Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-03-13, 03:26   Link #3061
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDo View Post
We all were,

But the thing that makes Akamatsu so good (at least IMO)
is that it doesn't get boring at all.
If you reread the Eternal Festival, every part is enjoyable.
No BS chapter.
uh , dunno. I loved the festival. It's my favorite arc so far =/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
Teamwork?

Honestly with such a large cast I would love to see more teamwork and less one on one battles. Their is no reason why half the cast should sit around and watch Negi get his ass kicked against Fate.

I would hate for the whole thing to turn into Dragonball Z where one guy fights the villain while the rest stand their and watch because they are too weak. The manga has done such a good job of showing the importance of teamwork and showing how powerful the rest of the class is to all of a sudden turn it into Negi fights the main villain by himself using Super Saiyan 3.
the thing is , I don't believe Fate is the final boss . So if they use teamwork on his , own will they fight the final boss ? ...providing there is one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
What's the point of surpassing Rakan? The only point I see is to free Negi's friends.
being strong enough for the mass sh*t that's coming after ?
I'm getting the feeling there will probably be a new war in a near future , and Nagi not being in sight , Negi will have to be as strong as Rakan or something.
Samanosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-13, 03:33   Link #3062
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samanosuke View Post
uh , dunno. I loved the festival. It's my favorite arc so far =/

the thing is , I don't believe Fate is the final boss . So if they use teamwork on his , own will they fight the final boss ? ...providing there is one.

being strong enough for the mass sh*t that's coming after ?
I'm getting the feeling there will probably be a new war in a near future , and Nagi not being in sight , Negi will have to be as strong as Rakan or something.
Being strong isn't bad, its being the only strong one that I have a problem with.

Negi doesn't need to surpass Rakan if Rakan and Nagi where on the same level, and Fate and Nagi are on the same level as well. It becomes a problem when the manga forgets that its strong point is its large and interesting cast and devolves into Negi gets beat up and Negi wins by pulling something out of his ass while Kotarou, Kaede, Anya, and Asuna watch.

See Bleach for a perfectly good example where a manga has devolved into just repeating itself over and over. Their is very little differencer between Bakuya and Ichigo's fight and the current fight.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-13, 03:40   Link #3063
Wargumm1i
Hentai

I dont know why but I can see it happening that Fate will reveal that he is working for someone even more powerful than he is.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-13, 03:45   Link #3064
danin8r44
The King of the Insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
I dont know why but I can see it happening that Fate will reveal that he is working for someone even more powerful than he is.
There was some reference to him being a doll something along those lines somewhere at sometime.... honestly I'm not sure where I got it from but I'm pretty sure I heard it.
danin8r44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-13, 03:49   Link #3065
Charred Knight

Theirs a couple ways they could do this

One they defeat Fate using Teamwork at which point Fate reveals he works for a higher power whose revealed.

Two they defeat Fate using a small amount of Teamwork saving the huge 30 one one battle for the Big Bad.

Three the Fate battle happens near the end of the series where Fate reveals his working for the Big Bad and Negi must fight him alone as the rest of the bad bad forces force the rest of the cast to fight them

Four Negi turns Super Saiyan and uses the Kamehameha, and Akamatsu reveals that his stopped giving a crap like Toriyama did during Dragonball Z.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-13, 05:18   Link #3066
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by danin8r44 View Post
There was some reference to him being a doll something along those lines somewhere at sometime.... honestly I'm not sure where I got it from but I'm pretty sure I heard it.
Eve called him that when she fought him. But the reason why she called him a doll was because the person she fought wasent the real body just a water copy.
Old 2009-03-13, 12:23   Link #3067
ZeroForever

or by the fact that in the flash back it's noted that the Fate back then was just a minion/creation of the Big Bad of that time period.

And that this is the 3rd version of fate (his real name means 3) so it's likely he's just a artifical human (doll) like the other versions of him.

there's alot more ways that Akumatsu could choose to end the series, he's surprised me enough times that I would hope he wouldn't do something so generic.
Old 2009-03-13, 17:10   Link #3068
Rivenscryr

If I'm not mistaken, Dark Magic is fed by negative emotions, right? And isn't despair often considered the ultimate dark emotion, in contrast to hope? So in losing hope, might not Negi be getting ready to wield the ultimate powers of darkness itself?
Rivenscryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-13, 17:12   Link #3069
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Despair is generally used from the victims to increase the potency of dark magic (in general). Well, you have the usual cliché "hatred" and "destruction hunger" for this kind of magic school.
Old 2009-03-13, 17:15   Link #3070
Rivenscryr

True, but during Negi's training under Rakan, the dark emotion he was able to connect with best *was* despair, the feeling that he would never defeat the foe before him. Sure, hatred is strong, but isn't desperation caused by despair what lets a person exceed his or her limits? A limit break, as it were?
Rivenscryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-13, 18:31   Link #3071
AstroNerdBoy

Early spoilers again. ^_^

http://astronerdboy.blogspot.com/200...er-images.html

BTW, I can't help but want Negi to end up with a complete battle harem -- the ultra-rare mage who can form multiple, permanent contracts and thus have the ultimate army.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-13, 19:06   Link #3072
typhonsentra

Spoiler:
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-13, 22:46   Link #3073
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroNerdBoy View Post
Early spoilers again. ^_^

http://astronerdboy.blogspot.com/200...er-images.html

BTW, I can't help but want Negi to end up with a complete battle harem -- the ultra-rare mage who can form multiple, permanent contracts and thus have the ultimate army.
uh...so...
Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2009-03-14, 17:00   Link #3074
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samanosuke View Post
uh...so...
Spoiler for spoiler:
Spoiler for 245:
That and the fact that the whole chapter is basically a flashback shows why Ako, no matter how she tries to gain my interest, is one of my least favorite characters in Negima:

Spoiler for Reasons for Not Liking Ako:
Old 2009-03-14, 17:24   Link #3075
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
Spoiler for 245:
Spoiler for 245:

Quote:
That and the fact that the whole chapter is basically a flashback shows why Ako, no matter how she tries to gain my interest, is one of my least favorite characters in Negima:

I agree with your points , pretty much feel the same thing.
Old 2009-03-14, 19:49   Link #3076
Pong

Quote:

Word! Exactly my sentiment's here. I just want to see the "rescue Asuna" arc
Pong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-15, 00:56   Link #3077
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Well I dont dislike Ako or anything, she is just an uninteresting character and its just the only thing that makes her presences notes is the scar on her back, and she is often near Akira who is actually an interesting character.
Old 2009-03-15, 07:04   Link #3078
Zetsuen_no_Myuu
ボクは、ボクを全て殺す

So it seems the match won't end with 245. It did, however, concluded Ako's story and the wrapped up the blackmail/deal from Tosaka.

Instead of turning him in, Tosaka pitied Ako? and settled for punching Negi instead. That's some harbored resentment and feelings there from Tosaka...taking his past into account.

No pactio between Negi and Ako, was more like a farewell kiss to Nagi. Ako still believes in Negi, who really is Nagi. At least she is moving forward and not moping.
Zetsuen_no_Myuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-16, 06:48   Link #3079
Dark Mage

So Ako is in love with Nagi and not Negi right? So it means that she won't be persuing Negi romantically like Nodoka and Yui right?
Dark Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-16, 08:12   Link #3080
Wargumm1i
Hentai

God knows what that girl is thinking.

Tags
action, fantasy