AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-09-10, 15:26   Link #3741
Phoenix221186
Butt Theory Creator xD

this is like kinji in hidan no aria .. the guy trying to be normal even though he knows better than anyone else that he is a monster beyond the imagination of the people around him ..

but will godou change ??
or more like what will he have to lose to change ?? or who ... ?
Old 2012-09-10, 15:26   Link #3742
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
But for god's sake! He's a freaking demon king with physical body far surpasses the best of human and magical power far surpass the strongest mage... The simple move and simple magic should be enough to do the job. And in vol. 8, it just shows us that he can learn magic faster than normal people, on a whole different level. I just got bored of his farce about pretending to be normal. It makes me sick to the point of wanting to kill all his loved ones in front of him and tell him he should have prevented that has he studied martial arts or magic in case of emergency.
Ya his wanting peace and his way of getting that peace kind of contradict himself... but I would expect a well trained martial art master is able to take him on even if his body is stronger than most people due to his powers~
xBakaChanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 15:39   Link #3743
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix221186 View Post
this is like kinji in hidan no aria .. the guy trying to be normal even though he knows better than anyone else that he is a monster beyond the imagination of the people around him ..

but will godou change ??
or more like what will he have to lose to change ?? or who ... ?
The difference between Kinji and Goudo is how Kinji really is a normal human without activating his HSS while Goudo has body far surpass normal human.

If Kinji got hurt, he'd take some time resting in hospital.

If Goudo's limb severed, just reattach it.

Kinji can't activate his power without getting aroused first at all.

Goudo's power can activate if the condition is met, really suitable for a god slayer job.

I suppose both should live in fear of getting assassinated while being vulnerable.

But there is no one who can truly protect Kinji. For god's sake! We should just rename the series from HnA to HnK (Histeria no Kinji) since it's mostly him who defeat the bad guys.

Goudo's power will surely be of use when facing monstrous enemies like gods or other campione. If he were to train martial arts and magic, no mages or ordinary folk could do anything to him. And if powerful mage comes, his power should be able to be activated.

Goudo is invincible. Kinji is not.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 15:52   Link #3744
Richocet
Lover of Purity

But it's not like any of the mages are gonna come to fight him, because they know of their own limits and also know that their doesn't exist one for Campione's, plus if it were that easy for them to kill Campione's they would've had done relatable things like usurping the Campione's in the past and their wouldn't be any fear and respect for them
Old 2012-09-10, 15:54   Link #3745
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richocet View Post
But it's not like any of the mages are gonna come to fight him, because they know of their own limits and also know that their doesn't exist one for Campione's, plus if it were that easy for them to kill Campione's they would've had done relatable things like usurping the Campione's in the past and their wouldn't be any fear and respect for them
And hence he can live his life with no mages bothering him, except a few pests like the 3 idiots.

But for Kinji, shit... Living a normal life with fear of being assassinated is truly a dream for him. He totally deserves it.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 15:56   Link #3746
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Technically this isn't true -- not everyone believes Campiones are invincible and not everyone thinks what they do is a good thing. Read the part where there are people that are against JPS's "rule" and that magician Bianchi that tried to kill Godou?

Just realize that if that Bianchi guy, instead of trying to just use magic to kill Godou, and subsequently accidentally stumbled upon one of Godou's "authority activitations" and instead brought in a group of simple thugs.. he'd have succeeded in killing both him and Erica.
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 16:03   Link #3747
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
And hence he can live his life with no mages bothering him, except a few pests like the 3 idiots.

But for Kinji, shit... Living a normal life with fear of being assassinated is truly a dream for him. He totally deserves it.
Regardless of how much they hate him, they wouldn't actually go ahead and kill him, and Godou knows that and is thus tolerating them.
And he also has his harem protecting him.
And the less said about Kinji the better, it took him 13 vol to accept that he is abnormal and can never get the peaceful life he wants
Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Technically this isn't true -- not everyone believes Campiones are invincible and not everyone thinks what they do is a good thing. Read the part where there are people that are against JPS's "rule" and that magician Bianchi that tried to kill Godou?

Just realize that if that Bianchi guy, instead of trying to just use magic to kill Godou, and subsequently accidentally stumbled upon one of Godou's "authority activitations" and instead brought in a group of simple thugs.. he'd have succeeded in killing both him and Erica.
That's where the whole thing about "luck" comes into, which the author does play around with a lot, if that were to be the case, then Bianchi would've already become a Campione, V-tan wouldn't have lost and so on
Old 2012-09-10, 16:07   Link #3748
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Regardless of how much they hate him, they wouldn't actually go ahead and kill him, and Godou knows that and is thus tolerating them.
And the less said about Kinji the better, it took him 13 vol to accept that he is abnormal and can never get the peaceful life he wants

That's where the whole thing about "luck" comes into, which the author does play around with a lot, if that were to be the case, then Bianchi would've already become a Campione, V-tan wouldn't have lost and so on
1) I know it's slapstick, but .. technically not true. One of his classmates tried to commit "duo-suicide" with him by jumping off the school building.

2) Oh, I don't disagree with that.. they are indeed blessed by amazing luck but it's just how far you want to stretch it.

My only point is the Greenwich Assembly spreads info about Campiones around.. and people will know that Godou's authorities all have activitation requirements.. Which means a group of thugs with rope and cement could take him out. You'd think he'd at least take a few martial arts lessons or at least learn a spell to knock people out..

EDIT: Or I just thought of.. Start doing research on Gods himself or try to max out his own "spirit vision" -- imagine the UTTER DESPAIR of the girls (and the readers!) if the kissing ever became unnecessary!?
Old 2012-09-10, 16:17   Link #3749
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
1) I know it's slapstick, but .. technically not true. One of his classmates tried to commit "duo-suicide" with him by jumping off the school building.

2) Oh, I don't disagree with that.. they are indeed blessed by amazing luck but it's just how far you want to stretch it.

My only point is the Greenwich Assembly spreads info about Campiones around.. and people will know that Godou's authorities all have activitation requirements.. Which means a group of thugs with rope and cement could take him out. You'd think he'd at least take a few martial arts lessons or at least learn a spell to knock people out..

EDIT: Or I just thought of.. Start doing research on Gods himself or try to max out his own "spirit vision" -- imagine the UTTER DESPAIR of the girls (and the readers!) if the kissing ever became unnecessary!?
Again which would make the point of the girls fighting with him utterly moot, we can keep going in circles arguing this point
Old 2012-09-10, 16:24   Link #3750
Phoenix221186
Butt Theory Creator xD

even if he gets his powers maxed out .. and it becomes pointless the powers of the girls ..

do you think he will simply give up on kissing them ??? ....
it will be " encouragement in the middle of battle " since he himself knows he loves them more that he is willing to accept =/
Old 2012-09-10, 16:26   Link #3751
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Again which would make the point of the girls fighting with him utterly moot, we can keep going in circles arguing this point
True, arguing in circles is bad, except for the fact that I wasn't planning on arguing with anyone. All I said was "I wish he'd .. <blah>" and proceeded to refute contrary statements!

So getting onto the topic of the girls fighting with him (which I don't actually think is utterly moot by any means even if he were to get stronger) .. how cool is the "protection" power-up on the entire harem?

Ena's "crowned" look on the cover is quite neat.. but I'm super curious to see what Yuri looked like in her "glass-eyed" princess mode where she's a blonde!
Old 2012-09-10, 17:32   Link #3752
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
More like it's pretty much impossible for magicians to "fight" him as he is immune to most magic due to him being a Campione~
Old 2012-09-10, 18:11   Link #3753
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBakaChanx View Post
More like it's pretty much impossible for magicians to "fight" him as he is immune to most magic due to him being a Campione~
They could always try to damage him by after effects of magic, like how Erica&co delayed SUn Kuwong with a flood (if I read it right)?

Though I think any martial arts world champion stands a better chance against Godou than magicians
Old 2012-09-10, 18:13   Link #3754
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
They could always try to damage him by after effects of magic, like how Erica&co delayed SUn Kuwong with a flood (if I read it right)?
That's true, but in order to make something with an after effect big enough to actually "fight" with him, ( since he have his campione powers and all) will be quite difficult? and Limit the magician's option that he have against him, well overall it will just be hard to fight him~
Old 2012-09-10, 18:24   Link #3755
Kadi
知識の探求者

One-shotting him is difficult because his instincts, his sturdy body, magic resistance, stuff.
Harmful magic poured into him can be washed away.
High-speed attacks (sniping) trigger the Raptor.
If you wear him down, he will be able to use the Camel at one point.
If you give him time, he'll sic the Boar on you.

So no, regular humans can't really kill him, girls around or not. And you seem to be forgetting one thing: Mankind wants campione. The more the better. They are more or less the only defense against Heretic Gods. Killing them is like shooting yourself in the leg. ...which mankind tends to do on a frequent basis, but that's not the issue here, is it?
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 18:25   Link #3756
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadi View Post
One-shotting him is difficult because his instincts, his sturdy body, magic resistance, stuff.
Harmful magic poured into him can be washed away.
High-speed attacks (sniping) trigger the Raptor.
If you wear him down, he will be able to use the Camel at one point.
If you give him time, he'll sic the Boar on you.

So no, regular humans can't really kill him, girls around or not. And you seem to be forgetting one thing: Mankind wants campione. The more the better. They are more or less the only defense against Heretic Gods. Killing them is like shooting yourself in the leg. ...which mankind tends to do on a frequent basis, but that's not the issue here, is it?
Ironic how they are the "maou" in the series fighting against Gods for humankind
Old 2012-09-10, 19:07   Link #3757
Acer
Death to the infidels!

The bones of Godou are harder than some metal, right? I think this is told in Volume 6, sincerely, unless the Godou wanna die, I honestly do not see him losing to any human, even this human being a world champion, these scenes with the 3 idiots are in my view just for comedy, if things get serious he can show all his characteristics that make a guy be incredible. Campiones not only has incredible powers, but they are people who always find a way to win.
Acer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 19:19   Link #3758
jonald101

so godou is now the equivalent of Misaka Mikoto....tnx zzhk...
jonald101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 19:22   Link #3759
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonald101 View Post
so godou is now the equivalent of Misaka Mikoto....tnx zzhk...
wait what? Misaka? where did you come up with that
Old 2012-09-10, 19:25   Link #3760
jonald101

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBakaChanx View Post
wait what? Misaka? where did you come up with that
part 3 has been updated at baka tsuki
jonald101 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem