AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chuunibyou

Notices

Old 2012-10-05, 10:26   Link #881
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
chuunibyou again... aka for 9-year olds sent to high school?

Anyway, eyepatch girl was cute, and the whole anime wasn't boring like the 10 last ones that came from the studio.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 10:49   Link #882
eiyuu99

middle, 2nd year should be 14 yr old.
probably refer to delusions when one was 14 yr old.
eiyuu99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 11:14   Link #883
Xaturas

Didn't have any of those strange playarounds when I was a kid. Besides the usual power rangers playing around with frieds and such when I was 5-7y old in kindergarten and pre school.

First episode kinda nice, it didn't have anything that catched my attention, besides the walking scene when she entered the train proud of herself opening the door.
Skipped op/ed because it didn't have any good song and sounded like any generic anime these days.
Its the first one of this new season that I watched so I might as well follow it for 3-4 more eps and will see. It may be good or it may be another hyouka that I left because it was dumb and boring.
Old 2012-10-05, 11:50   Link #884
Ridwan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Here, developing a taste for black coffee or Western pop when not really having the taste for those would go under Subcultural/Hipster.
I did drank coffee to feel mature and show off as a kid, but OTOH I actually did liked coffee(still do, only not as often anymore). In my family it's actually accepted, even celebrated, though not exactly the norm, to begin drinking coffee as a kid due to peculiar family tradition.
Old 2012-10-05, 14:39   Link #885
OkamiNoKaze

This show was great and, quite nostalgic in a way. I can remember trying to open automatic doors and changing traffic lights with "The Force", though after watching this who didn't have the urge to try the next they go to the store? I have to agree though the opening was near seizure inducing.
Old 2012-10-05, 14:43   Link #886
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
I have meet an extremely annoying DQN back in my teenage years. He was boasting about his bro having a pitbull, he adopted gangster mannerism due to overexposure to gangsta rap and crime drama like Scarface. Man, that guy was annoying as fuck.
DQNs are funny if you knew them before they took that turn. There was a girl in my high school who went through her chu2byou faze late -- all through middle school she'd been a perfectly normal suburban girl who spoke perfect English. If not for her last name, you wouldn't've known she was Hispanic at all. But then she shows up in high school dressed in La Raza gang style, talking with a horrible Mexican accent and saying how she doesn't expect to live to see graduation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
IMO, when I think about it more carefully, isn't KyoAni technically making a rather big risk in making this? I mean, if the anime fails, what will happen to the credibility of the KyoAni Awards?
What's the alternative? The book has a better chance of success if there's a high profile anime attached to it. If they don't do this, there's a good chance it would sink into obscurity and no one would pay attention to the award.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 15:02   Link #887
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
I can remember trying to open automatic doors and changing traffic lights with "The Force",
I'm pretty sure I still do the first one at supermarkets. The two finger wave to the side trick. A small motion. For traffic lights I think my Mother and I still ask the light to change politely with "please light, turn green for us". Not often, but every once in a while.
Old 2012-10-05, 15:25   Link #888
Snuffle
likes cute things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
Didn't have any of those strange playarounds when I was a kid.
Neither did I. It's interesting seeing all these people confess their chuunibyou antics.
Although it's possible I just don't remember being like that. I highly doubt I was considering what I do remember...
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 17:16   Link #889
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Is this a parody series? Because whoa-ho-ho, KyoAni has kidnapped the character designs of anime all around the world for this one!

Why, in this episode alone I saw Mugi, chibi Yui, Misaki Mei, Houtarou Oreki, Mikuru and maybe a couple others I can't quite put my finger on right away. Love the personalities though- this is a fun show. Will definitely keep watching.
Old 2012-10-05, 18:18   Link #890
Midonin
Last Engage

I'll get around to watching the show soon enough, just waiting to see when this simulcast business sorts itself out. But first - I love it when Japan creates exactly the fanart I had in mind.

Images
Voice actor joke
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 20:23   Link #891
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Enjoyable. I find the main girl totally moe. I want the guy to just give in and be hers. But it will take me a while to get used to Fukuyama Jun's over-energetic voice here as the main guy, as well as to Uchida Maaya as the main girl.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissičre (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 20:24   Link #892
Shimapan
Try me! <3

First episode was entertaining, although not stellar (yet).
The OP did annoy me - poor design choice to make to flickering nonsense. It only annoys people and might give the more sensible ones seizures or at least a headache.

Other than that, it was fun to watch Rikka's antics, and Yuuta desperately trying to be normal. I think the two will be together frequently from now on. Perhaps Rikka will even manage to re-awaken Yuuta's chuunibyou XD
Curious to see how the others will fit in the picture - especially Shinka, who already was prominently featured in this episode. Perhaps she also has some sort of c2b, or will get infected with it... she must still play an important role.
Old 2012-10-05, 20:38   Link #893
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I want the guy to just give in and be hers.
Funny, at one point I was thinking: "Dude, I know popularity leads to intimacy, but you don't need to take that road; you just found the warp zone to World 7!"

... Alright, maybe he isn't trying to impress the ladies with his sociable nature, and just legitimately wants to make a lot of new friends. I guess I can believe that.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 20:59   Link #894
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akarin View Post
Freebies
grabing this one Akarin!
Old 2012-10-05, 22:54   Link #895
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Staff comments for episode 1!
Episode Director Eisaku Kawanami:
Quote:
So then, this is the first episode. Definitely chuunibyou. I'm Kawanami and I was in charge of directing this episode. It's spring and Yuuta's chest is bursting at the thought of meeting new friends at a new school. He ends up meeting this mysterious girl, Rikka. She also has the thorn in her side called chuunibyou. This playful human drama which you can't hate begins....
I'm also getting excited! I made sure to produce the atmosphere and movement quite carefully. I wanted to ensure everyone who watched was able to sense that spring sensation.( ̄ー+ ̄)
Now then, ladies and gentlemen, let us enjoy this tale together!
Episode Animation Director: Kayo Hikiyama:
Quote:
This is Hikiyama, who was the animation director for the first episode. It was broadcast last night, but when I had the privilege of working on it, I was quite nervous. First impressions are very important, so I really wanted to make a good one on everyone....
For the first episode, we set out to emphasize the comedy portion when Rikka and Yuuta met. Inside they both thought they were cool, but in reality, they're a bit dense for not realizing that such things can't actually happen. Yuuta, having been cured, persists as the straight man now.
The instructions I got from the (male) Director kept going "Make it cute! Make it cute!" Naturally teenagers are childish already, but in comparison to when they were chuuni, we were able to portray them cutely.
The classmates not included in our main cast were only on screen for a short period of time, but don't miss them!☆
For those of you who were able to attend the pre-screening as well as those of you who were able to watch Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! for the first time, I hope you continue to enjoy the show.
In-Between Check: Emi Nakano
Quote:
This is Nakano. I was in charge of checking the in-between drawings for the first episode of Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
Finally we have started.
Chuunibyou itself has various meanings to people. I think everyone should have some recollection of a time where you were like that, right?
That reminds me of something. When I saw the drawings for the first time, they gave off a warm impression. The characters were warm, their souls were warm...
It's so hot! I think that's what we put utmost into this series.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2012-10-06 at 07:40.
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 23:26   Link #896
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Okabe's a jakigan (evil eye), actually. The real DQN in Steins;Gate is 4°C but he barely appears in the anime.
After verifying with several sites again, I beg to differ. I won't categorize Okabe as a jakigan-kei chuuni. Even though there is a certain amount of overlapping when it comes to 'cool' lines and dialogue and even world view, Jakigan-kei chuunis are used to refer to those who are 'into' supernatural powers, which is not the case with Okabe.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 23:50   Link #897
Entr0py
Banned

hell of a weird ED, but I LIKE
Entr0py is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 23:58   Link #898
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
After verifying with several sites again, I beg to differ. I won't categorize Okabe as a jakigan-kei chuuni. Even though there is a certain amount of overlapping when it comes to 'cool' lines and dialogue and even world view, Jakigan-kei chuunis are used to refer to those who are 'into' supernatural powers, which is not the case with Okabe.
This. ^ That's why he's more of an "anti-social" chu2byo....at least for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entr0py View Post
hell of a weird ED, but I LIKE
How is the ED wierd? It looks almost exactly like a crossover of K-ON and Milky Holmes... owait.
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 01:13   Link #899
SuperPaper
More Awesome Than Paper

Claiming if not taken yet Akarin.
SuperPaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 01:21   Link #900
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPaper View Post

Claiming if not taken yet Akarin.
It's possible to fix the moving pic in it...frame by frame.

...hmm... maybe my new sig.
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chuunibyou, drama, romance, romantic comedy, school, seinen