5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 0.95%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.48%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.43%
Voters: 210. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-10-30, 06:14   Link #681
Ryuk

I did not expect him to blast the carrier apart with his gunsword thing, just blow up the bridge or kill everyone there. I don't think it would be unreasonable to hit it from that distance. If I'm a nitpicker, then so be it, someone has to nitpick too. I'd like more thought out and longer lasting battle scenarios, not these short skirmishes with quick dramatic closures due to unexpected events.
Ryuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-30, 06:15   Link #682
RAVNEN

Send a message via Yahoo to RAVNEN
Maybe Mr.Bushido was on high altitude,watching from above for Setsuna make his move.
Old 2008-10-30, 06:30   Link #683
Ryuk

When he's not snooping around overhearing things he's constantly out on Gundam patrol! Who knows where he was hiding.
Old 2008-10-30, 06:54   Link #684
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?

It's just natural to deploy your MA's out for back-up like what happend. (trilobite destroyed). But it's not the meisters fault for not noticing Graham and Soma out there. It was a high paced moment and their only target was the bridge. Just so happens that the A-LAWS had reinforcements hanging around in the air. And besides, those A-Heads can't do anything against the plotemy underwater. (even the gundams were like almost screwed). So their main target is the ship w/c has all those "chemical" weapons and etc...But still the way is was presented was pretty solid w/ no plotholes and etc. It's easy to come up w/ or on how was graham there and etc. It's not like he came from Mars and w/ lightspeed got to stop Setsuna from slicing the carrier down.
NoOneKnowS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-30, 08:03   Link #685
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOneKnowS View Post
It's just natural to deploy your MA's out for back-up like what happend. (trilobite destroyed). But it's not the meisters fault for not noticing Graham and Soma out there. It was a high paced moment and their only target was the bridge. Just so happens that the A-LAWS had reinforcements hanging around in the air.
Exactly, it's natural. Therefore, the CB should have anticipated it.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-30, 08:26   Link #686
Sander RX

It isnt like Graham would be sitting there and waiting for launch when he knew that Gundams were nearby.He was most likely waiting for them to resurface without having to waste time on "Mr.Bushido,Custom Ahead going ahead"
Sander RX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-30, 08:32   Link #687
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
Besides, I doubt 00'S GN Sword IIs are powerful enough to sink a ship. It's possible that the A-LAWS ship is equipped with GN Field too.

The whole point of Exia's(and now the 00's) swords was the fact that they were designed to neutalize GN fields. Why Setsuna couldn't of just slashed the bottom of the hull to pieces making it sink before surfacing is beyond me.

It takes the carrier, its crew and whatever weaponary it has out of the game plan making it much easier for them to mop up whatever A-LAWS MS that managed to launch, but i suppose Sumeragi is the only person in the oragnisation thats allowed to comprehend strategy and tactics.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-30, 08:37   Link #688
Ryuk

Yes why surface at all? Seems that the aheads cannot operate under water.
Old 2008-10-30, 08:40   Link #689
Sander RX

Quote:
Yes why surface at all? Seems that the aheads cannot operate under water.
Seeing TRILOBAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITOOOOO,I think GN-T drives ar fully capable of operating underwater.
Old 2008-10-30, 08:42   Link #690
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Isn't it why Al is there (/though he sucks now lol). He was the back-up(/although fails hard). Tierra and Lockon might be on the way up on that moment. Just so happens the Kataron barge in the commotion. Perfect moment for an escape since Plotemy had already been pretty much screwed by the trilobite MA.
NoOneKnowS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-30, 09:00   Link #691
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sander RX View Post
Seeing TRILOBAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITOOOOO,I think GN-T drives ar fully capable of operating underwater.
It doesn't matter if their GN drives can function underwater if their beam weaponary loses a great deal of its effectiveness. Lockon mentioned as much that his rifle lost a great deal of its power and range and i'm guessing beam sabre's(hello mr Bushido) take quite a hit as well.

Since 00 gundam relies on solid GN reinforced blades mostly, it has a great advantage in an underwater fight. Most likely total pwnage levels.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-30, 09:04   Link #692
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

Quote:
It isnt like Graham would be sitting there and waiting for launch when he knew that Gundams were nearby.He was most likely waiting for them to resurface without having to waste time on "Mr.Bushido,Custom Ahead going ahead"

Maybe the writers put Graham in the exact spot where he would need to be to see a Gundam come out of the ocean. In fact I bet the writers knew ahead of time that the gundams were going to come out of the ocean and graham would intercept Setsuna before he could destroy the ship.

I'm amazed.
Old 2008-10-30, 09:07   Link #693
Ryuk

So are you suggesting that we are over analyzing the situation? I never thought Graham would be in cahoots with the writers.
Old 2008-10-30, 09:12   Link #694
kakakka

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post
It doesn't matter if their GN drives can function underwater if their beam weaponary loses a great deal of its effectiveness. Lockon mentioned as much that his rifle lost a great deal of its power and range and i'm guessing beam sabre's(hello mr Bushido) take quite a hit as well.

Since 00 gundam relies on solid GN reinforced blades mostly, it has a great advantage in an underwater fight. Most likely total pwnage levels.
What he means is that there's Trilobyte, A GN-T MA, which is capable of fighting underwater.

Quote:
Sumeragi could have. But dismissed the possibility since the time between launching an MS to intercept a charging 00 would not suffice to stop 00 from slicing the bridge. But then, there's Bushido, who came up just in time just to prove that wrong.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-30, 09:19   Link #695
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post
The whole point of Exia's(and now the 00's) swords was the fact that they were designed to neutalize GN fields. Why Setsuna couldn't of just slashed the bottom of the hull to pieces making it sink before surfacing is beyond me.

It takes the carrier, its crew and whatever weaponary it has out of the game plan making it much easier for them to mop up whatever A-LAWS MS that managed to launch, but i suppose Sumeragi is the only person in the oragnisation thats allowed to comprehend strategy and tactics.
In order to sink the carrier underwater, Setsuna would have had to cause a great deal of damage to the hull, which would've taken him a lot of time and effort, and even then the carrier wouldn't sink immediately, it would’ve taken a long time for it to do that, which would have given the crew enough time to evacuate.
Had he managed to destroy the commanding bridge, the place where all orders are issued from, would have been gone, that would have lead to an advantage for CB, and it would only take him a single slash from the GN Sword II.
Old 2008-10-30, 09:26   Link #696
justavisitor

it's simple why Setsuna couldn't detect Graham

Graham turned off the engine until the very last moment...or his A-head has the same invisible ability like the one exia displays back in S1
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-30, 10:25   Link #697
Sander RX

Quote:
and i'm guessing beam sabre's(hello mr Bushido) take quite a hit as well.
That factor certainly didnt stop Setsuna from Sabre-raping Shuichai uderwater in Ep.08 of S1...
Old 2008-10-30, 10:33   Link #698
miles316

Smile sumeragi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
What he means is that there's Trilobite, A GN-T MA, which is capable of fighting underwater.

Sumeragi could have. But dismissed the possibility since the time between launching an MS to intercept a charging 00 would not suffice to stop 00 from slicing the bridge. But then, there's Bushido, who came up just in time just to prove that wrong.

I doubt any one would have been able to take in to account every variable in less than two Minutes it took Sumeragi to stumble to the bridge. Her first objective would be to remove the underwater threat than to obtain air superiority. Leaving the method of destroying the enemy to the pilots and given the OO limited beam weapons attacking the ship directly would be the only way to eliminate the threat. Bushido being a expert pilot had no problem stopping the OO attack. Kate probably suggested he launch as a back up plan if the plan failed.
miles316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-30, 10:38   Link #699
miles316

Smile beam saber

Quote:
That factor certainly didnt stop Setsuna from Sabre-raping Shuichai uderwater in Ep.08 of S1...
the beam sabers are close quarter weapons which means point blank range thay would not be limited by the fluid environment underwater like a beam weapon would.
miles316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-30, 12:13   Link #700
kakakka

Quote:
I doubt any one would have been able to take in to account every variable in less than two Minutes it took Sumeragi to stumble to the bridge. Her first objective would be to remove the underwater threat than to obtain air superiority. Leaving the method of destroying the enemy to the pilots and given the OO limited beam weapons attacking the ship directly would be the only way to eliminate the threat. Bushido being a expert pilot had no problem stopping the OO attack. Kate probably suggested he launch as a back up plan if the plan failed.
Well, she's a tactician, so I pointed at her. She could have devise the plan while the Gundams are hacking/slicing the Trilobite. But, yeah, could have been the Meister's own decision. But still, I still think that they could have dismissed the idea of intervention since there will be not enough time for the enemy to respond, from ordering those MS on standby -> Launch MS-> stop 00.
I doubt anyone ordered Bushido to launch (My thoughts on this is that they were on stand-by). I doubt Katie ordered him, since even she knows that its to late to order intervention during 00s charge.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote