AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Danganronpa

Notices

View Poll Results: Danganronpa 3: Future Arc - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 1 14.29%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 2 28.57%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 2 28.57%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 14.29%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 14.29%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2016-09-18, 14:12   Link #81
Golden_Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Knight View Post
The end is nigh, and even now I still question: what is the real purpose of this game?

For starters, the hallmarks of Junko's games are totally absent. Unlike the previous games, this one seems to have been arranged with a specific final purpose to achieve. Even Monokuma is but a mere extra in the grand scheme of things, having no physical presence at all.

Whoever is responsible seems to be hellbent on exterminating the majority of the members of the Future Foundation, and stop killing at some point.
......I think I've noticed a peculiar thing about this game.

Like you said, this is nothing like Junko's games.
Junko's first and foremost objective was to cause suffering and despair, this here, is merely annihilation.

However:
Within this chaos, there might be suffering.
Have we ever considered that the true target is not the FF but Naegi?
I think we can all agree that Naegi being passive is a nice but very negative trait.
No matter what he does, it was impossible for him to stand true to his beliefs in Mirai.

- He insisted the FF will not play the game: They still do.
- He tried to bring peace with his speech: It didn't work.
- He kept on running and running doing nothing. Kirigiri died.
- Munakata and Juzo were chasing him for hours while he stuck to his passiveness.

At this point, I wonder if it's more about Naegi than the FF.

Not saying the following is true but:
It feels to me like someone is trying to give Naegi a hard reality check about how his passiveness is getting people killed.
Kirigiri's NG is a perfect example. It's like the mastermind wanted to punish Naegi for not really doing anything, while Kirigiri is doing the work for him. All he did was run and run while trying to talk his way out which was never gonna work without people dying.
Old 2016-09-18, 14:20   Link #82
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Knight View Post
I'm pretty sure the foreshadowing is all there, in really high quantities. But when you are watching the show you never consider certain things and events as foreshadowing, let alone when you are unsure on who is the culprit.
Who cares about "who is the killer?". What really matters is "What is the plot?".
Old 2016-09-18, 16:26   Link #83
tuckersister

I think the plot is revenge against the Future Foundation. Remember, Hope Peak's staff and alumni did a lot of shady stuff under the table, include Project Izuru Kamukura. They are also partial responsible for bring forward the "Tragedy", so I wouldn't put pass that the culprit want them to suffer for it.
Old 2016-09-18, 17:15   Link #84
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

The grand finale about a series of incredibly far out plots is just a simple revenge plot? I highly doubt that.
Old 2016-09-18, 17:22   Link #85
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden_Witch View Post
......I think I've noticed a peculiar thing about this game.

Like you said, this is nothing like Junko's games.
Junko's first and foremost objective was to cause suffering and despair, this here, is merely annihilation.

However:
Within this chaos, there might be suffering.
Have we ever considered that the true target is not the FF but Naegi?
I think we can all agree that Naegi being passive is a nice but very negative trait.
No matter what he does, it was impossible for him to stand true to his beliefs in Mirai.

- He insisted the FF will not play the game: They still do.
- He tried to bring peace with his speech: It didn't work.
- He kept on running and running doing nothing. Kirigiri died.
- Munakata and Juzo were chasing him for hours while he stuck to his passiveness.

At this point, I wonder if it's more about Naegi than the FF.

Not saying the following is true but:
It feels to me like someone is trying to give Naegi a hard reality check about how his passiveness is getting people killed.
Kirigiri's NG is a perfect example. It's like the mastermind wanted to punish Naegi for not really doing anything, while Kirigiri is doing the work for him. All he did was run and run while trying to talk his way out which was never gonna work without people dying.
I noticed there's more than that. But rather that what appears to be, I don't think the killer actually wants to break Naegi.

For one thing, if that were really what that person wanted in first place, killing Asahina would have been the swiftest way. But 4 time limits later and only 6 survivors left, Asahina is one among those. The killer could have went after her numerous times, but chose not to. Why?

I also think a number of events went exactly how that person envisioned:

- Bandai NG being the first to be triggered because it was a given the members of the Future Foundation couldn't even agree to cooperate with each other.
- Asahina NG forcing her to stay away from any skirmish and not getting harmed in the process. Is also the combination of hers and Naegi's NG they have been together all this time. This is also why I think the killer chose Gozu as a target. Because it provided Naegi with a trustworthy bodyguard and the physically strongest member on top, so Asahina's protection wouldn't even be needed.
- Munakata eventually questioning Tengan about a few critical things. Which led to him discovering the truth about Chisa and going mad in the process.
- Ruruka betraying Izayoi out of her own selfishness and paranoia.
- Seiko NG which pretty much forced her to keep distances with anyone. And she's the Ultimate Pharmacist, that can't any coincidence.
- Kirigiri NG was set so Naegi would eventually stop running away and confront Munakata.

In addition to putting handicaps on both Juzo and Kizakura and trolling the hell out of Ruruka, I think the events developed exactly how the killer wanted.
Old 2016-09-19, 04:47   Link #86
AP24

Only few hours left to the next episode which may reveal the mastermind. Here are some questions that may be important and my thoughts.

1. Why was everyone brought to a different location for the killing game?
2. What were the reasons for the choices of some of the NG codes?
3. Why Chisa, Gozu, Seiko and Ruruka were chosen as the victims during the sleeping period?
4. Why was Ruruka's death more brutal compared to the others who died during the sleeping period?
5. What is the overall motive for the killing game?
6. Why photos showing Chisa's true nature were left on her body by someone?

The killing game was designed in Munakata's favor. The mastermind could have moved everyone far away from the building they originally were in but instead they were moved to the facility below it which is still part of the building that Munakata knows about. Some people were chosen to be killed to ensure the plan was going well or because they were the main targets.

Ruruka was probably one of the main targets because she was planning on betraying the Future Foundation by leaving it along with members in her faction. This could explain why she was killed in a more brutal way than the others during the sleeping period. In addition, her NG code was kind of odd considering it was already very difficult for anyone to escape. Perhaps the reason they were moved to a different location was to prevent Ruruka from escaping and her NG code was insurance in case she managed to escape or someone else get outside and contact for help.

Naegi is also targeted because his ideals are against Munakata's ideals. Naegi couldn't be killed during the sleeping period because it would make things suspicious. But his NG code was to limit his movement so that he can be killed easier by one of the others. Kyouko's NG code was to make him lower his spirit and make him easier to kill in case he managed to survive long. Seiko was killed because she could have developed a cure for the poison. Gozu was killed because he was the strongest of all the people who were on Naegi's side.

The mastermind wanted Munakata to end up killing the others too. To help make this happen, Chisa was killed and photos showing her true nature were left for Munakata to see. Tengan's NG code was probably to help make this happen too. The end game is for Munakata to be the only survivor and everyone is going to see that his idea of hope is right especially with Naegi dead. However, instead of spreading hope Munakata will be spreading despair.

Judging from all the clues, Chisa is most likely the mastermind. If you think about it, there's no need for Chisa to have NG code if she was going to be killed before the game started. Most likely the first victim was a fake and that Chisa is actually lurking in the facility. The fake one was killed in order for Chisa to be not considered a suspect and to drive Munakata into despair. Chisa would know about the building and have the resources to orchestrate this since she is close to Munakata. Of course she would also have those photos. I think after everyone else is dead she will reveal herself in front of Munakata and have him kill her. She did say she would die for Munakata and having him kill her would complete the despair. If her plan fails and Munakata dies then she would rather die immediately which could explain her NG code.
Old 2016-09-19, 10:42   Link #87
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Ruruka's forbidden action is a red herring. The conditions will never trigger, but she does not know that. It was meant to make her betray others.

Anyway, regardless of whether or not Yukizome is the mastermind, I'm not convinced that she's alive. I've very little reason to believe that she is.
Old 2016-10-31, 23:07   Link #88
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

This is a first part of a two halves episodes followed later in the Despair arc.

Liked they kept Naegi and Munakata confrontation simple but straight. The sense that Naegi kept on hammering onto Munakata was that the latter should never erase his memories of both the good and bad times he spent along with Chisa.

Chisa cannot be at fault since the Despair arc delved how she was tainted with despair by Junko Enoshima against her will, and from then on got compromised into performing horrible acts and suffered because of it.

Naegi can sort of put into Munakatas' shoes, because he went the ride into despair along with his friends in the mutual killing game at Hope's Peak Academy, but Kyoko, particularly, was supportive of his words infecting with hope as his flashbacks reveal.

His words full of empathy on Munakata's predicament to erase despair helped to contribute waking up the latter of his obsession. Eventually, despair cannot be erased but be managed with the hope borned from the experiences both characters had to endure.
Old 2019-03-14, 14:18   Link #89
FFTHEWINNER

Finished the tenth future arc episode

-so Kirigiri had blood coming out of her, like the rest of the ones who were poisoned by their forbidden action. Guess that fully confirms she is dead then

-the count was 6 though,so juzo is still alive

-i do like how they split munakata and Naegi,with one side only worrying about Despair spreading,and the other side only worrying about spending hope.

-sooo,did Naegi just run in a hallway??!! And not die??!! Did the makers of this anime even forget their own rules??!! Bloody damn... *Faceplams*

-also, Naegi was fully willing to kill munakata with electricity,which not only contradicts his personality, it contradicts his entire message and beliefs

-and I am a 1000% that getting hit in the head with a fire extinguisher at full speed would knockout anyone,not have them shrug it off like it was nothing >_>

-sooo,if Naegi knew munakata couldn't kill him in the room,why didnt he stop fighting him as soon as they entered and he closed the door?? There was literally no reason to continue fighting munakata after that...

-Tengan's statement is weird,and I am pretty certain it isn't literal. I think what he meant is that all of them have a touch of despair in them from all they have been through,just waiting to be let out under the right circumstances like this one.

-aaaand we have our Deus ex machina ladies and gentlemen. Where the F*** did those photos come from??!! Kirigiri searched her before and found nothing. And munakata didn't search her.
I have only one hope,which is that those photos were photoshopped by the Mastermind to increase Munakata's despair. If they weren't then this is some of the most BS Deus ex machina in the history of f***ing anime.

-naegi stood on the injured leg instead of the normal one >_>

So Kirigiri herself didn't know the murderer and asahina knew from kirigiri's analysis?? Unless the murderer was ryota and didn't want to say it because he was with them,that is BS. Unless asahina guessed wrong.

-a reminder that jabberwock island still exists

Overall,second worst episode in DR3 after the 7th one. Just pure crap.
Old 2019-03-14, 15:23   Link #90
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Hang in there, you only have a few episodes left
Old 2019-03-14, 19:10   Link #91
FFTHEWINNER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Hang in there, you only have a few episodes left
i will,but the bad quality of this arc is pretty damn despair inducing
Closed Thread