AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-06, 10:02   Link #21
marvelB

The only tactic I can see being used to defend against Kizaru at this point is to just hold up a mirror or something with a reflective surface so his beams will bounce off them. Otherwise, I'm unsure as to how he could be directly damaged, unless "Haki" provides some way to damage a Logia without resorting to goofy gimmicks....

Last edited by marvelB; 2008-08-06 at 11:53.
Old 2008-08-06, 11:49   Link #22
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
The only tactic I can see being used against Kizaru at this point is to just hold up a mirror or something with a reflective surface so his beams will bounce off them. Otherwise, I'm unsure as to how he could be directly damaged, unless "Haki" provides some way to damage a Logia without resorting to goofy gimmicks....
I doubt Kizaru would be harmed by his own light though - I think a mirror could only be used for defense not offense.

Well, I imagine Kizaru will be taken down somehow... or Luffy and co will in fact be able to keep away from him for 3 days and escape. At the moment, both seem unlikely, but the fun will be in finding out
Old 2008-08-06, 11:59   Link #23
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post
I doubt Kizaru would be harmed by his own light though - I think a mirror could only be used for defense not offense.

That's what I meant, actually... I slightly rephrased my previous post to reflect this (no pun intended, heh).

And I still think that Rayleigh will be the one to save the Straw-Hats from Kizaru's wrath in the end (Garp is possible too, but Rayleigh seems more likely right now). I have the impression that he's the only one strong enough to go toe-to-toe with him at this point....
Old 2008-08-06, 12:12   Link #24
PerkoEyo

I think that Kizaru losing his arm was a illusion from his light fruit(not confirmed). And what about Apoo? Strong guy, after all he did cut of Kizarus arm.
Old 2008-08-06, 12:19   Link #25
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerkoEyo View Post
I think that Kizaru losing his arm was a illusion from his light fruit(not confirmed). And what about Apoo? Strong guy, after all he did cut of Kizarus arm.
LOL, that is what I was going to say . Until the Light fruit is confirmed as Logia, I am going to continue to hold out hope for it being a Paramecia.
Old 2008-08-06, 12:25   Link #26
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
And I still think that Rayleigh will be the one to save the Straw-Hats from Kizaru's wrath in the end (Garp is possible too, but Rayleigh seems more likely right now). I have the impression that he's the only one strong enough to go toe-to-toe with him at this point....
Hmm. Here's a thought though - we don't know Kizaru's exact fruit type. Seems 99% that he's logia type, but if it's more like he has control over reflecting (or concentrating) light then simply putting him in a black box might be effective. If he's a light source then that won't help at all.

I wonder if Garp would be able to do something against a logia though? (Well, he's survived this long - he must have come up against them before). Going up against a superior in this way though would seem rather unlikely.

Rayleigh's already left them to their own devices knowing an admiral should be turning up, so it seems unlikely he would show up until his work is done - unless someone goes running to him for help, or they accidentally stumble across him.
Old 2008-08-06, 12:27   Link #27
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by james3wk View Post
LOL, that is what I was going to say . Until the Light fruit is confirmed as Logia, I am going to continue to hold out hope for it being a Paramecia.
The scans very strongly indicate Logia to me.

He can reform fully without any damage after being split into three parts.
Old 2008-08-06, 12:50   Link #28
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerkoEyo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by james3wk View Post

Now see, I would have agreed with you guys until this appeared:

Spoiler:

The above image strongly implies that our friend Borsalino is a Logia.
Old 2008-08-06, 13:10   Link #29
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

Quote:
Spoiler:

That also implifies that Luffy,Zoro,Chopper,Robin,Sanji will never stand a chance against him with melee brute attacks But what about Nami and weather control? Those light breaking prism stuff and under heavy rain lightbeams turning to harmless rainbow beams?
Old 2008-08-06, 14:09   Link #30
PerkoEyo

Quote:
Now see, I would have agreed with you guys until this appeared:

Spoiler:

So... It seems like Kizary's ability is much like Majin Buu's(The guy from Dragon Ball).
And does that mean he has to be pulverized from a blast or what. And the one Doing that to him can't be Luffy(Cuz he doesn't kill).
Old 2008-08-06, 14:13   Link #31
PerkoEyo

And the one that has such a power to kill him or immobilize him is: Aokiji(freezing ray), Nami(thunder ball?). And maybe other people that i can't remember right now.

Last edited by PerkoEyo; 2008-08-06 at 14:14. Reason: Cuz I want to
Old 2008-08-06, 14:50   Link #32
shankss
CP10

Some unexpected haki blast or discovering the weak point (chopper?) is the only option in this case.Thou Im not sure about Luffy haki defeating Borsalino since some supernova rookies easily avoided Rayleigh's haki.Luffy will probly be a haki newbie at this stage while Rayleigh already mastered it...
Old 2008-08-06, 15:36   Link #33
marvelB

On the subject of Haki... I believe that Garp knows how to use it, as well. Why do I think this? Looking back at past chapters, I found it rather curious that Garp's "Fist of Love" actually hurt Luffy in Water 7, whereas normal punches don't have an effect on him. I also noticed that later on when Garp is in the middle of beating up Luffy, his fist is aflame, which could be his Haki manifesting itself (of course, this could just as easily be a gag, but there could still be some significance to it). So, I'm guessing that if Garp is able to use a Haki-infused punch to hurt a rubber man like Luffy, then he may very well be able to damage just about any type of DF user that way, Logias included. But still, this is just speculation....

...And if that's the case, I guess Nami knows Haki to some degree too, since she beats up Luffy all the time.
Old 2008-08-06, 18:20   Link #34
Monkey D. Luffy

I don't know how much you guys know about Light and such but it's premature to say that Kizaru's ability is overpowered.

Oda has always made grand entrances and presentations for Logia-type Devil Fruit users. He did it for Smoker, Ace, Crocodile, and the later ones too. He's presented them in a matter that they look very powerful and with no invulnerabilities even when they do have some. It's the same case with Kizaru and his ability.

Besides light is not unstoppable. It can be affected by Electromagnestism and we all know who has an ability relating to that and it can also interact and be disrupted by Sound waves. So really it's not like Light Kizaru is unstoppable and cannot be affected but also we don't really know his full arsenal and all he can do.

This chapter seems like it might be the turning of the tides in the fight since it looks like four of the Supernova's have been pretty much defeated. You would think than they can only do anything but rise up stronger next chapter, atleast that's what I'm hoping for. Also the Strawhats moving forward, they have to hide unless they want the risk of facing another opponent after just after exerting themselves to beat the Pacifista.
Old 2008-08-06, 18:51   Link #35
The Imadori
Master of the sonic roll

I hope so to. I just think it's a little disapointing because we just had two chapters to introduce all this cool supernovas with this awsome powers and now along comes another Logia dude and just pwnes them I just hope the Supernovas will last a little longer than the normal "side pirates" in one piece.

Last edited by The Imadori; 2008-08-06 at 20:46.
Old 2008-08-06, 22:22   Link #36
Master Mold
Banned

I Never really liked the Novas and always thought they would be used as punching bags to show off some powers of the Big Names in the One Piece world.

I guess the ones that make it off the Island and land on Fishmen island will be greeted by Jinbei. lolz
Old 2008-08-07, 05:22   Link #37
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Do you think Reileigh would join SH?
Old 2008-08-07, 06:19   Link #38
Blaine

Doubt it i think he said he was happy to be a ship coater
Old 2008-08-07, 08:38   Link #39
The Imadori
Master of the sonic roll

Nope definately not. It just can't be. Reilight is to strong, to much of a Joker than to join the main crew. No I bet we won't even meet the last Nakama i this arc. To much else going on.
Old 2008-08-07, 09:03   Link #40
marvelB

Yeah, Rayleigh's pretty much retired from piracy. Besides, he's just about done it all when he was with Roger anyway so there's no point to him going on what's essentially (to him) the same adventure again. He'll simply pass the torch to the new generation....
Closed Thread