Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-02-21, 08:46   Link #501
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamada II View Post
Episode 7

Still loving this show.

Liked how Akko got full serious with her studies thanks to last week's developments. Everyone thought something was wrong with her. Lol Amanda thought Sucy gave her some weird mushroom. And Akko getting in trouble for fighting was super unfair. She's the one who's the target of everyone's mockery and she gets in trouble. Obviously if you continue to make fun her she's gonna retaliate. And that sensei should take into consideration Akko's background before calling her a failure. For someone with no magical person in her family, she's doing good enough. And she's improving too. Ursula saw that sensei's flawed judgment and burst on her. That was nice.
Obviously she shouldn't retaliated. Well I personally approve fighting back, but than she should also accept following repercussion. "Right" way to solve that would be go thorough teachers.
Old 2017-02-21, 08:58   Link #502
Kazu-kun

There's no right way to deal with bullying. Talking to teachers is the politically correct thing to do, but more often than not it doesn't solve anything. Heck, Hanna started both the verbal aggression and the physical one, yet she got unpunished. What would those teachers do for Akko?

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2017-02-21 at 19:48.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-21, 09:29   Link #503
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Glad to see the character development is drastically improving. Having the character progression stay from one episode to the next was a super great feeling. Once again, the latest episode was by far the best one we've had so far IMO. I really liked seeing Akko striving harder. That was a wonderful feeling. Her getting that A on the philosophy reminded me of how Dave the Barbarian managed to pass his rite of pillage test through similarly absurd means.

That being said, that other teacher is so annoying god lol. But now I'm a bit hopeful that she'll get some character development at some point. I'm curious to see what they're try to do with her. Right now she just seems like a flat minor antagonist. But as far as I know about Trigger, they generally don't use anything remotely flat... so I'm expecting good things.

The best part of that episode was Chariot at the end. That felt so cathartic. I was waiting for that scene for like forever. That was especially good since I wasn't expecting it after seeing how she hadn't said anything to Akko before that point. But that was great. I really liked it, how she stepped up and told the other teacher off. That was a very great moment, perhaps the best moment so far in the show. The part about Akko protecting the endangered species was about as funny lololol.

Still, she's definitely gotten way better. The other teacher still really pisses me off sigh, but I'm putting up with it until I figure out what's going through her head because I know I'll feel regretful I doubted the depth of a character if I give up holding out now.

Akko has now tremendously grown on me. Her character was really awesome to see. I'm now curious about Diana's failed prophecy... oh... maybe she saw her leaving with the others in the lake... lol hahaha.

Edit: I don't see why everyone's reading into the prophecy so much. Maybe Diana saw her leaving to go after the fish, but didn't want to spoil her success and so didn't say anything. I think that's equally possible. Maybe she didn't want to say anything because she didn't want to make things harder for Akko (like people would have tried to prevent her from leaving campus if they knew about the prophecy). It's hard to say.

I'm also amused because I watched this to take a short break before continuing to study for my Japanese midterm which is in like 3 hours from now. So... um... I was particularly motivated by the episode. I thought that was interesting. It made me sympathize with her. The whole falling asleep thing by accident is the worst...

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-21, 14:16   Link #504
Vegard Aune

...So was Akko's weird expressiveness when telling Random Fish that she'd help it look for its family a deliberate callback to Mako from Kill la Kill? Because to me that felt an awful lot like Mako from Kill la Kill.
Old 2017-02-21, 15:49   Link #505
ScrewySquirrel

might be. though I got Luluco vibes from the simple look.

Being Trigger its probly a reference to all of them.
ScrewySquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-21, 16:59   Link #506
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

"Sushio," the character designer for Kill la Kill, has a credit for key animation in episode three. He worked as an assistant animation director on the OVA version of LWA as well. Sushio also directed the KISS+Momoiro Clover Z music video. You'll see a definite Mako clone in that; I can't tell which singer the Momo character represents though. (I think it might be the one singing solo at 3:00. She has an outfit of a similar color to the one Mako clone wears.)

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-21, 18:17   Link #507
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Gotta love all the little bits of detail in this series, like their "transformed into fish" designs, or their night clothes, which add so much to the characters simply with visual cues.
Old 2017-02-22, 02:07   Link #508
Theo

I'm glad it's not status-quo bullshit being enforced, Akko's still annoying but not regressing.

I'm looking forward to but wary of the 'milestone' episodes where Akko finally learns to ride a broom and perform advanced magic.

Will it be earned or because the plot demands it?
Theo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-22, 08:40   Link #509
Tenzen12

With Akko's attention spam it's still possible she will get tired of it by next episode, we are still not safe.
Old 2017-02-22, 09:09   Link #510
Botan_TM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo View Post
I'm looking forward to but wary of the 'milestone' episodes where Akko finally learns to ride a broom and perform advanced magic.
Maybe she need to turn herself into broom first

Personally, I quite like Diana character, usually those are just a plain b-word types, here she is... OK maybe a bit she is, but here she is a better drawn character.
Old 2017-02-22, 11:51   Link #511
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo View Post
Considering how riding a broom is supposed to be very basic I hope she learns quickly, far before anything 'advanced' .

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-22, 12:06   Link #512
drobertbaker
Major Lurker

Location: <clap> <clap> <clap> <clap> Deep in the Heart of Texas
I suspect it will all come at once; she will instantaneously jump from idiot to savant.
Probably when Chariot manifests and gives her the gift.
Old 2017-02-22, 13:40   Link #513
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredFriendly View Post
Now that was a pretty good episode. Ursula-sensei stole the show for me while defending Akko's honor. Bravo Sensei!

My impression of that scene was, like you, yes, Diana was shocked. Very shocked. But why would she be so very shocked to learn that Akko has been expelled? Isn't this what Diana has been expecting all along?

Nope, my prediction is that Diana saw that Akko would become a spectacular witch, perhaps revered even more than Shiny Chariot in her heyday. Now that would certainly shock Diana, so much so that she simply not tell say that out loud.
Yup that's how I saw it. If Akko would one day become a great witch, and that was what Diana saw, then it would make sense that she wouldn't say something like that out loud because it will either hurt her reputation or simply wouldn't be the right moment.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-22, 16:16   Link #514
ScrewySquirrel

Well, that didn't take long:

GoodSmile has introduced a Fish Trio glass:

http://www.goodsmile.info/en/product...mia+Glass.html
Old 2017-02-22, 19:02   Link #515
Draco Spirit

The fish design reminds me of something from western animation, I'm sure it's shout out to something, but I can't pin it down....

On a different note, Diana saw something important, that's for sure. I'm betting it won't be relevant till way latter, but there will be a shout-back after a speech of awesome heartwarming or something at a key point in the plot.
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-22, 19:46   Link #516
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Sucy is best fish.
Old 2017-02-22, 19:54   Link #517
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by drobertbaker View Post
I suspect it will all come at once; she will instantaneously jump from idiot to savant.
Probably when Chariot manifests and gives her the gift.
I think she's going to get to the level of decent before there is a huge leap. Which she is already progressing towards. Her metamorphic magic has stepped up from just changing her ears accidentally to transforming her intended target into basically what she wanted. Didn't get the whole fish, but it was good progress.

I don't think she'd get the power from that fountain until at least she's matured her abilities to a certain level.
Old 2017-02-22, 20:20   Link #518
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I think she's going to get to the level of decent before there is a huge leap. Which she is already progressing towards. Her metamorphic magic has stepped up from just changing her ears accidentally to transforming her intended target into basically what she wanted. Didn't get the whole fish, but it was good progress.

I don't think she'd get the power from that fountain until at least she's matured her abilities to a certain level.
Let's be honest. Her earlier metamorphosis "failure" (Bunny Akko) would have been an overwhelming success to a certain subset of the population...
Old 2017-02-22, 20:30   Link #519
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Let's be honest. Her earlier metamorphosis "failure" (Bunny Akko) would have been an overwhelming success to a certain subset of the population...
While that is true and all magic is usually measured by (and perhaps in this series graded according to) results one intended to produce ... perhaps a bit like being able to reproduce a scientific experiment or the like. So in that sense ... well, you know.

Kidding around aside yes - I also think her "power up" may come after she has progressed some more due to her own hard work.

Also agree regarding Diana's fortuna telling that what she saw was likely Akko leaving the Academy in the future "in triumph" in some way, as a rousing success somehow, and that that unexpected shock was what tripped up her tongue. It would be interesting if future episodes touched more on this....
Old 2017-02-23, 01:48   Link #520
ScrewySquirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco Spirit View Post
The fish design reminds me of something from western animation, I'm sure it's shout out to something, but I can't pin it down....
Finding Nemo perhaps?

or maybe The Water Babies or Incredible Mr. Limpet

Tags
magic school, slice of life