AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2013-05-24, 20:20   Link #181
Kurohane

Why bother listing characters as good and evil in the first place when the manga has proven the characters to be more complex than that. Look at Pain, we can't really consider him evil. Before we even knew his backstory, we knew he was doing things to achieve some stability to the world for periods of time. Of course, he got his hands dirty to do it, but to him it was for the betterment of the shinobi world.

Orochimaru could be the closest one to consider being absolute evil. He experimented on many people, killed thousands, manipulated hundreds, betrayed his village, and tried to destroy it. Out of all Naruto characters, he may be the most irredeemable person who existed. However, even he had his reasons. He lost his parents at a young age, but while finding the skin of a white snake offered him fortune of maybe seeing them again after they were reincarnated. That started all this researching and experimenting of ways to prolong his life. He lost sight of what all it was for becoming obsessed with jutsu. Many Naruto characters are complex like Pain and Orochimaru. I believe it's unfair to classify them as simply being good or evil.

Sasuke really is neither good or evil. He's helping out now because this battle affects everyone on the planet. He still hasn't shown any compassion towards his former comrades, not even apologizing for the trouble he's caused, not even to Naruto who's proven to go through anything for his friend. In fact, he even outright said their opinions mean nothing to him. Also, he says he's going to become Hokage, but how does he plan on that. He agreed with Shikamaru that as a missing-nin he can't do it through the usual process, because the Fire country officials and the Jounins won't accept him. How does he plan on becoming Hokage? Through force?

Last edited by Kurohane; 2013-05-25 at 20:53.
Kurohane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-24, 20:30   Link #182
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
Also, he says he's going to become Hokage, but how does he plan on that. He agreed with Shikamaru that as a missing-nin he can't do it through the usual process, because the Fire country officials and the Jounins won't accept him. How does he plan on becoming Hokage? Through force?
just a total stab in the dark, but maybe through sacrifice like how itachi lived and died. if he sacrifices himself to end the war with an alliance victory then naruto will be 7th hokage and he would probably make sasuke the honorary 6th hokage. then he would get to look at sasuke's face every day on the side of the mountain!

edit: for the record i do think he will try by force fighting naruto for the title and that will end the series

Last edited by itachi-san314; 2013-05-24 at 21:14.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-24, 20:55   Link #183
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
How does he plan on becoming Hokage? Through force?
That's the only way I could see him plausibly becoming Hokage. But even if that is the case, I'm sure we wont be seeing Sasuke vs Tsunade. In other words, if anyone was previously wondering how the final battle of the series could possibly end with Naruto and Sasuke, I think we have our answer. Sasuke's going to attempt to go straight through Naruto for the title of Hokage while Naruto attempts to smack some sense into him. That will be the final battle. The only question I'm left wondering is how and where Orochimaru will fit into all this. Because Obito, Madara, and the Jyuubi feel like they're backed into total checkmate right now. So its not a stretch to see the conclusion of this war coming soon. But will Orochimaru somehow return to pose a serious threat that needs to be dealt with before Naruto and Sasuke's final bout? Or will Orochimaru's conclusion in this series be far more brief and simple?

Last edited by sayde; 2013-05-24 at 22:07.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-24, 21:00   Link #184
forcerounds

Sasuke will have a very difficult time becoming Hokage. If his strategy is to slowly redeem himself to the village, we'll need a substantial time skip to move the story along more quickly. Naruto needs to become more mature and dependable for the Hokage's responsibilities as well. For starters, both need to become Chuunins and Jonins legitimately. Of course, everything depends on whether Tsunade and Kakashi are able to survive this arc.

If Sasuke finds out that he's getting ahead of himself, he may find an alternative of becoming the leader of the Hidden Sound Village. It has been vacant for a short amount of time since Orochimaru's death. He could start the Uchiha clan anew and dominant assuming there is order in this land of misfits and lack of jutsu research restrictions. Karin would gladly give birth to his children. It's a wonderful plan.

But Sasuke trying to become Hokage is much more entertaining.
forcerounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-24, 21:12   Link #185
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
i dont get the comments about kishi rushing things. this war has been going on FOREVER. think of how long just edo-madara has been around. then we had a couple very long flashbacks involving obito and madara and hashirama. i think people are confusing significant events occurring with a fast pace. it's true that this is the end though, so the frequency of significant events is bound to increase regardless of pacing
I hope we won't have other flashback chapters and the story just focuses on the final fight.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-24, 21:16   Link #186
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
But will Orochimaru someone how return to pose a serious threat that needs to be dealt with before Naruto and Sasuke's final bout? Or will Orochimaru's conclusion in this series be far more brief and simple?
i hope orochimaru stays around as an eternal villain so if there is a spinoff series, he will continue to be one of the villains. his whole theme is immortality after all. no matter what happens to him, i have never and will never buy that he is gone for good
Old 2013-05-24, 21:23   Link #187
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by forcerounds View Post
Sasuke will have a very difficult time becoming Hokage. If his strategy is to slowly redeem himself to the village, we'll need a substantial time skip to move the story along more quickly. Naruto needs to become more mature and dependable for the Hokage's responsibilities as well. For starters, both need to become Chuunins and Jonins legitimately. Of course, everything depends on whether Tsunade and Kakashi are able to survive this arc.
You think Sasuke's that patient? Sasuke is very impatient, since he went to Orochimaru to get stronger quickly. Once he found out where Danzou was, he took of straight to the Kage Summit and basically challenged the entire place after White Zetsu revealed he was there.
Old 2013-05-24, 22:17   Link #188
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
i hope orochimaru stays around as an eternal villain so if there is a spinoff series, he will continue to be one of the villains. his whole theme is immortality after all. no matter what happens to him, i have never and will never buy that he is gone for good
I could see that--giving him an inconclusive ending (for the sake of a potential spin-off/sequel) where he's vanished off to some secret location to continue his research for years to come. I'm personally at the point, where I don't necessarily need to see Orochimaru be defeated in any definitive manner since I kind of stopped caring about him staying dead in the first place. So that would be fine with me. Let this current war end and then lets move onto to Naruto vs Sasuke please Kishi.
Old 2013-05-24, 22:58   Link #189
MC117

This chapter was IMO stupid, wtf kishimoto?
Old 2013-05-25, 01:41   Link #190
bigdeal000
malefic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novecaudas View Post
I don't get it. Is he drunk when he writes this crap? Does he have several moronic plotlines scrawled on the floor, cut a chicken's head off and goes with the one closest to where the chicken dies? I mean we just went back about 600 chapters in a few pages. Kishi just activated the full retard gear.

For those of you complaining about the Sakura and Naruto "moment", if you can even call it that, it's perfectly understandable that Naruto goes back to "I love Sakura mode"; like most victims of domestic violence, he has difficulty freeing himself from the abusive partner and constantly makes up excuses for her behavior.

If Naruto actually listened to my advice, he'd ditch Sakura (violent bipolar girl) and Hinata (neurotic obssessive stalker girl) and shack up with Mei ( hot redhead girl). I think she's looking for a boytoy.
Funniest post around this thread IMO
But...who's Mei again??
bigdeal000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-25, 02:22   Link #191
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

Yah know what I just noticed? How aweful Kishi is at writing Sasuke, his so called favorite. What was the point in him going evil if it was going to turn out like this? Seems the entire plot was a waste and Naruto wasn't even the one to change him like the plot suggested.

I don't know why Kishi wanted to rush things, if he makes another series after this I'm not sure how many would want to get into it if he keeps this up.

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Gintokifan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-25, 02:46   Link #192
Eragon
Still Alive

Sasuke is Naruto's damsel-in-distress to save. All his actions after going rogue have been deliberately non-evil(is that a word?). He is all talk and no action. His character like Sakura has become irrelevant for me. What he does or does not do has been entirely dictated by whether or not he can be redeemed by Naruto after taking those actions into account.
Old 2013-05-25, 02:54   Link #193
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeal000 View Post
But...who's Mei again??
In case this is not sarcasm, Mei is the hottie Mizukage (who apparently needs a boyfriend ).
Old 2013-05-25, 04:07   Link #194
bigdeal000
malefic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
In case this is not sarcasm, Mei is the hottie Mizukage (who apparently needs a boyfriend ).
There really was no sarcasm in that, thanks for reminding me.
But I think MeiXBee would be better
bigdeal000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-25, 06:42   Link #195
yani kuro

Minato is faster than NIdaime and can even enter kyubi mode, but Kishimoto is crazy, Nidaime dies against someone with the power of the kyubi, Minato against the kyubi, Sandaime couldn't do shit against the kyubi, and now all of sudden, they can fight he juubi, a creature a million times stronger than the kyubi, I swear, I love this manga, It's the best thing that's ever happened to me, but sometimes, it just doesn't make sense.
yani kuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-25, 08:07   Link #196
Sasheks

*Meanwhile in the nearby sea...*
-Hey, did you hear that?
-Yeah...
-OH FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY!
...death
Old 2013-05-25, 08:22   Link #197
yani kuro

Quote:
Originally Posted by yani kuro View Post
Minato is faster than NIdaime and can even enter kyubi mode, but Kishimoto is crazy, Nidaime dies against someone with the power of the kyubi, Minato against the kyubi, Sandaime couldn't do shit against the kyubi, and now all of sudden, they can fight he juubi, a creature a million times stronger than the kyubi, I swear, I love this manga, It's the best thing that's ever happened to me, but sometimes, it just doesn't make sense.
Just why da f didn't they(nidaime, sandaime, yondaime) seal the kyubi and kinkaku squad when they fought against them? They(nidaime, yondaime) wouldn't have died if they did it. Y didn'tMinato use his kyubi mode against Kurama?
yani kuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-25, 09:48   Link #198
Monster0

Before jumping to conclusions give the Juubi a chance. All they did to Juubi so far is put him in a box and throw tinker toys on him.Next chapter if Juubi doesn't brush it all aside with a mighty hand then we can question his power compared to Zombie kages.
Monster0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-25, 11:21   Link #199
itachi-san314

^yea, i'm not sure why everyone is jumping the gun thinking the juubi is outmatched. he still has at least one more transformation to undergo
Old 2013-05-25, 11:31   Link #200
sayde

I think it just comes down to the fact that no matter what else the beast has in store, unless it involves something that can effectively disable the effects of edo-tensei, then the juubi still has to face some of the strongest Kage's who've ever existed--now with immortal bodies and virtually infinite chakra--on top of everyone else. I have to admit, I'm not sure how the Juubi will be able to put up much of a fight here.

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion