AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2010-03-27, 09:39   Link #7161
luckyssol

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlove27 View Post
Thank You and if you could sum up the last thing Ange was talking about with Featherine that would help too. Sorry if I'm asking for too much.
After they finished the story Ange realized that Battler is not coming back and everyone died on that day. Featherine dismissed her as her miku and they returned to the real world.

Juuza had already left before Ange and was on the phone with Okonogi. Hachijou thanked her for reading the story and Ange left Hachijou’s home. Before Ange left she asked Hachijou if she was actually the character in her story known as ‘Featherine’. Hachijou dodged the question and then Ange left. Ange didn’t overhear any of Juuza’s conversation with Okonogi and they left for Niijima.
Old 2010-03-27, 09:47   Link #7162
Midnight Bliss
Radiant as the sun;
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Midnight Bliss
I'm a slow person, so i'm very sorry 8D but um, I interpret the tip as basically telling us that Shkanon is basically a red herring that's keeping us from the truth? Like, there's many things along the way that seem convincing, but in the end, we keep backtracking ourselves and we're always coming to "Shkanon" as the answer, when it's really a trap.
;-; yeah, so I wanted to know if i'm the only slow one and such, haha. if not, please explain to me if it's alright. D:
Midnight Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-27, 09:57   Link #7163
Used Can

Unless EP6 was one massive troll, and I doubt it, then I'd say no.
Honestly, I think people should wait until EP6's patch is out, read the episode, and then arrive to their own conclusions, but not before.
Old 2010-03-27, 10:09   Link #7164
goldenlove27
Tortured Pet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssol View Post
After they finished the story Ange realized that Battler is not coming back and everyone died on that day. Featherine dismissed her as her miku and they returned to the real world.

Juuza had already left before Ange and was on the phone with Okonogi. Hachijou thanked her for reading the story and Ange left Hachijou’s home. Before Ange left she asked Hachijou if she was actually the character in her story known as ‘Featherine’. Hachijou dodged the question and then Ange left. Ange didn’t overhear any of Juuza’s conversation with Okonogi and they left for Niijima.
Thank you again. You really helped me out with this. Now I can think freely on how Ange and Juuza will contribute to EP 7 without much worry...
goldenlove27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-27, 10:40   Link #7165
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Quote:
Regrading the game that occured in the past that Bern and Lambda have talked about, there was another TIP recently released that might give a clue.

Thanks to crystalweaver on LJ for the translation:
Whose tea party?
AUAUrora?

Now hanyuu is definietly back
Old 2010-03-27, 10:49   Link #7166
chronotrig

Spoiler for chrono:
Spoiler for chrono:
Spoiler for chrono:
Spoiler for chrono:
Edit:
Spoiler for chrono:

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-27, 11:05   Link #7167
ijriims

Quote:
I am actually more concerned about what Okonogi said about "world peace" when he and Juuza were talking about Ange.

---------------------------------------

For the trap told in the new EXTRA TIPS, which has been adopted back even though the readers had dismissed earlier as trap after reading EP6?

Ryu07 (Featherine) is disappointed by people falling into such an obvious trap.

Battler, you have already known it, right?

Without Love, it cannot be seen.
ijriims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-27, 11:07   Link #7168
luckyssol

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
Looked at this way, I think every magic scene in EP2 can be said to have a direct explanation. The only tricky one is the final closed room, but the symbolism here seems pretty plain to me. When in the chapel, George and Gohda see "Beatrice" floating right behind Shannon, and gold butterflies chase them all the way to Natsuhi's room. Replace this with Shannon switching to the Beatrice personality and marching them back to Natsuhi's room at gunpoint, and you have an almost direct parallel.
Hmm... how sure are you that she would point the gun at George? It seems as though everything we have been shown so far would make it impossible for her to do something like that to George.
Quote:
Battler was just an inch away from exposing the truth and preventing all the murders in EP1. Unfortunately, Jessica had to spoil his fun at the last second and is therefore responsible for the entire tragedy. Sort of.
I was going to say that you are about to be lynched by all the Jessica fans but you got the "Sort of." at the end as a way out of it.
Old 2010-03-27, 11:34   Link #7169
chronotrig

Quote:
Hmm... how sure are you that she would point the gun at George? It seems as though everything we have been shown so far would make it impossible for her to do something like that to George.
Spoiler for chrono:

Last edited by chronotrig; 2010-03-27 at 11:44.
Old 2010-03-27, 11:57   Link #7170
LyricalAura
Dea ex Kakera

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijriims View Post
For the trap told in the new EXTRA TIPS, which has been adopted back even though the readers had dismissed earlier as trap after reading EP6?

Ryu07 (Featherine) is disappointed by people falling into such an obvious trap.
This made me realize something. Folks are suddenly supporting Shkanon because of EP6, but isn't that backwards? Because EP6 was written by Tohya, which means she already believed in Shkanon before she started writing it. She designed the episode to illustrate her theory. The meta-narrative set up a situation where the story was read to Featherine as if she didn't know it yet, but that's just Tohya's trick to lead the reader to her conclusion, right?
LyricalAura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-27, 12:03   Link #7171
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalAura View Post
This made me realize something. Folks are suddenly supporting Shkanon because of EP6, but isn't that backwards? Because EP6 was written by Tohya, which means she already believed in Shkanon before she started writing it. She designed the episode to illustrate her theory. The meta-narrative set up a situation where the story was read to Featherine as if she didn't know it yet, but that's just Tohya's trick to lead the reader to her conclusion, right?
I don't think Tohya wrote anything. In my theory, Tohya is just Featherinne's guess at the correct answer. As I've suggested, it's impossible to prove Featherinne's theory wrong, but I think Tohya herself is the trick, not anything she wrote.
As Ange asks, "which of you is the real one, Tohya or Featherinne"? In other words, is Featherinne just a part of Tohya's story, or is Tohya part of Featherinne's theory on the games? Since Featherinne is called "the Witch of Theatergoing" and seems like she's going to be a major actor in EP7, I find the latter explanation more satisfying.

But again, impossible to prove either way.

Old 2010-03-27, 12:28   Link #7172
luckyssol

Quote:
I don't think Tohya wrote anything. In my theory, Tohya is just Featherinne's guess at the correct answer. As I've suggested, it's impossible to prove Featherinne's theory wrong, but I think Tohya herself is the trick, not anything she wrote.
As Ange asks, "which of you is the real one, Tohya or Featherinne"? In other words, is Featherinne just a part of Tohya's story, or is Tohya part of Featherinne's theory on the games? Since Featherinne is called "the Witch of Theatergoing" and seems like she's going to be a major actor in EP7, I find the latter explanation more satisfying.

But again, impossible to prove either way.
Assuming Hachijou is part of Featherine's theory, what about the conversation between Okonogi and Juuza? Neither Ange nor Hachijou/Featherine observed it.

In my opinion, since this event occurred without any kind of meta observation it was a real world event. Like you said, there really isn't any way to prove it either way.
Old 2010-03-27, 12:40   Link #7173
chronotrig

Quote:
Assuming Hachijou is part of Featherine's theory, what about the conversation between Okonogi and Juuza? Neither Ange nor Hachijou/Featherine observed it.
Actually, that's the reason I first thought this was her theory. Whether that part was right or wrong, plenty of fans have guessed that the "stakes" killing Kasumi's troops were actually Juuza sniping. And plenty of people have guessed that Juuza might kill Ange afterwards, since the endscroll says she dies less than 3 months after jumping off the skyscraper. We know that Ryuukishi likes putting fan theories into the game, and that's exactly what this feels like.

This wouldn't necessarily mean that Featherinne's guess was wrong, just that it was her guess.

Quote:
In my opinion, since this event occurred without any kind of meta observation it was a real world event. Like you said, there really isn't any way to prove it either way.
It happened without any meta observation, but it also happened with zero concrete context. How in the world are we supposed to be seeing this scene, or any of the Ange/Hachijo scenes? To me, the most simple explanation is that Featherinne is the real one and Hachijo is the illusion.

Old 2010-03-27, 13:04   Link #7174
luckyssol

Quote:
We know that Ryuukishi likes putting fan theories into the game, and that's exactly what this feels like.
Quoted for truth.
Quote:
It happened without any meta observation, but it also happened with zero concrete context. How in the world are we supposed to be seeing this scene, or any of the Ange/Hachijo scenes? To me, the most simple explanation is that Featherinne is the real one and Hachijo is the illusion.
Assuming the real world is in 1998 there are no problems.

I think it would be a very interesting ending to have the final episode take place in 1998 with Ange, Juuza, Okonogi, new 1998 characters, etc. Mabye it'll even take place on Rokkenjima.
Old 2010-03-27, 13:08   Link #7175
chronotrig

Quote:
Assuming the real world is in 1998 there are no problems.

I think it would be a very interesting ending to have the final episode take place in 1998 with Ange, Juuza, Okonogi, new 1998 characters, etc. Mabye it'll even take place on Rokkenjima.
Well, my point here is that every scene in the game so far has had some way of reaching the meta-characters. For example, all of the Ange scenes were witnessed by Meta-Battler as Ange was dying.

Of course, if Featherinne's theory is right, then the ending you suggest is very likely to occur at some point. And of course, it is possible that these scenes are completely real.

Old 2010-03-27, 15:46   Link #7176
Kylon99

Quote:
Well, my point here is that every scene in the game so far has had some way of reaching the meta-characters. For example, all of the Ange scenes were witnessed by Meta-Battler as Ange was dying.

Of course, if Featherinne's theory is right, then the ending you suggest is very likely to occur at some point. And of course, it is possible that these scenes are completely real.
There's one other option other than Amakusa shooting Ange at the end. And that's Ange runs off with Amakusa, abandoning her name and living in disguise. In that way she could be declared 'dead.' I'm sure there's a bunch of 'ship' related people out there that would be happy with that possibility.
Kylon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-27, 15:58   Link #7177
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylon99 View Post
There's one other option other than Amakusa shooting Ange at the end. And that's Ange runs off with Amakusa, abandoning her name and living in disguise. In that way she could be declared 'dead.' I'm sure there's a bunch of 'ship' related people out there that would be happy with that possibility.
Especially if/Unless Amakusa is Battler

Old 2010-03-27, 16:25   Link #7178
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Spoiler for chrono:
There is no evidence whatsoever that Piece-Battler accepting magic was Meta-Beatrice's goal at any point. And Meta-Battler is the only one who provably understands the entire "accept the witch" thing, the nature of magic, or the Golden Land itself. Other than Maria, Piece-Battler has no one on the board to tell him anything about the witches or magic, so he is never actually going to accept the witch (in ep2 it is not provable what, if anything, he actually does). The multiple episodes are clearly for someone's benefit, but that someone isn't Piece-Battler, because he doesn't and can't remember them.

On the board, how exactly did this elaborate plan go into place when they didn't even know when or if Battler would ever come back to the conference to begin with? If it's so important he knows, go out and convince him wherever he is.

Sorry, not buying it. You're intentionally conflating information the two Battlers don't both know. And no, I'm not going to ignore the "messy details" even temporarily, because they're important and they make this not make sense. One may as well say "Okay, ignore for a minute the red denying Battler as culprit, let's investigate the evidence that he is the culprit." Sure, we could do that, but it's pointless.
Quote:
Spoiler for chrono:
I'm not even sure that I understand where you're going with this. How do you know which meta-levels are abstracted, which exist within the allegedly-written stories, and which don't, when no one has told us the content of those stories? Ange seems to recognize that Alliance, End, and Dawn exist, but are they the exact same stories or not? Is Ange/Featherinne part of Dawn? One would think not, but did Ange-3 even actually read any such thing, or is that even further abstracted?

From a non-Author Theory perspective, what is the explanation for the lack of a meta-narrative in ep1?
Quote:
Spoiler for chrono:
This is just ridiculous. Where is the proof of any of this, or even any evidence whatsoever? When did Shannon get a gun in ep2 and why didn't they know she had it? How does a delusional nutcase hold a dozen people hostage by herself? Why is her ep4 death in the place that it is, and why is Nanjo dead so close to her? Questions aren't being answered, they're just being reshuffled. Good answers make things easier to understand, not harder.
Quote:
Spoiler for chrono:
Well, obviously, as that's Battler's personality.
Quote:
Spoiler:
How would Battler understanding his role in things actually prevent the murders? In fact, if the culprit's mindset and resolution is as you described, the murders must go on anyway because not everyone's happiness has yet been achieved.
Quote:
Edit:
Spoiler for chrono:
That's frightfully evil. Does she not know that the gold actually exists, or does she? If not I could sort of see it in a delusional "the gold will be granted through magic" sense, but if she has actual knowledge that the gold is real, why can't she just give it to them? The theory has yet to impose an adequate moral necessity for the chosen culprit to engage in the murders. If the culprit is a sociopath or schemer, the murders could be necessitated by someone with a sick mind or ends-justify-means attitude. But if the culprit is pitiable or innocent, their morality just doesn't work in this fashion.

Honestly, the theory is only going downhill from where it was. It's not answering anything to my satisfaction, and where it does, it just poses new questions that are ridiculously implausible to even posit because they make no sense of the behavior of the individual characters. I can't help but think you're off track.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylon99
I wanted to go over this some other time in greater detail, but here's my problem with Amakusa-is-Battler:

What a gigantic dick.

Seriously. Okay, assume it's true. Battler survives and becomes Amakusa. Ange lives twelve years with her entire family dead other than Eva whose relationship breaks down out of suspicions that could have been dispelled by Battler if he were truly alive. Ange's life is nearly hell for her and the one person she wished would most have come home not only did survive, but didn't come home to her. Forget Battler's sin toward Beatrice, that's just unforgivable.

Oh, and it gets better. Ep3 may not be the "true" predecessor to 1998 anyway, so how do we even know that Eva and Battler had any conflict at all? We don't. For all we know, Eva thought Battler was dead too. I'm certain that she would have welcomed him if he were alive (if she didn't think he was the killer), given that she apparently at least tried to be nice to Ange.

And worse yet, Amakusa is close to Ange yet never manages to reveal anything to her, but goes gallavanting around the world risking his life before giving her even a tiny hint of his true identity.

Seriously, that's a dumb thing to be doing without an incredibly good reason. Who is he afraid of? If it's Eva, he has every opportunity to tell Ange once they're on the run. If it's Kasumi, what's stopping him from doing it while Eva is alive and able to protect him and Ange from the Sumaderas?

It just doesn't add up any other way than Amakusa being a total cheeseball. Of course if he's not Battler, then there wasn't anything to say.
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-27, 16:41   Link #7179
Kylon99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
It just doesn't add up any other way than Amakusa being a total cheeseball. Of course if he's not Battler, then there wasn't anything to say.
I don't think it's plausible he's the Battler we know. He could be the *other* Battler we don't know but without a proper back history, I don't see what that changes.

Because ultimately we have a small but consistent characterization of him already. This is meta-gaming again, but I don't think an author would suddenly U-turn a character's character without proper foreshadowing since it would jeopardize his name... 8)

By the way regarding Hachijou and the Author Theory, it isn't without precedent that something this crazy has happened before. At first I was thinking about Stephen King's Misery and IT, where essentially his main characters are novelists. But then I remembered reading the wiki page on Dark Tower about how Stephen King is a character in his own novel and the characters realize they needed to save him in order to keep their own universe alive.
Kylon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-27, 16:59   Link #7180
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronotrig
Spoiler for chrono:

This just leaves too many questions for me.

Ep2: What do the Butterflies represent to Rosa? What do the Goats represent? What was with Maria loading a gun when she's never had training? Who killed Kumasawa and Nanjo? Who left them outside? If we beleive episode 5 and think those deaths were faked and that they were killed somewhere else later. The only people you have available is George's group and Genji said they had been gone for about 2 to 3 hours so they had plenty of time to kill people. It literally is George's group too because if you believe that scene he lead the whole situation.

Also why were the red marks on the door? Couldn't Kumasawa and Nanjo do it?

Ep4: Why beleive anyone was locked up in a prison at all? There is no proof that a prison exists in the Kuwadorian. Just that everyone in that group died. If you beleive it's a prison then why is Shannon the jailer? Why can't it be Kyrie or Krauss or even Nanjo? Besides the prisoners the jailer could be anybody in that episode. You also have to explain: why isn't Shannon locked up when the rest are? Why try to convince Battler of magic through the phones rather than closed rooms? Episode 4 had virtually no closed room murders. Why convince him Kinzo is the murderer? In episode 4 for a majority of the episode Battler thought Kinzo was behind the whole thing and then everybody told him Demons and witches did it. Why the sudden change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
I wanted to go over this some other time in greater detail, but here's my problem with Amakusa-is-Battler:

What a gigantic dick.
The idea came from Shirou being Archer in the future in fate/staynight. So I agree he really is a giant dick if this is true. It's more likely from his Hair color that he's a sumadera and that Ryukishi's going for a "he's actually Kasumi or Kyrie's son twist". Since the Sumaderas hate her and all...

Or maybe he's Jessica I dunno... Battler gets shot dead, but who knows if Jessica survived or not?

Last edited by Judoh; 2010-03-27 at 17:19.
Judoh is offline   Reply With Quote