AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-08-19, 10:49   Link #61
christinemarie
Crazy One

I'll go with the Double K.O. with Gai on the verge of dying unless someone gets there and takes an immediate first aid treatment towards him. (The information shouldn't be delivered otherwise Madara will shift his attention to Naruto.)

How on earth Gai can open up to seven gates without penalty, several years ago he also open up to six gates. Compared to his student that opened the gates and ended up with broken bones (Tsunade came and fix everything up).
christinemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 13:02   Link #62
madv2c
Deafmute

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcanclaw View Post
Whoa... that's so weird. Milan quoted and responded to Cub's post... before Cub posted??

Iz liek genjutsuuuu
More like the wonders of editing.
madv2c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 13:44   Link #63
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Originally Posted by christinemarie View Post
I'll go with the Double K.O. with Gai on the verge of dying unless someone gets there and takes an immediate first aid treatment towards him. (The information shouldn't be delivered otherwise Madara will shift his attention to Naruto.)

How on earth Gai can open up to seven gates without penalty, several years ago he also open up to six gates. Compared to his student that opened the gates and ended up with broken bones (Tsunade came and fix everything up).
I don't think the wonder gate will leave Gai unharmed. Even the note on the final page mentioned something about Gai putting his life on the line.

As for the result of this battle...I really don't know. Looks like Naruto will be on his way soon, but in all honesty, I don't think he will be the one to take down Kisame. However, if I had to bet money, I'd say Kisame will manage to escape, because someone is going to prevent Gai from sacrificing himself by opening the eighth gate.

Think about it, how would Kisame's death serve the plot?
Old 2010-08-19, 13:59   Link #64
james0246

^Realistically, how did Kisame living serve the plot? Zetsu can already spy on anyone and everyone without being detected, so Kisame sneaking into a meeting or Naruto's training is essentially pointless considering there was already a perfectly good shinobi that could have done the job better than Kisame. Honestly, Kisame should have stayed dead, and Zetsu or one of his clum babies should have handled all espionage aspects of the series...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 14:04   Link #65
Ero-Senn1n

At the moment Kisame successfully sent his spy information scroll to Madara his survival chance has dropped from 99% to 1%
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 14:07   Link #66
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

The shark hasn't escaped yet, I think. He's still got a good chance to live.
Old 2010-08-19, 14:10   Link #67
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Anyone find it odd that Naruto couldn't even hurt Kisame and yet Gai with no gates made him bleed...

And tbh, Gai probably should die and Kisame escape. At least it will give Lee and Neji an actual purpose in the war instead of just random ninja Naruto knows.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 14:11   Link #68
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
The shark hasn't escaped yet, I think. He's still got a good chance to live.
The question is, do we want him to? Without his sword, Kisame's power has dropped exponentially to the point where even Gai can fight him on near equal footing. I wouldn't be surprised if, as others have speculated, Gai and Kisame knock each other out.
Old 2010-08-19, 14:36   Link #69
Suika-Esper
Sage Mode

Kisame really should've died with that decapitation, and the shark summon with the scroll just about sealed his fate. What I don't understand is why they didn't send any medical ninjas to the island! Suppose Gai does end up on the verge of dying. Then what are they going to do? Killer Bee will probably recover after some time, and Naruto's sprained ankle will probably keep him out of action until they head back to Konoha to give word about Kisame, but it still would've made more sense to send a medical ninja in case something did happen.

I don't know why anyone's making a big deal about Naruto either. He just got a huge burst of power and speed seconds before using it for the first time ever and his body wasn't ready for it. Plus we just saw him fighting the Kyuubi and his evil self for the past few chapters minus the Minato and Kushina flashback. Are people really expecting him to steal every fight opportunity? I thought people wanted to see more action from the side characters.
Suika-Esper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 14:46   Link #70
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu View Post
Anyone find it odd that Naruto couldn't even hurt Kisame and yet Gai with no gates made him bleed...
So that single punch Naruto gave Kisame that caused him to gush blood out of his mouth doesn't count as bleeding? In fact, I don't see Gai haven't dealt him any damage at all. It was just residual bleeding leftover from Naruto's single punch.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 15:10   Link #71
NoLongerSane

I have to agree with those that have posted that Kisame will die since he placed his information into that summon shark. But that does not mean that we will not see him later even if he were to die in the next few chapters. Remember that Madara has Kabuto in his team now, so that would probably mean that there is another member to be resurrected by his technique.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 16:31   Link #72
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^Realistically, how did Kisame living serve the plot? Zetsu can already spy on anyone and everyone without being detected, so Kisame sneaking into a meeting or Naruto's training is essentially pointless considering there was already a perfectly good shinobi that could have done the job better than Kisame. Honestly, Kisame should have stayed dead, and Zetsu or one of his clum babies should have handled all espionage aspects of the series...
If Kisame somehow manages to capture the Hachibi, which is also part of his mission along with getting info to Madara, then he served his purpose.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 16:45   Link #73
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
If Kisame somehow manages to capture the Hachibi, which is also part of his mission along with getting info to Madara, then he served his purpose.
If Kisame manages to survive his fight with Gai, fight off the other 3 high level Shinobi hanging around, then make sure Naruto's Retarded Mode is still activated, and then capture Kirabi, all after losing his sword which is the true source of his power, then that will be one of the biggest "Fuck You" moments Kishimoto has ever given us...
Old 2010-08-19, 17:57   Link #74
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
If Kisame manages to survive his fight with Gai, fight off the other 3 high level Shinobi hanging around, then make sure Naruto's Retarded Mode is still activated, and then capture Kirabi, all after losing his sword which is the true source of his power, then that will be one of the biggest "Fuck You" moments Kishimoto has ever given us...
Not really. Kirabi's already weakened if not knocked out, and Raidou had most of his chakra drained (not that he's much of a force to be reckoned with in the first place). Samehada's Kisame's bitch whether it likes him or not. Naruto's injury is slowing he and Yamato down. Finally Motoi said that if Kisame can make it pass the barrier, he'll be near impossible to track.

Basically, Kisame has to fight off Gai. Then it becomes a matter of going back for Kirabi while evading, confusing and distracting the handful of ninja that remain until he gets past the barrier. He's surrounded by his element, and has a huge island to run around in. He could pull it off.

Old 2010-08-19, 18:45   Link #75
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus_lee View Post
Next week: Guy goes 8 gates, which doesn't finish off Kisame, but also puts him on certain death. Then Naruto finally able to walk, goes and farts on Kisame for the win.
If Guy doesn't finish it in next chapter Naruto will make a return and do just that. The only thing we aren't sure is if he has to get close to Kisame or he can send his fart projectile from distance.... we shall see.
Old 2010-08-19, 20:49   Link #76
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Not really. Kirabi's already weakened if not knocked out, and Raidou had most of his chakra drained (not that he's much of a force to be reckoned with in the first place). Samehada's Kisame's bitch whether it likes him or not. Naruto's injury is slowing he and Yamato down. Finally Motoi said that if Kisame can make it pass the barrier, he'll be near impossible to track.
Samehade is hanging with Kirabi, so it could easily recharge Kirabi's chakra (much the same as the previous fight), hell the other random Konoha shinobi hanging around could also get a hit off the chakra battery. Additionally, Yamato is still raring to go as is Motoi, and Naruto will undoubtedly break free of Kishimoto's inane cock block plot device in the next chapter...

Quite honestly Kisame breaking free whilst in this situation would be worse (at least for me) than Karui beating down on Naruto or Sasuke managing to summon Manda whilst out of chakra...
Old 2010-08-19, 21:59   Link #77
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

im hoping that the formula "loss of akatsuki cloak = death of akatsuki member" still applies.
yeah i know he got rid of it a while back, but for plot purposes he had to successful infiltrate the meeting. now that the scroll has been introduced, a cloakless fight should equal death
Old 2010-08-19, 23:09   Link #78
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Samehade is hanging with Kirabi, so it could easily recharge Kirabi's chakra (much the same as the previous fight), hell the other random Konoha shinobi hanging around could also get a hit off the chakra battery.
I don't know about Samehada reviving everyone since Kisame already used its chakras to re-energize himself.

Gai, Raidou, Kirabi and Naruto aren't the sharpest tools in the shed. Then there's Yamato and Motoi, who aren't stupid, but not on the level of say, someone like Kakashi when it comes to intelligence. I can imagine Kisame giving these guys the runaround then escaping. He's Akatsuki afterall, he's no slouch. That's not the way it has to go down, but Kisame dying here seems kinda...empty.

He's really an interesting character. I'd like to see more of his history and his time as a Swordsman of the Mist.

Old 2010-08-19, 23:23   Link #79
james0246

^I'm not disagreeing with the prospect of Kisame escaping, that is entirely possible (he did escape from an entire village of ninja in the past), rather I am disagreeing with you assertion that he could still take Kirabi with him. That is what I find not only unlikely, but downright annoying (not you, but the prospect that Kisame, despite being completly outnumbered and outgunned, would still manage to steal Kirabi with little to no fight from Naruto).

Last edited by james0246; 2010-08-19 at 23:44.
Old 2010-08-19, 23:39   Link #80
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

I have a possible theory about Naruo's ankle. The reason he can't heal anymore fast is very simple. Minato's seal was made so that kyuubi's chakra is alvays leeking little in Naruto's own chakra does increasing it's amount also because of constant flow of kyuubi's chakra in his body he was able to heal very fast. Now when Naruto broke Minato's seal the leeking chakra system was destroyed so he cant heal fast as before. But this doesn't explain why he can't heal why using kyuubi mode, i would understand if he cant heal while being out of kyuubi mode but while using it he should still be able to heal fast (especially after this new chakra is full of life energy, (Chiyo even brought Gaara back to life with only using life force).

Tags
weekly chapter discussion