AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2012-05-20, 10:48   Link #201
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

The problem isn't the fact Archer could roam around: instead, it is the very fact he was -alive-.
Archer was critically hit by Gilgamesh GoB, which is lethal, no matter how you look at it. And Archer doesn't boats an almighty endurance, but still survived that, helped Shirou by tracing Rho Aias (which is quite mana intensive) AND assisted Rin in her rescue for Shinji. Surviving and having enough prana for all of these stunts? Quite doubtful.
Old 2012-05-20, 10:53   Link #202
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Archer was critically hit by Gilgamesh GoB, which is lethal, no matter how you look at it.
Not to mention he had just been stabbed in the chest by Shirou, and was already prepared for the fact that he was about to die. Add in the GoB spam and...
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 11:10   Link #203
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
1) As mentioned by Ringil, there is absolutely no mention that NLW didn't "overkill" Dark Berserker like Caliburn did, so it could potentially add the kill count into something between 12 kills (3 by Dark Excalibur) or 20 kills (11 by Dark Excalibur).

2) There is nothing that suggest Dark Sakura didn't replenish Dark Berserker live stock (confirmed to be refillable with Prana, and Sakura is much more potent than Illya in that regard)

3) We know by fact that Sakura deliberately didn't kill all servants so she can still have control over herself (otherwise she would turn into a grail as well), so it is fairly possible that she ordered Saber Alter to use a non full powered Excalibur to just incapacitate Berserker before consumming him.

And yeah, NLW is also some random stuff pulled like Caliburn.
Which means: there is hardly even enough grounds to have an exact equation, so it is basically better to leave God Hand into the realm of plot rigged portion, the same than Archer survival in UBW etc.
I call Occam's Razor on this one. You include more additional factors than necessary to the debate.

1.)Except the fact Shirou had to absolutely land the 9th attack on Dark Berserker that he only managed to do because of Illya's intervention. So we're pretty sure there's no "overkill" involved. And 20 kills? Where did you get that number?

2.)Except the mechanics of God Hand are pretty clear. A single lethal attack can kill Berserker only once. Calibum is an exception since it apparently has an unique concept that overrules the God Hand's. 9 attacks with Nine Lives = 9 kills. Dark Berserker had 9 lives. And it does make sense given at that stage Sakura still struggled for control. Zouken mentioned that simply maintaining Saber and Berserker puts a huge strain on Sakura. So she probably didn't have any extra energy to spare to regenerate Berserker's lives.

3.)See my post above. Sakura kept Saber and Berserker as a safety measure in case she have to fight Zouken. And maintaining them did put a considerably strain on her instead of lessening it.

Conclusion: Zero Berserker has no chance against Heracles. His Knight of Honor is useless and even Ardonight would only shave off a single life from God Hand's stock before it would develop immunity.

Extra: Shouldn't we put this debate into the Visual Novel thread? We're starting to get off-topic.
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 11:35   Link #204
TwilightsCall

Send a message via MSN to TwilightsCall
Quote:
2.)Except the mechanics of God Hand are pretty clear. A single lethal attack can kill Berserker only once. Calibum is an exception since it apparently has an unique concept that overrules the God Hand's. 9 attacks with Nine Lives = 9 kills. Dark Berserker had 9 lives. And it does make sense given at that stage Sakura still struggled for control. Zouken mentioned that simply maintaining Saber and Berserker puts a huge strain on Sakura. So she probably didn't have any extra energy to spare to regenerate Berserker's lives.
Where did you get this? I have never seen anything anywhere that made it sound like one attack could only take one life, in fact there's plenty of evidence that states that single attacks can take multiple lives.

-Caliburn obviously
-Illya mentions "I don't know if that weak excalibur could take off even two of his lives" implies that a stronger excalibur COULD
-If Nine Lives killed Dark Berserker 9 times, he would have had to die three times prior to that or else he would have survived it. And the only thing that happened to Berserker in all of Heaven's Feel prior to that that could feasibly be considered as killing him was Dark Saber using Excalibur on him.
TwilightsCall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 18:05   Link #205
Touko

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Pretty sure Archer didn't survive in UBW. He disappeared like any defeated Servant would, and the Grail appeared the same as it does when 5-6 Servants are defeated (with Saber, Assasin, and Gilgamesh remaining). And considering the sword spam he was attacking with, I doubt he had the mana for that as Servant Archer. Pretty sure he's supposed to be Counter Guardian Emiya by that point, who was sent because the Grail wouldn't have otherwise been stopped and the world would be in serious danger.
Incorrect.

Spoiler:
Touko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 18:29   Link #206
GDB

Source? Because it makes absolutely zero sense all things considered. It even says 2 days while maximally conserving mana and avoiding battle. However, he goes rogue on day 14. He battles Shirou on day 15. Shirou battles Gilgamesh on day 16. That's 1.5 to 2 days right there. Add in the intense battle against Shirou, culminating in a sword through the chest, and then taking a Gate of Babylon spam (twice), and you expect us to believe he was still able to retain maximal conservation? Toss in the Rho Aias he protected Shirou with on day 16, and his sword spam on the Grail, and you still want to debate it?
Old 2012-05-20, 18:30   Link #207
Touko

http://completematerial.pbworks.com/...32479544/Index

There is no debate, because the fact is there. You are incorrect.

Have a read through the truck loads of supplementary materials and Kinoko Nasu interviews.

Spoiler:

Here is the entire Archer profile.
Old 2012-05-20, 18:47   Link #208
GDB

I'm sorry, but the Complete Material and even Nasu interviews have continuously stated things that go completely against what was shown and stated in the game. Primary material always trumps supplemental material. I've provided evidence from the game that goes along with part of what the Complete Material says, which in turn debunks the rest of what it says.
Old 2012-05-20, 18:48   Link #209
Touko

Lol.

Don't be mad, it's ok to be wrong on the Internet.
Old 2012-05-20, 18:52   Link #210
GDB

Nice way to completely ignore an argument there. And who's mad? I merely pointed out that, by using facts from the source itself, I was able to display a contradiction in your supposed "word of god". Sorry if my logic trumps your cut and paste.
Old 2012-05-20, 19:07   Link #211
GDB

Again, you ignore the argument and hide behind an interview that goes contrary to the work itself. You say I should do more research, yet I presented my research that goes against your gospel, and you just close your eyes and pretend it doesn't exist.

There's plenty of reasons that Nasu could be mistaken in an interview. Maybe he wasn't expecting the question, and had to try and remember what he wrote. I'm not sure when the interview was conducted, but if it was years later, who's to say he remembers every little detail? Especially when he'd been working on other things by that time.

But if you want to pretend you're so smart because you can copy/paste from a supplemental book without thinking about whether it makes sense or not, go ahead. Remember your own words, "It's okay to be wrong on the Internet."
Old 2012-05-20, 19:09   Link #212
Thess

CM are published books TYPE-MOON does to make their multiverse more cohesive. Nasu had to clean up a couple of mistakes he did in FSN (iirc, Avenger was implied to be in the Throne of Heroes in Heaven's Feel, but then in Hollow Ataraxia... contradicted this? CM came up to explain why he isn't, etc).

Nasu wasn't looking at the big picture when he wrote the VN, now he has to retcon some stuff to make sense in his universe.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 19:23   Link #213
GDB

See, now that's logic that one can get behind. Not sure exactly what it would've contradicted to have left it as is, but I'm sure there's probably something from F/HA or something.

We need a 10th anniversary edition of the VN with fixes to plot holes and unwarranted hax.
Old 2012-05-20, 19:25   Link #214
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Wouldn't that be a George Lucas type move?

(Multiple canon levels...."fixing" problems)
Old 2012-05-20, 19:27   Link #215
Thess

Quote:
See, now that's logic that one can get behind. Not sure exactly what it would've contradicted to have left it as is, but I'm sure there's probably something from F/HA or something.

We need a 10th anniversary edition of the VN with fixes to plot holes and unwarranted hax.
Avenger:

Spoiler for cm narration:

@remake VN: We do. I'd love it.

Archer's profile tries to explain why he's not tracing Gae Bolg and using it. He can't (he can as a passive spear, I guess?). Affinity with close-ranged combat weapons, in particular swords.

That still doesn't explain how come a dude with sword origin can use Rho Aias. Ah well...

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 19:34   Link #216
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Avenger:
I meant the Archer stuff, not the Avenger stuff, but that's still good reference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Wouldn't that be a George Lucas type move?

(Multiple canon levels...."fixing" problems)
Except he fixed stuff that wasn't broken just to release another version.
Old 2012-05-20, 20:21   Link #217
Touko

Quote:

There is no logic in anything. Nasu makes the universe, you suspend your logic and disbelief, and take the ride. Try to learn as much as you can from the supplementary materials, because like 50% of the Nasuverse is painted through interviews and data books.
Old 2012-05-21, 03:26   Link #218
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

There is a difference in elaborating a universe with further material and retconning it.
Simply suspend your logic and disbelief is what allows bad authors in general to do silly moves with the narration and do jack with sequels and other things that go against the continuity of a given franchise (the likes of which made Mass Effect fans rage like no tomorrow).

Trusting the author is one thing, but that doesn't stop people to stay a little more critic and receptive to new material, instead of accepting everything without any afterthought.
Either way, we know that Nasu had to retcon things compared to the original VN, which leaves few questions to some "facts" being presented in some occasions.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2012-05-21 at 03:40.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 19:43   Link #219
zRyuu

Is there a translation for the Fate/Zero servants' status? These ones http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in..._Illustrations
zRyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 21:21   Link #220
Ichigo-Sora
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zRyuu View Post
Is there a translation for the Fate/Zero servants' status? These ones http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in..._Illustrations
They were translated in the PDF compilation of the light novels.
I uploaded the images here.