AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2014-06-13, 19:25   Link #53381
Chevalier
Rhein-kun
*Author

Guys, I haven`t read the latest volume. So please, refrain from spoilers. Damn, I still have college this coming Monday (Timezone : +8)
Chevalier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-13, 22:55   Link #53382
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

*blinks* ... I have two reactions to that...but I shall refrain from the first one since I'm amped up on caffeine and go to the 2nd one - This is probably the WORST thread in the entire sub-form to ask us to refrain from spoilers...

That's like going to a stri- ... *looks at Miner* ... y'know, scratch that example.

... and it was a good one too...

Anyway, it's like a cadet rep going to ISA and landing in Chifuyu's class - you're gonna go through the basics all. over. AGAIN. Nothing personal against you - she's just better than you'll ever be and what she says goes.

Okay, that example got away from me but what I'm saying is - it's going to happen - one way or the other. Due to the nature of the thread, a 'spoiler' sneaking through will happen. We'll try to keep it to a minimum but also understand - we discuss any current news/findings as well. I don't think many of us consider the info as 'spoiler' since 1) not being translated 'officially' any more and 2) we use the info for fanfics.

There, I'm done. Now to find something to eat in this forsaken place.
Old 2014-06-13, 23:07   Link #53383
Chevalier
Rhein-kun
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
*blinks* ... I have two reactions to that...but I shall refrain from the first one since I'm amped up on caffeine and go to the 2nd one - This is probably the WORST thread in the entire sub-form to ask us to refrain from spoilers...

That's like going to a stri- ... *looks at Miner* ... y'know, scratch that example.

... and it was a good one too...

Anyway, it's like a cadet rep going to ISA and landing in Chifuyu's class - you're gonna go through the basics all. over. AGAIN. Nothing personal against you - she's just better than you'll ever be and what she says goes.

Okay, that example got away from me but what I'm saying is - it's going to happen - one way or the other. Due to the nature of the thread, a 'spoiler' sneaking through will happen. We'll try to keep it to a minimum but also understand - we discuss any current news/findings as well. I don't think many of us consider the info as 'spoiler' since 1) not being translated 'officially' any more and 2) we use the info for fanfics.

There, I'm done. Now to find something to eat in this forsaken place.
Here, have a vodka Oh wait, I`m using that for my gaming sessions

Okay, I understand..
Old 2014-06-13, 23:14   Link #53384
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

You're saying like V9 already translated

hint: it isn't, not as of yet
Old 2014-06-13, 23:40   Link #53385
bitmeister
Expert Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
You're saying like V9 already translated

hint: it isn't, not as of yet
Which is why I'm trying to analyze the Novel photos to extract as much info as possible.
bitmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-13, 23:55   Link #53386
False Prophet
Suffer in Lake of Fire

So, this is my first time, and if there is any flaw, please point it out.

"So Barney, what plan do you have for Ichika this afternoon?"

"To the Laser Tag ring. Let's see how will the kid fare. If he is good, I may take him as an discipline. And you. Where did you take the kid today?"

"The Natural History Museum. He was very excited with the... Oh God!"

The police siren interrupted their conversation, followed by two officers coming in.

"They are here!"

"Who? The cops?"

"Yes, yes! Quick, hide me!"

Barney managed to put Lily under the table just in time to avoid one of the policeman's gaze. However, something must had caught his eyes.

"Hello, Mr..."

"Barney. Barney Stinson." He trembled a bit in nervous. And something else that is curently in the middle of his leg.

"Mr. Stinson, have you see this woman before?" He was handled a poster with the image of Lily on top.

"Nope! Never seen her before!" The unpleasant feeling steadily increasing, and Barney could felt him swelling.

Oh wait! That wasn't him! That was Lily's sweet!

"I see. Mr. Stinson, if you see this woman, please contact us immidiately."

"Got it! But what did she do?"

"She has commited severe case of vandalism in the Natural History Museum this morning... Mr. Stinson, is there anything wrong?" Barney keep rubbed his two legs together.

"Nothing! And I'll definitely call you if I see this thug." Please, please, please end this quick! His pant was all wet!

"Thank you for your time, Mr... Sorry!" The cop accidently dropped Barney's beer onto his legs. And when he tried to clean the spilled liquid with a napkin...

Lucky for Lily, Barney had came up with a solution: Clamped her head tight between his thighs. However, that left them in a very, very... Picturesque position.

But it work! Instead of making a fuss of spotting their suspect, the policeman instead gave them a knowing smile.

"Sorry for the commotion! And please have a good session!"

I think I would have Ichika and Nora's child (World Laser Tag Champion) fight next.
False Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-13, 23:58   Link #53387
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

...Uh huh. I've seen those pics too. The only thing I 'extracted' from those pics is that Cecila has an awesome body for a teenage girl. I dare say she's got a better looking body than Houki.

...and I didn't get nothing to eat here... RAWR!!!
Old 2014-06-14, 01:08   Link #53388
Chevalier
Rhein-kun
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Prophet View Post

"To the Laser Tag ring. Let's see how will the kid fare. If he is good, I may take him as an discipline. And you. Where did you take the kid today?"

The police siren interrupted their conversation, followed by two officers coming in.

"They are here!"

"Who? The cops?"

Barney managed to put Lily under the table just in time to avoid one of the policeman's gaze. However, something must had caught his eyes.

"Hello, Mr..."

"Barney. Barney Stinson." He trembled a bit in nervous. And something else that is curently in the middle of his leg.

"Mr. Stinson, have you see this woman before?" He was handled a poster with the image of Lily on top.

"Nope! Never seen her before!" The unpleasant feeling steadily increasing, and Barney could felt him swelling.

"She has commited severe case of vandalism in the Natural History Museum this morning... Mr. Stinson, is there anything wrong?" Barney keep rubbed his two legs together.

"Nothing! And I'll definitely call you if I see this thug." Please, please, please end this quick! His pant was all wet!

"Thank you for your time, Mr... Sorry!" The cop accidently dropped Barney's beer onto his legs. And when he tried to clean the spilled liquid with a napkin...

Lucky for Lily, Barney had came up with a solution: Clamped her head tight between his thighs. However, that left them in a very, very... Picturesque position.

But it work! Instead of making a fuss of spotting their suspect, the policeman instead gave them a knowing smile.

I think I would have Ichika and Nora's child (World Laser Tag Champion) fight next.
You are missing some details. Try again
Old 2014-06-14, 02:10   Link #53389
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:

"They are here!"

"Who? The cops?"

"Hello, Mr..."

All of my wat
Old 2014-06-14, 02:27   Link #53390
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

OT Question: Which mythological creature can manipulate time?
Old 2014-06-14, 02:50   Link #53391
False Prophet
Suffer in Lake of Fire

@Eternal-Throne+ZeroXSEED: Could you be a bit more specific?
Old 2014-06-14, 05:42   Link #53392
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

For starter, don't write 95% of your fic composed purely on dialogue

More on narration and exposition, the environment, participant characters etc.

Also, we're mostly confused because we're not familiar with the cast, but that one is subjective.
Old 2014-06-14, 07:26   Link #53393
False Prophet
Suffer in Lake of Fire

Quote:
For starter, don't write 95% of your fic composed purely on dialogue

More on narration and exposition, the environment, participant characters etc.

Also, we're mostly confused because we're not familiar with the cast, but that one is subjective.
Well, How I Met Your Mother itself is mostly composed of dialogue, as with all the sitcom.

But I appreciate your input!
Old 2014-06-14, 07:44   Link #53394
demino_hellsin
That one guy

as far as I know, HIMYM is a dramedy. setting, situation, timing and delivery are all just as important as dialogue content.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-14, 07:58   Link #53395
genryu_black

@Zero-2
as far as I know the one who can do that is a god, not creature. the name is Titan Kronos. perhaps you can research more in norse mythology since their legends is very wide.
genryu_black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-14, 08:20   Link #53396
Akisa Akimune
L'anticipation du pouvoir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero-2 View Post
OT Question: Which mythological creature can manipulate time?
Well, we have Kronos, Titan and Lord of Time. Saturn, roman god of time and many others things. And Aion, for Roman, Greek and Phoenician.
For Aztec, we have Xiuhtecuhtli. (No, I don't know how to say this.) For Asia, there is many deities which have this particularity.
Old 2014-06-14, 08:29   Link #53397
Chevalier
Rhein-kun
*Author

Quote:
@Eternal-Throne+ZeroXSEED: Could you be a bit more specific?
Try Reading Mine for example. Although that one is not IS-related, I already put the location tag and I added a bit more details and an events.

I hope this helps you
Old 2014-06-14, 08:45   Link #53398
DarkJak2050

Quote:
It'll probably make your blood boil and veins explode.
"When in doubt, C4."
- Jamie Hyneman (Mythbusters)

Or Improvise.

Remember that my fic is kind of a tie into the Canon story, but it'll be mostly from my guys's view.

For example, during the events of Vol. 9. my guys could be doing something else and that's what's going to be shown.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-14, 09:00   Link #53399
False Prophet
Suffer in Lake of Fire

Oh, shoot! Sorry that I forgot that you aren't the shows' fans. There is only one place that the gang would meet and drink: The MacLaren pub.

And that is the middle part of the story. I'm writing the easier parts (Barney's) first. So it's true that the paragraph is hard to make sense.

Oh, and here is the aftermath:

"Phew! That was close!"

Lily's clothes was in a mess, but she gave no mind to it, as well as the unusual way that she had just escaped the cops.

"So, what exactly has you done?"

Barney seemed more interesting in his friend's crime than the fact that she was wanted by the official. This was Lily he was facing after all - it would be understandable if it was Robin, but the strict mother of three children?

Actually four, counting Marshall.

"You won't believe what happened!" Hiding had made her thirsty, and so Lily gulped down her cup of beer in one shot. Also to brace herself for the unbelieveable story. A slightly flushed Lily continued:

"Basically, Ichika took the T-Rex's bones and knocked down the whole prehistoric marine mammals exhibition."

"But Ichika is still a kid, right?"

The boy reminded he of his younger days. Promising. And someone finally beat his record! Kid these days.

"Well... I might have been a bit too tought with the security on our way out..."

Oh dear! Believe it or not, but Lily's strength was surprisingly high for a woman of her size. Honed in her rebellious years, after all these time being a housewife, Lily's stamina and resilent could put a man to shame.

However, instead of praying for the lives of all those poor souls that were in hospital, Barney's mouth twisted into a creepy and contented grin.

"Umm... Why are you smiling?"

"The kid has potential. A prodigy, I say. Time to train a legend!"
Old 2014-06-14, 09:08   Link #53400
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Well, How I Met Your Mother itself is mostly composed of dialogue, as with all the sitcom.

But I appreciate your input!
Hmmm, while the source material may be dialogue-driven, you can't have literature follow a script like that. Heck, even scripts for shows have descriptive details so that the actors can infer what they're suppose to be doing at any time.

Successfully writing based off of a sitcom is a lot of work. Sure, most of your dialogue work is already done but that leaves all that descriptive work. In a sitcom, you can see the actor's faces, see their body posture, see the environment that they interact with - you can't see that on paper. You now have the daunting task of creating that scene for the audience. Yes, some things can be inferred by the dialogue but don't assume that everyone is going to infer the same thing as you do. You know the source material - others may not know it as well as you do so they don't have that reference point.

I've tried to hammer this fact into many younger (newer) writers who have very good potential stories - You need to describe your setting. You may have the location and everything set up in your head, but if you can't describe that same setting to your audience, you'll lose them. For all they know, everything is happening in a big white room. Take time to describe your setting before hand and/or have your characters interact with it. We are 3D creatures - we need to interact with things or we'll get very ... agitated. Just ask any toddler without toys - or parents of toddlers without toys or something to keep them occupied.

Each section/scene should have (In no particular order):
- Who (is the character/s involved)
- What (are they doing)
- Where (is their location)
- When (is the time of this happening)
- Why (is it happening)

Granted, if you want to leave some mystery in your writing, naturally you'll omit one or some of the above but that means that the remaining sides will have to counterbalance the loss of one of the five. Again, it is possible to play with the mechanics but you want your overall piece to have a nice balance to it in this regard. Whether or not you favor action over exposition, that's up to you and I'm not worried about that kind of balance. Any story can be read if you can articulate the small list in a way that you like and that readers can follow. What you are creating through writing is your own world and every new reader is 'blind' until they get used to it - don't be afraid to lead them by the hand for a bit. They will only see what you want them to see. If you want them to see a big picture - you'll have to put in the effort to paint a big picture.

... *stomach rumbles* And on that note, I shall now go to the kitchen to get something to eat.

**looks up at what I've written** ... crap baskets ... I did it again.

EDIT: ... and I take it that you are in the same boat as Zero when it comes to English grammar rules... It's not meant to make fun of you, or Zero, but that sort of writing tends to leave a type of 'accent'. Linguistics... go figure.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest