AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-09-14, 14:47   Link #1161
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

HOLY SH%T. DAT PLOT!!! DAT REVELATION!!! DAT YANDERE

Great episode, probably one of the best in the series. First off, I'm glad Yuuki addressed what I had a feeling was the case last week. He also feels Chisato was using him as a Daiki replacement, and as I said, of course that would make someone turned off of wanting a relationship. He wants to be seen for himself, not as Daiki, which is what Chisato was indirectly doing. She knows its probably the truth too since she broke down and is in EMO seclusion mode. For the people who don't necessarily like Chisato, each episode she goes down and down the spiral of no return for possibly being likable. Hell, the chick is damn near insane IMHO.

On to the second half, its INCREDIBLE how a well told story can turn a character who was pretty irrelevant to a crucial piece, even more so making you realize that her entire place in this story was GENIUS. She was a spy, and purposely staying in the background, observing the core characters, watching them like we were. It makes you question now if her anti-social like behavior is all a ploy to keep you distanced from her, if it is, she's a damn good spy.

Its going down next week, sh%t gets real. Gonna be watching too, probably gonna need some popcorn or something. Now I know anime into hollywood movies usally bomb hard as hell, but this one could actually work, seriously.
Old 2012-09-14, 14:49   Link #1162
amoirsp

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
Well, this is the very episode where my opinion of Chisato took a huge nose dive into oblivion. Thankfully, Oojima is the sort of Protagonist who can spot a Yandere. And seriously, that scene in the bathroom was full of Yandere. For a moment, I thought I was watching Higarushi here. I agree. This is far from your typical Harem, it has not been since Kana got run down in Episode 1. No, is this even Harem?

I would also agree with you. Satsuki and Oojima have a more healthy relationship as equal partners. At this stage, Chisato just comes over as an extremely needy girl over a competent mask. I do think Oojima is aware of that dynamic.

As for the second half of the episode- now, this is what Chocolate should have been about. I welcome a sequel with Oojima as President with open arms, since this issues probably are going to take center stage.

I really DON'T think that this anime would end with a choice. It will end with Oojima elected, but an ambiguous end romantically. And you know what? I'd say that that IS the right choice. In-fact, any ambiguous Romantic end with Chisato still in the friendzone means a highly possibly implied Satsuki victory.
One time I did say here that this isn't a harem and got shot down immediately.

As far as why Yuuki tolerated Chisato for that many years? As the anime stated, Chisato only went clingy crazy when she was feeling like he's getting estranged.

The anime never stated explicitly but you can probably gather that the previous decade Chisato and Yuuki were hanging out nearly 100% of the time (and somewhere in that span met with Mifuyu after she was held back a year, probably middle school). If others don't see the chocolate reason/source or a Chisato breakdown, Chisato looks like your normal intelligent beautiful athletic girl.

However, the anime also cut down the time shown between Yuuki and Chisato specifically, so showing what happened in episode 10 looks a bit chaotic and suddenly, since most of that is retained while all the small early on talk (like walks to school) was truncated to go right into the election immediately.

I'm surprised (not really) that nobody mentioned Mifuyu and how she told Yuuki to pay more attention to Chisato. Now we know a reason why.

Just from anime observations although this is indeed a "super route", right now you do see "shotgun routes" where you get like an episode or 2 to specifically resolve a component of a girl's route. We saw that happen for Satsuki already, some for Chisato now, and right now there's Michiru. (Heck, you can argue 5/6 had Mifuyu but neutralized it so there's no love triangle and kept it somewhat invisible.) For Isara you can probably guess that attempted resolution of bullying or the public safety commission would resolve whatever problem exists.

Although as most of you pointed out, the way the anime showed it does kind of make Yuuki's situation suck to be in.

I'm rather amused that every scenario/event/route has Yuuki involved but the actual struggle itself doesn't involve himself directly.

Shinonome sisters' problem isn't directly related to him.
Chisato and the Daiki guilt isn't directly related to him.
Internal school problems aren't directly related to him.

And yet his presence or involvement can help resolve it (or allow the viewer to see how it's resolved in the advent the problem has nothing to do with Yuuki).

And because of relatively even allocation between the girls, as well as a relatively even amount of reduction, the chances of a non-ending also increase. However, the girl who wins should be the one that sees Yuuki as himself with his abilities and merits while maintaining Yuuki preference.
amoirsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 14:55   Link #1163
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoirsp View Post
As far as why Yuuki tolerated Chisato for that many years? As the anime stated, Chisato only went clingy crazy when she was feeling like he's getting estranged.

The anime never stated explicitly but you can probably gather that the previous decade Chisato and Yuuki were hanging out nearly 100% of the time (and somewhere in that span met with Mifuyu after she was held back a year, probably middle school). If others don't see the chocolate reason/source or a Chisato breakdown, Chisato looks like your normal intelligent beautiful athletic girl.

However, the anime also cut down the time shown between Yuuki and Chisato specifically, so showing what happened in episode 10 looks a bit chaotic and suddenly, since most of that is retained while all the small early on talk (like walks to school) was truncated to go right into the election immediately.

I'm surprised (not really) that nobody mentioned Mifuyu and how she told Yuuki to pay more attention to Chisato. Now we know a reason why.
Exactly. Some said that it's amazing he had to deal with this for 10 years. He didn't. She had problems but she kept it under control for 10 years. The only thing she wanted Yuuki to do was each the chocolate. It was only recently that she completely broke down due to how Yuuki seems to be drifting far from her or in this case, she feels that Daiki is drifting far away from her and hence she starts breaking. The final blow was when "Daiki" was nearly killed by a truck. The same way the real Daiki was killed by. That was a major blow to her. Before all of these recent events, for the 9 years (probably?), she seemed just like a normal person. Yuuki is one of the few who knows about her trauma but Mifuyu seems like the person who can see that Chisato is getting closer to her breaking point.

Quote:
However, the girl who wins should be the one that sees Yuuki as himself with his abilities and merits while maintaining Yuuki preference.
Personally I don't think Yuuki have that many abilities besides cooking. The brains behind the entire compaign was primarily Chisato and Mouri. I mean he even thought about talking about the special students when trying to win the campaign. Like Chisato and later Mouri said, win first and then do what he wants to do as well. Purpose is to get as many votes as possible and WIN.
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 15:10   Link #1164
relentlessflame

*Administrator

As a little side note (that goes back to something I mentioned earlier), I think everyone can see now why they hired this particular writer to helm this adaptation, given his experience with KgNE, ef, and the "famous" episodes of Shuffle (among others). This sort of emotional/intense character drama is what I'd consider his forté. I'm still reserving judgement on how the romantic aspect of the plot is resolved (my preference is that adaptations of this genre actually spend some showing the couple *in* some sort of romantic relationship...), but I think at least the character drama and "intrigue" is keeping things interesting.
Old 2012-09-14, 15:13   Link #1165
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
Personally I don't think Yuuki have that many abilities besides cooking. The brains behind the entire compaign was primarily Chisato and Mouri. I mean he even thought about talking about the special students when trying to win the campaign. Like Chisato and later Mouri said, win first and then do what he wants to do as well. Purpose is to get as many votes as possible and WIN.

Well isn't that one of his abilities? Being compassionate enough to help others.

-emotionally supported Chisato over the years, despite that it ended up hurting himself.
-helped Satsuki resolving her problems with Hazuki.
-wants to help Isara and the other low income students by finding a way to stop the bullying.
-wants to help save the club for the sake of his friends

Also Oojima was sometimes pretty intelligent in the game.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 15:16   Link #1166
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
Well isn't that one of his abilities? Being compassionate enough to help others.

-emotionally supported Chisato over the years, despite that it ended up hurting himself.
-helped Satsuki resolving her problems with Hazuki.
-wants to help Isara and the other low income students by finding a way to stop the bullying.
-wants to help save the club for the sake of his friends

Also Oojima was sometimes pretty intelligent in the game.
I wouldn't say those are his abilities. Those are his traits and it's definitely his good traits. It's what makes his so important to all the others heh.

@ relentlessflame
Yeah I can definitely see that. I did wish to see the official couple more in a relationship but... I guess it won't happen since they're focusing more on the drama part and election part for the anime.
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 15:16   Link #1167
Snuffle
likes cute things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
Exactly. Some said that it's amazing he had to deal with this for 10 years. He didn't.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the people who said that were referring to Yuuki having to act as place holder of Daiki for Chisato INSTEAD of being Yuuki. That is what he had to deal with, being someone else for the sake of another person's sanity.
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 15:21   Link #1168
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Well for what its worth, the OojimaxChisato pairing is all but confirmed. I mean the story strongly hinted that the only thing holding their romance back is this issue. Once that's solved then the pairing is bound to happen. I mean the story isn't going to have Chisato realise Oojima's identity only to have Oojima pick someone else anyway. And it looks like Satsuki (who looks to be the only real contender) has been thrown at the back along with the others and her episodes don't give her nearly as much momentum required for her to be the end girl.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 15:24   Link #1169
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Well for what its worth, the OojimaxChisato pairing is all but confirmed.
Don't see how, maybe you're being a little biased.

If anything, I get the feeling that we won't get a clear cut choice at all TBH. Chisato's issue is something that has been a hindering the relationship for 10 years, no way that can get magically resolved in 2-3 episodes, not with good story-telling at least. Hell personally, it looks like Chisato is LOSING her chance with Yuuki with each episode. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see a damn knife pop up in the future.
Old 2012-09-14, 15:25   Link #1170
hyl
reading #hikaributts

In the game it was a bit more obvious that Yuuki was being used as an emotional support for Chisato by being "Daiki".

Spoiler for minor spoiler:
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 15:26   Link #1171
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu View Post
Don't see how, maybe you're being a little biased..

Oh trust me, I'm not being biased. I'm not particulary fond of Chisato either so fhe entire thing actually pisses me off.

I'm just not confident in the this show's storytelling (Okay so maybe I am a bit biased then...)
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 15:54   Link #1172
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

As much as I am a fan of this show for its politics, I found that character drama bit as a really nice addition. You rarely find a male harem MC being in that kinda situation and act as decent as Yuuki. Usually, it’s all blushing, jealousy and sweet moments between MC & “main girl” in many other harems, but not here. Thus, It’s pretty refreshing for a harem anime. (Actually, it’s kinda ironic that I found that depressing scene as refreshing )

It’s pretty sad that parents & shrinks’ roles in harem animes are almost nonexistent. Those people can be a great help for Chisato here.

And, WOW, is that school actually CIA’s recruitment/training facility in disguise? They need well-trained spies for school’s security?!! Wow, just... wow. (might as well add some mercenaries to complete the set)

One thing though, Sosuke Sagara will feel right at home within that Public Safety Commission.
Old 2012-09-14, 16:21   Link #1173
amoirsp

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
As a little side note (that goes back to something I mentioned earlier), I think everyone can see now why they hired this particular writer to helm this adaptation, given his experience with KgNE, ef, and the "famous" episodes of Shuffle (among others). This sort of emotional/intense character drama is what I'd consider his forté. I'm still reserving judgement on how the romantic aspect of the plot is resolved (my preference is that adaptations of this genre actually spend some showing the couple *in* some sort of romantic relationship...), but I think at least the character drama and "intrigue" is keeping things interesting.
I like this script writer. The actual execution itself is far from perfect, however, it was set up to pique my interest.

What you don't want is a watch where you don't care who does what or what happens. This case isn't being subject to that problem.

It also helps that the base game has a core central element, because it's probably horrendously difficult to adapt a game that wasn't necessarily good (or less favorable to adapt). There's already cases where momentum in anime didn't quite work well.

The series is getting hit by a time limitation hence some rush effects and truncation, but otherwise is very passable. "Original" content was utilizing game information creatively, instead of creating something bad out of thin air. But from what I've seen, majority of scenes were either identical or at least topic identical.
amoirsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 16:39   Link #1174
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Well for what its worth, the OojimaxChisato pairing is all but confirmed.
This the "horrible" truth. *banzai!!!!

Quote:
...It's an open secret. Everyone here does, including my self. Is throwing all the shit to one person while giving nobel prizes to the other ad not paying attention to the other girls not biased enough?

Quote:
If anything, I get the feeling that we won't get a clear cut choice at all TBH. Chisato's issue is something that has been a hindering the relationship for 10 years, no way that can get magically resolved in 2-3 episodes, not with good story-telling at least.

Anyway...

Hmm.. just watched the subbed and ... yeah... hyl was right when Yuuki wanted Chisato to see him as Yuuki and not Daiki... So that's whats behind the Chocolate ritual....

Then , the clinging on Yuuki, yeah, its annoying but I found it more of funny and ridiculous... But it's not something to get mad anyway... I'll let it passed since Chisato thought he'll die because of that accident..

The bath scene. Very dramatic 9/10. It's not a love disorder. It's more of post traumatic syndrome for me. That's more way acceptable. Yuuki could never be with her if she'll continue not see him as Yuuki. He cares deeply for Chisato. What Yuuki want is to Chisato to let go of the past and moved on (with her normal life).

In anime anything is possible... looked at EVOL and the protest that followed it....

Last edited by NoemiChan; 2012-09-14 at 17:19.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 16:49   Link #1175
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:

If anything, I get the feeling that we won't get a clear cut choice at all TBH. Chisato's issue is something that has been a hindering the relationship for 10 years, no way that can get magically resolved in 2-3 episodes, not with good story-telling at least. Hell personally, it looks like Chisato is LOSING her chance with Yuuki with each episode. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see a damn knife pop up in the future.
Seemed to me that a ChisatoxYuki pairing is the only outcome at this point as well. lt seems that Yuki was pleading to chisato to see him for who he is and not a replacement and until she is able to do that he will accept her "love".
Blame it on the lack of episode or what not, but there's not much the other girls have in favor for ending up with him besides Chisato. A shame really since l'm a Mifuyu fan and would had preferred an ending with her.

He either ends up with her (most likely) or alone, or some time skip will happen showing that he ended up with her.
Old 2012-09-14, 17:09   Link #1176
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Fortunately I find the romance the least interesting part of the series, because there's no chance I could see a Yuuki x Chisato pairing as either healthy or believable at this point (and I agree it's close to inevitable based on this week). There's a big gap between someone's actions being understandable and being justifiable or desirable, and I find the way she's behaved towards Yuuki over the years disturbingly healthy and more than a little cruel. If anything I worry for the girl, because she's seriously screwed up and needs help badly.

Happily, the politics side of the equation continues to be the best part of the show, with no indications of losing its mojo.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 18:22   Link #1177
sapper
私はお尻を食べる

i dont see a yuukixchisato pairing either. im still going for mifuyuxyuuki or sensei and the sister(forgot names) with yuuki. anyways this episode is like a freaking movie it had that deep plot twist. although i was kinda shocked that the chick who got a maximum of 3 words an episode actually became a major character wtf is up with that? and btw in america we dont have spies that handle problems of students in merica we handle our shit our way so idk wtf is wrong with japan but damn they sendin in spies?
Old 2012-09-14, 18:38   Link #1178
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapper View Post
i dont see a yuukixchisato pairing either.
A Yuuki x Chisato is the sure ending if I say... The story itself revolves around the two... Evict one character of the two and the plot will collapse.

Now it depends if on us to grade if we see the ending will be best or worst
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 18:42   Link #1179
RDF2050
Superidol

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
A Yuuki x Chisato is the sure ending if I say... The story itself revolves around the two... Evict one character of the two and the plot will collapse.

Now it depends if on us to grade if we see the ending will be best or worst
You can't be sure it will be a Yuuki x Chisato ending if the anime has not finished yet. The director can change the outcome at any moment and decide who end with Yuuki or worst get a School Days type of ending
Old 2012-09-14, 18:44   Link #1180
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I have to be frank here - I'm amazed at how anybody can be supportive of Oojima-Chisato at this point, at least as far as the anime is concerned.

Clingy is one thing. That alone is generally unappealing, but I think a romantic relationship can be good and reasonably healthy in spite of it. However, Chisato is well beyond merely clingy.

We're talking about a girl who practically glued herself to Oojima's arm while he went about his daily work, and who refused to let go of his arm even when the guy went to unlock his door or tried to get into the freakin' shower. If this had been played up as comedic, then maybe I could let it slide - But no, it was clearly played up as completely serious. There was no comedic BGM playing, or "ha ha!" jokes being made, while Chisato had herself glued to Oojima.

And am I honestly supposed to find this cute and romantic? Because it's anything but that. It's very disturbing, and it showcases a degree of emotional dependency that is borderline insane.

Am I to believe that the best way to deal with this level of emotional dependency is for Chisato to enter into a serious romance with the guy she feels that dependency for? Hell no. That's like telling someone addicted to drugs that the best way to address their problem is to do even harder drugs!

Frankly, Chisato and Oojima should spend some time away from each other ASAP, and Chisato desperately needs to get more people into her life that she cares about than just Oojima. Right now, I really doubt that Chisato could handle it if anything bad was to happen to Oojima, or if he was to become far busier than he is now (which may in fact happen if he becomes Student Council President). Chisato is too attached to Oojima for her own good, let alone his good.

Tags
bishoujo, drama, eroge, politics, romance, school life, seinen