AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2020-10-27, 09:40   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 994 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

It's that time again! Unfortunately, AP seems to be down at the moment, but this spoiler info still comes courtesy of Redon, from a different site:

-Chapter title is something like "My other name is Yamato". Splash marks the end of the ministory, as Capone's ship escapes the marines.

-Kinemon uses his fox fire to cauterize Kiku's wound. Kaidou says that he's always admired samurai for their willingness to die, and views death as a completion of sorts for a man.... which is why he's so envious of Roger and Whitebeard's glorious deaths. He then morphs back into his human form to continue the battle....

-Inside the palace, the trio of Luffy, Sanji, and Jinbei continue to make their way to the roof, but encounter more headliners along the way. The new enemies are a giraffe and chicken-type SMILE users (whose appearances are naturally bizarre). The both of them are quickly taken out, though. Meanwhile, Queen's plague bullets infect both enemy and ally alike. Among the infected are one of the yakuza leaders, Oomasa, Chopper says there's not enough time for him to make an antidote for the virus right away, but believes that the all-star must be carrying one. Queen announces that the virus kills its host in ONE HOUR, and it just so happens that he's indeed carrying a vial of antidote.... the only one existence. He entrusts it to Apoo, whom he threatens to kill if he allows the cure to fall into enemy hands before the hour is up. Naturally, everyone in the room makes a scramble for the supernova.....

-Back to Yamato, she continues shielding Momo from Sasaki's forces, while briefly flashing back to the day of Oden's execution, which she attended. Back then, she actually went to Kuri to try and save Momo, but when she saw Kaidou dangling the boy from the top of the castle, she froze.... as she knew she lacked the power to help. Back in the present, after she takes down one of Sasaki's men, Momo asks her why she called herself Oden earlier. She responds that her "other" name is Yamato, and that she's willing to die for Momo's sake....!!!!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by marvelB; 2020-10-29 at 09:25.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-27, 18:10   Link #2
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler provider is a good artist.
Old 2020-10-28, 05:13   Link #3
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

If Apoo manages to get away, I wonder where Eustass Kid and Law goes?
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-29, 09:36   Link #4
marvelB

OP updated! Well, the Capone ministory's wrapped up... wonder who Oda will focus on next? And man, he must really be having a blast coming up with those crazy SMILE user designs, lol. A giraffe "centaur"? And a guy with his head sticking out of a chicken's butt? What wacky characters will he come up with next?

Also, still kinda hoping that Kaidou returning to human form means he's transitioning to his hybrid state....
Old 2020-10-29, 11:17   Link #5
necrolyte

How the hell Apoo managed to escape Kid when he had such a grudge against him and was so pumped up to beat the heck out of him and which makes things even more curious to me is that Kid was supposed to have bigger bounty than him and he was together with his best man iirc.

On another topic, why can't Luffy just use his "rocket" atack to go to the rooftop or use Sanji's flying, or his own, I guess this is just another plot convenience we see here if Oda don't provide us with good explanation.
necrolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-29, 11:47   Link #6
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by necrolyte View Post
On another topic, why can't Luffy just use his "rocket" atack to go to the rooftop or use Sanji's flying, or his own, I guess this is just another plot convenience we see here if Oda don't provide us with good explanation.
Well, let's not forget that Luffy tried to rocket up to the roof with Zoro just a few chapters ago only to get blocked by King and Queen. Likewise, King nearly ripped Sanji in half when he rescued Momo from the air (and this was despite him using the stealth suit), so it's probably wiser for Luffy and co. to take the scenic route to the roof. That way they'll be less likely to get caught by the all-stars, Tobi Roppou, and Big Mom, who serve as their biggest obstacles to the final showdown with Kaidou....
Old 2020-10-29, 12:29   Link #7
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

Yamato's an interesting character but her whole "I'm Oden" thing is stretching a bit thin now...

It's just like Oda to drag out a shtick/gag for too long...
Old 2020-10-30, 16:07   Link #8
necrolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Well, let's not forget that Luffy tried to rocket up to the roof with Zoro just a few chapters ago only to get blocked by King and Queen. Likewise, King nearly ripped Sanji in half when he rescued Momo from the air (and this was despite him using the stealth suit), so it's probably wiser for Luffy and co. to take the scenic route to the roof. That way they'll be less likely to get caught by the all-stars, Tobi Roppou, and Big Mom, who serve as their biggest obstacles to the final showdown with Kaidou....
If the reason is King or Queen, they can attack him even on the ground and even more, he would be even easier target there than flying at full speed in the air.
Old 2020-10-30, 16:14   Link #9
Hoodspirit

Quote:
Similar scene happening right now.

Robin could make Apoo trip within 2 seconds. Let's see how long it will take her.
Hoodspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-30, 17:55   Link #10
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
Yamato's an interesting character but her whole "I'm Oden" thing is stretching a bit thin now...

It's just like Oda to drag out a shtick/gag for too long...
Don't hold your breath on her giving it up anytime soon. Her character seems to take it really seriously. She might never relinquish it. It would have to be after the end of Momo's story arc here anyway.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-30, 19:41   Link #11
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So apparently the only members of Kaido's forces in the room Queen is in are Pleasures (did we already know?), so it makes sense Queen doesn't give a damn about sacrificing them. Not sure why he did that to Apoo though... I was under the impression he liked him based on their interactions.
Old 2020-11-02, 04:29   Link #12
Zolton

I hear there will be yet another break after 995, and it will last two weeks. We can forget about chapter 1000 in this year.
Edit: debunked, the chapters will be released in November like normal. There is still hope.

Last edited by Zolton; 2020-11-03 at 05:18.
Zolton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-03, 10:49   Link #13
Ramero

If it was not Oda's break, then it will be Shueisha's break.
Old 2020-11-03, 16:09   Link #14
Rainbowman

Seems like there’s more to Yamato than meets the eye in this chapter. 🤔
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-04, 22:08   Link #15
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 994
That chapter dragged on. Lets get to the point. Has for Zoro he better get a good fight like Queen and King vs. him. Alterntive would be the Monster trio( Jimbi, Luffy, and Zoro) Vs. Kaidou. Same with Jimbi he better get a good challenge.
grey_1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-05, 05:06   Link #16
Ramero

Jack is probably out of option so... Who's going to fight Zoro anyway? If Big Mom Pirates are coming to fight Straw Hats, probably Zoro's best match is Smoothie. Katakuri uses a spear-based weapon, so probably is a no.

Unless Zoro was deployed to hold off Big Mom considering she was a sword user so he can get a grasp of a Yonko level. If not, then we'll be out of options.
Old 2020-11-05, 05:38   Link #17
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

And i am going to be broken audio with replay words that you might sick already but i am going to replay this shit.

Oda ought had to introduced strong swordman character in this arc because this is wanokuni the land of samurai.

Where the heck is samurai Oda?

Oh yeah from nine scabbard and all of them are good guy oh there is that traitor but whose care?
Denjiro the person that i was put a hope to be worthy foe for Zoro turned out to be good guy
and Orochi? lol

let's be real here all of us want to see Zoro fight to full with his swordmanship against strong swordman like Ryuma not Zoro slay the mighty beast Kaidou nor Queen nor King nor Jack not even Big Mom.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-05, 12:15   Link #18
necrolyte

^I can agree to some extend with you, but I would say that fight against Kaido in his human form with his club would be good too. But let's be real, there is no freaking way anyone else than Luffy will defeat Kaido.
Old 2020-11-05, 17:38   Link #19
Ramero

Is it possible that Zoro may have to face Ninja Swordsman by any chances?
Old 2020-11-06, 05:09   Link #20
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
^I can agree to some extend with you, but I would say that fight against Kaido in his human form with his club would be good too. But let's be real, there is no freaking way anyone else than Luffy will defeat Kaido.
Kaido is Luffy boss fight. "Sigh" I really miss Zoro clashing blade like when against Kaku or Ryuma.

Years has passed since time skip arc began but we never got to seen Zoro fight at his full extend.

Wano is good arc but Oda wasted many potential for sake of Oden.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
Is it possible that Zoro may have to face Ninja Swordsman by any chances?
Of course if there is one decent.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote