AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-06-19, 03:24   Link #121
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Is it really that bad? I agree that it's kinda 'out there' considering the theme for Danganronpa..
I think it's just people hating on the artist/vocalist because they debut with Nicodouga so they consider them amateurs and prime targets for trolling. That ... and the style that Suzumu uses is very vocaloid-ish, and Soraru's voice isn't exactly world-class. That's just the impression I get from the people hating on 'em. I personally don't really have a strong opinion for the song yet (still waiting for the ED animation that goes with it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for clarification:

TL;DR: School Mode should be awesome if they just add that one character, otherwise a Maizono would be fabulous choice too. I'd still argue she's the true heroine of the series; anyone who disagrees is not objective /hmph
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 08:32   Link #122
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Just got around reading DR0 translation, I have some questions
Spoiler:

Also didn't expect she can actually fight. It looks like the fight between her and Sakura back in DR1 wasn't an exaggeration.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 14:51   Link #123
Kunagisa

http://www.animate.tv/news/details.p...1371982627&p=2
Minor spoilers (premiere event reactions + info etc.)

Spoiler for one of these days we can type without spoiler tag in the game thread:

Honestly from this, I thought the pacing is pretty sweet except for Ogata's slip-up. I think they really want to hone in on the first case (staffs are fans of the first case maybe?); otherwise the first trial seems to be coming in a little bit late. All in all, I have no idea what happened with DeSu2 (I've never played the game and I enjoyed the anime plenty, except for the excessive BL tones later on), but :hyped: for Dangan now.

PS: I still think people should watch the anime as if they've never played the game. I love "Social Links" as well, but getting excessively hung over them seem to be a very poor way to set your expectation for the anime. Ogata said in the radio playing the game first is recommended, but you can still enjoy the anime without knowing anything about the game.
PPS: These MADs are cool, very heavy spoiler though for game 1.
Spoiler for Characters:

PPPS: I knew I forgot something. Hikasa (Kirigiri)'s going to be the guest at the next Dangan radio!! http://www.nicovideo.jp/mylist/37355169 Every Wednesday if interested, should be fun even if just for the anagram part.

Last edited by Kunagisa; 2013-06-23 at 15:03.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-25, 09:11   Link #124
Shadow5YA

Apparently there is a full translation patch for the game released just two days ago.

I won't say where, since I'm not sure posting download links of an unofficial translation is allowed here, but it's easy enough to find.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 13:06   Link #125
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Apparently there is a full translation patch for the game released just two days ago.

I won't say where, since I'm not sure posting download links of an unofficial translation is allowed here, but it's easy enough to find.
Trying it on an emulator and it's super buggy -- I'm stuck in a room right now because every time I try to open a drawer, it takes me to a different object. Looks like there are a lot of people running into the same problem, even using an emulator preconfigured for the game.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 14:00   Link #126
Dirty_Harry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Trying it on an emulator and it's super buggy -- I'm stuck in a room right now because every time I try to open a drawer, it takes me to a different object. Looks like there are a lot of people running into the same problem, even using an emulator preconfigured for the game.
I use the emulator successfully, and I'm in chapter 4. After many attempts I managed to configure everything right.
Dirty_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 14:51   Link #127
marvelB

Well, while it's great to finally see a TL patch done for the first game, I think I'll still wait for the one being done by Oren and co. over at SA. I remember playing the translated demo a while back and felt that the other team was trying too hard to make it different from the LP's translation (ie "Super Duper High-school One-Percenter" vs. "Super High-school Level Gang Leader", etc.). But then again, maybe I'm just being too biased or something. Well, I'll still wait a bit regardless.....

Also, I believe it's just about a week or so before the anime premieres!
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 17:30   Link #128
Shadow5YA

Just to make sure, but the characters are only voiced during the trial scenes, correct? Just making sure I patched this game correctly...
Old 2013-06-26, 20:31   Link #129
marvelB

^The trials are fully voiced, yes. Otherwise, the characters mostly make a bunch of random small quips throughout the game (with the exceptions being certain event scenes like everyone's intro lines during the prologue, etc.). The same deal applies for the sequel as well, BTW.
Old 2013-06-27, 21:14   Link #130
Shadow5YA

Is there any way to tell who likes what kind of presents as gifts during Free Time, other than by experimenting with loading saves and general intuition on some gifts?
Old 2013-06-28, 02:23   Link #131
Ichigo-Sora
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Is there any way to tell who likes what kind of presents as gifts during Free Time, other than by experimenting with loading saves and general intuition on some gifts?
The translation group made a chart. You can find it here. (:
Old 2013-06-28, 10:30   Link #132
ellifeedn
Thinker

Once the anime comes out, will this thread be used for spoiler talk?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 10:49   Link #133
Shadow5YA

Is there a point where the characters stop giving skills/SP/events during Free Time? I gave presents to Maizono and got nothing the third time.
Old 2013-06-28, 11:13   Link #134
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Is there a point where the characters stop giving skills/SP/events during Free Time? I gave presents to Maizono and got nothing the third time.
Three times. You have to interact with her once more.

If I remember correctly, that is how it goes--every characters' third event requires higher relationship points than "one best present". Two "good" presents will do, actually.

But seriously, I think that was the worst system of DR1--it's super frustrating to skip long ass main events, and do characters' event and rinse-repeat. I will clap hands at those who fullcomp the game. Got fixed in Super Dangan Ronpa 2 though!

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 12:29   Link #135
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
Three times. You have to interact with her once more.
Are you sure? Because I have her two "best" presents (In Vitro Rose, Affair Ring). For the third time, I gave her a "good" one (Antique Doll) and got nothing.
Old 2013-06-28, 12:59   Link #136
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Are you sure? Because I have her two "best" presents (In Vitro Rose, Affair Ring). For the third time, I gave her a "good" one (Antique Doll) and got nothing.
... I think I misremembered things www S-Sorry!

Somehow wrongly remembered that "all characters have 3 events in total" which is like wat, indeed. I blame my faulty memory for two years ago and the fact that SDR has fixed 6 events (well, 5 in reality) per characters, messed up my mind somehow.

It just clicked to me right now that Sayaka only have 2 events!

EDIT: Full number of Character Events per character here, rechecked with wiki, just to err, ask forgiveness?

2 events: Sayaka
3 events: Kuwata, Junko
4 events: Ishimaru, Oowata, Chihiro, Kirigiri
5 events: Togami, Yamada, Sakura
6 events: Hagakure, Asahina, Celes
8 events: Fukawa (3 of the events are... "special" to say in way. You'll understand later~ )

Last edited by Natsuki Hyuga; 2013-06-28 at 13:21.
Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 15:15   Link #137
marvelB

Yeah, thinking about it now, it really was an improvement to give the sequel's cast an equal amount of free time events. Maybe the Vita port will follow suit and give the first game's cast an equal amount of events, as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Once the anime comes out, will this thread be used for spoiler talk?

It's pretty much already served that purpose for the games themselves, so I don't see why the anime would be any different.
Old 2013-06-28, 19:16   Link #138
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I just finished the game. It is amazing. I had a great time playing it.

Re: That chart, it doesn't seem to have Genocider's preferences.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 21:48   Link #139
Ichigo-Sora
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I just finished the game. It is amazing. I had a great time playing it.

Re: That chart, it doesn't seem to have Genocider's preferences.
Found a version with Genocider's preferences ^^
Old 2013-06-29, 00:38   Link #140
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I didn't realize someone already translated the whole if novel.

Mukuro is really best girl ;_;

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote