AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-12-10, 22:45   Link #2021
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-11, 06:30   Link #2022
francescoG1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Was there a Hero promoted to platinum rank ten years ago too?
That Hero is a 15/16 years old girl. She become platinum recently. Thanks to her "stats" and that holy sword (she find that sword in a ruin at her first "problematic" quest) she jump from porcelain to platinum.....
francescoG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-11, 14:23   Link #2023
kukuru

People are assuming (again) there is free choice and basically entropy here... There is not. Remember the world is a glorified game board for the Gods.

People are directly or indirectly bred and led to expected placements and predicament directly or/and indirectly.

To put it in Matrix standards, you have a fullfilling and free life in the GS world, and you may even break out of it, but at the end of the day, you are still another cog in the machine that goes exactly what it's purpose was made to be.
kukuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-11, 14:45   Link #2024
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
This was a beautiful and peaceful scenery. Before the goblins footmarks showed up in the end. But there is no way Goblin Slayers lets the gobos take his last haven of feeling human.
Old 2018-12-15, 13:20   Link #2025
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Wait, no episode today?
I knew the animation did weird stuff like Goblin Slayer turning into CG randomly, but to think they would end up skipping a week. (Oh the anime industry these days...)

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-15, 13:22   Link #2026
RDNexus

You haven't been here these last few days, I guess?
News appeared on the official site about this week being a recap.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-15, 13:36   Link #2027
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Wait, no episode today?
I knew the animation did weird stuff like Goblin Slayer turning into CG randomly, but to think they would end up skipping a week. (Oh the anime industry these days...)
Overlord and ZombieLand Saga make much more use of CG, and there were no breaks, should be other reasons, Kakegurui took a break during the broadcast and nobody complained though.

Ps: The recap was announced last week and the news came out on several different sites.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-15, 16:25   Link #2028
Lukes YGO & WS on YT
Naracchi & Saracchi

Well at least we now know who won the drinking contest, I did have my money on the old geezer to begin with.

Looking at that girl who helped slay the demon lord, her hair style reminds me a lot of Yuuki from Sword Art Online.
Lukes YGO & WS on YT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-15, 16:38   Link #2029
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
You haven't been here these last few days, I guess?
News appeared on the official site about this week being a recap.
Last few days? Hmm, well, considering what was released in that time span... I wouldn't go to the official sites anyways though, outside of the initial look at the beginning of the season to see if I should try an anime.
Anyways, thanks for the info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
Overlord and ZombieLand Saga make much more use of CG, and there were no breaks, should be other reasons, Kakegurui took a break during the broadcast and nobody complained though.
Uh-huh, sure. Some people come to school with a cold, others don't, others may have worse colds, etc etc. Just saying that just because others did it doesn't make it a should, or at least give another theory.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-15, 17:06   Link #2030
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Uh-huh, sure. Some people come to school with a cold, others don't, others may have worse colds, etc etc. Just saying that just because others did it doesn't make it a should, or at least give another theory.
Sigh, none of us know the truth, I can not deny what you said, but mostly, you can not deny what I said. Unless you work with the production of that particular anime, then I will kneel before your knowledge.

It is normal for several animes to take a break 1 week during the broadcast, whether they have a great or mediocre production budget, but most people always only think of the worst without knowing the details.

Interestingly american series does not have that bias when they take breaks, it should just be cultural difference, though.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-15, 22:45   Link #2031
moridin84
Custom User Title

The recap episode... is just a recap episode. Not even any new dialogue when it switching to the next scene to tie them together.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-16, 22:56   Link #2032
Wheeljack83

Just seems like they weren't able to give this show as many resources as other White Fox projects.

Granted it didn't work out terribly, but you can still that corners had to be cut here. Just sounds like White Fox didn't have the ideal time of production time.

It's weird to me. Lesser shows and stories will seem to get better production values, budgets and animation. Like shows with amazing animation where I'm just not interested in the story at all, while the stories I really want and love tend to have the lower budgets.
Wheeljack83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-17, 02:55   Link #2033
RDNexus

It all comes down to how much money the members of a Production Committee are eager to spend on said production.
If they deem it a commercial chance of success, they may give more, otherwise it may end up being less.
And each Production Committee is supposedly different, unless certain companies have the same people representing them at a table.
Old 2018-12-17, 05:10   Link #2034
moridin84
Custom User Title

Well in the first place the Goblin Slayer anime is only covering 2 light novel volumes. They already added two breather/filler episodes, 5 and 10.
Old 2018-12-17, 08:11   Link #2035
Tenzen12

I would argue both brather episodes were important as much as action packed ones and it was right choice put them in.

Not that I think GS wouldn't profit from bigger budget.
Old 2018-12-17, 13:01   Link #2036
RDNexus

Neither breather episode was filler, they were simply fitted into specific points of the story to better pace it.
Old 2018-12-17, 13:49   Link #2037
Twi

Yeah, they were canon. Goblin Slayer usually has a cycle to ease up some of the tension. Like Ogre -> Free day -> Water Town, or Champion (First) -> Day off w/ Priestess -> Beholder and Rematch with Champion.
Old 2018-12-17, 21:05   Link #2038
Wheeljack83

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
Well in the first place the Goblin Slayer anime is only covering 2 light novel volumes. They already added two breather/filler episodes, 5 and 10.
Yeah but all those episodes were based on material from the light novels written by the author. It wasn't necessarily pure filler.
Wheeljack83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-17, 21:29   Link #2039
moridin84
Custom User Title

If they had more content to adapt they would not have made those episodes. Certainly not 10. Maybe 5 but that could have been turned into half episode.

It could be they added a recap episode because they didn't have enough episodes to adapt volume 3 but couldn't pad out volume 2 to another episode
Old 2018-12-18, 03:09   Link #2040
RDNexus

The upcoming episodes won't be adapting Vol03, but the remaining Vol01 content. They only adapted 2 volumes worth of content.

Tags
disturbing content, fantasy, tragedy