AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-04-07, 23:56   Link #1401
Sixth
Hu Tao

So...Kouha died without a fight?
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 23:57   Link #1402
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
So...Kouha died without a fight?
pretty sure he evade it

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 00:12   Link #1403
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

No, no, look closely, the blast hit the middle part of the first group while Kouha is in the front line as the leading general of the vanguard unit. With the blast's direction and his speed, it's 100% sure that he's not dead ( probabaly not even a scratch ).

Still, I would say that Kouha is pretty brave to take the vanguard general position. In China 's war history, most Vanguard generals didn't live past 30. And that position is not something for Imperial prince.
Old 2013-04-08, 03:52   Link #1404
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
Wow. So the magicians had a "drive people crazy" spell that turns people's rukh black? And they used it on 5th district people who were near death so they could get the most utility of them. How was Mogamett's rukh not black all this time? It looks like he snapped a bit before the revolution, just like Cassim.

Maybe I'll need to re-read to see how this "black rukh" thing works.

Edit: Oh wait. I remember. "Cursing one's fate." That's....I see. Nothing says light rukh means you don't do horrible stuff or you aren't a bit crazy. But black rukh is almost always destructive. So far.
If I use warcraft that as long as you believe that you do the right thing from bottom of your heart than you can use power of light even if you are crazy who want to kill everyone

But If you know that it was wrong/evil and yet you still do it than you will no longer able to use it(power of light)
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 05:17   Link #1405
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Wonder how last these 3 black djinns can last though. They won't have any place for black rukh to restore them.
Old 2013-04-08, 07:44   Link #1406
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

'Those people' that Kouha's subordinate mentioned are most likely Al-Sarmen.

Here's to Al-Sarmen removing Moga's control over those 3 Black Djinns to attack Magnoshtat instead.

Heck, they'd probably attack Magnoshtat anyway, even if Al-Sarmen doesn't do anything else.

Taste of your own medicine, at the heart of where it hurts most.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 08:38   Link #1407
shalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Wonder how last these 3 black djinns can last though. They won't have any place for black rukh to restore them.
I wouldn't be suprised if the citizens of Magnostadt end up cursing their own fate once they start to proplerly lose.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 10:52   Link #1408
Raviel

I must say, for all his quirks, Kouha is actually a pretty nice guy.

Now for Mogamett, well, initially I was willing to give the man the benefit of the doubt but after this chapter I hope someone gives him a proper beatdown. Aladdin was definitely right to assume that if the world was gonna end it could start at Magnostadt.

Ironically, this whole war could very well just be playing into Al-Sarmen/Thamen's hands and they're just waiting for the right moment to unleash maximum trolling on everyone.

P.S.: I find it funny how despite never meeting Alibaba in person Mogamett has already pissed him off

P.S.S. Somehow the manga feels much better when the Kou princes or princesses are involved. They're all pretty likeable people.
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 11:28   Link #1409
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
P.S.S. Somehow the manga feels much better when the Kou princes or princesses are involved. They're all pretty likeable people.
All story are better when you have cool and morally ambiguous characters with unclear goals and affiliation but will have opportunities to fight against/ with protagonists and their friends . Most members of Kou's Royal family fall under this ( Except if your name is Ren Gyokuen ) and besides, 3-way battles are always much more fun ( This is why I love RTS game )
Old 2013-04-08, 12:54   Link #1410
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
I must say, for all his quirks, Kouha is actually a pretty nice guy.

Now for Mogamett, well, initially I was willing to give the man the benefit of the doubt but after this chapter I hope someone gives him a proper beatdown. Aladdin was definitely right to assume that if the world was gonna end it could start at Magnostadt.
I'm fine with saying Magnostadt's evil for what it's done to its 5th district.

I'm not so hot on forgetting the evils of Reme or Kou (both slavers and imperialists, the latter openly allied with Al Sarmen), though.

As for giving Mogamett a beatdown - he's already sacrificed his life and afterlife to protect his chosen people. What's a beating going to do?

I hope Aladdin can make him realize his mistakes. And that he finds some peace in the end, because he didn't get where he was by being a bad man - he got there by being a good one and being repeatedly used and betrayed.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 15:36   Link #1411
kenjtr

Lol everyone is blaming moga but no one is looking from his wiev i mean that guy sacrificed everything his daughter , his wife , his life for normal humans but in the end what he gets is just a bunch of shit . Ofcourse moga will loose his faith to humanity , i mean put yourself in his shoes ; now you are a slave that works for a master and served him for all your life while beliving thats your purpose then he kills your wife and daughter and cruelly starts to laugh at your misery while doing much more cruel things to other slaves .

Its easy to judge people when you know nothing about their circumstances , i am not saying moga is right but i can clearly see how he become like that . For example europen countries are stealing from african countries and they made these people slaves etc... their cruelity knew no bounds and even today nothing much changed since we all know how poor these countries are. Now go to those countries and find a person whose life is messed up because of the country , no matter how good talker you are you wont be able to convince that person about greatness or goodness of europen countries , i mean what is there to show ? ( well people from europe may not agree with me and say they have their rulers but we all know these guys are just pupets )

In the end of the day rich will never understand poor and torturer will never feel the pain of tortured , how can a fat kid in america understand the feeling of a mother in africa that see her child to die because she didnt eat enough to provide milk . How can a rich kid who has best computer understand the feelings of the poor kid that doesnt have two shoes .

Lets not fool ourselves yes moga is a bad person but he didnt bethrayed his kind or did anything unfair to them , all of mogas anger is to humans and he has more then enough reason .

I dont approve mogas methods but if you push a person to the edge there will be consequences , can a russian tell to bosnia and herzegovina how good russian people are when russia and all the world wathed when Serbian army killing them cruelly . Where was humanity for bosnia at that time , why didnt righteus america saved them like they atacked ıraq , is it bosnias fault that them not having any oil reserves ?

In the end poeple who growed up in flower gardens will never understand moga and thats why he will never understand people like you , i think what moga is doing are cruel and not right but we should admit he is much more merciful from most humans in magi universe , yes moga is a bad person but there is a reason why people become like that .

Thats the reason why americas cruel prisons dont scare bad people even tough there is lots of human rights violation since even tought they are not in prison their life doesnt change much . Instead of building prisons and feeding them there we should help them before thing come to that , i mean in the end we also provide food and bed for prisoners so why not doing this before they involve with crimes .

Moga doesnt have any difference from cassim no actually his life was much more cruel then cassims , so now if moga is a bad guy what are we who lets their own parents live in the streets or when seeing a poor peole changing our route etc...

I want to finish this with a famous word of Captain Eustass Kid from One Piece " Trash rules the world so trah borns " its simple as that , we are trash as human beings so people like that borns , maybe instead of blaming mogas we should look at ourselves and think about what did we do for people to become like that . I mean look at all the countries where terorists( terorism is a despicable act , i hate it ) come from and belive me they are not coming from magical lands where everyone can eat whatever they want and ride ponnys .
kenjtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 17:22   Link #1412
Seitsuki
Onee!

Thank you. Thank you so much. At last, logic and perspective rather than just the hivemind bashing I keep seeing here.

Is what Moga did bad? Yes. Is what was done to Moga bad? Yes. Someone who is this terribly wronged and yet continues to love all of humanity is no longer human. He's a goddamn saint. Forgive me Godwin, but seriously this is like saying all the Jews and partisans, whose families, friends, neighbours, and people were slaughtered, and who committed atrocities in the course of resisting the Nazis are evil fuckers and the morally correct choice would have been to lovingly roll over and accept them regardless. Are you kidding me? 'Goodness of humanity' is bullshit unless it's actually practiced. You're all ragging on Moga for not being Jesus? Talk about he who is without sin, man.
Old 2013-04-08, 17:22   Link #1413
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjtr View Post
Lets not fool ourselves yes moga is a bad person but he didnt bethrayed his kind or did anything unfair to them , all of mogas anger is to humans and he has more then enough reason .
Which would be the same mistake that was made against him: dividing humanity between "his kind" and "not his kind".
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 17:45   Link #1414
marvelB

Do I empathize for Moga? Certainly, I do. Now sympathizing with him..... that's a whole different story. I don't doubt his past was a harsh one, indeed. But if that results in him torturing thousands of people (many of them being innocent) for the sake of protecting only the small minority of mages, well.... I can't really say that earns him many respect points (if any) from me, no matter how justified he may feel about his actions.

That being said, I still can't wait for Aladdin/Alibaba to get the chance to whoop that racist geezer's wrinkly old behind, whether he still has a body or not!
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 18:34   Link #1415
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjtr View Post
snip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
Forgive me Godwin, but seriously this is like saying all the Jews and partisans, whose families, friends, neighbours, and people were slaughtered, and who committed atrocities in the course of resisting the Nazis are evil fuckers and the morally correct choice would have been to lovingly roll over and accept them regardless.
You guys way overcompensated here

Just like what marvelB said, it's one thing to empathize, it's another sympathize. A more fitting analogy here would be if those that were persecuted in Germany in WW2 went out after the war and started killing, exploiting, torturing other innocent people in the name of "protecting" themselves. Self-defense is fine, but it is no longer self-defense when you begin to prey on other innocents.
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 23:41   Link #1416
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Do I empathize for Moga? Certainly, I do. Now sympathizing with him..... that's a whole different story. I don't doubt his past was a harsh one, indeed. But if that results in him torturing thousands of people (many of them being innocent) for the sake of protecting only the small minority of mages, well.... I can't really say that earns him many respect points (if any) from me, no matter how justified he may feel about his actions.

That being said, I still can't wait for Aladdin/Alibaba to get the chance to whoop that racist geezer's wrinkly old behind, whether he still has a body or not!
Exactly, I can't bring myself to sympathize with Mogamett. We all know what lead him to the current situation but we should not forget that committing genocide, mass-murdering in the name of greater good is never right! Mogamett just simply lost my respect with his "Black Djinn Scheme": building a caste system is one thing but torturing people, filling their soul with hatred ( just so he can protect people with power similar to him ) is a completely different thing.
Old 2013-04-09, 05:36   Link #1417
Raviel

I wasn't really clear on my stance with Moga before, let me clarify

To sum it all up I think he's what would happen if Hitler was a wizard (in a way), I agree with the fact that his reasons for doing what he did are logically justifiable; he's also a respectable person, but there is just no way I can sympathize with someone who actively tortures people and drives them into despair.

What I like even less about Moga is that his way of thinking and/or methods seem to have become pretty popular among the high-ranking magicians, this is just my personal opinion but that sort of mindset is going to put the very people he wanted to protect on a self-destructive path.

Now I wonder how the hell Kouha can survive a massive djinn blast to the face, I bet 10 bucks he's gone full djinn equip and used that giant blade as a shield (somehow I'm scared to see his full djinn equip considering his djinn is female).
Old 2013-04-09, 07:25   Link #1418
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:

Now I wonder how the hell Kouha can survive a massive djinn blast to the face, I bet 10 bucks he's gone full djinn equip and used that giant blade as a shield (somehow I'm scared to see his full djinn equip considering his djinn is female).
But he's female-ish looking enough..
Old 2013-04-09, 08:30   Link #1419
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

Quote:

I'm afraid I'm gonna have another "Stupid sexy Flander" moment, right? Dang, I thought I won't have to experience it anymore after G Gundam ( stupid trace suit ).
Old 2013-04-09, 10:14   Link #1420
Raviel

When I think of Kouha's full djinn equip I somehow get a vision of him in Kogyouku's djinn equip

Tags
fantasy, licensed, manga, shounen