Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2015-11-13, 07:04   Link #2601
Liddo-kun
is this so?

@Richard

That's a nice cosplay. And looks like you had fun at the convention. :3

@Palsa-san

Yeah, that took me by surprise too. Looks like the spirit of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni is still alive. Oh, and Rika Hikari had Rena's hat too. But for some reason, she doesn't like to wear it. So we just did shoots without the hat.

Well, the Otaku Expo (August) report was vocally criticized the other day by one of my cosplayer friends that it is too short. xD
Hmm, would make up for that on the next writeup. BOA 2015 is a rather long one. I'm sorting pics from it right after typing this post.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-13, 16:20   Link #2602
RichardFromMarple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palsa-San View Post
Cool cosplay Richard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
@Richard

That's a nice cosplay. And looks like you had fun at the convention. :3
Thanks both of you, it was one of the best events I've been to this year.

It's one of the few Japanese themed conventions local to me, next year there's going to be at least 2, which I'm looking forward to.

Most events are a general sci-fi / comicbook theme, but always get a fair share of anime / manga cosplays & stalls.
RichardFromMarple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-22, 09:53   Link #2603
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Best of Anime 2015 (day 2)

Well, it's the time of the year once again. Best of Anime is a large anime convention held each year at SMX. Have always been waiting for this convention, it's my favorite among the others. The place of the event is large, the staff is good at crowd control, and plenty of good things happen here - in my experience at least.

Without any further delay, here are the pics.

This pic is taken before we left the house. Came to the event with my friends Mich (Alice in Wonderland cosplay), MJ (Junko Enoshima from Danganronpa), and Jen (Mirai Kuriyama).

We arrived at SMX Convention Center in the afternoon

Time: approximately 1 pm
Place: SMX Convention Center second floor

Hoping to see Starmarie performance, I went up to the second floor alone and in a hurry. Will just meet up with the others later in the afternoon.

Of course, you need a ticket to get in. xD

Place: inside the function room

First cosplay that I saw inside is a Ririchiyo Shirakiin cosplay by Jhezie. Well, this is a good start. Let's move on.

Next cosplayer that I saw is our good friend Arielle-chan. Just arrived and saw a friend already, it's a small world indeed. Cosplaying as Meirin from Kuroshitsuji. She has the "number 10" on her costume, because she's going to join the Interschool Cosplay Competition later this day.

. .

Say goodbye to Arielle-chan, and continue to explore the function room. Here are some of the things that you can see when you enter.

. . .

Unfortunately... I'm too late. Starmarie performance is already over. Last year I was able to see them perform, but this year they performed at a much earlier time. desuuuu :____;

Well, there's still some band performance. I've managed to record two.
The first song is a filipino language version of Magic Knight Rayearth opening theme by evening "Tea Time" band. The second band performance is the opening song of Dragonball Z - sorry, was not able to hear the band name that performed it.

And the name of the third band is Miracle Sanctuary. Their vocalist has a good voice imo. :3

Well, there are more bands but my camera doesn't have infinite storage. Just wanted the people here at Animesuki to see what we saw (and heard) there. So let's move on now. ^^

Walking a bit more. I see my friend April, cosplaying as a character from Dragon Nest. She's working at one of the booths.

. . .

Sasha cosplaying as Karuta Roromiya

Time: a little past 2 pm

A Yozora cosplay by Michi. Hmm, nice to see that there are still some Haganai cosplayers. It's a good anime.

Angel M. cosplaying as Taiga from Toradora

Kaitlin C. as Yui Hirasawa from K-On

And here you can see Monya! She's a member of the Starmarie idol group. She's doing a solo cosplay performance on stage. Sorry for shaky vid - it's so crowded and people are pushing. It's her birthday.

I have a second video of her that is not so shaky. Will show it later on this writeup. ",)

Maid cosplay by Alex. Hmm, looks like she's advertising something. You can read the message on the paper. ^^

. .

I now walked toward the shops again. And I see one more meido cosplayer.

Maid cosplay by Mikee. She has a cam, and she's active in taking pics of cosplayers at the convention.

For Isabela, shop owned by Olive Uy. You can see some interesting souvenirs at this shop. We owe her a lot, because she's the one who helped my friend Mj finish the Miku Izayoi costume that was used last year at Christmas Toycon.

. .
Spoiler:

Ryuko cosplay by Abegail

Czarinah Anne copslaying as cute schoolgirl.

Maki Nishikino (Awakened Cheongsam version), cosplay by Jessica. So cute, and probabaly one of the better shots I took that day.

Charlene cosplaying as Futaba yoshioka of Ao Haru Ride. We had a good bit of chat, since we both watched and liked the anime. I suggested that she might also like to watch Kimi ni Todoke, since it is a similar show and just as good imo.

. .

Alois Trancy cosplay by Rain

Time: almost 4 pm in the afternoon
Place: second floor, inside function room 3 and 4

Kyla sempai cosplaying as Umi Sonoda from Love Live. Hmm, first time I've seen someone cosplay the maid cafe version with long skirt. :3

Have 3 shots, but the third one is too blurred. gomen. Blurred pic is inside spoiler tag. ><

Spoiler:

Walked towards the exit because there's probably plenty of cosplayers outside as well. Took shots of cosplayers standing near the exit.

Ib and Gary cosplay by Yuki Matsumoto and Yuu

Mae-chan cosplaying as Rin from Love Live (No Brand Girls version). Cute pose. ^^

Rory Mercury from Gate - Thus the JSDF Fought There. Cosplay by Rachelle

Reyshel cosplaying as Kotori Minami (Snow version) from Love Live. So many Love Live cosplayers today. Well, the show is quite popular here...

Time: almost 5 pm in the afternoon
Place: second floor of SMX, outside the function rooms

Ok, let's take a stroll outisde before the day ends. There are nice cosplays outside too.

Erishin and Shujin cosplaying as Touka Kirishima and Maki Nishikino

Nico Yazawa cosplay by Melody Schnee

I reach the end of the hallway, and there I see.. well, more Love Live cosplayers. Settie-chan cosplaying as maid cafe version of Kotori, also in the pic is her friend Kyla sempai.

. .

Kaname Madoka from Madoka Magica. Cosplay by Jezelle.

Saw my friend Jen. Well, she's with her photographer friends - chatted a bit and we would stay for about an hour more before going home.

Guru Clef cosplay by Axis. This version of Clef is from the special Rayearth episodes.

. .

Time: almost 5 pm
Place: Inside function rooms 3 and 4

Kaoru Miyazono cosplay by Coleen. Nice cosplay from a good anime. I still remember how it ended. ;_;

Nekozawa Nakahara cosplaying as Karuta Roromiya from Inu x Boku

Rin Kagamine cosplay by Kyonji

. . .

Honoka Kousaka (Mogyutto version) from Love Live School Idol Project. Cosplay by Kimbie

And then I see some familiar people. It's my friends Krisha and Avegail - they're cosplaying as Haruna and Hiei two of the 4 Kongou sisters from Kantai Collection anime. :3

. .

Pat cosplaying as a Hibiki from Kantai Collection

Mary Kozakura from Kagerou Project. Cosplay by Prichelle

At this part of the day. I'm already tired, just walking around taking as much pics as possible before going home. Well, the day is not over yet! ^^

Nina and Ira cosplaying as japanese schoolgirls

And I meet one more friend before the day ends. ^^

Anjeline cosplaying as Nozomi Tojo (Candy version) from Love Live. Well, it's nice to meet you again Angel-chan. Thought she was working at one of the tables, but after a conversation - she was just doing something else there. xD

Well, you're still a good cosplayer Angel-chan. Keep it up.

. . . .

Kotori Itsuka from Date A Live. Cosplay by Rhai

There's still planty of activity at the stage even in the late afternoon. :3

Saw some more Kantai Collection cosplayers. Dyan as Hibiki and Phebe as Amatsukaze

And one more surprise for the day. Saw Starmarie, and managed to get near to them. Monya (Kotori cosplay) is the only dressed differently, because it's her birthday.

Managed to take a video of them.

And some pics.

. .

And now it's time to take the final shots for the day.

Mizu Kimi cosplaying as Misaki Mei from Another. She said that "why go home so early". She still has plenty of energy. Sorry for blurred, my hands are already tired.

Yugi Nagato cosplay by Kyra

Mai Nyan Nyan cosplaying as Akazukin Cha Cha. Didn't expect, and glad to see that see that someone is still cosplaying characters from this anime. ^^

. .

Saw Coleen again. Actually, the first time that we met - I was not able to ask her name, this is the time that I was able to ask and write her name down on my mini notebook.

Time: almost 6 pm in the afternoon
Place: SMX seecond floor, outside the function rooms

Meet up again with friends. MJ (Junko) is already tired, but Mich still has plenty of smiles left. :3

Now walking to the carpark.. taking pics of cosplayers that we meet along the way..

Battleship Bismarck from Kantai Collection. Cosplay done by Yuuko Ishikawa

Two Mirai Kuriyama! Mirai idol version by Khimmy, and the seifuku version is done by Jhelly. Even in the afternoon, when most people are tired - there's still plenty of good smiles in this convention.

Sad to go home.. but all conventions do have an end.

Place: first floor of SMX convention center

Rikka Takanashi cosplay by Jane, and a Lolita cosplay by Hanah.

Nica cosplaying as Caithlyn

. .

Place: stairs outside SMX

Last pic for the day is a cute Umaru-chan cosplay by Scarlet. Ok. here's a bit of a funny thing.. usually, I post pics of cosplayers here in Animesuki - then I look for the cosplayers on FB. However, this time.. and the first time in 4 years since 2011 - a cosplayer found me first before I posted her pic here. Scarlet said that we have five mutual friend. I guess Umaru is good at finding people. xD

Well, that's it. Goodbye BOA 2015, and hoping to come back again next year for BOA 2016. Thank you for the good memories. ",)

Pics from a friend:

She also attended the convention, but we did not encounter each other.

DISCLAIMER: these photos were not shot by me. Credits goes to the photographer.

Mikasa Ackerman from the anime Shingeki no Kyoujin. Cosplay by Christine Joy Mckeehan

Spoiler:

Pics taken at home:

Anime pins. Always bought these at cons, they're good as souvenirs and cheap too.

Booklets from the convention

These pics were taken before we left the house. We eat a lot at home, so we only have to eat snacks at cons. Saves money. :3

. .

Well, that's all. Thank you for reading, next convention writeup will be about Cool Japan 2015. ",)

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2015-12-27 at 17:49.
Old 2015-11-24, 04:17   Link #2604
Palsa-San
General of Aurda
*Graphic Designer

Sounds like you had a lot of fun, awesome report Liddo-kun.
There were a lot of great cosplays at the convention. ^_^
Old 2015-11-24, 05:35   Link #2605
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Glad you liked it. :3

Yeah, got dead tired but a lot of fun indeed. If anyone wants to visit our country to see an anime convention - I recommend this one. ^^
Old 2015-11-25, 18:21   Link #2606
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Sorry for the very late reply, Liddo-kun. In fact, I'm replying to your 2nd last cosplay/convention extravaganza, not your most recent one. I might get to your most recent one later on. For now, though, I want to focus exclusively on your 2nd most recent one, since I think it deserves that sort of attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
Otaku Expo 2015 (day 2)

Otaku Expo 2015 is a convention held last August 8 and 9. Held at Megatrade Hall 1 of SM Megamall. We attended the second day. Ohayou everyone. Sorry, done it again. Another super delayed writeup. I need to improve on being early. desu >.<

Our purpose for going to this convention is to get props. Well, of course, taking pics while we are at the convention is something that is fun to do. ^^

Without any further delay, here are the pics:
All of the cosplay pics were very nice. The quality of costumes almost always stand out well, and it's especially good how a lot of the cosplayers put some effort into acting as the characters being cosplayed.

My favorite from this event:

Magnificent. Truly captured Krul Tepes completely here, which is no small feat!

Honorable Mentions:
http://www.imagebam.com/image/58108d445911814
http://www.imagebam.com/image/f21321445912009
http://www.imagebam.com/image/0a1447446301090

All of these were excellent costumes with good posing (particularly for Rena). Nice to see Rena is still remembered after all these years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardFromMarple View Post
Here are 2 photos of my cosplaying as Porco Rosso at Doki Doki held in Manchester.

I was pleased to be asked for a photo at least 12 times during the day.

I'll upload some photos I took myself soon.
That pig-nose/shades combo is epic.

Very good job there.
Old 2015-11-25, 18:51   Link #2607
Liddo-kun
is this so?

@Triple R

Thanks for the comment. Actually, that's the first time that I saw Krul Tepes - have not yet watched Owari no Seraph. And I think her character design is great.
Old 2015-11-26, 16:23   Link #2608
RichardFromMarple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post

That pig-nose/shades combo is epic.

Very good job there.
Thanks, I originally was using some old prescription glasses with tinted lenses taped in but was lucky to find some sunglasses the right size & shape in a bargain store.

If you didn't notice I'm wearing my normal glasses underneath them.

I might cut the string off the nose & use spirit gun, but I'm not sure it will stick OK as it's silicone, & it gets hot to wear for a long time.

Me with my friend Amy as Peko Chan
RichardFromMarple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-11, 19:01   Link #2609
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Cool Japan Festival 2015 (day 2)

Hi. Here to report again on another convention. Cool Japan Festival was held for two days at Trinoma mall, on November 7 and 8. I attended the second day. Well, this one is a bit special from the others - because if's more of an "idol convention" than a cosplay one. But the japanese and local performers all wear cute costumes (and Alodia is cosplaying as a version of Hatsune), so I guess it's ok to post here. ^___^

Have waited almost 3 years for AKB48 to visit our country. And it has now come true.

There are other guest performers.. Doraemon, drummers from Japan, Akishibu Project, and some local performers like Alodia and Kawaii 5 (debut performance).

Without any further delay, let's start:

Arrived at approximately 1:30 in the afternoon. Could hear the japanese drummers performing. However, I could not see the stage very well from where I'm standing. Walked around and I saw a line of people waiting to get inside.. joined the line.

Time: afternoon, approximately 1:45 pm
Location: Trinoma mall first floor, just outside the festival area

While waiting on the line, I could see the 222-inch stage screen. Took some pics. Later I would win the lottery and be able to get nearer to the stage. For now, here's some long distance shots of Kawaii 5 and Amachan.

So nice, she hands out cookies to the people at the line. ^^
Got cookies 4 times. I declined the 5th time because I felt ashamed to take cookies 5 times. @_@

After an hour of waiting, almost able to get in.. can see the the entrance now.

Time: approximately 2:30 in the afternoon
Place: inside the Cool Japan Festival area

Finally able to get in! xD

Hmm, this board says that you have to win the lottery in order to get a seat near the stage.

Some items from Japan. A lot of them looked interesting.

. . .

Kawaii 5, members of this idol group are Jelline, Monica, Venus, Mae, and Alice. It's their debut performance in this event.
And they're here to promote the japanese telenovela Amachan - the costumes that they're wearing are from that show. They're so nice. Got an autograph from each one of them. ^^

Amachan is at 11 pm in the morning with replays at 10 pm at TV 5 (Mon-Friday).

. . .

. . .

Let's explore the convention area some more..

Bought a lottery ticket. You need to win in order to have a seat near the stage. Seats are limited.

This seems to be an area where people can sample make-up or get styled.

Ivy! Musume. Hmm, they're a new sing and dance group doing a cover of Morning Musume from Hello! Project in Japan. Saw them by coincidence. They did not dance, I guess they visited this convention to introduce themselves to people. :3

Won the lottery!! They use this roulette thing that you see in some anime. If a red ball comes out, you win. Oh, and another thing - I have zero complaints about the staff of this event, they're all super nice including the security guards and bouncers. They're not like the Ozine events at megamall where the guards are rude. o_o

Now have the precious ticket.

Hello Kitty items

. .

Water balloon game. Oh, this is just like what I see during shrine festivals in anime. You try to grab a balloon from the small pool. Looks fun. This convention reall feels like we're in Japan. ^^

Food area. Okonimayaki and takoyaki for hungry people. There's shaved ice. :3

And if you're in the mood for more japanese food. Have some fresh sushi.

And I would like to introduce miss Maria Bautista, the CEO of Hallo Hallo Alliance for this event.

Time: approximately 4:30 in the afternoon
Place: Cool Japan Festival, premium seats area

They will take the ticket and will stamp a mark on your arm

. .

The first performers are the Doraemon mascots. They had a short question and answer game. Questions are from the anime. Funny because sometimes the mascots would act like the characters. For example, Soneo would pretend to give your prize, but then he would run away with it. Shizuka would give you the prize right away if you answer correctly, because she's kind. ^^

. . .

Up next are the japanese drummers. They're actually cool, and one of them even plays a flute.

. . . .

REMINDER: after clicking play on the youtube video, you can adjust it by going to the bottom of the video and move your mouse to the "Settings" (it looks like a circular wheel). Please adjust the vid to 480p to make them clearer. Because for some reason youtube sets my videos to a lower resolution, making the quality really bad.

The stage host is a good one, she introduced everyone quite well. Sorry, forgot her name - I think her name was only mentioned once. This area of the post might be edited later.

And next is a performance from the Kawaii 5 girls. As I've said previously, this is their debut performance. And they have a show everyday, at 11 a.m on Channel 5.

They played a game of rock, paper, scissors. The loser gets hit on the head with a plastic hammer (after putting on a helmet). xD

. .

Many people here at the event.

Time: approximately 5:30 in the afternoon
Place: premium seats area

AND now, my favorite performance of the day..... It's Akishibu Project idol group. ^^
Got to talk to Kera Hinako (one of the members) at the cd signing event, and she's so nice. I hope they get invited again to our country next year.

Oh, and I have one minor complaint. The organizers should have been a little more strict with the giving away of fliers for Akishibu Project. I saw some people grabbing 3 or 4 for themselves... omg, what would one person do with 3 or 4 fliers wtf???? The end result is the fliers ran out right away, many were not able to get one. Fliers should have been limited to one per person in my opinion.

. .

. . .

Up next is Alodia, cosplaying as winter version of Hatsune Miku. She's a famous cosplayer here.
Hmm, on this event she performed a song and dance with Akishubu Project. Sorry, I have no video of her performance. The 3 gb space of my cam's memory is not enough for all the vids that I recorded at this convention.

. . .

Well, now it's time for the last performers - and it's AKB48 Team 8. Have waited almost three years to watch AKB48 members perform live, and now the dream has come true. Can't believe that already "living the dream" at this moment. Thanks to the lottery, able to get near the stage. ;___;

Team 8 are good performers. And each one of them has a unique "personality" on stage. Hard to describe it, but for example... one of them danced a bit differently from the others. And some other minor differences, where you can see that each member is trying to stand out from the rest. Each one trying to catch the attention of the audience.

Feels like I'm in Akihabara, Japan on this day. xD

. . .

. . .

. . .

I have several videos of them, but most are of them talking at the stage. Here are two videos where they perform..

Aitakatta

Maybe + Ponytail to Shushu

Team 8 says "maraming salamat po" it's filipino language - meaning, "thank you very much" in english.

Well, and that's it. This is a very very fun day. Team 8 went back to Japan the next day.

But wait.. the event is not finished yet. Akishibu Project has a cd signing event. ^___^

They set up a table on the stage. I was one of those fast enough to be able to buy a limited cd. Their bodyguard asked .. "who do you want to sign your cd?", I answered "anyone is ok, they're all great anyway". Met Kera Hinako-chan, she's so nice to talk to. Signed the cd with her name, and my name. And an unexpected surprise. She also gave me the towel (also signed) that they used while dancing at the stage. Feeling blessed. ><

Selfie with Hinako-chan

. . .

And sadly... every good event must come to end. Akishibu Project now also says goodbye. Please visit our country again next year..

Tried some food before going home. This shaved ice with flavor tastes great. So this is what some characters eat in anime... hmmm... :3

And the people in charge of balloons. Connie and Joseph. During the day I picked up a purple balloon, and I tried returning it to them. However, they said I could keep what I found. And even offered that I could take another from the pool. They're giving away for free now, since the event has ended. Meeting kind people is a nice way to end an event. Hallo Hallo Alliance group of organizers - you're the best. ",)

Say goodbye to Cool Japan Festival 2015. I hope this event happens again next year. Thank you very much for making my dream of seeing AKB48 live come true. ",)

Pics taken after getting home:

A fan. Signed by the Kawaii 5 girlls, I was lucky enough to get near them while the crowd is still small.

Towel, signed by Kera Hinako

Balloons given to me by the nice people that I met there.

Hallo Hallo Alliance bag, has a magazine inside. Got it when I purchased an item to join the lottery.

Body spray. This is the item I purchased to get into the lottery.

The guide. You get this for free when you're at the line waiting to get in. Has all things you need to know about the event.

. . . .

Other free items given by the Hallo Hallo Alliance staff.

Cookies. Received this from their promo girl while I was on the line waiting to get in.
A little sad, I wasn't able to ask her name. Refused the 5th cookie, because feel ashamed to have taken a lot already. @_@

Well, that's all. Thank you for reading. The next convention report will be about Christmas Toys and Collectibles Fair 2015. Happy holidays everyone. ^^

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2017-06-25 at 17:48.
Old 2015-12-20, 20:05   Link #2610
Palsa-San
General of Aurda
*Graphic Designer

Great report Liddo-Kun, it seems like it was your lucky day, so much awesomeness happening.
Old 2015-12-21, 06:27   Link #2611
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Thanks ^^. I guess luck just came there. Hopefully, Cool Japan will repeat next year. And I hope the Amachan tv show would get good ratings. ><

Hmm,,, it's the end of the year again. Not sure, but I'll try to continue posting pics on this thread. :3
Old 2015-12-21, 07:49   Link #2612
MoonBeam

Really really really have to like her....
MoonBeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-21, 12:09   Link #2613
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ She's a lot of fun inperson too.
Old 2015-12-26, 07:53   Link #2614
MoonBeam

and this...
Old 2016-01-01, 02:42   Link #2615
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Christmas Toys and Collectibles Fair 2015 (day 3)

Well, it's the time of the year once again. The holiday season is here. The Christmas Toys and Collectibles Fair is a convention held for three days, during December at SM Megamall Megatrade halls.

Hmm, went alone this time (no need to bring car) because friends near my area are busy because of the holiday season. Without any further delay, here are the pics.

Arrived at SM Megamall in the afternoon:

Time: approximately 1:30 pm

First person that I met is my friend Grace. The girl on the right. She is a cosplayer, but only wear normal clothes in this event. She's the first one that I met because had to deliver an item to her.

The ticket that Grace is holding is actually my ticket.
Just had it included in the shot. The Toyfair people will stamp a mark on your arm once you submit ticket at the entrance.

Now let's go inside.

Place: inside Megatrade hall 2

Plenty of things for sale. Well, this is a convention about toys and collectibles after all. CD's, manga, costumes, and some other good stuffs. :3

. .

But wait.. I came here because some friends are going to perform. Time to walk where the music is coming from. ^^

They have a small stage already setup at the end of the hall.

The NeCos dance group. Saw my friend Allysa and Djonelyn. Allysa is cosplaying as Kotori Minami (Snow Halation version) from Love Live. And Djonelyn is cosplaying as Maki Nishikino, also from Love Live (not looking at the cam now because she hasn't seen me xD).

Hmm, a text on my cellphone. Our props maker sent a message. He's already outside.

Place: outside Megatrade hall 2, near the information center

Shocross our props maker. Inside the box that he's holding are the props for the Hatsune Miku cosplay of one of my friends. And he's wearing a Toyfair shirt because he's one of the marshalls for this convention.

I go back immediately inside because Allysa and the others might perform already.

Place: inside megatrade hall 2

Just in time for the performance start. ^^

Please set your youtube settings to 480p for a clearer video. Can be done by going below the youtube screen and click the button that looks like a wheel.

For those who like to see their fb fanpage, it's here inside the spoiler tag.

Well, that's a nice dance. Sorry, I forgot the name of the song. I'll ask Allysa later, and edit the name of the song into this writeup.

Ok, say goodbye to Necos and explore the convention a bit more.

Some cat tails.

Maid cosplay by Virnel. Saw her near the cat tails. xD

Umaru Doma cosplay by Jochelle. Umaru-chan always play games. hmm.. ^^

Anne cosplaying as Haruhi Suzumiya

Walk back again to the stage. There's an auction. Some nice stuff being sold here.

Stuff toys and monokuma pillow

Love Live figurines. Unfortunately, I'm poor without any money to buy even one. ;___;
. .

Snow doing a costrip. Hmm, costrip means just wearing a wig that you prefer and not cosplaying as any character. Well, she still looks nice - cute stuff toy too. ^^

Hmm, have the feeling that there's plenty more cosplayers outside. So let's explore the outside. Shall we? ^^

Time: approximately 2:45 pm in the afternoon
Place: hallway of 5th floor

And it's a nice decision to go out. Saw another friend... Rijin cosplaying as Chitoge Kirisaki from Nisekoi. Good pose and the wig is nicely styled imo.

Akame from Akame ga Kill. Cosplay by Anika Nepacena

Let's walk a bit more.. as expected, there are more cosplayers outside the megatrade hall.

Meet Jochelle again. Hmm, Umaru-chan is really happy playing video games. ^^

Yume Schnee cosplaying as Touka from Tokyo Ghoul

Maid costrip by Zaizy

Meet again with the NeCos. Looks like they're finished with things inside the megatrade hall.

Djonelyn cosplaying as Maki Nishikino, and Eri Ayase cosplay by Krizia Anne

. .

Mary from the game Ib. Cosplay by Kianna Chua

And there's really plenty of Love Live cosplayers in this convention.

Patpat Sorenid as Umi, Tricia Anne as Kotori, and Faye Iparis as Eri. They're cosplaying as Kira Kira version of the Love Live characters.

Hmm, and then we get even more Love Live. Passed by NeCos again, and this time they have Palmtop with them - "palmtop" is the nickname of Allysa. :3

. .

. . .

Oh well.. LL is rather popular here. And there's many versions of the costumes of each character, so people have plenty to choose from.

Decided to go back inside.

Met one more LL cosplay on the way back to megatrade hall 2.

Rin Hoshizora (candy version). Cosplay by Aire Xie

Time: 3:30 in the afternoon

Karla cosplaying as a character from Assassin's Creed. My notes are a bit blurred, so not sure what exactly is the name of this character. This part might be edited later.

Saw Virnel again. Took some more shots, since we can't really take shots properly when I first saw her (area was crowded when we first met). I guess she did buy the cat ears from the store. xD

Hmm, a video game that uses anime characters. Looks interesting..

And now I pass by Sakura Hime Kimono Shop. I bought some nice souvenirs from this place. Den (their salesgirl in the pic), talked me into buying their mini monokuma. Well, even if small.. monobear is still monobear.

. .

Melanie cosplaying as Togger 5 pink. First time I've heard of that sentai show. @_@

Went out again.

Time: almost 4 pm
Place: outside megatrade hall 2

Meet two more members of NeCos. The Hanayo cosplayer is one of my friends, Clarice Zamora. And the Rin cosplayer is Remi.

. .

Met Rijin again. Well, more Chitoge pics is always a good thing. ^^

This is one of my favorite shot of the day.

And some more.

. .

Morgiana cosplay by Mae-chan. This cosplay is very well done in my opinion.
What worried me is that she just walk barefoot at the con. Well, I guess the floors don't have anything dangerous on them. ><

. .

Min mi cosplaying as Kotori Minami (Kira Kira version)

. .

And unexpectedly met another long time friend. Blessie cosplaying as Eureka from Eureka 7. It's always nice to see friends at conventions.

. .

And Blessie has a companion with her. Bei Karlos as Karuta Roromiya from Inu x Boku

Well, say goodbye to them and explore some more. It's getting late, so one last walk around the place before going home. :3

Time: almost 5 pm in the afternoon
Place: 5th floor

Definitely no shortage of Love Live in this event.

Johara cosplaying as Kotori Minami (schoolgirl blazer version)

Chrome Dokuro cosplay by Ichi Goku

And encountered another friend. Here's a nice Mirai Kuriyama cosplay by Christine Joy Mckeehan. ^^

. . .

Maid costrip by Meilen. Sorry for being a bit blurred, my hands are already tired at this part of the day.

. .

Sand Pie as Challenger Ahri from League of Legends. First time to see this version of Ahri. Sand Pie also told me that the character has that facial expression.

I walk back one last time to the entrance of megatrade hall 2.

Met three cosplayers there, the three of them went together to this convention.

Akame cosplay by Sheshie, Kurome cosplay by Angel, and Kashiwazaki Sena cosplay by Trixie (it's her first time to attend a convention). :3

. .

Krul Tepes cosplay by Rona

. .

Went back inside one last time.

Time: almost 6 pm

Cure Happy figurines

Saw some more NeCos members. Ruth as Nico Yazawa, and Hoshi as Umi Sonoda

Have no more cash. So can't buy anything else. Time to go home now.

Time: almost 6:30 pm
Place: outside megatrade hall

Pass by the information center again. Shocross (guy with blue shirt), is still there, one of the marshalls for this day. He told me that one of their problems are those people without ticket who are trying to get in, just saying excuses like "we need to get something inside". Wait, what??? Seriously?? I guess being a marshall can be tough. xD

And near the information center I meet another friend. Cheenee (girl near the guy with green shirt), she's one of the dancers of the dance group Borealis. They performed before NeCos. I was just a little bit late to see their performance, since I arrived before NeCos performed. ><

Nanami Uchiha from Mermaid Melody. Cosplay by Yasmine

Oh, and saw another friend. Ross Diong (tallest girl in the pic), leader of 15 Raindrop Dance Group. With her are other members of the group.Angel and Jen (the chibi girl at the left).

Spoiler:

Chloe cosplaying as Asuna Yuuki from Sword Art Online

. .

Yui Maki as Rin Kagamine (meltdown version)

. .

I see Allysa one more time before going down the stairs. Well bye bye palmtop tiger. See you again next convention. ^^

. .

Hmm, and just one more good cosplay before going down the stairs - Faye cosplaying as Junko Enoshima from Danganronpa. She looks evil with monkuma. xD

. .

Place: 4th floor of SM Megamall
Time: a little past 6:30 pm

Saw some cosplayers walking. I thought they're already going home. Asked them if it's ok for one or two pics. However, after a little chat - I found out that they've just arrived, and can't find the convention area (their first time here). I told them to just go up the escalator, and that there are still plenty of people at the 5th floor.

Dia Mayca as Bridget from Guilty Gear (nice teddy and she swings around that yoyo. xD), And Path Nablo as Saya Kisaragi from Blood C.

. .

Goodbye and thank you Toyfair 2015. Plenty of good memories from this one. Hope to attend again next year. ",)

Pics from a friend:

Disclaimer: these pics were not shot by me. Credits goes to the photographers of my friend.

My friend Claire, cosplaying as Nozomi Tojo (Candy version). She also attended Toyfair, but we were unable to do shoots, because of too many people. We talked about it on fb. I noticed her, but cannot go to her because I was talking to someone - when I looked again she was gone already. She noticed me, but was also doing something, when she looked again I had already disappeared. xD

. . .

Pics taken after getting home:

Toyfair ticket

Cat Hatsune Miku that I bought from Sakura Hime Kimono Shop

Mini monobear, also bought from Sakura Hime Kimono Shop

Well, that's all. Thank you for reading. ^^
Happy New Year to everyone. I hope to do more anime convention writeups for 2016.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2016-02-15 at 18:00.
Old 2016-01-01, 05:06   Link #2616
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Another good post.

I especially appreciated the cosplay of Morgianna and Mirai Kuriyama.

The Umaru one was nice to see not so much because of the outfit worn but somehow I felt the look in the eyes of the cosplayer's photos had a nice twinkle appropo of the character itself.

But I agree that Morgianna was probably my favorite of the photos.
Old 2016-01-01, 06:07   Link #2617
Liddo-kun
is this so?

@Moonbeam

Oh, that's a pic of a Kagome cosplayer. ^^
I watched the anime years ago.

@Flower

Hmm, didn't expect you'd also like the Morgianna cosplayer. After we shot those pics, I thought she would put on slippers or shoes.. but she didn't put anything on and continue walking barefoot. Really dedicated to cosplay her character. O_O

Oh, and I'll tell her what you said once I message them tomorrow.

About the Umaru. Yep, the passion is there. What caught my attention is how happy she looks playing the game - well, it's just acting.. but the acting looks real enough.
Old 2016-01-01, 08:43   Link #2618
Top Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam View Post

Really really really have to like her....
Wow! I immediately thought of Mako from Girls und Panzer when I saw this picture.
Old 2016-01-02, 07:47   Link #2619
MoonBeam

This one is amazing:
Old 2016-01-03, 00:03   Link #2620
Palsa-San
General of Aurda
*Graphic Designer

That Kagome cosplay from Alodia is very nice, which reminds me that I still haven't finished the Final Act.

Regarding Liddu-Kun's report, simply epic.
The amount of details on the costumes are extremely impressive, and they're all excellently done. ^_^
I can't pick any particular cosplay out, because I think they're all outstanding.
By the way, Blessie's costume is of Eureka from Eureka Seven.
There are so many Love Live cosplays at this event, it must be related to the movie since it just came out not too long ago. ^_^
I've actually been thinking of drawing μ's in original costumes, based on Alice in Wonderland, but it will have to wait until I get a new computer.
Overall, it looked like a fun convention, great cosplays and great pics.

Tags
cosplay, photo