billion times, I don't have enough time to read through all of this, is the 2 season out yet, and if not when does it come out?
Old 2007-09-08, 19:36   Link #313
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud05 View Post
I'm sorry if this has been asked a billion times, I don't have enough time to read through all of this, is the 2 season out yet, and if not when does it come out?
No it's not out yet. Most likely next year after Clannad.
Old 2007-09-08, 22:37   Link #314
starry_sky45
Cherry Blossom~

Send a message via AIM to starry_sky45 Send a message via MSN to starry_sky45
omg! yessssss
I freakin love this series! About time
Old 2007-09-09, 07:44   Link #315
Nihlathak

Will it be prosponded after the end of Clannad?
Till Januarary next year?
Old 2007-09-09, 08:52   Link #316
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihlathak View Post
Will it be prosponded after the end of Clannad?
Till Januarary next year?
nothing has been said, only the confirmation that it will happen. Should wait until the end of Clannad because Clannad airs this October.
Old 2007-09-11, 14:21   Link #317
max2k

I hope that we get some new information (airing date)in the last episode of Lucky Star.....
Old 2007-09-11, 21:19   Link #318
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by max2k View Post
I hope that we get some new information (airing date)in the last episode of Lucky Star.....
That's my prediction. I'm planning on getting Lucky Star raw if available as soon as possible, for it just seems like something they'd do. Unless, of course, they decide to announce a new anime for something like Fall 2008 of even winter 2009. I doubt it, though.
Old 2007-09-12, 21:25   Link #319
Hruek

I hope they continue from the Disappearance of Suzumiya Haruhi
Old 2007-09-13, 10:21   Link #320
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hruek View Post
I hope they continue from the Disappearance of Suzumiya Haruhi
I thought that much was released. If they continue from Sighs, unless Kyoto pulls off a miracle, then Haruhi would be an absolute disaster, and Kyoto's fan base would completely collapse. It'd have to be disappearence.

Tags
comedy, kadokawa, school life, science fiction, shounen