Notices

Old 2011-06-22, 16:24   Link #7661
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloak_and_dagger View Post
LIES CHIBI.

There's plenty.
Haha I can't deny that there is plenty to appreciate but not in the terms of buying the tanks.
I learned my lesson with Air Gear and am now much, much more cautious about what I buy.
KNIM appealed enough to get me to buy tanks at the start but not now.

Last edited by Bonta Kun; 2011-06-22 at 18:05. Reason: missed out key words
Bonta Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-22, 16:38   Link #7662
Sakuyakun

Hey Bonta Kun, how about Seo tag teams with Oh Great? Wouldn't that be amazing?????
Sakuyakun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-22, 16:43   Link #7663
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

I actually rate Oh Great higher that Seo, but that'd be EPIC.....ly TERRIBLE.

Sure, the art'd be mind-blowingly amazing to the 9th power, but both are so terrible at story telling, especially Oh Great(Obama switching bodies with a teenage girl and groping him/herself to somehow help drive a plot? REALLY?), it'd be like romping for a week with your dream actress(es) then promptly getting castrated.
Old 2011-06-22, 22:28   Link #7664
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I hope that Kimi is released stateside so I could buy it. I love the series and I want to support Seo. I can't argue if someone doesn't think it's worth it since there are series that I wouldn't or won't buy, such as Bleach.

The only thing that angers me is people putting down Seo's writing. The only proof that he sucks is opinion; there is plenty of fact that he is an good writer, such as the successful series he has and is writing. Simply put, unless you're a professional author like him, save it.

Last edited by DragoZERO; 2011-06-23 at 10:51. Reason: Grammar correction.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-22, 22:37   Link #7665
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

"The only proof that he sucks is opinion"

And we're in a thread to express just that.
Old 2011-06-22, 22:49   Link #7666
Yuutsu

I read the latest chapter of A Town Where You Rage, and I raged.

Then I paused and thought a little bit. Then I unraged and started smiling.

Good. Asuka can move on to greener pastures. Go find a better man, girl!
Yuutsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-22, 23:22   Link #7667
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuyakun View Post
What do manga readers expect from an awful writer like Seo anyway? I'm probably more a bit pissed the way some people put emotional investment on his story! It's like he is worth following -_-
Seo isn't incapable of writing a decent story. KNIM used to be decent way back. Rinko Days has been excellent so far. Princess Lucia is also good for what it is.

We only see problems in his weekly "main" series when it runs for hundreds of chapters, like Cross Over, Suzuka, and this. His shorter series and oneshots don't incite that much rage, if any at all.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-22, 23:43   Link #7668
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Biggest problem with Seo? He generally starts off pretty good with the story, but generally around the middle to the end he completely wrecks it.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-23, 02:51   Link #7669
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
Man I'm so glad your opinion is the only one...

Oh ye, poor poor Asuka, he should just be together with her forever even though he doesn't love her. Good idea.

You are right, however, I don't like the fact that,is he's leaving her.
I would rather she was leaving him with a kick in the ass.
Old 2011-06-23, 03:51   Link #7670
Sakuyakun

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
unless you're a professional author like him, save it.
A poor mans argument lol.
HEY DUDE YOU ARE NOT A WRITER YOU CAN'T CRITICIZE HIM!

YEAH! you can't criticize his manga just because you people read manga for years now and can differentiate what's a crap or not!

DragoZERO the forever lover of seo, I'm sorry if I'm hurting your feelings
Old 2011-06-23, 04:04   Link #7671
Mentar
Banned

"Who's the bigger fool? The fool or the fool that follows him?" (Obi-Wan Kenobi)

I'll admit that Seo's male leads are awesome in frustrating readers, and I guess it's legit to vent this frustration every now and then. Still, it's impressive that after 100-something chapters people STILL have to insist how bad a writer he is after gobbling up chapter after chapter

Sorry Asuka - too little, too late. Not having progressed farther than you did (or rather, did not) after all this time shows that the foundation is too weak.

Haruto - generally you did the right thing to come clean. But did it have to be the silent treatment and the whack with the club without any kind of explanation or comfort like this? Maaan...
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-23, 04:08   Link #7672
Sakuyakun

If you are implying i'm still reading the manga. No, I'm pretty much observing the shifting of opinions on this thread as rainy days as it goes.
Old 2011-06-23, 04:56   Link #7673
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuyakun View Post
If you are implying i'm still reading the manga. No, I'm pretty much observing the shifting of opinions on this thread as rainy days as it goes.
Oh good, I almost thought you based your opinion on the series itself, not the comments around here ... phewww, close !

What a great way to approach fiction : What do others say about it, let's see hmm
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-23, 06:26   Link #7674
User68604
Disabled By Request

chpt 140

poor asuka

at least haruto did the right thing. i just pray to god, rather Seo, that he doesnt pull...a Seo and have haruto chase after her next chapter to "makeup" and restart another rollercoaster of nonsense

just let her go
User68604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-23, 06:40   Link #7675
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Well then.

I have been lurking on this thread since about it was on the 20's, but I think I more or less have lurked enough.

Now, I think its safe to say that we had all seen this coming right? Ever since the time skip, we had already suspected that Eba would come back, that he would break up with Asuka, that it was inevitable. Somehow, sometime along the way, they would end up splitting. The way a lot of us saw it relationship was doomed from the start because we knew that the way Eba went away, that she was coming back.

I wont lie, I was very frustrated because I liked Asuka. I felt that she didn't deserve the pain that was in store for her. It didn't help that she certainly did try to keep the relationship alive, tried to maintain faith in Haruto and convince herself to trust him, sometimes to the point where I honestly started thinking that she was deluding herself. Heck, ever time Haruto started thinking or talking about his relationship with Asuka, I always took it that he was trying to justify it to himself as well. That's the thing unfortunately, I don't think Haruto ever really loved Asuka, but was simply getting along with a girl who liked him, and decided to half ass it most of the time. I really do think that things didn't work mainly because Haruto was still attached to Eba, and that he didn't really place that much effort to make the relationship work (or try and not betray).

It didn't help that we had chapters where Asuka would forgive Haruto over the many betrayals he had done, or ones where he took her to Kazama's grave and swore not to let her go, or when he tried to get a job so they could go to a trip and have their ''first time'' in a nice place ... this was what made this chapter all the more annoying. The conclusion was already obvious, but the writer had wanted us continue to want to hang on to the hope that Haruto wouldn't betray her, that he would stand by his word. If the relationship was already flawed, if we already knew that Haruto would go with Eba in the end, that he was going to break up in this manner, we didn't need to see chapters where we have these chapters at all. It only makes Haruto look all the more bad, and other than amping the drama, it was very unnecessary.

So yeah, I have no more to say about this other than it was very badly done all around. This was a very bad way to ask your girlfriend of 2 years to break up with you, it was a very tasteless thing to not even offer an explanation to her, and it was very shameful that things had been dragged (by Haruto) to this point. I wont fault him on going with Eba, one cannot control their hearts, but what he's done to Asuka was, in my book, unforgivable.

What remains now is to see what the reaction of the rest of the group is going to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
I'll admit that Seo's male leads are awesome in frustrating readers, and I guess it's legit to vent this frustration every now and then.
Heh, I still remember what Kaoru Chujo had said about 4 years ago. ''emotional intelligence of a tomato'' indeed.
Quote:
Sorry Asuka - too little, too late. Not having progressed farther than you did (or rather, did not) after all this time shows that the foundation is too weak.
It's really a shame, but I sort of agree. Asuka was really the only one who had seriously fallen in love in this relationship. She tried to make Haruto fall in love with her, but couldn't do it. He might have said, swore, and attempted to love her, but his heart was never with her. I suppose that she should've broke up with him earlier, when she came to that realization, rather than stay with him, but I suspect that she was in love so she might've thought she could make him return those feelings.

Of course, had Haruto just ended it earlier this wouldn't have happened :/
Quote:
Haruto - generally you did the right thing to come clean. But did it have to be the silent treatment and the whack with the club without any kind of explanation or comfort like this? Maaan...
I have to really think hard to think of what he did right throughout this entire fiasco. Every single thing he's done made me shake my head and just grow more and more disgusted by what he's doing.
Old 2011-06-23, 06:50   Link #7676
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

Asuka should just break up with Haruto, she deserves better. She trusted him and he rewarded her with a lie.
KyriaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-23, 07:13   Link #7677
Dorsai

Quote:
The only proof that he sucks is opinion"

And we're in a thread to express just that.
Yea, but who cares about amateur opinions who even not buying it, just get it for free?;p

Mentar you know what is really awesome? Fact that Haruto not change in this series... He was like this in the begining too... But in that time noone complain about him- people even praise him "Wow its rare to see main hero who isnt nerd chicken or indecisive idiot!!"... We can even come back 200,300 pages to see posts from this time ;p Its really funny for me ;p

Quote:
Still, it's impressive that after 100-something chapters people STILL have to insist how bad a writer he is after gobbling up chapter after chapter
I write about it earlier, you mean its impressive that Seo can do that? Maybe, but for me its more pathetic that some people cant be sincere with yourself... At least Chibi can be ;p

Last edited by Dorsai; 2011-06-23 at 07:27.
Dorsai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-23, 07:30   Link #7678
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorsai View Post
But in that time noone complain about him- people even praise him "Wow its rare to see main hero who isnt nerd chicken or indecisive idiot!!"
Aside from the people who did complain early on in the thread, you are correct.

Old 2011-06-23, 07:34   Link #7679
Dorsai

It always will be somebody who complain ;p Even if you talk about masterpiece it always will be 5% people who will said its sh1t... Its just human nature ;p

PS If sb like webcomics i recommend Melo holic to him ;p Im reading it now and it started to be really good... Manga romances are to schematic now, its good to try something fresh... And webcomics are future of manga/manhwa...

Last edited by Dorsai; 2011-06-23 at 07:51.
Dorsai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-23, 08:21   Link #7680
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorsai View Post
Yea, but who cares about amateur opinions who even not buying it, just get it for free?;p
You never know who is or isn't buying tanks or amateurs ;p.

This is the internet after all

Tags
a town where you rage, adult romance, drama, ecchi, logic doesn't apply, manga, nice christmas gift seo, power ups, romance, seo kouji, shounen, slice of life