AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-06-25, 16:14   Link #81
kagetsu
3D Animator
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briareos
So two of those R1 volumes are only going to have 3 episodes on them since 4x7=28 and there are only 26 episodes in SAC season 1.

Unless you know Japanese, I'm going to assume you're just guessing that the script has been "changed up". There is no official script to note diviations from at this point (and I'm certainly not going to judge the dub against the fansubs).
Yeah 2 will have 3 eps. And I'm talking about stupid stuff like in ep 2 where tachikoma gets shot up and major tells it to wait there and it says "ok!" and in the dub they say "sure thing, since I can't move."

Stuff like that is retarded to add.
kagetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-19, 21:27   Link #82
eXistenZ
pls..crac...anime need

gits is a masterpeice. be it the series, the movies, and im sure the manga, i havent read that.

in the movie part of the gits universe, it all takes place in a future hong kong if i remember right. none of the movie is actually contained in the manga except the characters. ultimatly in the movies, both from what i can ascertain, is that they are both trying to find the knowledge that they are human.

the series part of the universe is future japan. same characters, deeper emotions, more time to fully explore each character. from the series we can gather that matoko, who is by far a human in the utmost sense, by the story that was episode 8 2nd gig she has lived at least 85% of her life as a cyborg since like the age of 10 to probably in about her 50's or mebbe even 60's. i cant remember if they mentioned any years.i have a feeling that the series might end with a movie to close the arc of the series from Sac to gig if not beyond.

the manga i have no clue.

now for optic-camoflage, i seen a popular science article about 4 years ago or so that said such technology was not to far.

we are mere years away from fully functioning cybernetic parts from wetware in the brain to full articulate hardware. i personally wish to become a cyborg. not sure how far tho, maybe just brain augmentation or i may go full bore cybernetic, coz i do sorta plan to live for at least a few hundred years.
eXistenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-19, 22:17   Link #83
MwyC

Send a message via AIM to MwyC Send a message via MSN to MwyC
its mostly the search for the defining element that makes something human
instead of humans trying to find their own humanity
since the line between machine and man is blurred quite considerably by ai, cyborgs, implants, etc
MwyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-21, 21:14   Link #84
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXistenZ
in the movie part of the gits universe, it all takes place in a future hong kong if i remember right. none of the movie is actually contained in the manga except the characters. ultimatly in the movies, both from what i can ascertain, is that they are both trying to find the knowledge that they are human.
Uhm, didn't it take place in a future Japan? The urban landscapes of Japan and Hong Kong may have similarities, but it never occurred to me that the movie took place in Hong Kong.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-21, 22:21   Link #85
Melazoma

Send a message via AIM to Melazoma
I've never seen a single episode of GitS:SAC, not on TV, not on fansubs, nor the raws, which are easily available to me. I've pre-ordered the first volume limited edition DVD from Bandai USA. I made the purchase purely through word of mouth, not to mention that the movie fell a bit short of my expectation. Now, is it really worth my money?

Also, where is the artbox!? I live for artboxes A series collection just isn't the same without a box to hold it all, and if it's well-made, all the better. One of the thing that stopped me from starting a collection of .Hack//SIGNS(sic) was that I couldn't find a series box anywhere. It's the same thing with Saikano, although I've wanted to see the show for some time. I figure this time with GitS:SAC, I'd make an exception on account of all the hype and comments heard here and elsewhere. Still, does anyone know if Bandai(or Manga, if that's what it takes) will release an artbox for this DVD series sometime in the future, perhaps as a special/limited edition?

Thanks much
Melazoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-22, 08:55   Link #86
Inuzuka
now with 20% more ego!

Send a message via MSN to Inuzuka
Stand Alone Complex[/spoilers may be detected^_^;]

This thread is dedicated to the best anime series of all time,Ghost In The Shell Stand Alone Complex.
The story revolves a elite unit,'Section 9',and how they,ultimately through a series of supposedly unconnected events(*Hint,hint*),discover a government conspiracy.
And now for the spoiler section.(*Which,sadly,would compose pretty much of the discussion *)
Spoiler for BIG SPOILERS:

A little tidbit for you guys,the seires happens before the movie.
EDIT:I'm wrong THE SPOILER TAG CONTAINS BIG BIG SPOILERS.

Last edited by Inuzuka; 2004-10-05 at 02:03.
Inuzuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-22, 12:57   Link #87
kujoe
from head to heel

Inuzuka, I'm so not sure what the previous spoilers in this thread contain--but you've just posted the central gist of the entire series within that spoiler tag! That's arguably the summary of the central story! The R1 dvd has just been released, and there may be some people who have only begun watching it now. I pity those who read that by accident. Seriously, that's really a major spoiler you posted back there.

To those people who haven't finished the first series yet, and who wish to stay unspoiled with regard to the central plot, don't read that spoiler!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inuzuka
A little tidbit for you guys,the seires happens before the movie.
Actually, the movie and the series are to be seen as alternate stories of the same universe. In that respect, there's the manga, the movie and the series. (--which is comprised of GITS: SAC and GITS: SAC 2nd Gig)

Personally, even though the manga is the basis of GITS, I consider the series as the most in depth of them all. It reflects upon society and its evolution, ideas of myth-making, truth and information--and the very nature of humanity caught in a world pervasively characterized by connectivity and isolation. (The so-called "stand alone complex" phenomenon..?) Even better, the series doesn't resort to mere 'telling', but it also shows what it's trying to say. What GITS is for me, is fully realized in the series.

2nd Gig is somewhat different. I haven't been really up to date with the second series but it tackles similar themes, albeit on a different level and on a different field.
Old 2004-08-23, 18:54   Link #88
Za Paper

Gits:sac Se Dvd

One big complaint I have with this release is why the hell did couldn't they put the DTS audio on the regular edition?!?

Another thing I noticed is that it has one of the worst dubs I've ever heard. Once you hear Aramaki's VA you will know what I mean.
Za Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-23, 19:56   Link #89
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Za Paper
One big complaint I have with this release is why the hell did couldn't they put the DTS audio on the regular edition?!?
Actually, there's a glitch in the Japanese DTS track. I've emailed Bandai about my product and hopefully they're doing something to resolve the problem. I suggest others who bought the limited edition to do the same--unless of course, they're already satisfied with the English audio.
Old 2004-08-27, 21:36   Link #90
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Yow! Episode 13 of 2nd Gig was amazing. It was like film noir on fast forward. The ending was black as hell and downright hilarious.
babbito2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-07, 15:36   Link #91
Briareos

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXistenZ
...none of the movie is actually contained in the manga except the characters...
Actually, almost all of the film is contained in the manga (it's the central thread of the story). However, most of the events play through differently in the film (to the same ends), and some of the on-screen scenes are remixes and combinations of those in the manga. Think of the film as a dark, moody poem about the manga.

As for optical camo like the ones featured in the film, we're a long way off. The "optical camo" that people are showing off now is just slight-of-hand camera and projection tricks.

If you're looking to get the original GITS manga (which IMO is great, but not as good as Appleseed), Dark Horse is going to be releasing a GITS 1 2nd edition paperback which will be carrying an 18+ rating and ship shrink wrapped. The only reason GITS 1 would get that treatment this time around is that they have reinstated two pages that were omitted (by Shirow himself) in the previous edition. The book may also be unmirrored, but I'll have to wait and see on that one.
Briareos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-07, 16:11   Link #92
tsurumaru
I refuse to die dammit!

OMG!

I've just seen the first UK Advertisement for GITS SAC in Edge computer and videogames magazine, its quite frankly SHITE, I cant believe this! Thanks once again Manga Entertainment for hiring an incompetant graphics designer, they even have small screen shots of pictures that aren't taken from the series but feature a Tachikoma which is basically outshone by its famous Lego cousin..........

Damn you Manga Koneko!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If the DVD box art is like that I shall cry..........
tsurumaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-07, 16:19   Link #93
tsurumaru
I refuse to die dammit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mb81
Well, i gotta question after seeing Gits Season 1 in Japanese. How did Kusanagi survive in episode 25 ? Somehow i didn`t understand it right. Thanks.
Spoilertastic!

Spoiler:
tsurumaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-07, 16:25   Link #94
TronDD
Team the box!

The preview pages they have on the website read left to right.

I also noticed an ad saying the GitS2 movie will hit theaters 9/17.
TronDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-14, 11:54   Link #95
Briareos

Quote:
Originally Posted by TronDD
The preview pages they have on the website read left to right.
Yeah, I just got this e-mail back from Dark Horse.

Quote:
On Aug 4, 2004, at 7:07 AM, Briareos wrote:

Dear Sir/Ma'am,

I've read the description of the upcoming Ghost in the Shell 1 2nd
edition, and the only thing I notice missing in the item description
is if the book is "mirrored" or not. Will this new edition be in the
original right-to-left format?

Sincerely,
Briareos
Quote:
Hi Briareos-

It'll be in the "Americanized" left to right format like the comics.

Hope this helps,
Michael
I wonder if Studio Proteus will stop "Americanizing" manga once Toren Smith leaves the industry? At least they don't change character names to fit an "American" audience.

On a side note regarding the GITS MMI graphic novel:
AnimeNation Link:
Quote:
Dark Horse Comics has announced the January 19, 2005 release of the English translated Ghost in the Shell 2: Man Machine Interface graphic. Unlike the individual monthly comic issues, the graphic novel will labeled for readers aged 18+ and will come shrinkwrapped. This suggests that the graphic novel version may include the graphic sex scenes found in the Japanese Ghost in the Shell 2 Solid Box edition which were not included in the Japanese mass market edition or American comic book release.
Interesting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TronDD
I also noticed an ad saying the GitS2 movie will hit theaters 9/17.
I hope the theatrical release is to a larger number of theatres than the first GITS film was.
Briareos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-14, 13:54   Link #96
jalana
Editorizor of Fansubs

http://www.gofishpictures.com/GITS2

Go there for a list of theaters that are playing the movie.
jalana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-14, 14:13   Link #97
TronDD
Team the box!

Ooo. I'll have to pick up MMI. I could never find the first issue of the mothly set so I never bought any of it

Looks like the movie isn't going to be in many theaters. I'll have to go deep into Boston to see it. I hate going into the city. Doesn't look like it'll be playing in this other theater that usually plays foreign stuff which is a lot easier to get to.
TronDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-18, 10:31   Link #98
SiL Eighty
Lateral G's

Send a message via AIM to SiL Eighty
Just watched GITS Innocence last night. Gotta say that movie kicked ass. The combination of 3d and 2d was F'ing great, and there were alot of scenes leaving you thinking "How the F did they make that?". Story wise, it was just like another episode of GITS-SAC. There's a mystery and the go solve the mystery blah blah blah.

If for nothing else you should atleast go see this movie just cuz its so damn pretty. Cant say enough about the super high quality work that production I.G. put out.
SiL Eighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-18, 18:10   Link #99
Murade
oh dear

I think it was a lot closer in style to the first GITS movie than SAC, it just has this art/cult-movie feel all over it.

About SAC, I wonder what's the reason that there doesn't seem to be much discussion going on about the series and episodes? At least I didn't find lot of posts here on Animesuki. Isn't it popular enough? On the other hand, it could be just that it's fanbase consists of different kind of anime viewers that don't have the urge to share their opinions and speculations about the series on the forums.
I think it's a bit shame, as there's some really thought-provoking moments in it, it would be nice to hear other people's interpretations about them too.

Last edited by Murade; 2004-09-19 at 03:10. Reason: blaeh wrong thread
Murade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-02, 00:45   Link #100
awelux

Question about the last episodes

Hi,
I couldn't make sense of the last scenes in Gits SAC 1st gig.

First the final scene where serano get's eliminated by someone I can't remember seeing in the entire series. It's usually considered bad style if someone new is introduced at the end so this left me a bit hanging. Who was this?
Maybe the real laughing man? Do I really have to derate Gits because of that? I'm a bit at a loss here...
awelux is offline   Reply With Quote