3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.93%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-10-16, 19:10   Link #221
normp571

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmm.... View Post
I didn't say they resemble Medieval Europe because there is a king and a castle in it.

I said they resemble Medieval Europe because they lack infrastructure we have in modern society. They are mostly small agricultural communities with only 12(now 8) settlements large enough to be called city,"walled cities". They have to go hunting, gathering and farming for themselves. No electricity. No refrigerator. No supermarket. No school. Parents need to stay home to look after their children.

One of the disclosed information indicated that there is a city inside wall Sina called Factory town. Perhaps, the central is already industrialized and the society there may be different. That is remain to be seen.

Tag something "post-apocalyptic" without a single evident shown in the story yet is beyond shallow if you ask me.

Post-apocalyptic means something that happens after an "apocalypse." I'm pretty sure the complete annihilation of human civilization is considered "apocalyptic."
normp571 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-29, 00:15   Link #222
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

The Defeated. 57th Expedition Beyond the Walls - Part 6

The sad melody played at this episodes' ending moments gave a most depressing, gloomiest, and most tragic note closing this arc. It was unfair all that mountain of dead, and moreso when Levi and Erwin saw no choice but to throw away the corpses of the fallen in order to save what was left of the troops in the ride back home.

Two striking icons for this episode that became such tearjerkers on sight were:
1. Petra's lifeless body as she was dropped behind into Titan's grasp.

2. Levi's speechless expression at having no words to explain what became of Petra to her father.

I would say this expedition became the most devastating for the Survey Corps that ended up losing credibility in terms of efectiveness. The most critical error that Erwin and his faction made was assuming that all intelligent Titans possessed the same skills and weaknesses like Eren did; big mistake. From the Female, Colossal, and Armored, and not forgetting Eren, I learned that intelligent Titans are vast and different in personalities, skills, strategies, and intellect. Therefore, it is a suicidal approach to think what's effective against one intelligent Titan will work the same on another intelligent one.

Even when I got slight satisfaction witnessing Levi tearing the Female Titan's flesh and snatching Eren right from her mouth, that rescue did not ease my depression for all those brave souls dying meaninglessly deaths. And, even if I empathize with the people wanting to recover their comrades' corpses, I wouldn't dare venturing all by myself and alone in retrieving my friend's corpse due to fear and reality. Those two just made things go from worse to terrible stirring the Titans and jeopardizing the ride back home. Worst, their solo retrieving operation ended in more loses, and the need to dispose of the gathered corpses in order to save the remaining troops from the Titans.

Finally, what became even worse for a first time experience to Eren, Mikasa, and the new recruits was to bear the cold comeback at home from the citizens complaining that the Survey Corps yield no results but loses, expending their money. Those snide remarks were what Eren cannot allow, and if I were in the shoes of those citizens then I wouldn't think of criticizing the Survey Corps, because what goes around eventually comes back around. After all, they are the least successful faction, but at the same time the most proactive at taking action, followed by the Garrison when Titans invade the walls.
What about the Military Police? They do nothing and hardly have ever engaged in combat.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-05, 11:44   Link #223
gibbs710

Question Was levi going to kill her?

Hi everyone! This is my first post so be nice! I'm sorry if anything I discuss has been previously discussed.

So, I've watched the fight between levi and the FT probably 50 times lol. it's just so epic! So we all know that Levi did not want to kill the FT, he just wanted to save Eren because he believed Eren to be dead anyway. There are 2 points that I want to make that argue against the "just immobilize her and save Eren" theory.

-The first is that it looks as if he does indeed try to slice her nape and kill her. This happens after the buzz saw scene, after the eye stab, and right after his first vertical dive. Right after this, he does a very fast horizontal slash and it shows blood spray from the back of the FT's neck. Her hand is already covering her nape, and she immediately falls over. What does Levi hope to gain from slicing anything on the back of her head, other than killing her?

- Next point is, when was he going to stop? clearly he was able to save Eren upon hurting his ankle, so when did he plan on actually saving him? this was done under duress because he knew once he was injured he would stand no chance.

I think Levi wanted to keep Mikasa out of the way and his main objective was actually to kill her, but worst case scenario, he would just save Eren. Or was he just so angry at the FT that he just wanted to cut her up some more for the hell of it? lol.
Thanks everyone!
gibbs710 is offline   Reply With Quote