Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-01-25, 02:00   Link #61
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas View Post
Fine, then, they look 6. I'll concede 11 just to get them in the next decade, but there were some very, very well developed girls in my 6th grade class 12 years ago. Don't know if it's the hormones in meat or what, but looking back, it was kind of out of hand and has probably gotten worse.

In any case, I really hope that stuff like Sky Girls is marking the pinnacle of bad loli excuses to rip off more sad shutins, and a downslide will begin. *sigh* Doubtful.
Man I think we've been at the pinnacle for ages. Your right to say its doubtful as even though there's been a mecha revivial, some of the new trends have slipped into them as well. Bad, not necessarily. I'm kind of intrigued to see how 2007 goes as things are bound to be more interesting then they have been the last year and a half.
Old 2007-01-25, 15:07   Link #62
martino
makes no files now

I want more episodes...

The story wasn't the best invention ever, but the characters looked pretty good to me and the relationships between them. I could have certainly seen some drama developing there...
Old 2007-01-29, 21:42   Link #63
Monster in a box

Thumbs up

I need more. Seriously, why would Konami coax people (me) into watching a show by putting the theme song (with video) into DDR SuperNova if it's only going to be a one episode OAV? That's just mean. I'm not going to deny that I only downloaded it because the video had barely clothed lolis in it, but hey, that's clearly what they were going for.

I was expecting considerably less fanservice, but I had few objections to it. Some of it did seem a little forced though. It's like they were going to make this a hentai, and halfway through decided to cut out all the sex scenes.

The story, while far from great, didn't seem that bad. Just poorly presented. If they did a better job explaining it, and not just "hey, there's like, a war or something, with these things called WORMS, and most of the males are dead, so yeah, now we have lolis in leotards do the fighting. Oh, and earth is flooded and stuff, but Japan is somehow still intact" it could actually be alright in that aspect. And the characters seemed likable enough, though the guy with the yellow hair looks a bit too old for Otoha (that was her name, right?). He should wind up being her brother or some crap, 'cause any romance between those two would just be weird.

Also, that one guy was named Togo. Haha. I get it.

Also, lolis.
Old 2007-02-16, 15:11   Link #64
Kensuke

Well, those who wanted more episodes (like me), looks like you are about to get your wishes fulfilled.

As NeoSam said in this post, Sky Girls tv-series is on the works, althought not yet confirmed.
Old 2007-02-17, 07:45   Link #65
Lost

So the OVA was for testing the loli-moe market? Hardly think they needed to do that.
Old 2007-02-17, 08:24   Link #66
cyth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensuke View Post
Well, those who wanted more episodes (like me), looks like you are about to get your wishes fulfilled.

As NeoSam said in this post, Sky Girls tv-series is on the works, althought not yet confirmed.
"Is in the works"? NeoSam getting ahead of himself again, as well as his prescious AnimeNewsService. Not quite. It's not our "Road to Sky Girls", it's theirs. Konami is probably in a phase where they're trying to acquire resources, such as sponsors and the likes for the project to lift off. They've opened up a sort of blog on their site for promoting the project. They're trying to gain support from both fans and sponsors. If it's generating hype among the fan community, then that's definitely a plus, however the series is probably still very far from actual production. Strangely enough, I've rarely seen pre-production blogs for anime, so this comes off to me personally as a very desperate act.

I still wouldn't get my hopes up.
Old 2007-03-23, 16:14   Link #67
Kensuke

So, it looks like there will be a Sky Girls TV-series after all, they even have a cast.

Maybe there will be more information at Tokyo Anime Fair tomorrow, schedule was post by eggplant:
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggplant View Post
March 24 (Sat)
12:00-12:30 Konami Booth (I-17)  Sky Girls Talk Show (Kawasumi Ayako, Gotou Saori, Tsuji Ayumi, Itou Shizuka)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggplant View Post
12:00-12:30 Konami Booth  Sky Girls Talkshow
Secured a good position here as well. Guests consisted of Kawasumi Ayako, Gotou Saori, Itou Shizuka, Tsuji Ayumi, and Producer Kumasaka Shougo. The TV anime (date not announced) will be done by the same team who did the OVA. Production is still under way, and the seiyuus have yet to commence dubbing duties. Tsuji Ayumi will play the new Sky Girl, Elise, and the producer mentioned that each girl will have their respective mechanics (Simoun?), including a twin bishoujo. The seiyuus discussed their hopes for the new anime series. Once again, a group of pretty ladies, especially Gotou Saori who cut her hair short. I think Sky Girls will replace Saint October from summer.

Last edited by Kensuke; 2007-03-24 at 14:55.
Old 2007-05-01, 09:44   Link #68
Kaze Ryu

I had heard that they were planning on making a "Sky Girls" game but had it cancelled. It's good to know they appear to be continuing the anime.
Old 2007-05-01, 13:02   Link #69
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost View Post
So the OVA was for testing the loli-moe market? Hardly think they needed to do that.
haha i agree like what akira sama would say..."i have an army of lolicons under my control"

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-05-04, 10:41   Link #70
Lost

^ And I'll be the one saying "I have an army of lolis under my control." In any case, nice to hear a series is in the works; but I'm concerned about the story - so far, we don't really have a solid one coming from the OVA except for a rather general "No adults" premise, so I guess that department remains to be seen. Too bad I won't get to watch it >.< Will probably pick it up after my conscription is done with.
Old 2007-05-04, 12:40   Link #71
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ well it is kinda hard to judge from the ova but i do see a plot...anything with alien bug/machines taking over the world is definatly the basis for whatever plot we'll have comming up then throw in some determined lolis and boom! potential class A material :3

you leaving again lost? ;_;

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-05-04, 17:38   Link #72
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Is Sky Girls done by the same people as Strike Witches? I'd love to see a series about the latter. ^^;

Hoo-ah!

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
Old 2007-05-24, 02:35   Link #73
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I don't know if this information is known, but the latest update to the TV series page seems to show a preview of the new Skygirl as well as a Q & A interview with whom I can only assume is her voice actress. The sites kind of messed up right now for some reason though.
Old 2007-07-10, 00:36   Link #74
Dark Wing

The first subbed episode was just released yesterday by the Ayako group. I'm downloading the Torrent now.
Old 2007-07-10, 00:51   Link #75
Kensuke

This thread should rename Sky Girls OVA to avoid confusions to the TV series.
Old 2007-07-10, 00:55   Link #76
Edgewalker
Nani ?

so wait, the sky girls 1 that was subbed today is a differant new tv series seperate from the OVA ? Any idea how many episodes ?

<towlieimmitation> I have no idea whats goin on </towlieimmitation>
Old 2007-07-10, 01:06   Link #77
Kensuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgewalker View Post
so wait, the sky girls 1 that was subbed today is a differant new tv series seperate from the OVA ? Any idea how many episodes ?
Yes, the OVA episode released last year was just that single episode. That episode is the first TV series episode (there is a thread for it), and it starts some time before the events of the OVA episode, TV series it is 26 episodes long as far as I know.
Closed Thread

Tags
loli, mecha