Old 2007-11-19, 17:00   Link #421
Calawain
Gaijin

Yay second season! I love this show
Calawain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-19, 17:04   Link #422
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Regarding the second season that was announced, don't forget to check out the thread i made yesterday.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=58063
Old 2007-11-25, 01:36   Link #423
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

The first two images are a continuation of a series by Utsura Uraraka (Churuya's creator). I posted the other parts here:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=394

Maids! Maids! Maids! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-04, 07:53   Link #424
Liingo
Love Hina?

Well, just in case anyone missed it, [Shintani-Spoon] have subbed the final episodes of the first season.

My thanks to their hard work

It was a great series to watch.

Hopefully they'll sub the 2nd season as well
Liingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-04, 10:32   Link #425
Dop
Mmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post
Well, just in case anyone missed it, [Shintani-Spoon] have subbed the final episodes of the first season.

My thanks to their hard work

Hopefully they'll sub the 2nd season as well
Seconded on all counts!
I downloaded the episodes overnight and look forward to watching them tonight when I get home from work.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-04, 11:13   Link #426
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
I downloaded the episodes overnight and look forward to watching them tonight when I get home from work.
I watched episodes 11 and 12 in a role, absolutely wonderful. I don't think anything can beat the warm and fuzzy feelings i have after watching each episode. The warm and fuzzy's were at 100% after episode 12.
Old 2007-12-04, 11:22   Link #427
herbert

Just a reminder.

Hidamari Sketch has released two epsiodes of OVA after 1st season.

Oh, 2nd season. Another good news after the annoucements of Gunslinger Girl season 2, Aria season 3 and Zetsubou Sensei season 2.
Old 2007-12-04, 11:30   Link #428
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post
Definitely, I have a strong liking for the series. Thus I'm definitely looking forward to re-watching the bonus episodes subbed in the future and watching the subs and possibly raws (if need be) of season 2. Now if only I had confidence of having Sketch goodness in R1. And by that I mean both this series and Sketchbook.
Old 2007-12-04, 14:11   Link #429
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I just figure out I can't find my other Hidamari eps anywhere on my systems or archives.... so after a WTF period, I'm restoring the entire set. So thanks to the subbers for their recent work or else I'd have had a nasty surprise in a month or two.
(gah.... need to get more methodical about my archives)
Old 2007-12-04, 19:04   Link #430
Dop
Mmmm....

Aaaaaah.... Beautiful.
Hope Shintani-Spoon do the OVAs, and I'm seriously looking forward to the next season.

I must dig out my archive and rewatch the whole series. Let Yoshinoya-sensei bring love and joy to my house at Christmas... Or any other time for that matter!
Old 2007-12-04, 19:17   Link #431
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
Hope Shintani-Spoon do the OVAs, and I'm seriously looking forward to the next season.
I've heard they're working on the OVA. So, good news!
Old 2007-12-05, 03:20   Link #432
Liingo
Love Hina?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I watched episodes 11 and 12 in a role, absolutely wonderful. I don't think anything can beat the warm and fuzzy feelings i have after watching each episode. The warm and fuzzy's were at 100% after episode 12.
It was a good way to spend part of my afternoon yesterday. Wai, Sae!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Razajev View Post
Definitely, I have a strong liking for the series. Thus I'm definitely looking forward to re-watching the bonus episodes subbed in the future and watching the subs and possibly raws (if need be) of season 2. Now if only I had confidence of having Sketch goodness in R1. And by that I mean both this series and Sketchbook.
Yep. I'll probably get around to re-watching it sometime soon. They're all adorable. I'll pray that the R1 get's released since things normally follow their lead in terms of releases here in Australia. Hopefully my Japanese will be a better by the time that season 2 get's released so that I'll be able to grab the raws if I need to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I've heard they're working on the OVA. So, good news!
Ooh, that is good news indeed!
Liingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-05, 07:36   Link #433
Seditary
Ooooo what?!

I need to fix my archives too Vexx, I know I have Hidamari around someplace, but I have no idea where so I just got the Shintani-Spoon batch all over again to rewatch it today!

Yay for Season 2, I love Yunocchi so much.
Old 2007-12-05, 11:19   Link #434
barefoot

HOLY 2nd season? I REALLY LOVE THSI ANIME WOOHOO. chicks in this anime are hawt like hell, both char and looks! woohoo
barefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-08, 18:37   Link #435
Dop
Mmmm....

According to ANN the manga's been licenced by Yen Press for release next year under the title 'Sunshine Sketch'.

I for one hope this increases the chance of the anime being licenced as well.
Old 2007-12-08, 19:14   Link #436
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
It's good to hear the manga of Hidamari Sketch is licensed. Heck depending on how the release turns out, it may be the first manga I get in a long time. I'll join in hoping this leads to a better chance of the anime being licensed.
Old 2007-12-08, 19:51   Link #437
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Brilliant news! Sunshine Sketch is not a bad title, though yes i would have liked it's original title. It still does the job i guess.

After this, i say the chance the anime will be licensed has raised just a bit.
Old 2007-12-14, 20:12   Link #438
NaweG
Just some guy

DL'd the series when I saw there was finally a complete collection, and have spent the last week watching eps in my spare time. Have really enjoyed it, and am looking forward to the sequel.

However, having just read through this thread (and that took a while), I didn't see any discussion of a point I thought might have been discussed. So I'll ask the question knowing it probably was addressed somewhere and I just missed it...

It appears, particularly in the later episodes, that Sae has feelings for Hiro. It is not nearly as clear if Hiro is returning those feelings. Am I totally misreading the situation?
Old 2007-12-14, 21:07   Link #439
Michael Hopcroft
Embarrassed!

Send a message via AIM to Michael Hopcroft
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaweG View Post
DL'd the series when I saw there was finally a complete collection, and have spent the last week watching eps in my spare time. Have really enjoyed it, and am looking forward to the sequel.

However, having just read through this thread (and that took a while), I didn't see any discussion of a point I thought might have been discussed. So I'll ask the question knowing it probably was addressed somewhere and I just missed it...

It appears, particularly in the later episodes, that Sae has feelings for Hiro. It is not nearly as clear if Hiro is returning those feelings. Am I totally misreading the situation?
There's been some not-particularly-intense argument about that earlier in this thread, actually. The general consensus appears to have been to set aside the question as incompatible with the general tone of the series.

The one thing that IS clear from the later episodes is that Sae is very, very uncomfortable with discussions of her love life -- to the point of telling obvious and transparent lies when the subject comes up. Obviously she is very concerned about her image, which may be why she writes under a pseudonym.
Old 2007-12-14, 21:18   Link #440
Jiji
*Scanlator

That's the amusing thing about Sae...she's very proper and "correct" at all times, and wouldn't be caught dead being thought of as not having done "normal" kinds of things like dated boys and stuff. And yet...you gotta wonder... In the end, it seemed just a bit to me like Sae liked Hiro, but hadn't confessed yet, and Hiro was just oblivious to it all.

And will this be developed in the new series, I wonder?
Jiji is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, school life, seinen, shaft, slice of life