AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-01-22, 08:04   Link #41
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I agree it's a very good thing, even refreshing, that the story is letting Rin still love solo camping. Most shows would have her realize it's better to be with other people than being alone instead.
Old 2021-01-22, 10:12   Link #42
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
I'm very glad they didn't do that, too. Rin's solo camping reminds me of my own solo hiking, and I totally get what she said she likes about it.

Meanwhile, all those seagulls reminded me of my day-trip this past summer out to Anacapa Island, off the Southern California coast. It's a little chain of rocks poking up out of the ocean, but 90% of all the Western Gulls on the California coast were hatched there. Nadeshiko and Rin may have been enchanted with the gulls on the railroad tracks, but it kind of wears thin after a whole day on an island full of them. They're noisy and they smell.

Also meanwhile, for a moment I thought the girls from Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater might show up during the eel-preparation scene.
There's a lot of indicators (the soundtrack, aesthetics) in Yuru Camp that point at the merits of both solo and group activities. This never did strike me as a series that would promote one way over another, and the season's tagline "Fun but lonely, lonely but fun" further shows that both approaches have their merits, and what's more, enjoying the other is how one really appreciates their preferences, too.
Old 2021-01-25, 10:37   Link #43
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

I think I'll toot my own horn for a bit and share this location hunt post I wrote for the first three episodes of Yuru Camp's second season. I showcase a few places in Nanbu and Minobu, but the highlight are the places Rin (and later, Nadeshuko) visit in Shizuoka.
Old 2021-01-28, 17:12   Link #44
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I knew Nadeshiko was going to buy the hand warmer for her sister as soon as Aoi explained how it works. Speaking of Aoi, I'm amazed she went a whole episode without telling a single lie.
Old 2021-01-28, 22:01   Link #45
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Nadeshiko finely got her lantern and all most broke it before she got out of the store

Nadeshiko new skill is being a pole
Old 2021-01-29, 01:14   Link #46
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
You knew how it was going to end, but it was so darn sweet to see. A well deserved gift as well considering all that her sister has done. Even helping her find that job as a bonus .

Best scene might have been Nadeshiko quietly walking at the train station. Just let the scene speak for itself and her really thinking about the benefit of giving solo camping a try. Of course I'd expect much like Rin she'll still prefer camping with others and the pure fun of it. But nothing wrong with experiencing other styles.
Old 2021-01-29, 02:46   Link #47
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

It would have been heartbreaking if she hadn't been able to buy that lantern, or worse, if it'd broken. I'm glad it didn't happen.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-29, 08:18   Link #48
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
It would have been heartbreaking if she hadn't been able to buy that lantern, or worse, if it'd broken. I'm glad it didn't happen.
I liked how concerned the clerks were about her. I wonder just how often she visited the store.
Old 2021-01-29, 22:11   Link #49
grecefar

I laughed so hard with nadeshiko "ohoho" photo...
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-30, 05:23   Link #50
Marina2

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2021-02-04, 17:09   Link #51
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

An episode without Rin and Nadeshiko. Still managed to be pretty fun, even if it's not the same.

Rarely seen an onsen scene so devoid of fanservice.
Old 2021-02-04, 22:06   Link #52
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Ena & Aoi & Chiaki all going camping together and they keep making the same face together
Old 2021-02-05, 01:52   Link #53
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Hmmm... I sense a mascot celebrity death-match coming between Caribou-kun and Gunma-chan from Yama no Susume.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-05, 16:10   Link #54
grecefar

Is not that I dislike them but nothing beats nadeshiko and rin.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-07, 11:32   Link #55
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Latest episode had a lot of ":I" faces rofl.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-07, 13:25   Link #56
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I think it's great that a series takes the risk to make away with the main characters for an episode and give some space for the secondary characters to mingle between themselves. Often times an amine group social interactions is defined by their relationship with the main character and we never ever see some of the satellite members talk to each other even.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-11, 15:57   Link #57
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Yuru Camp takes an unexpected turn this week that acts as a relevant and important message for folks who camp and hike, which really speaks to the series' strengths about faithfully portraying all sides of an activity, both the fun and the difficult, good and bad.
Old 2021-02-11, 17:04   Link #58
Dop
Mmmm....

I do like the times when shows like this take the time to make a serious point. While any peril is only mild, they do get their points across. Diary of our days at the Breakwater mixed in a serious point about disposing of your fishing lines, and I'm fairly certain Yama no Susume also made some serious points about hiking (I think one was to do with adjusting to altitude walking up Mount Fuji?) now and again.

This stepped away from the cosiness for a moment to make a serious point, in this case proper preparation and how important it was that Rin knew where they were.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-11, 19:13   Link #59
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I really didn't expect their little winter camp to turn into a cautionary story about the critical importance of properly preparing yourself and asking for advice. Something Nadeshiko has the sense to do apparently, unlike them.

This really could have ended pretty badly.
Old 2021-02-11, 20:35   Link #60
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
This was a good learning experience and a solid warning about the dangers of winter camping. Of course...with it being -30 over here, I could only dream of their situation of being out in -2 weather . Not that I'd go camping in either, so different scenarios at play to be sure .

But this was a good lesson. This could have been really dangerous. They weren't prepared for the cold to drain their phone batteries, were slow to secure some wood to burn, and didn't realize how low the temperatures were going to get.

Full credit to Rin for realizing how risky that could have gotten and taking steps to help them. I'm sure when she didn't get a response from texts/phone calls that she got pretty worried. Was quick to get their teacher into this and back them up. Thankfully they did have fellow campers to help. So they got by just fine until their teacher made it.

One of the more serious episodes honestly in terms of risks and dangers. Nothing wrong with enjoying a really nice hobby. But, have to take care and make proper preparations. Some minor trouble can be fun and a good memory. Others are rather serious.

Tags
camping, slice-of-life