AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-28, 07:47   Link #81
marvelB

Ah, it turns out that Law's new crewmate Jean Bart is named after a famous French privateer (the real-life equivalent of the Shichibukai for those that didn't know). If he's named after such a famous person, then I think this further proves that he's no cannon fodder...

Oh, and... I'm hoping for more Bepo action next chapter!
Old 2008-06-28, 11:11   Link #82
PerkoEyo

HAHA.. what surprise another talking animal(Bepo)... Chopper is the other one. but actually Chopper gained the ability by eating a fruit so it kinda doesn't count
Old 2008-06-28, 11:40   Link #83
skurai

rob lucci is alive according to the first picture? The first picture of the last 10 chapters shows CP9 getting back on their feet.
Old 2008-06-28, 11:53   Link #84
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Imadori View Post
Now that you mention it... you're right where is his bible?
In his back pocket.
Old 2008-06-28, 12:35   Link #85
chitgoks

me want more fight!
Old 2008-06-28, 16:22   Link #86
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by skurai View Post
rob lucci is alive according to the first picture? The first picture of the last 10 chapters shows CP9 getting back on their feet.
Are you honestly surprised by this?

And if Kuma doesn't beat Kidd and his crew I'm gonna be pretty disappointed. Also I do want to see a Zoro/Kuma encounter, not really to see them fight because I think it's too soon for Zoro to take him on, but to see a possible flashback of what exactly happened after Zoro took that damage, did Kuma leave him for dead? or did something else happen?

Last edited by Tommy; 2008-06-28 at 16:35.
Old 2008-06-28, 17:45   Link #87
marvelB

I think it would be pretty interesting if we see people other than the Straw-Hats defeat a Shichibukai. Besides, it's not like Luffy and Zoro are the only monsters around... in fact, there's nine others!

...Though it's true that I have my doubts about Kidd defeating Kuma. I still think that Zoro will get involved to finish what he started at Thriller Bark.

And there's something interesting I noticed that I'm surprised nobody mentioned yet: After Luffy uses Gear 3 against the marines, he recovers from his shrunken state pretty quickly. I think this is proof that Luffy's body is getting used to the Gears (remember when Lucci said that they would shorten his life when he first used them?). Looks like the time for Luffy to gain a new power-up is nigh...
Old 2008-06-28, 18:17   Link #88
noktown

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
And there's something interesting I noticed that I'm surprised nobody mentioned yet: After Luffy uses Gear 3 against the marines, he recovers from his shrunken state pretty quickly. I think this is proof that Luffy's body is getting used to the Gears (remember when Lucci said that they would shorten his life when he first used them?). Looks like the time for Luffy to gain a new power-up is nigh...
Yeah i noticed that too,i think this way oda's trying to show us that he is getting used to gear 3,cuz i can't imagine why would he use it on regular marines,since his regular fist would inflict as much damage as gigante's fist in this situation,unless he wanted to show off ;d
Old 2008-06-28, 19:35   Link #89
The Imadori
Master of the sonic roll

the Gear 3 feedback (shrinking) last as long as he used gear 3. luffy explains this during the feedback at Enies Lobby. Since he only used it for maybe 30 seconds or one minute he will also recover fast.

Boy you guys are fixiatet on Zorro VS Kuma. I don't think that's ever going to happen. Zorro already HAS a deeper connection with another shinchibukai. I just can't see it happening at least not to soon.
I would also like to see someone alse than the strawhats take out a shichbukai.

Hehe the 3 captains are the biggest hotheads around. Looks like Laws and Kids Crew are also used to their captains always getting into trouble
Old 2008-06-28, 19:59   Link #90
chitgoks

would be nice if luffy forms into chibi, that he can attain gear2 with it. at least he's not in danger
Old 2008-06-28, 20:07   Link #91
marvelB

Really, it's not so much that I want to see Zoro vs. Kuma but just seeing him pitted against a Pacifista opponent so he can learn to slash through whatever metal it is they're made of. Ever since Kuma first talked about Pacifista at Thriller Bark I knew that the Straw-Hats would have to face them at some point... so why not now, as the advance troops sent by a Marine Admiral?

But I still kinda think that Zoro has something personal with Kuma... I mean, he was willing to give him his life in order to save Luffy and the rest (and even going as far as endure Luffy's pain for him). Like I said before, I don't expect there to be another epic one-on-one battle, especially since Kidd's crew will be there, plus any other supernovas who might decide to join in (like Drake or Apoo), but if Zoro does get involved, I'd expect him to land the final blow...
Old 2008-06-28, 20:27   Link #92
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Really, it's not so much that I want to see Zoro vs. Kuma but just seeing him pitted against a Pacifista opponent so he can learn to slash through whatever metal it is they're made of. Ever since Kuma first talked about Pacifista at Thriller Bark I knew that the Straw-Hats would have to face them at some point... so why not now, as the advance troops sent by a Marine Admiral?
Well, the chapter was titled "Kuma" not "Pacifista". Not that that 100% guarantees anything though.

Anyway, it's not like all Pacifistas would have to be clones of Kuma either (can Devil Fruit powers be cloned?). I don't see Kuma as being a "manufactured product". After all, a cyborg is an adapted human, not an artificial human.

Quote:
But I still kinda think that Zoro has something personal with Kuma... I mean, he was willing to give him his life in order to save Luffy and the rest (and even going as far as endure Luffy's pain for him). Like I said before, I don't expect there to be another epic one-on-one battle, especially since Kidd's crew will be there, plus any other supernovas who might decide to join in (like Drake or Apoo), but if Zoro does get involved, I'd expect him to land the final blow...
I can understand a desire for a "rematch" but it doesn't have to occur now... and the way you write it makes it feel like you think Zoro has to turn up. (Note, "feel like". I'm just talking about the impression you're giving out most of the time). Zoro looks set to escape by fish-rider, so see little chance of him turning up (though he could spot the fight from above).

I think it would be quite reasonable for the following to occur: Kid's powers turn up to be worst possible match up for Kuma (like Enel vs Luffy) and Kuma is beaten badly but gets away. Note that Moria wasn't axed from the Shichibukai for losing - there's no reason why Kuma couldn't come back stronger if they can keep his defeat quiet. And we know Kuma isn't perfected yet. So let's say Kuma is perfected afterwards and is sent out to assassinate Luffy and co again - then Zoro can face him once and for all.
Old 2008-06-28, 22:26   Link #93
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post
Anyway, it's not like all Pacifistas would have to be clones of Kuma either (can Devil Fruit powers be cloned?). I don't see Kuma as being a "manufactured product". After all, a cyborg is an adapted human, not an artificial human.

I already said something like this a couple of pages ago. Pacifistas are supposed to be "human weapons", so I'd expect them to be all to be quite different from Kuma, wacky personalities and all (for instance, imagine someone like Spandam becoming a Pacifista... heh). I'd be quite disappointed of they all turn out to be a bunch of Kuma clones....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post
I can understand a desire for a "rematch" but it doesn't have to occur now... and the way you write it makes it feel like you think Zoro has to turn up. (Note, "feel like". I'm just talking about the impression you're giving out most of the time). Zoro looks set to escape by fish-rider, so see little chance of him turning up (though he could spot the fight from above).

Note that I was really mentioning the possibility of Zoro having a rematch with Kuma. I only considered it because I find it extremely unusual that he would reappear to fight the supernovas so soon after Thriller Bark, especially after we find out that the Shichibukai are supposed to square off against Whitebeard's crew. This leads me to believe that he'll be taken out during this storyline, but considering how unfathomable Oda can be, this probably won't be the case.

And furthermore, we can't be sure that Vegapunk didn't have time to put his final touches on Kuma during the time it took for the Straw-Hats to recover from the Moria battle and sail to Sabaody....
Old 2008-06-29, 00:15   Link #94
chitgoks

if you were to ask me who kidd's greatest foe that would make him at a disadvantage would be ace
heat makes magnetism lose their effect
Old 2008-06-29, 01:54   Link #95
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Once again, I honestly think it's gonna be like a smoker/luffy encounter where luffy flees, if Zoro meets Kuma.

I've actually been curious as to see if Zoro has sustained any prolonged damages due to Kuma's attack on him last time, remember this?

Spoiler for Zoro getting F**ed up.:

Now what importance, if any, could Zoro saying "Just let me... Decide on the location" have with him sticking his hands in first? maybe we'll find out soon.
Old 2008-06-29, 09:04   Link #96
airsBlue

Send a message via MSN to airsBlue
i don't know if anyone mentioned this before but did kuma fired beam from his mouth towards kidd ??
Old 2008-06-29, 10:51   Link #97
Talendra

btw, is it just my bad memory, or does chopper seem to have attained a new form ?
Old 2008-06-29, 11:34   Link #98
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talendra View Post
btw, is it just my bad memory, or does chopper seem to have attained a new form ?
It's your bad memory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by airsBlue View Post
i don't know if anyone mentioned this before but did kuma fired beam from his mouth towards kidd ??

Yeah he fired a beam and judging by the smoke around his face I'm guessing it came from his mouth.

Last edited by Tommy; 2008-06-29 at 12:05.
Old 2008-06-29, 13:11   Link #99
gnc742

I think Kidd and his crew won't make it to the New World, it's only for a short time but at least we get to see Kid. That would be nice, then Luffy hears it, he would be enraged. You know, because he holds on to promises.

Or Maybe Kuma just arrived at shabondy and is just headed to Mariejois. Doflamingo said that the Royal Shichibukais are being gathered for an all out war against WB pirates. He was just on the way to Holy Land.

I believe there are two or more Pacifistas in the story but they couldn't be Kuma's look a like. That is not like Oda's style. i think.
Old 2008-06-29, 14:37   Link #100
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
Also I do want to see a Zoro/Kuma encounter
I think Kuma or his versions are reserved for the scraps, while Kizaru targeting the main offenders. I think Strawhats will find Kizaru in front of them. And, of course, I wonder who the third one will be finding Law's group.

Quote:
And there's something interesting I noticed that I'm surprised nobody mentioned yet: After Luffy uses Gear 3 against the marines, he recovers from his shrunken state pretty quickly.
I think nobody mentioned it because that result was pretty obvious, considering the short amount of time he used against the marines. Or were you expecting something else? The main problem Luffy had was not with Gear 3, but with Gear 2. And, we have yet to see how much he adapted staying in that state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
It's your bad memory.
Forgot to put the hammer at the end.
Closed Thread