AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass: Akito the Exiled OVA - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 2 18.18%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 1 9.09%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 54.55%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 9.09%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-09-19, 10:38   Link #501
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Oh? Where'd you hear that Suzaku is going to kill Akito?
Just a theory if they follow the old storyboard.

Suzaku, together with Gino and Anya are the knight of the round conquer europe and defeat totally the european army.

So, if Suzaku is the one destroy the alexander squad and kill everyone, it's the more understandable result.
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 11:54   Link #502
Destined_Fate

Would they really risk bloodying his hands even more? I don't think it would be a good move to get viewers to like Akito's team than have Suzaku kill them all.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 13:31   Link #503
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Do you remember the beginning of R2?
Suzaku was know in europe like the "white killer" or always with that kind of surname.

And you see him alone make a massacre against europe panzer-hummel.

Japan heroes are always murderers, because for their culture/samurai code to kill enemies is the right thing.
Old 2012-09-19, 14:26   Link #504
Destined_Fate

No, what I'm saying is that viewers are being groomed to like Akito's team. It would cause a ton of hate onto Suzaku if he kills them in the end. It's one thing to say Suzaku killed a lot of nameless/faceless people but it's another to get fans attached to the team than have Suzaku kill them, that fans would start to care.
Old 2012-09-19, 16:11   Link #505
duckroll
綺羅星★!

It's confirmed: http://www.jp.playstation.com/psn/st.../01/index.html

Coming to the JP Playstation Store tomorrow in both SD and HD rental formats. 600yen for SD, 800yen for HD.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 16:18   Link #506
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Quote:
No, what I'm saying is that viewers are being groomed to like Akito's team. It would cause a ton of hate onto Suzaku if he kills them in the end. It's one thing to say Suzaku killed a lot of nameless/faceless people but it's another to get fans attached to the team than have Suzaku kill them, that fans would start to care.
Suzaku was already know like a fraticidal and traitor, after all he becomed a britannia soldier more before the akito time period story.

Akito & co. from a point of view are a sort of solitary army squad refused by europe army, so at last suzaku, if the event will happen, he'll kill "invisible people".
Old 2012-09-19, 16:20   Link #507
gordol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
It's confirmed: http://www.jp.playstation.com/psn/st.../01/index.html

Coming to the JP Playstation Store tomorrow in both SD and HD rental formats. 600yen for SD, 800yen for HD.
Hopefully raw'll be available fast
gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 21:02   Link #508
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzo View Post
Suzaku was already know like a fraticidal and traitor, after all he becomed a britannia soldier more before the akito time period story.

Akito & co. from a point of view are a sort of solitary army squad refused by europe army, so at last suzaku, if the event will happen, he'll kill "invisible people".
I know that, I'm talking about CG fans/viewers. They, for the most part, don't really hate Suzaku even if he killed Lelouch and stopped any of the final ships from sailing. Though having Suzaku kill Akito and his harem... I mean friends might push those fans over the edge.
Old 2012-09-20, 01:56   Link #509
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
I know that, I'm talking about CG fans/viewers. They, for the most part, don't really hate Suzaku even if he killed Lelouch and stopped any of the final ships from sailing. Though having Suzaku kill Akito and his harem... I mean friends might push those fans over the edge.
Who cares? You don't write the story to make the fans happy. It's a story, and at this point in the story Suzaku is, without question, murdering boatloads of people all across Europe. They can't arbitrarily reverse his characterization at this point to make him seem noble when he is not (well, they can, but it'd be stupid). He's the "surrender or die" guy right now, simple as that.

The only way this will end up good for Akito and co. is if they decide to cut out early (thus leaving his defeat and eventuality instead of an ending), or if their particular region manages to hold on up to the start of R2 timeline-wise.
Old 2012-09-20, 09:34   Link #510
Destined_Fate

Profits care.
Old 2012-09-20, 09:42   Link #511
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Look, about akito merchandise project, bandai made few plans, just 2-3 robot spirits, 1 gunpla (already out) and maybe two pvc figures, still on the paper.

Oh yes, a 1000 pcs jigsaw puzzle (out already):

http://www.hlj.com/product/AMD17340
Old 2012-09-20, 11:08   Link #512
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Suzaku, in order to give more rights to his people, aid in the enslavement of continental Europe. This is a fact. Even Suzaku fans know he is being stupid and selfish by doing this.

People didn't become a fan of Suzaku because he is somehow a saint. He is a broken and deep down, mentally insane little boy who wanted to be a martyr. That's what made him interesting.

The same way Lulu is a pathological liar who lies so much and so often, that he even lies to himself. Fandom is about being fans of the characters themselves, not to worship a fake non existent version of them.
Old 2012-09-20, 11:38   Link #513
Destined_Fate

You're not getting what I'm saying. So far Suzaku has killed ony nameless people that viewers don't have a connection with except Lelouch. Having viewers fall for Akito's team and than having Suzaku later kill everyone will not sit well with the fanbase that didn't like the bad ending they go already with R2, giving them another bad end would be pretty harsh.
Old 2012-09-20, 11:55   Link #514
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
You're not getting what I'm saying. So far Suzaku has killed ony nameless people that viewers don't have a connection with except Lelouch. Having viewers fall for Akito's team and than having Suzaku later kill everyone will not sit well with the fanbase that didn't like the bad ending they go already with R2, giving them another bad end would be pretty harsh.
They wouldn't ALL die. Sunrise doesn't do that sort of thing. The story will at least last to the epilogue when the four-loli alliance forms. There will be survivors. We just klow they will lose the war, not that they will die.

There is also the fact that Sunrise knows Suzaku can't lose or he would break the space time continuum. So they would know to use him only sparingly. Fights gets boring if you know one side is effectively immortal.
Old 2012-09-20, 12:01   Link #515
AleX_MytH

Quote:
We just klow they will lose the war, not that they will die.
And sometimes it's a sadder type of ending than where everebody dies. They exchange their beliefs for the safety, start to live in shame etc.
AleX_MytH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 12:17   Link #516
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Profits care.
Then it's a good thing profits don't rely on some idealized version of a flawed character. People buy DVDs and other merchandise because the show as a whole is engaging. Get over this idea that Suzaku is somehow so critical that they cannot possibly show him doing any wrong. He's the bad guy, end of story, and they've set up the story in such a way that the bad guy has to win.
Old 2012-09-20, 12:33   Link #517
Destined_Fate

When did I say Suzaku was critical? You're coming off way too hostile just because I told you something you didn't want to hear. If you're going to be throwing a fit than why bother responding to me?
Old 2012-09-20, 12:49   Link #518
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

When you imply profits will suffer because Suzaku's character is tarnished, you've admitted that you find his character so critical to the show's success that it would fail if he were to do something bad.

If you don't want that kind of response, something more substantial than "profits care" is required to get your point across.
Old 2012-09-20, 12:57   Link #519
azul120

He'll probably be broken up over it if he ends up doing the deed.

Besides, anyone sane enough will know this is pre-R2. Near the end of the latter, almost all the hate was transferred over to Ohgi.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 14:49   Link #520
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
When you imply profits will suffer because Suzaku's character is tarnished, you've admitted that you find his character so critical to the show's success that it would fail if he were to do something bad.

If you don't want that kind of response, something more substantial than "profits care" is required to get your point across.
No, you're just saying what you're thinking not what I said. Geez, you need to take a chill pill already. We get it, you hate Suzaku and that's fine but it has nothing to do with the conversation and R2 is long over. Get over it already.