AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-08, 19:59   Link #161
War_Lord
Modern Philosopher

Yeah, I notice a trend to make excuses for the female characters no matter how fucked up their behavior is. And a male character can be deemed the most dispicable person just by doing a minor offense. I guess we were brought up to think like that. Even I do it from time to time despite my efforts not to be bias. I feel so strongly against these thoughts because it's a step back from seeing each other as equals.
Old 2008-03-14, 18:56   Link #162
UzumakiW
J-rocker

Send a message via AIM to UzumakiW Send a message via Yahoo to UzumakiW
That is true in many cases for people, however for me, I wouldn't think any less of it if it was the female character.

I've been noticing a big pattern in thoughts from this show, and though not everyone does this, I've seen a nice majority do this. Many people are questioning why people, like me, enjoyed his death and then try to inject morality into this situation. Now, yes, if this was real, then in no way does he deserve death for this. There are many far more worse offenses than cheating, and death should definetely not be a punishment for this. However, we're not watching the news, we're watching an anime, a totally made up anime. Most people would be lying if they said they had never wished someone was dead, even though they never deserved it and even if we didn't really mean it, most people have said or thought this. I have a few times. Now, that's real life, back to the anime. Watching something like this, may or may not make some people who feel better watching this to think about those who wronged them, even if they really didn't want them dead. Watching this made me think about the three girls who cheated on me, and how I felt toward them after I found out. Though I still feel hatred toward them, it made me feel better watching this knowing that my situation didn't turn out this way and I didn't end up killing them like this. And so, if the killing never happened, I don't think it would have made much of a positive effect it did because it did happen. That, but mostly for the fact that the show was just pure entertainment. I don't think many people here can honestly say that they've never seen a movie where they had wished death upon a certain character, even if he/she didn't truely deserve it. Without this scene, the show would have just been like everyother teenage drama junk that I personally can't stand, but the ending definetely gave it some entertainment, which got a good amount of people to enjoy the anime. There's not really much need to inject morality into an obviously made-up anime. Anyway, that's why I enjoyed his death.
Old 2008-03-18, 02:50   Link #163
Qu!ck
ZZOOOOMMMMBBBBIIIIEEEEESS

Send a message via AIM to Qu!ck
It is controversial towards who's point of view you look at it from.

From Makoto's shoes, given that he has the hormones of a high school male, instincts to get as much "action" and love as possible, especially if it is handed to him on a silver platter. Most high school teenagers would take a similar course of action.

From Katsura's shoes, you see someone who is madly in love, and in denial of a false misreturn of the favor. She is willing to do anything to be with Makoto, and feels that it is all Sekai's fault that Makoto sleeps around.

From my shoes, Sekai is the most wrongful out of the three. She initiated the norm for Makoto to sleep around, intrigued him into cheating on Katsura, and offered false hope of a peaceful outcome, not to mention the childbearing lie to keep Makoto. When Makoto was finally able to begin cleaning up his act, and appearently choosing Katsura, Sekai, who had origionally gotten the two of them together becomes jealous, and "wtfbbq pwned" Makoto.

None of them deserved death. However, Sekai deserved to be pregnant, and Makoto, as said earlier, deserves some hospital time.
Old 2008-03-20, 00:40   Link #164
AnnexC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinRivers View Post
Wow.....i watched School Days just out of curiousity...only like the first couple of episodes though, because i soon discovered that it wasnt my kind of anime. (for more than one reason)

Then i see this board up randomly...i go to it...and am suddenly VERY glad i stopped watching it. I went on youtube to see the final ending to see what everyone was talking about...

WTF......those were some fscked up kids...
I just finished School Days (also out of curiosity due a forum comment) while waiting for Kimikiss' next ep and OMG, I am so glad for that over-sensitive, insecure Kouichi School Days is an experience I would not repeat again - the ending left me feeling sick.

Also, wrt to the debate on Makoto - one thing I noticed is the incongruity of ep1 with the rest of the episodes. Makoto comes across as a pretty decent guy then; i know that his hormones are a different story once he gets close to a girl, but in the later episodes he seems like a different person altogether - a really self-centred twat. Ah well...
Old 2008-03-20, 11:40   Link #165
Qu!ck

I watched episode 12 on my ipod at about 12 at night, after watching 8-11 right consecutivley. Watching episode 12 gave me some wierd pain and I couldn't think about anything else for the next day.
Old 2008-03-20, 19:05   Link #166
ColdSun

Wow. This is my first post here. After reading this, I realize you people are BRUTAL. The highscool kid deserves to die for cheating on several girls?

Did you guys watch the same thing as me?

1. Sekai made conscious decisions and horrible mistakes of her own. I'm not justifying Makoto's actions - quite the opposite - what he did was dispicable. On the other hand, Sekai manipulated many situations in order to get Makoto. She even lied about being pregnant.

2. After like 9 episodes, I believe they wanted us to hate Makoto so much that we all wanted to see the worst happen to him. Still, many of these things would not have happened if Sekai had not started the ball rolling to begin with. Although her reasons were understandable, she wanted Makoto to love her, what she did to get that to happen was almost as bad as the fact that Makoto cheated on her so many times.

3. Any red-blooded non-gay male (and I have no problem with gay) at his age with so many beautiful women being thrown at him would likely make the same or similar mistakes. He is no more than a little boy in a young man's body. Yes, I think most people would realize that this stuff is wrong...

I am not condoning his actions. I hated them. This anime is brutal. How they bullied and mistreated Konoha was so sad, but these things really happen in life. Teenager girls get pregnant. Boys make stupid mistakes and think only of themselves. This does not mean that someone should die over it. If we killed everyone who has ever made mistakes like these we wouldn't have much of a population left.

Sekai shouldn't have died. Makoto shouldn't have died. It was a brutal ending to a story about lieing and cheating. The bottom line is that killing anyone over something like this is plain wrong and is murder. The world is a tough place - we don't always get what we want and we make mistakes. Sometimes you just have to live with what you have done and move on to improve. In the case of Sekai, you reap what you sow. IMHO.
Old 2008-03-20, 23:53   Link #167
UzumakiW
J-rocker

Send a message via AIM to UzumakiW Send a message via Yahoo to UzumakiW
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdSun View Post
Wow. This is my first post here. After reading this, I realize you people are BRUTAL. The highscool kid deserves to die for cheating on several girls?

Did you guys watch the same thing as me?
Third time I've said this; it's an anime, not the news. It's a made up anime purely for entertainment. In real life, no, a person like this shouldn't die, but it's an anime. It's entertainment. I mean, I'm sure you've heard of horror movies. It's pretty much impossible to enjoy a horror movie if you get like this everytime someone gets killed. Most people killed in horror movies don't deserve to die, but if you question why someone enjoyed the movie when many innocent people got killed, they will say the same thing I'm saying; its just for entertainment, it's not real. I mean, I enjoy horror movies, even when people are killed because that's what a horror movie is, and that's what this anime is. If it were real life, then no, he shouldn't be killed, but since it's an anime, why kill the fun in it by acting like it's a work of non-fiction. If you don't think he should have died, then that's fine, but if you really think, then you would probably understand why people thought he deserved to die without asking why; he was an ass, he was stupid, and it was an anime, which means people who thought he deserved death don't have a guilty conscience since it wasn't real. Without it, the anime would have been bland and boring, and I know for a fact that there were a good amount of people pulled into this anime just for the shock value that the ending brought. Just think about it
Old 2008-03-21, 13:44   Link #168
Qu!ck

Cold sun, did you ignore my post at the top of the page? Here it is again, obviously more lurking needs to be done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qu!ck
It is controversial towards who's point of view you look at it from.

From Makoto's shoes, given that he has the hormones of a high school male, instincts to get as much "action" and love as possible, especially if it is handed to him on a silver platter. Most high school teenagers would take a similar course of action.

From Katsura's shoes, you see someone who is madly in love, and in denial of a false misreturn of the favor. She is willing to do anything to be with Makoto, and feels that it is all Sekai's fault that Makoto sleeps around.

From my shoes, Sekai is the most wrongful out of the three. She initiated the norm for Makoto to sleep around, intrigued him into cheating on Katsura, and offered false hope of a peaceful outcome, not to mention the childbearing lie to keep Makoto. When Makoto was finally able to begin cleaning up his act, and appearently choosing Katsura, Sekai, who had origionally gotten the two of them together becomes jealous, and "wtfbbq pwned" Makoto.

None of them deserved death. However, Sekai deserved to be pregnant, and Makoto, as said earlier, deserves some hospital time.
Old 2008-04-16, 07:41   Link #169
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Does Makoto deserve to die?
Yes!
He hurt so many people. especially Kotonoha..
I think he deserved what he got, not saying mean people should be killed in reality.

Old 2008-04-16, 20:15   Link #170
Qu!ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miko Miko View Post
Yes!
He hurt so many people. especially Kotonoha..
I think he deserved what he got, not saying mean people should be killed in reality.
Did you read what I posted? He clearly has the hormones of a teenage boy. Death was not deserved.
Old 2008-04-18, 06:44   Link #171
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qu!ck View Post
Did you read what I posted? He clearly has the hormones of a teenage boy. Death was not deserved.
I did now, yeah I guess thats true. But we do have our own opinions of what we think.. calm down..

Last edited by Miko Miko; 2008-06-01 at 05:41.
Old 2008-04-19, 09:46   Link #172
ShiningSeraph
Wings of Heaven

Send a message via AIM to ShiningSeraph
To put it simply, Sekai is the most to blame. The "practice" was probably the thing that started making Makoto into an ass.

I don't really think he should have died since he realized his mistakes later on, but the weird ferocious making-out in front of Sekai was a bit strange. Like others said, he deserves a quite long hospital stay, not death.

Oh, and when I watched it subbed, I don't get why they made Makoto say "Thank goodness..." when he clearly said, "Sekai..." as in like a WTF manner. >_>
Old 2008-04-19, 16:09   Link #173
AnimeFangirl

After reading 10 years worth of "Dear Abby" archives, I realize there are real life people who have done much, much, much worse than Makoto and are still walking this earth. Poor Makoto deserves a break.
Old 2008-04-20, 21:24   Link #174
Thentus

Location: Might as well waste five seconds of your life; Pennsylvania
Send a message via MSN to Thentus
Yes but they walk on this Earth because they are real people .
Old 2008-04-20, 22:58   Link #175
Gomenasai
The Poster-guy

I bet just about every guy in this thread would do exactly what makoto would given the situations, Who denies free p77n. He did mess up bigtime in just changing his mind for his emotions and going with the one who would give it to him. "BUT Really think about it, Isnt SEKAI ===== as guilty as he is? She provoked him into practice, she let him go further, she let him have her over her own feelings despite knowing he is with Kotonoha. If you are to say Makoto derves to die, just remember Makoto, AND Sekai both messed up big. Just like stupid teens.
Old 2008-04-21, 08:20   Link #176
AnimeFangirl

In short Makoto was an ordinary guy with ordinary guy urges whose greatest misfortune was to get involved with a nutcase in disguise. Something like that happened to someone I know, who got married to a lady with mental problems. Her friends knew she had a history of instability but he wouldn't listen when they tried to warn him. Long story short he ended up fleeing the country for his life and hasn't been back in 10 years. But at least he survived, which is more than we can say for poor Makoto.
Old 2008-04-21, 08:27   Link #177
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

actually the only person that deserves to die was the bastard that raped Kotonoha... >_>... he got off with nothing happening to him.
Old 2008-04-21, 09:45   Link #178
AnimeFangirl

Dammit, yes, why does everyone have to keep reminding me of that? I'm trying to block it permanently from my memory.
Old 2008-04-21, 14:28   Link #179
BlankVoid

Send a message via AIM to BlankVoid Send a message via MSN to BlankVoid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
actually the only person that deserves to die was the bastard that raped Kotonoha... >_>... he got off with nothing happening to him.
I was thinking the exact same thing as you when I was watching School Days. She made it clear that she didn't like him and yet he forced her anyway.
Old 2008-04-21, 17:27   Link #180
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfl View Post
In short Makoto was an ordinary guy with ordinary guy urges whose greatest misfortune was to get involved with a nutcase in disguise. Something like that happened to someone I know, who got married to a lady with mental problems. Her friends knew she had a history of instability but he wouldn't listen when they tried to warn him. Long story short he ended up fleeing the country for his life and hasn't been back in 10 years. But at least he survived, which is more than we can say for poor Makoto.
1) Kotonoha didn't have any mental problems...

2)...you can blame Makoto for that.

3) Makoto was the direct cause in.

4) He was the direct cause in everything

Abit Sekai had a hand in creating a monster ^^

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Closed Thread