AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Aquarion Logos - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 0 0%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 3 17.65%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 1 5.88%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 5.88%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 41.18%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 11.76%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 5.88%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 11.76%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2015-07-06, 23:57   Link #21
HighGuard

Wow. I was looking forward to this but now I can't enjoy this. Aquarion has always been cheesy but this skipped right over that and went straight to stupid. Dropped this already. the lack of music during the gatti was painful. Also that op animation
Old 2015-07-07, 05:57   Link #22
VTHokiePride

So a word monster instead of Shadow Angels? I'm lost
Old 2015-07-07, 07:43   Link #23
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineCorps View Post
Wow. I was looking forward to this but now I can't enjoy this. Aquarion has always been cheesy but this skipped right over that and went straight to stupid. Dropped this already. the lack of music during the gatti was painful. Also that op animation
Same here, also from the looks of it we have another Mikonos (makes me want to kick puppies and I love dogs), not going to stick around to see a repeat of the bs from EVOL that ED gives me bad vibes.

Might comeback to the thread after it's over to see if it goes a different (better) route and might start watching it if it does (not that I have any hope in it happening).
Old 2015-07-07, 11:46   Link #24
MagnaFisto

this episode make me wonder if i watch another anime

this aquarion had really weird concept
this should be called aquarion: play with KANJI
just hope that this series will be good
i wonder what LOGOS mean in this series
Old 2015-07-07, 12:04   Link #25
ReddyRedWolf

I think it is interesting to note Kokone saw what looks like Vega Earth in Akira's eye.

I think this is an alternate universe, one of seven mentioned in the Aquarion Evol OAV, possibly the future of Showa Earth. Obviously the Shadow Angels did not awaken in this timeline as it looks like regular 2015.

The book Sougen has is likely the Book of Genesis.
Old 2015-07-07, 13:05   Link #26
hai_san

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Connection View Post
The Saviour......
Weird thing is everytime the MC said this, i always connect it with the Gundam Saviour...
Old 2015-07-07, 16:23   Link #27
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Wow...this was something.

I'm not sure how to respond to this to be honest. The main character was just plain odd and I couldn't connect with this guy at all. I'm hoping he becomes something interesting. The super shy (presumably main girl) is basically super shy and quiet, though at least helpful towards the elderly. And yeah girl on the other side gets dragged into a force gattai which was...weird.

For some reason this just didn't grab me. I'm hoping it figures itself out in the next few episodes but who knows.
Old 2015-07-07, 16:26   Link #28
juve

MC going on about being a saviour is kinda like Sirius in season 1 and perhaps opposite of Amata who used to call himself useless. Will need to watch few more episodes to be clear. THe only reason I am little interested is to see the reincarnations and what will be the lame theme this season. Remember jump fate which resulted in not jumping fate
Old 2015-07-07, 16:53   Link #29
HighGuard

The op is an enjoyable song by itself, I just don't think it's aquarion and where the hell was the battle music? I felt like the entire battle lacked any sort music. If there was a song playing during the battle I didn't notice

Also the op has this moment.

Thinking back on the ep, This felt more like DAIMIDALER (I dropped that even quicker then this) then aquarion. Except this one took itself way to seriously.......

This show lacked everything that made aquarion, well aquarion
Old 2015-07-07, 20:51   Link #30
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
When the main MC shouted "Gattai", it was so incredibly drab, I'll admit a strong tinge of disappointment on my end =0(. Honestly, the characters, the enemies... the whole episode lacked emotion, and that's a CRITICAL factor that makes the Aquarion series enjoyable to a general extent. Not once did the show exhibit any type of emotional energy in anything it was doing. Now to be fair, I thought it was pretty cool how the stoic MC basically did what the hell he wanted and owned everyone that stood in his way; but that's not what Aquarion is about, and he's probably the worst representation of that image. Nonetheless, I'll keep up with it for now; maybe he's comedic gold when he's around people, you never know.

Old 2015-07-07, 21:35   Link #31
Aquaman OS

I think MC will mellow out in an ep or two and stop being this amazingly aloof guy.

I think they clearly don't want him to be another Amata (who was disliked heavily in Japan, which is bad for a show if the MC isn't one of the most popular characters) and they're overcompensating because their first priority is to make sure he'll top the popularity polls that will come out at about the first half of the show.

They don't want a repeat of Evol, where the main couple was disliked and all the side characters they didn't want to focus on and the two rival characters who they didn't want to win in the end were the ones the audience liked.
Old 2015-07-08, 13:31   Link #32
Side-streetdog

OK... WTF did I just watch!!

While I don't know wtf is going on. I must say I enjoy this show.
It's looking better than first episode of Evol.

And here I am.. In the weird part of anime again. No regret!!
Old 2015-07-08, 15:31   Link #33
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Hey, I don't know... everyone seems really critical, but I think liked it.

I like Akira, I'm happy he's competent, aloof, and has a strange personality, rather than being another Amata (ergh). I also like the white haired girl (Maya?) and whoever she was with. Already can't stand that tedious moeblob, though. Expect me to rage if she turns out to be the love interest That aside, this seems set to be a lot more palatable than Evol, which is good. Seems like Kawamori is holding on tight to that bong of his though, if that Kanji, er, situation is any indication. Oh, what am I getting myself into here...?

Totally could've done without the throwback to EVOL though, had to fast forward. Turns out I must've disliked it more than I remember.
Old 2015-07-09, 05:52   Link #34
KBTKaiser

It was supposed to be seperate shows anyways, Faerie. That was the Sousei Evol OVA that has its own thread that aired first, not an actual throwback. The separate raw files also indicate this. No idea why the sub group decided to splice them into an hour-long fusion though.
Old 2015-07-09, 06:03   Link #35
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBTKaiser View Post
It was supposed to be seperate shows anyways, Faerie. That was the Sousei Evol OVA that has its own thread that aired first, not an actual throwback. The separate raw files also indicate this. No idea why the sub group decided to splice them into an hour-long fusion though.
The simulcast stream on FUNimation's site has the OVA and Logos episode together. Maybe the Japanese debut was like this?
GANBARIMASU
Old 2015-07-09, 06:19   Link #36
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuma Kinomoto View Post
The simulcast stream on FUNimation's site has the OVA and Logos episode together. Maybe the Japanese debut was like this?
No, it was broadcast as two separate episodes.
Old 2015-07-09, 07:13   Link #37
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

They were broadcast one after the other, though. So perhaps convenience reasons?

Oh, and another dissenting opinion: I quite like the OP. It's kinda catchy.
Old 2015-07-09, 08:06   Link #38
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

So first episode was.... decent enough I guess. Well I don't hate it at least.

Akira remind me of Kamen Rider Kabuto's Tendou Souji a lot.... though I'm not a fan of Tendou so... Promotion images and art for merchandises heavily suggest that Akira and Maya is our end game, making me a bit sad (for her) we get Kokone-focused ED

For now, I'm still looking forward to future episode. Mostly for the Bunnyquarion
Old 2015-07-09, 13:52   Link #39
KBTKaiser

Akira feels like a Tendou, but he is more disconnected from reality compared to Tendou.

Honestly, I think Kikogami will end up in some sort of overseer role like what Sylvia did in Sousei.
The fact that she seems to literally invoke the power of the word world when she finally speaks clearly kinda telegraphs it. Also doesn't help that she is sweeping a shrine in miko clothes.
Old 2015-07-09, 14:28   Link #40
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Meh, watched it and remembered how avarage the other Aquarion shows were.
Closed Thread