AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-01-13, 10:34   Link #21
Elestia

This greatly exceeded my expectations, when I heard this novel was being adapted or into an anime by Studio DEEN. The comedy, voice acting, and overall execution of this episode really shone throughout the entire episode. It would be great if they can keep this up, but their track record.....

Gonna raise my expectations of this show.
Old 2016-01-13, 12:42   Link #22
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Oh my lord, some of the faces look terrible and it's freaking hilarious! I can't tell if some of them are on purpose or not haha. Surely that one frame with him in the road, that was on purpose right? For comedic value? Haha.

This anime was just a big 180 with the characters. It went from the Goddess being all mighty and snarky to the main character becoming the one taking charge and even making himself look better than the goddess...for a brief time

Honestly despite the, er, quality, it was actually a pretty entertaining first episode haha.
Old 2016-01-13, 12:49   Link #23
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
Hmm... something is not right... oh... yea...

it's the fact that THE FIRST ISEKAI SERIES since the beginning of the "isekai boom" to be animated happens to be a parody of the concept!

There are so many other series that should get animated first, but then they start off with this parody instead! Something is definitly wrong about that... well perhaps the fact that many of the references Kazuma made ("cheat skill", going to the adventurer's guild first, etc.) will not be picked up by most of the anime-only-audience.

Still... even with DEEN's failure rate (with all the budget of the whole series seemingly going into the crystal ball scene in this first EP), they actually at least managed NOT to ruin the great source material! So congrats for DEEN not to mess up from the very beginning. It may have to do with the fact that they fear to be labeled similarily to a "useless godess".
I get your point but... did you forget about Grimmgal? It aired yesterday.

Well, I think KonoSuba was announced first at least.
Old 2016-01-13, 13:30   Link #24
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 1:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-13, 13:52   Link #25
Hakuro
Banned

The first episode was decent in terms of how Deen adapted the story but the animation is terrible, some designs looks so bad that I can't avoid laugh at that.

I don't know if is just me but they changed how the goddess act from the very beginning - like a annoying pain in the ass - mixed with some rushing because they cut a lot of things. That being said I feel like is going to be just another forgettable adaptation but at least is funny enough to keep watching.
Hakuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-13, 14:03   Link #26
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

I don't have too much complains about the first episode.. I even praised the animation and the visual effect they put in here
Aqua is probably a little noisy.. but that's just how she is
And Kazuma's personality is perfectly pictured here
now bring out those two other members to complete this absurd party I really want them to catch up with manga soon because there are several super funny and interesting arcs awaits

I admire Kazuma a lot.. because... I'll totally pick the same option with him
People might get "creation power" or other things in other series... but hell yeah! let's just bring this arrogant goddess

anyway, they repeated the labor scene too much.. don't spend the airtime for something like that anymore
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-13, 15:07   Link #27
HandofFate

I liked the MC's laugh as the two were being floated off to the new world lol.
I seem to remember the MC being a bit more spunky, going as far to smack the goddess, but I guess too much for mainstream airing anime lol
Old 2016-01-13, 15:09   Link #28
jcdietz03

Quote:
it's the fact that THE FIRST ISEKAI SERIES since the beginning of the "isekai boom" to be animated happens to be a parody of the concept!
Is there a list of these works available somewhere?

Magical land trope seems to be featured prominently in the fantasy genre of anime & manga. The other one is urban fantasy. Note: These linked pages have lists of works on them.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MagicalLand
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/UrbanFantasy
jcdietz03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-13, 15:35   Link #29
Tenzen12

web novel thread has Narou section, there should more about Isekai works.
Old 2016-01-13, 16:23   Link #30
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Ok, this is by far the most hilarious first episode of the season for me . Just so darn fun especially in that early bit with Aqua and the MC meeting up. Her being over the top in describing his death and then him so perfectly turning the tables. Normally you might consider him taking this goddess as the one "object" he can bring with him would be mean, but her attitude allows it to be just pure hilarity.

And then the show actually pauses in the midst of Aqua freaking out . Just gold.
Old 2016-01-13, 16:33   Link #31
Heir of the Void

Well, probably one of the strongest starts of the season (With Schwarzesmarken being Something Completely Different and thus not really conflicting), considering the solid interplay of Serious Business and comedy. Not sure why MC-kun didn't become a Mage, considering intelligence was his only good stat; hopefully the perks have been improved since 4 so Luck isn't a god stat like it was in the Commonwealth.
Heir of the Void is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-13, 16:37   Link #32
Tenzen12

Well, even with intelligence above average (it's actually not that much) it's still not enough. His stats allows only one job: The Adventurer, which is weakest one.
Old 2016-01-13, 17:45   Link #33
Wandering Soul

It was a fun first episode. MC managed to get hid revenge on Aqua making fun of his death in a creative way.

The fact that they actually paused while Aqua was freaking out was gold.
Old 2016-01-13, 18:05   Link #34
n0m@n
C-Z

The only thing which came up to my mind when I watched episode 1 was "did it just copy Yu Yu Hakusho?" at the part where the MC thought he died by saving the girl.
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-13, 18:16   Link #35
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
The only thing which came up to my mind when I watched episode 1 was "did it just copy Yu Yu Hakusho?" at the part where the MC thought he died by saving the girl.
No, it was supposed to be a parody about recent Japanese webnovels where in many cases a person gets reincarnated or directly transported to another world after being run over by a truck (either directly or after having saved someone else from the truck). It has become so common that even here on AS people jokingly say "truck-san strikes again" and such phrases in the web/light-novel threads.
Old 2016-01-13, 18:34   Link #36
n0m@n
C-Z

I was actually talking about the exchange the MC and the Goddess had.
The MC thought he saved the girl. But even if he didnt, she would have been fine. So his action was pretty much pointless in terms of saving the girl. Then the Goddess laughs at him. Same thing happened in YYH. Yusuke thought he saved the boy, only to find out that the boy would have surivived scratchless from being hit by the car (And also gets laughed at by Botan for his action).
Old 2016-01-13, 19:07   Link #37
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Yeah, same thought here... even if it became a trope in web novels recently it's probably inspired by that, like, the setup is IDENTICAL. Truck, good-for-nothing MC dies, he wasn't even doing a good deed because the person he saved wasn't going to be hit to begin with, gets a second chance at life.

(though as far as looks go, Aqua made me think even more of Elsie from TWGOK)

By the way I'm curious about how people mentioned this as some "new genre"... I think I've seen a ton of very similar stuff through the years, from Ixion Saga DT to No Game No Life. True, each had its own twist in the origin story, but it's basically the usual shtick of some gamer guy getting transported into a fantasy world that resembles a game. In a sense it's an extension of the "trapped in an MMO" genre and all the things it blends into - from the outright execution of SAO to the slight variations of Log Horizon and Overlord.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-13, 19:49   Link #38
Wandering Soul

Quote:
No, it was supposed to be a parody about recent Japanese webnovels where in many cases a person gets reincarnated or directly transported to another world after being run over by a truck (either directly or after having saved someone else from the truck). It has become so common that even here on AS people jokingly say "truck-san strikes again" and such phrases in the web/light-novel threads.
To be fair it's easy to see where the YYH comparison comes from. There are just so many similarities in how the death scenes are done and what the MC thought they were doing.
Old 2016-01-13, 19:49   Link #39
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
I was actually talking about the exchange the MC and the Goddess had.
The MC thought he saved the girl. But even if he didnt, she would have been fine. So his action was pretty much pointless in terms of saving the girl. Then the Goddess laughs at him. Same thing happened in YYH. Yusuke thought he saved the boy, only to find out that the boy would have surivived scratchless from being hit by the car (And also gets laughed at by Botan for his action).
I meant the reason why he had the delusion that a truck is about to run the girl over in the first place. He probably thought he was "genre savy" but that obviously backfired.
He even showed the same reaction later on in the adventurers guild with being sure that he has some awesome latent talent, because that's what usually happens in most ISEKAI webnovels.
Old 2016-01-13, 20:21   Link #40
n0m@n
C-Z

Quote:
Quote:
I meant the reason why he had the delusion that a truck is about to run the girl over in the first place. He probably thought he was "genre savy" but that obviously backfired.
He even showed the same reaction later on in the adventurers guild with being sure that he has some awesome latent talent, because that's what usually happens in most ISEKAI webnovels.
I'm sorry but I really dont understand what you are trying to say because the thing you have been stating is irrevelanet to what I posted.

I was talking about a specific scene which has a strong comparasion to YYH which made me think was a total copy. Nothing more, nothing less.

Tags
adventure, comedy, fantasy world, parody