AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-06-13, 23:32   Link #21
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Welcome to the N.H.K

Genre: Comedy, Parody, Action and Drama

Expected Release Date: July 11, 2006

According to my anime watching experience I've noticed that most of the anime adapted from novel turns out to be great, not just good, i.e. FMP, Scrapped Princess, Sujumiya Haruhi and so on. The good news is this series is also will be adapted from a novel. What makes me a bit cautious and makes me want to curve my enthusiasm is the production company, as it is none other than Gonzo. Nontheless, I will give them the benefit of the doubt by the virtue of the type of show this is supposed to be, an action-comedy with a touch of drama. Anyway, the synopsis is as taken from AniDB:
The existence of the evil organization of "NHK", I happened to find it. All the reasons why I dropped out from the university, being unemployed and a "Hikikomori" - homicidal young person - are due to NHK`s conspiracy. I`ll keep fighting till the day I will beat the vice organization.

But one day, an assassin from a religious group, shows up to kill me. She is a neat and beautiful girl, Misaki-chan, with a parasol. Who is she? What can save our future contaminated with eroticism, violence and drugs? Love, courage, or friendship?
The show is based on a novel by Takimoto Tatsuhiko. It was later illustrated in manga by Ooiwa Kenji.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-13, 23:43   Link #22
YoshiZumi
Translator for Ayu

Send a message via AIM to YoshiZumi
I've been following the manga and I am enjoying it alot. Some people might say, "Hey, it's just like Genshiken." Wrong, I own both NHK and Genshiken and they're not even close. Let's just say that NHK deals with more serious issues just like the description states. As Genshiken follows people dealing with being an otaku, NHK deals with a socially with-drawn man. I am looking forward to seeing this being animated and how they portray some of the really looney scenes.
YoshiZumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-13, 23:46   Link #23
CaiSter21

YAY!!!
an anime adaption of one of my favorite mangas!
lets just hope that they dont screw it up
CaiSter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-14, 00:33   Link #24
Keitarou
Ninja

Considering it's GONZO, let's remake 80% of the original stuff so nobody will ever recognize it again, I would staple low. Then again NHK is sheer brilliance in its whole existence, so they would need to pull off a Yume Tsukai to completely destroy it and even GONZO wouldn't go as far and one thing we can be sure of is that it will have high technical values.

Anyway, I'm still looking a lot forward to it as it's one of my most favourite works and was the anime I was waiting the most for after hearing the announcement of an adaption. I'm really curious at how they will handle all the "hard" stuff which the manga has enough off, if they really decide to let most of it untouched it will be definitely this year's winner. ;)

As for the comparison with Genshiken, true, Genshiken is by far not on the same level concerning the people and their issues it depicts, but some of the comedy aspects and the pacing of the story are kinda similar.

Spoiler for For the Manga:

So despite the different issues and the far more serious tone there are a few things where you can draw a parallel to Genshiken. I wouldn't go as far and disregard it as just some copy, that it is most certainly not. On the contrary it's definitely a quite original piece of work and a must read because of its many facets.

*edit
Took a look on new infos regarding the anime adaption. Seiyuu cast is rather unknown, Tsubasa Sakura is Misaki...hmm.... Opening by Round Table feat. Nino, ouch, I simply dislike most of their stuff. Oh well, one month to go, let's just hope for the best. ;)
Keitarou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-14, 03:48   Link #25
yamikage

By the power of Gankutsuou, I pray that this series does not suck. It's the only series I'm actually expecting right now and I seriously hope that it will not disappoint. Having seen the some of the anime character designs, I'd say that it's quite good. The characters, especially Satou, look more appropriate for their age.

I do wonder how they'll handle the sensitive parts in the manga, though. Heck, the main character already shocked the hell out of me in chapter one. First time I saw a main character doing "talking to appliances". I guess episode one will be a sign of things to come, for better or for worse.
yamikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-15, 18:09   Link #26
NeoSam

Kadokawa's site for the anime has opened:

http://www.kadokawa.co.jp/hikky/

Kadokawa: the publisher of the shounen manga NHK ni Youkoso!
Old 2006-06-15, 18:23   Link #27
shadowplay
passive observer

New character designs are truly awful, die gonzo.
Ok on second thought, designs on character page are not that bad, though seeing it for first time on splash image was too surprising...in a negative way.
shadowplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-19, 05:59   Link #28
Eleutheria
旅行癖

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitarou
Considering it's GONZO, let's remake 80% of the original stuff so nobody will ever recognize it again,
Nope. It will be very amazing for the first oh, three episodes, deteriorate by episode 5 or so and only become unrecognizable in the final few episodes. And the ending will leave you with a WTF that is strangely familiar with Gonzo.
Old 2006-06-19, 07:22   Link #29
bluemist
i am the mist

For what it's worth, GONZO is at its prime whenever they adapt a manga series, so I'm holding on to that side of GONZO.
Old 2006-07-08, 01:10   Link #30
eggplant
Eggplant

Just came back from a screening of episode 1 of N•H•K ni Youkoso!.
Spoiler for Episode 1:

------------------------------------------------
Edited for fixed typos and clarity.

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

Last edited by eggplant; 2006-07-08 at 05:50.
eggplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-08, 05:28   Link #31
tugatosmk
1982 tuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowplay
New character designs are truly awful, die gonzo.
Ok on second thought, designs on character page are not that bad, though seeing it for first time on splash image was too surprising...in a negative way.
Looking at episode 1 screenshots, the character designs look very nice. You didn't like these?

BTW, according to you, what are the series that Gonzo screwd up?
Old 2006-07-08, 09:57   Link #32
Emil Scherbe

This program attracts my attention because of musicans of ED.
Kenji Ohtsuki(vo) and Fumihiko Kitsutaka(gr) are reunion
after practically breaking up Kinniku Shoujotai in 1998(or so).

Sound sample for their pieces can be heard at
http://www.jvcmusic.co.jp/-/Discogra...ICL-36098.html

track 1 is Odoru Akachan Ningen (Dancing Babyish Humans)
track 2 is Nippon Hikikomori Kyokai no Theme (Nippon Hikikomori Kyokai's Theme)
track 3 is Odoru Dame Ningen 2006 (Dancing Useless Humans 2006)

Odoru Dame Ningen is Kinniku Shoujotai's piece back in 1991, IIRC.

Kinniku Shoujotai's vidoes at youtube.
http://youtube.com/results?search=%E...deo_view_count

ETA:
筋肉少女帯 (Kinniku Shoujotai) is abbreviated to Kin Sho and they write themself in alphabet as King-Show.
They might be known as Eat-Man's OP Chiisana Koi no Melody (Melody of Little Love) for oversea anime fans.
And/Or
CM piece for the SFC version of Street Fighter II Batoru Yarou -
Hyakuman Nin no Aniki (Battle Rogue - Elder Brother Of A Million Men).

Last edited by Emil Scherbe; 2006-07-09 at 08:29.
Emil Scherbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-09, 13:14   Link #33
Mr. Guy

http://dat.2chan.net/18/res/3189942.htm

Screens up on 2chan. The character designs look a bit better then what my first impression was of them. They still don't look as good as the manga but they're still pretty good. Looks like a few things were changed though... GONZO...
Mr. Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-09, 16:23   Link #34
Omniscient

Episode 01 Screencaps

Spoiler:
Omniscient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-09, 17:39   Link #35
Keitarou
Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Guy
The character designs look a bit better then what my first impression was of them. They still don't look as good as the manga but they're still pretty good. Looks like a few things were changed though... GONZO... :frustrated:
Well, it's pretty much impossible to retain the original traits of a manga's character design and the anime version in this case is really nice and quite close to the original designs. Satou's usual self is almost the same, his freak-out phases look quite different though. On the other hand Misaki is just too cute in every scene and imho just as cute as she was in the manga. :D

Spoiler for Thoughts about the first episode:

Oh, one last thing I wonder about is the pace, seems quite slow. There's not enough time to show some really great parts. :(
Keitarou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-09, 18:12   Link #36
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
It's fairly good, but, honestly, I am not a fan of series that show you how fucked up people are in order to make you feel good about yourself.

People must be thinking: "Hey, I have a weird side, but at least I am not like that guy." And then they feel good, cozy and not in a hurry to shape up. To me, this is idiotic. Not my kind of entertainment.

So, as a general comment: the animation is good, the show raises interesting issues, but the plot is way too surreal and self-serving for my taste. The main character, Sato, seems to have a perpetual hang-over.

I seem to have read that the whole hikikkomori thing is some kind of a social problem in Japan, yet through out the whole episode I had a feeling that the guy would certainly benefit from some more fresh air and a healing visit to a neuropathologist.

All in all, it seems like a fine show, but I have a feeling that people's mileage will definitely vary as to the issues presented.
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-09, 18:15   Link #37
froinlaven
Wanchu!

Hmm, opening is by Round Table feat. NINO, so I pretty much have to watch this.

Spoiler:

Full impressions here.
froinlaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-09, 19:25   Link #38
dxgarten

Episode 01 screencaps and review

Spoiler:
dxgarten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-09, 19:46   Link #39
domino
デレデレ

This show looks really good (good character designs, and I love GONZO ~ )

How long is this manga? It looks like it would be better for a short series than a long one.... And only 1 episode is out?

I'll look forward to this sub. ^_^
domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-09, 21:11   Link #40
Thelastguardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet
It's fairly good, but, honestly, I am not a fan of series that show you how fucked up people are in order to make you feel good about yourself.
That is one out of the two main thoughts when I read it. The other one is "Hey I do that too! Oh my god I am as nut as him hahaha!"

PS In case you think I am kidding- no I am not.

Anyway I have my expectation for the anime tuned very low. Nothing can surprise me now.

Tags
gonzo, psychological