Old 2012-01-27, 19:17   Link #141
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 4:
Old 2012-01-27, 19:38   Link #142
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Spoiler for Episode 4-Last Pass:

Still loving the scenes between Kakeru and Seven and it is interesting to see that new characters are still going to be introduced. A strong second half makes me give this a 8/10.
AbZeroNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 20:28   Link #143
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbZeroNow View Post
Spoiler for Episode 4-Last Pass:
I'm yet to see the episode, but did they really rendered Silva's family name as Silver? If that's the case that's just retarded. He's Brazilian, so it makes no sense for him to be called Silver. Man, what a screw up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbZeroNow View Post
Still loving the scenes between Kakeru and Seven.
Yeah, one of this series' strong points is the interaction between those two, and it gets better later on when Kakeru finally finds out Seven's secrets.
Old 2012-01-27, 21:52   Link #144
Setsuryuu

I always have so much to talk of this anime after each episode! But yeah, I'm not usually posting too much in Anime Suki so I'll do when it comes to it now!

It's amazing how that happy OP got so depressing now! Before it had that "he's a someone to surpass" basic sporsts shounen feeling but everytime Suguru appears now it feels so gloomy... . xP

Damn psychologists (psychiatrists?) with their boderline magical beliefs! I've been constantly warned of those and I still hate them! But hey, I saw a palaestra in a University about "real life telepathy" so it's nothing compared to... What we're talking here? "Possession through heart transplant"? XD

I love how the subs that I've saw translated that guy's name as "Leonardo SILVER" instead of the most likely "Leonardo Silva". But hey, at least Kakeru remembered we speak portuguese and not spanish. XD (And of course he is mulato! Almost all brazillians have a dark skin color here right?)

Btw they're all under 15... Sure, if you say so. XD

Kakeru's ringtone is so cool! A referee whistle! LOL

So the doctor wants so much to prove he'll have magical heart dreams she's trying to keep what his brother dreamed on his mind!(?) xD

Big mystery revealed! Gray is... Who it was obvious from the very first epi. xD Do I feel disappointed? On the contrary, to reveal it now and as a push to make him come back to soccer was great storytelling!

Wow after that resolve it feels like finshing watching a movie... A slice-of-life drama movie. No, not a soccer movie.

But next episode soccer will start! I guess! XD The player Suguru admired is that fat dude juggling the ball in the preview? I love how where this series seems to be heading! xD

Btw lol, fantasista? Oh, I see, Google told me that's actually italian. Means striker huh? Then enough said! XD
Setsuryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 22:15   Link #145
leokiko

Sure, we all have dark skin and play football in the beach 24 hours a day. That's why we are incredibly skilled.

Spread the myth, spread the myth
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-28, 00:28   Link #146
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsuryuu View Post
Btw lol, fantasista? Oh, I see, Google told me that's actually italian. Means striker huh? Then enough said! XD

It doesn't mean striker. Fantasista is how you call someone who has great control of the ball and a very creative way of playing. In simple words, a fantasista is someone who can do fantasy (ie: "magic") with the ball on the pitch.

Usually a fantasista would be the 10, and would be a playmaker. A prime example would be Diego Maradona.

EDIT: watched the episode. It was horrible. They're skipping a lot of material and the whole thing seemed so disjointed. For instance, in the manga the visit to the graveyard happens after Kakeru goes back to play football, and they go there because Seven wanted to pray for Kakura to be allowed to play in the last game of middle school (which the anime is going to skip anyway). Also, Leonardo Silva doesn't appear randomly in the manga. Rather, he was called there by Seven, specifically for him to meet Kakeru. Everything seems so random in the anime....

They are skipping so much that I'm afraid they're going to remove the Nadeshiko Japan subplot. If they do, I'll drop this thing without a second thought. So here's hoping they won't.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2012-01-28 at 12:52.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-28, 11:35   Link #147
ookamigirl

Guess his brothers heart did more than just save his life.
So seven was secretly helping him out.
It's was inevitable for him to get back to playing soccer.
Nice episode.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-28, 12:25   Link #148
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
It doesn't mean striker. Fantasista is how you call someone how has great control of the ball and a very creative way of playing. In simple words, a fantasista is someone who can do fantasy (ie: "magic") with the ball on the pitch.

Usually a fantasista would be the 10, and would be a playmaker. A prime example would be Diego Maradona.

EDIT: watched the episode. It was horrible. They're skipping a lot of material and the whole thing seemed so disjointed. For instance, in the manga the visit to the graveyard happens after Kakeru goes back to play football, and they go there because Seven wanted to pray for Kakura to be allowed to play in the last game of middle school (which the anime is going to skip anyway). Also, Leonardo Silva doesn't appear randomly in the manga. Rather, he was called there by Seven, specifically for him to meet Kakeru. Everything seems so random in the anime....

They are skipping so much that I'm afraid they're going to remove the Nadeshiko Japan subplot. If they do, I'll drop this thing without a second thought. So here's hoping they won't.
mmm, you got me curious about the manga, even if I usually don't read any. But I guess it'd be better to watch the anime first and in case read the manga, so I wouldn't be disappointed

Quote:

I love how the subs that I've saw translated that guy's name as "Leonardo SILVER" instead of the most likely "Leonardo Silva".

Kazu-kun explained well the meaning, other great players are/were Lionel Messi, Zinedine Zindane, Roberto Baggio, Ronaldinho, etc.
Anyways, the silver / silva switching is strange, I mean they call the other guy Roberto, (a tribute to Roberto from Captain Tsubasa?) and used Fantasista and Catenaccio italian words, so why change that only?

Spoiler for ep.4:

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-28, 20:46   Link #149
kitten320

I think seven's approach here was very bad one. For starters it was wrong of her to just flatly state that Kakeru has Suguru's heart without even consulting his parents. And what made it worse is the fact that she started to force Suguru's dreams on Kakeru.

By the way is it true that heart transplants can leave such after effects?

I really hope that now Suguru's mode won't be switching on like that when Kakeru is aware.
Old 2012-01-28, 20:57   Link #150
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I think seven's approach here was very bad one. For starters it was wrong of her to just flatly state that Kakeru has Suguru's heart without even consulting his parents. And what made it worse is the fact that she started to force Suguru's dreams on Kakeru.
It's not like that. It wasn't only Suguru's dream to begin with. The three of them (Suguru, Kakeru and Seven) promised they would wear the blue uniform of the national team together.

So it's not that she wants Kakeru to follow on his bother footsteps. Rather she wants Kakeru to man up and start to work to accomplish his own dream, but since Kakeru still lack confidence ("heart") she has to use his brother as an excuse.

Well, you could say Seven is a bit manipulative in her methods, and yeah, she is. But she has the best intentions in mind.
Old 2012-01-28, 23:58   Link #151
gonzo562

In the anime I don't like the character design of Nana. She looks better in the manga.
gonzo562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 08:30   Link #152
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Hmm..there's just something that can't be replicated from manga -> anime. The dynamic movement from each panel in manga excellently described the football match in a game and all of the characters technique. In the anime however, there's just something...missing It's just not 'hot-blooded' enough for me.

However it's not all bad. Eventhough that suguru mode is kinda funny, they still keep up with 'realistic soccer' like what I've seen in the manga. I still like it and will continue watching it How many episodes will this anime be?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-31, 01:18   Link #153
Setsuryuu

Quote:
It doesn't mean striker. Fantasista is how you call someone who has great control of the ball and a very creative way of playing. In simple words, a fantasista is someone who can do fantasy (ie: "magic") with the ball on the pitch.

Yes, I eventually learned that... But boy, you sure trolled me on this one, wikitionary. http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/fantasista After so many years... I feel betrayed by wiki. xP

Quote:

There's a difference of "being horrible" and "the source work is better". In my opinion manga-to-anime adaptations always suffer when you keep comparing those too, they should be seen as separated entitties... I don't know, your call maybe? lol

But hey, it did not feel random. Sugeru had recently died and Leonardo (in the anime so far at least) was a friend of him playing on Japan instead of Europe just because he admired the guy? So yeah, it does not feel impossible for Kakeru and Sugeru coincidentally meet in his grave. Highly unlikely? Yes. XD But justifiable I guess.

Nadeshiko Japan, I like that name. Reminds me of Yamato Nadeshiko. Probably it has nothing to do with that subplot but because of that I'll think it's a shame if it's not added too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
Kazu-kun explained well the meaning, other great players are/were Lionel Messi, Zinedine Zindane, Roberto Baggio, Ronaldinho, etc.
Anyways, the silver / silva switching is strange, I mean they call the other guy Roberto, (a tribute to Roberto from Captain Tsubasa?) and used Fantasista and Catenaccio italian words, so why change that only?
Going so heavy on "Japan x Brazil" stuff and then they mention that new guy that Sugeru admired the pass and suddenly we go all italian? Does he have italian descedence?

And yeah, Captain Tsubasa's Roberto was the first thing I remembered. I hope it's a tribute and not a case of "we don't know portuguese names enough". Even though that's more likely because, you know... "Silva" is kind of the most common surname ever around Brazil.... -__-"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Hmm..there's just something that can't be replicated from manga -> anime. The dynamic movement from each panel in manga excellently described the football match in a game and all of the characters technique. In the anime however, there's just something...missing It's just not 'hot-blooded' enough for me.

However it's not all bad. Eventhough that suguru mode is kinda funny, they still keep up with 'realistic soccer' like what I've seen in the manga. I still like it and will continue watching it How many episodes will this anime be?
After seeing all my childhood the "two steps to the side" dribble of Tsubasa I think this anime just flows great! XD Grey's Marseille Roullette was awesome. But hey we were not heavy on soccer so far anyway, just drama. I did got curious to see that manga dynamic movement you said...

And I don't think it has a number of episodes set already. Like those anime that go on indefinetely? Well, on My Anime List there's none so... That's why I'm saying that.

And yeah, Suguru mode is hilarious. XD "Kakeru is making a serious face? That wimp? He must be possessed by das heart transplant!" XDDDD

Last edited by Setsuryuu; 2012-01-31 at 01:22. Reason: Add the reply to Von Himmel
Setsuryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-31, 01:35   Link #154
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Nadeshiko Japan, I like that name. Reminds me of Yamato Nadeshiko. Probably it has nothing to do with that subplot but because of that I'll think it's a shame if it's not added too.
If you want to know about the real-life Nadeshiko Japan just follow the link.
Old 2012-01-31, 02:04   Link #155
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
And I don't think it has a number of episodes set already. Like those anime that go on indefinetely? Well, on My Anime List there's none so... That's why I'm saying that.
Oh, good I was worried that this one will only be 13/26 episode since there are so much thing to covered.. Considering on how the anime feels so rush, it also added my worries I hope there will be plenty of episode for this anime like Inazuma Eleven or Tsubasa

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-31, 04:49   Link #156
Yume Hanabi

This episode restored my faith in the anime.

Still don't like that psy-woman though.
Old 2012-01-31, 08:45   Link #157
AlaAlba

lol, I never thought I would see Arsene Wenger in anime, even for a frame and in a photo
AlaAlba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-31, 17:38   Link #158
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

^^ what? what's the time? must have missed it!

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-31, 20:12   Link #159
AlaAlba

on 8:33, a photo of the whole squad actually.
AlaAlba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 14:45   Link #160
Kyrok
Mad Scientist

So far I'm really loving this show, it has an extremely close resemblence to Cross Game which was amazing. Also something about sports anime is just so awesome to me, like when the players get all OP and its like in action anime when the main character just learned Super Saiyan form or Bankai or something. I can honestly say Cross Game and Big Windup! are 2 of my favorite anime ever and I am hoping that this lives up to it, so far it seems great.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Kyrok is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shounen, sports