AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-12-21, 12:39   Link #101
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

God Eater and Monster Hunter barely share similarities like any other "hunting game" as in: you fight against monsters that are often twice/thrice your size and so forth.
That's about it. The pacing and the gameplay are completely different as MH relies on pattern learning and punish you really hard if you try to face off monsters head on.
GE is more about speed and dynamic approach, where rushes and all are usual.
That might sound a weird analogy, but they are as different as classic fighting games (SF etc) VS air dasher fighting games (Blazblue).

That said, you will notice much more "guns" on higher play because of bullet crafting abuse.
Old 2015-12-21, 13:49   Link #102
Sacredus

Yeah, bullet editor was so much fun on it's own
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Okay, so I'm hearing Monster Hunter clone? If so, how much of a clone is it? Weapons, armor, skills, general gameplay, etc? Worried since that trailer mostly shows guns and like, one sword.
That's PV is from first game. There were just swords there, but you could select 3 kinds of blades - and of course you also could craft new weapons from monster drops. In God Eater 2 they added hammers, spears some other staff (sorry, I just played demo for few minutes).
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-21, 14:09   Link #103
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Bamco trying to one up Sony- We can also poach talent from Konami and make peace with PC gamers!

The Year of Dreams isn't over yet
The Year of Kiseki*

Old 2015-12-23, 01:26   Link #104
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Okay, so I'm hearing Monster Hunter clone? If so, how much of a clone is it? Weapons, armor, skills, general gameplay, etc? Worried since that trailer mostly shows guns and like, one sword.
Having expended over 300 hours in MonHun and another 100+ in God Eater, they are indeed similar, but only up to a point.

- Monster Hunter is a hunting game, while God Eater is a slaughter game. In the former, you have to meticulously study your prey, weaken it, learn its eating and sleeping habits and then capture it. In the latter, you just have to kill and absorb it.

- As such, God Eater is significantly faster as a game; I've unlocked 100% of GE: Burst in 100 hours, but I got another good 60h left on Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, at 300h of solo play (G-rank 8 IIRC)...and that's just with gear I'm comfortable having.

- God Eater is a party game, even with A.I., so you have a team to coordinate and learn how to make the best use of your OP (think MP) in order to bring down your enemies faster. In addition, your weapons don't break and you never grow tired, unlike in MH.

- Skill-wise, both games are challenging, you have to grind a few missions in order to boost your gear and you'll be holding several different sets in order to be able to deal with every situation. MH is MUCH harder in this department, because some weapons require very rare drops from very long battles.

- Finally (and IMO more importantly than anything else), GE has an actual plot, whereas MH goes like this: you get on a mountain, a monster attacks and then you decide to purge the place. The end!

Final verdict: while they are slightly similar, the gaming experience of each game is entirely different. Both recommended, but if you have any love for yourself, don't play Monster hunter without a friend by your side.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-23, 05:51   Link #105
GotEffed2RageQuit
N.Kurogane x N.Vermillion

Is this game good without side materials?
Old 2015-12-23, 05:55   Link #106
Kafriel
Senior Guest

There is some extra mission material and survival mode available in DLC. It's not too big a deal if you just play the core game IMO.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-08, 06:20   Link #107
Sacredus

Steam page is up - no dual audio so it's "day of -85% promotion" for me.

It's strange this is getting released before Resurrection...
Old 2016-04-08, 07:01   Link #108
Raviel

Quick question, what exactly is the difference between this and God Eater: Resurrection?

Furthermore, what is the point of releasing Rage Burst on PC in the first place?

Doesn't Resurrection have everything up to and including the story of Rage Burst?

Sorry I just got a bit confused that another GE title was coming to PC, I was under the impression that Resurrection was the only GE title scheduled for a PC release.
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-08, 07:11   Link #109
GotEffed2RageQuit

AFAIK, Resurrection is updated GEB, with additional story between 1 & 2.

P.S.Is the story good enough without reading the LNs and manga?
Old 2016-04-08, 07:42   Link #110
Raviel

^I see, I know GE isn't really known for its story but would I need to play Resurrection to understand the events of Rage Burst?

Also, as far as mechanics and weapon variety go, what would be a better purchase? Resurrection or Rage Burst?
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-08, 09:31   Link #111
Sacredus

I actually liked story of GE Burst... Knowing first game seems to be not necessary - but you will meet first game main characters. I would buy Resurrection first, through - both of them should be released in summer.

As for mechanics and weapon variety, Resurrection seems to add some mechanics from Rage Burst, but not weapons so it will be:
Resurrection: short, long and buster blade + 3 type of guns and shield
Rage Burst: short, long and buster blade, hammer, spear and scythe + 3 type of guns and shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
Quick question, what exactly is the difference between this and God Eater: Resurrection?

Furthermore, what is the point of releasing Rage Burst on PC in the first place?

Doesn't Resurrection have everything up to and including the story of Rage Burst?

Sorry I just got a bit confused that another GE title was coming to PC, I was under the impression that Resurrection was the only GE title scheduled for a PC release.
1. This (GE2 Rage Burst) is second game with add on, while Resurrection is fist game second add on.

If I remember correctly:
God Eater (PSP, released only in Japan) > God Eater Burst (PSP, released worldwide - it's come with new add one) > God Eater Resurrection (Vita, PS4 and PC, released worldwide - second add one - NEW)
God Eater 2 (PSP, Japan only) and God Eater Rage Burst (Vita, PS4 and PC, released worldwide - NEW)

2. $$$
3. Just a GotEffed2RageQuit said, Resurrection take place between God Eater Burst and God Eater 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotEffed2RageQuit View Post
AFAIK, Resurrection is updated GEB, with additional story between 1 & 2.

P.S.Is the story good enough without reading the LNs and manga?
There's God Eater LN? Story of game is really ok and mangas are side story that take place between 1 & 2. IMO they're worth reading (also: Yuu x Alisa FTW! - Yuu is canon MC of God Eater 1).

Last edited by Sacredus; 2016-04-08 at 09:46.
Old 2016-04-08, 09:34   Link #112
GotEffed2RageQuit

Meh, not too much. GEB plot details don't matter much in GERB. Just take someone there as "s/he who got a power-up off-screen".

Ressurection, for the most part. It IS after Rage Burst anyway, go figure.
Old 2016-04-22, 09:58   Link #113
Sacredus

From: NeoGaf topic: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1210602

Release date:
GE Resurrection (for PS4 and Vita): 28/06/2016
GE 2 Rage Burst: 30/8/2016
Quote:
Players who purchase God Eater 2: Rage Burst will receive a free copy of God Eater Resurrection, with physical copies receiving a redeem code and digital copies coming pre-bundled. Both games will have English VA only, with the option of English, French, German, Spanish, Italian and Russian subtitles.
On release date: http://gematsu.com/2016/04/god-eater...f7Pwv2LcWCi.99
Quote:
In North America, God Eater: Resurrection will launch digitally for PlayStation 4 and PS Vita on June 28, and for PC via Steam on August 30. God Eater 2: Rage Burst will follow both physically and digitally for PlayStation 4, and digitally for PS Vita and PC via Steam on August 30. A PlayStation 4 Day One Edition of God Eater 2: Rage Burst will include a free download code for God Eater: Resurrection, as well as downloadable costumes based on characters from Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization, Tales of Zestiria, and Tokyo Ghoul.

In Europe, God Eater: Resurrection will launch alongside God Eater 2: Rage Burst on August 30. It will be included free with God Eater 2: Rage Burst, which will be available physically and digitally across PlayStation 4, PS Vita, and PC. Pre-orders include costumes based on characters from Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization, Tales of Zestiria, and Tokyo Ghoul
New PV
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
I'm really disappointed at lack of dual audio. English dub (as expected) is just horrible.

Last edited by Sacredus; 2016-04-22 at 10:52.
Old 2016-05-03, 13:55   Link #114
Sacredus

Game will not only will not have dual audio, it will be also censored*. So... no buy from me.

*I feel we can forget about beautiful Alisa underboob (and swimsuit from dlc) - especially after what happened to Tokyo Mirage...

Last edited by Sacredus; 2016-05-03 at 14:10.
Old 2016-05-04, 01:21   Link #115
Dragon_Slayer_X

Any idea what will be censored? A little censor won't bother me thoughunless it's full of light beams.

Btw what is with all this censoring in recent time? SMT series got by fine with Mara and Incubus..........
Dragon_Slayer_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-05, 05:11   Link #116
Sacredus

https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/st...60789995294720
Quote:
There's just a bit less blood in the US/EU versions for ESRB/PEGI ratings. No other content is being censored.
Problem is, this was never bloody game, I don't even remember any scene that might be toned down. Also CensoredGaming found that they removed Lindow smoking cigarette from opening. More here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Cen...85734442492727

Edit:
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by Sacredus; 2016-05-05 at 05:35.
Old 2016-05-06, 02:32   Link #117
WingsoftheDragonix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacredus View Post
Also CensoredGaming found that they removed Lindow smoking cigarette from opening.
This worries me.
I don't see any reasons for this.
WingsoftheDragonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-06, 05:26   Link #118
Dragon_Slayer_X

Thanks for the information Sacredus.

A little blood and smoke censoring wouldn't be that big of an issue. I guess we will find out once the game is released.
Dragon_Slayer_X is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
game, ps vita