AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-09-09, 21:50   Link #41
AngelKyo
Shizune is numba#1

Send a message via AIM to AngelKyo Send a message via MSN to AngelKyo Send a message via Yahoo to AngelKyo
I dunno why people hate fillers so much, they're no exciting but they're not gonna kill you. Anyways i bet Kakashi's gonna find some way to hide his face next episodes...gonna be funny
AngelKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-09, 22:03   Link #42
Ketsueki

Send a message via AIM to Ketsueki Send a message via MSN to Ketsueki Send a message via Yahoo to Ketsueki
This wasn't a filler though
Ketsueki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-09, 22:05   Link #43
Voltage
若い雷

Send a message via AIM to Voltage
Mmmmmm.. It's easy to make me happy. Just add Shizune and Tsunade to the episode and that's it!!

Pfft. Fillers, schmillers. It was a good episode for me. And er... I'm gettin mental images on what Kakashi's face will look like. He must have a reason for covering up his face. Could he be ugly? Is that why he reads naughty books and unlike Jiraiya go out and chase girls?
Voltage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-09, 22:21   Link #44
fightingdreamer88
where you goin' bub?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hideki Keiji
The next episode will possibly be partly based on the 3 page manga special, where team 7 tries to see Kakashi without his mask.
That's my best guess anyway.
It is actually ..well that's what I think
fightingdreamer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-09, 22:22   Link #45
Trov
Holy cack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hideki Keiji
The next episode will possibly be partly based on the 3 page manga special, where team 7 tries to see Kakashi without his mask.
That's my best guess anyway.
I think so too. So technically, it's following the Manga! Though maybe not chronologically...
Old 2004-09-09, 22:25   Link #46
AngelKyo
Shizune is numba#1

Send a message via AIM to AngelKyo Send a message via MSN to AngelKyo Send a message via Yahoo to AngelKyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketsueki
This wasn't a filler though
I didn't say it was a filler lol I was just telling the people complaining about them :P
Old 2004-09-09, 22:49   Link #47
HopelessLover

Like I said in the other thread, I thought this episode, whether filler or not, had way way WAY to much drama. Don't get me wrong, I think Rock Lee is one of the best characters, but for a ninja anime I was like WTF?!! Too much drama that lasted the whole episode made me quake with disgust.....
HopelessLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-09, 23:53   Link #48
PathofNightshade
Scruffy Nerf Herder

Send a message via AIM to PathofNightshade
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafNinja
These kinds of uninformed comments are unfortunately too common among Naruto fans.
Unfortunately, I rather agree with him.
PathofNightshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-09, 23:55   Link #49
fightingdreamer88
where you goin' bub?

The episode did feel rather short with all the emotion surrounding Lee and Gai..plus they showed the same scene twice with Lee raising his hand up saying how he wanted to prove that you can still become a great ninja without using Ninjutsu or Genjutsu (or something similar), that's just a killer waste of time..! ahh well it was still a good episode generally
fightingdreamer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 01:31   Link #50
BlackDove
Unheard

Waste of my time. Konohamaru, the next episode, the time it took to explain all this about Lee's surgery and Gai's feelings etc. - Waste of my time.

I _know_ what's supposed to come. Give it to me already. I want it animated.

And as far as bailing out Sasuke, I don't know what they're going to do. It won't make sense afterwards.
BlackDove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 01:36   Link #51
Naruto4Lifer
Perverted Hermit Styles

Send a message via MSN to Naruto4Lifer
I love the whole series, but one thing bothers me about Tsunade and how the calculate things. Ok let me explain, when Shizune woke up for her nap near the end of the episode she noticed that Tsunade wrote a 58% possible succesful surgery. ok i can understand when she was talking about a 51% in a metaphoric sense, but seriously how did she come up with 58%?? HOW DAMNITT HOW? WHY NOT 59%? WHY NOT 57%? HOW? TELL ME HOW? hehe ok dats enough from me.
Naruto4Lifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 01:52   Link #52
yinstro

basically how entertaining this episode would be to you has to do mostly with how much you give a damn about rock lee and gai. for me this was a good and entertaining episode. People who want to get to fights and what not, this is a real part of the story with real information and real descisons. Its effects will last further into teh story. also i think this info was spread across 2 or so issues, so they didnt fillerize it immensely. love it or hate it it was rock lee based

anyhow as to sasuke the only thing i can come up with is they can see he has amnesia to the last day or so before he got served. that way they can have him go on and still be angry later. If they dont use amnesia angle he will seem way more unjustified later. especially seeing as how the next episode will most likely be a humor heavy episode.
yinstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 02:32   Link #53
biassj

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinstro
basically how entertaining this episode would be to you has to do mostly with how much you give a damn about rock lee and gai. for me this was a good and entertaining episode. People who want to get to fights and what not, this is a real part of the story with real information and real descisons. Its effects will last further into teh story. also i think this info was spread across 2 or so issues, so they didnt fillerize it immensely. love it or hate it it was rock lee based

anyhow as to sasuke the only thing i can come up with is they can see he has amnesia to the last day or so before he got served. that way they can have him go on and still be angry later. If they dont use amnesia angle he will seem way more unjustified later. especially seeing as how the next episode will most likely be a humor heavy episode.
Yea, I don't know how there going to reconnect to the next arc. They can have Susuke collaspe at the end of the fillers to start it. Collaspe do to the after effects of the Tsukuyomi.
biassj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 03:04   Link #54
biassj

I just got done reading the special Manga at Ramen shop. Kakashi's a pimpdaddy. Episode 101 seems like fun and probably has something to do with the special.
biassj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 06:37   Link #55
Gevurah
What you say?!?!

Hmmm, I honestly don't mind seeing what will happen now that the anime has taken a considerably different path from the anime. Yeah, the whole Sasuke thing was kinda weird, considering how he just straight up left the hospital. But again, with this twist can come many different, and possibly exciting, new ways to tell the story.

For those that have read the manga past the next couple of arcs, it is a little disappointing to know that "the moment" most of us have been waiting for to be animated isn't coming anytime soon, or even at all. But, like I said earlier, because of this deviation in the anime, they could possibly have it escalate just a tad more.

For example:

I forget who mentioned it earlier, but during these possible upcoming missions (minus the next one in episode 101), Naruto can be consistently doing much better than both Sasuke and Sakura. This can most likely lead to Sasuke's jealously of Naruto's increasing power and feed into his lust for more power to kill Itachi. Then maybe after returning to Konoha after a mission, Sasuke says, "Fuck it!" and challenges Naruto to a duel to see who exactly is stronger. Not necessarily how it was portrayed in the manga, but definately one transition that wouldn't really jack up how things will happen eventually, according to the manga anyways.

But that's just one example of attempting to fall back into the manga storyline. For all we know, Studio Pierrot can have them either become chuunins for some odd reason, have them learn brand new jutsus, have the storyline make the "Snow Princess" movie seem more valid (now that I think about it... that would really be the only place to have it in the anime storyline), or shoot, even follow up on everybody's favorite Sand genins! Who knows where this is going to go from here, but I'm pretty excited that I won't be knowing exactly what is going to happen during each episode.

And to stay on topic, Lee and Gai have such a strong bond together... its kinda weird, but understandable. It's wild knowing that "if" Lee dies, Gai will kill himself too. The world needs more teachers like Gai (but not exactly like him with the "Dynamic Entries" and what not). Kakashi will definately be the true winner of their disputes!

"I appear to be a plushie, but my heart is that of a wolf." - Kon
Gevurah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 10:40   Link #56
Electrode

I don't understand about people who complain that Naruto is getting more like DBZ, and then these same people complain about these types of fillers (that we have here) that forward the plot and flesh out the story. The main thing that distinguishes Naruto from DBZ is that the plot is a lot more full, and it's not fight after fight after fight. We get to learn about the characters, their motives, their upbringing, etc. etc. etc.

Why can't people just be satisfied? *sigh*

Anyway, I loved this episode. It's awesome that we're getting to know more about the characters, and I think it's also great that the focus is shifted off Naruto and Sasuke to one of the less important (but not by much) characters right now. (I'm sure that people were wondering about Lee during the Naruto/Gaara fight and the Itachi/Sasuke fight - I know I definitely was; Lee isn't an easily-forgotten character.)

By the way, did anyone feel strange when they heard Lee saying "Bunshin no Jutsu" or "Henge no Jutsu"? I guess I've just gotten used to Lee not doing any of that stuff, so hearing him even just trying to do it, felt a little weird. It was a nice kind of weird too. (Imagine though, if Lee starts doing Bunshin and Henge later on in the series - if he learns how to mold and control his chakra, I will be so freaking delighted!)
Electrode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 16:11   Link #57
Rokl

Um, this post hasn't much to do with this week's episode, but instead next week's. Why does Sasuke have his old clothes on when he got the black one after his return sometime during the series? Is there any reason to this or is there something else..?
Rokl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 17:49   Link #58
Hideki Keiji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokl
Um, this post hasn't much to do with this week's episode, but instead next week's. Why does Sasuke have his old clothes on when he got the black one after his return sometime during the series? Is there any reason to this or is there something else..?
No reason whatsoever that I know of. Perhaps he just got tired of wearing those stupid black clothes, or maybe they're dirty.
If you're hoping for a manga explanation, well, sorry, we can't post any kind of manga spoilers in this thread, not even in spoiler tags.
Hideki Keiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 17:58   Link #59
AngelKyo
Shizune is numba#1

maybe a lot of people are discussing next weeks ep cause its actually gonna be good
Old 2004-09-10, 19:48   Link #60
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I've gotta say that this was a nice episode to watch. Sure they spent a lot of time concerning Lee but that's not a bad thing. It's good that they are fleshing out the characters of these characters. Now was it my imagination or during one of those flashbacks did Neji kick Lee's ass? Sure it wasn't a very large protion of the flashbacks but I remember seeing it. It's good to see Tsunade getting more into the role and working on a procedure to help Lee. I also liked seeing Shizune in this ep She was looking especially cute during this. I'm also a little confused about what's going with Sasuke but I guess all we can do is wait and see what'll happen.
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote