AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-04-21, 13:35   Link #6521
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I agree that it's something you wouldn't or shouldn't do if you're in charge, but let's face it--it happened mainly because Durandal wanted them stolen so he could begin his plan. So logic really can't apply here.
Old 2013-04-21, 13:44   Link #6522
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Probably, but what the military says, goes.
Oh, sure. And not just the military, this applies to any company that's hosting a press conference.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 16:37   Link #6523
The American Average
2LMES

when i started reading all this stuff, bandai should really really make an Astray Gundam anime to fill some of the plot holes in the Seed Destiny
Old 2013-04-21, 17:24   Link #6524
Destined_Fate

Gundam 00 has quite a bit of plot holes, mainly between the seasons and movie, that are ignored or never addressed in the anime. You have to read the novels/mangas/whatever stuff to understand it. If 00 still has. all that than I wouldn't really hope for the future when it comes to filling those plot holes

So I don't see why they will bother making an Astray series just to cover up plot holes when they already have the mangas for that. That and Destiny is already long over.

Now if they were still serious about a Movie than maybe Astray might get some love but that seems unlikely as is due to how bad a taste Destiny left in quite a few peoples mouths due to its poor handling.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 17:27   Link #6525
quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by The American Average View Post
when i started reading all this stuff, bandai should really really make an Astray Gundam anime to fill some of the plot holes in the Seed Destiny
Maybe, but then it confuses people more as it introduces the fact people have settled on Mars and a family is pulling the strings of all of the events that happened.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Gundam 00 has quite a bit of plot holes, mainly between the seasons and movie, that are ignored or never addressed in the anime. You have to read the novels/mangas/whatever stuff to understand it. If 00 still has. all that than I wouldn't really hope for the future when it comes to filling those plot holes

So I don't see why they will bother making an Astray series just to cover up plot holes when they already have the mangas for that. That and Destiny is already long over.

Now if they were still serious about a Movie than maybe Astray might get some love but that seems unlikely as is due to how bad a taste Destiny left in quite a few peoples mouths due to its poor handling.

I would love for the 00 mangas to be animated. But, that is for another thread......
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 20:10   Link #6526
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Freedom View Post
I mean it's one thing to have a photo op for the new gundams after they've been commishioned and such. At that point they have pilots and are secured aboard the Minerva. But having the photo op before just increases the likelihood of what happened happening.
I should also note that even before the raid in Armory One, official pilots for those new Gundams were already chosen. Still, during the raid, they were all shot and killed by the three Extendeds. Watch episode one of Destiny when Sting and others taking over the hangar: there, you will see some ZAFT’s red-uniforms got killed by them. One of them is Mare Strode, the official pilot for Abyss who was shot by Stellar. Again, you can see it in episode 1.

Strangely enough, moments before the raid, only Impulse has boarded the Minerva, while the other three must remains in the hangar (even Mare Strode said it was strange, just a moment before the Extendeds got inside the hangar and shot him). All those situations are most likely under Durandal’s orders. So, it’s strongly implied that all those happenings (the Gundams’ display-performance, the selected journalists, the spy, leaked data, Impulse being the only one boarded the Minerva during the raid, etc) are intentional on Durandal’s part to get the three Gundams stolen.
Old 2013-04-21, 20:22   Link #6527
quagmire

Not all of them were killed, just Mare( though I don't remember reading he died, but he was in critical condition).
Old 2013-04-21, 20:48   Link #6528
S.Freedom

I was going to say I thought Mare Strode eventually tested the Destiny Impulse. And that Riika Shedder was supposed to be the Giaia's pilot.

But yeah, the leaked info about the new gundams, the theft of same, Junius Sevens fall, the fact that "terrorists" got their hands on the flare motors in order to move Junius seven, much less that they had Ginn high mobility type 2's, and the assassination attempt on Lacus all happen way to close together for it to be one big coincidence.
S.Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 21:59   Link #6529
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
I was going to say I thought Mare Strode eventually tested the Destiny Impulse. And that Riika Shedder was supposed to be the Giaia's pilot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
Not all of them were killed, just Mare( though I don't remember reading he died, but he was in critical condition).
Yes, I was only saying that Mare Strode was shot (not killed). And please correct me if I’m wrong but IIRC the other “official pilots" beside Shinn and Mare are killed in that hangar (Shinn was still in the Minerva that time). Note that Riika Sheder and Courtney Hieronimus are “test pilots” for Gaia and Chaos (along with Shinn and Mare) but, later on, those two are not chosen as the “official pilots” of those Gundams. That’s why they managed to live, because they’re not in the hangar during the raid. On the other hand, the official pilots for Gaia and Chaos (their names are not mentioned) are shot (and most probably killed) that time.
Old 2013-04-21, 22:58   Link #6530
S.Freedom

Yeah ok, I'm not as familiar with the Astray series as I'd like.

Still, I'd have liked Riika to show up in Destiny as additional pilot for the Minerva. Perhaps even becoming the Gaia's pilot after Shinn recaptured it along with Stella.
Old 2013-04-21, 22:59   Link #6531
quagmire

Quote:
Yeah ok, I'm not as familiar with the Astray series as I'd like.

Still, I'd have liked Riika to show up in Destiny as additional pilot for the Minerva. Perhaps even becoming the Gaia's pilot after Shinn recaptured it along with Stella.
Then what would Waltfeld pilot?

I wish Astray went into how Terminal/Lacus Clyne acquired SF, IJ, the Doms, and Gaia.
Old 2013-04-21, 23:13   Link #6532
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Then what would Waltfeld pilot?
How about he keep piloting his Murasame?

Murasame is a good MS. It has excellent maneuverability even though it doesn't have PSA like Gaia.
Old 2013-04-21, 23:25   Link #6533
S.Freedom

Come on, Terminal was able to either steal or build the S.Freedom, I.Justice, 3 Doms, and the Gaia. Why couldn't they build/steal another Savior or Impulse for example.

Anyway, from what I've read. Terminal basically had sympathizers in both the EA and ZAFT. Some of those sympathizers managed to "steal" the designs for the Doms and S.Freedom. How/where they managed to build the suits much less get the Gaia is any ones guess. If I had to guess, however ZAFT managed to get the Gaia into space the crews responsible where likely Terminal sympathizers.
Old 2013-04-21, 23:42   Link #6534
quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
How about he keep piloting his Murasame?

Murasame is a good MS. It has excellent maneuverability even though it doesn't have PSA like Gaia.
It may be a decent suit, but it isn't a Gundam.....

Quote:
Come on, Terminal was able to either steal or build the S.Freedom, I.Justice, 3 Doms, and the Gaia. Why couldn't they build/steal another Savior or Impulse for example.

Anyway, from what I've read. Terminal basically had sympathizers in both the EA and ZAFT. Some of those sympathizers managed to "steal" the designs for the Doms and S.Freedom. How/where they managed to build the suits much less get the Gaia is any ones guess. If I had to guess, however ZAFT managed to get the Gaia into space the crews responsible where likely Terminal sympathizers.
No doubt they have sympathizers or they wouldn't have managed to acquire Gaia. I just want to know the background on it which I wish Astray series went into.

It isn't clear how Terminal acquired the SF, IJ, and the Doms. I have read that ZAFT was building them( which makes sense considering the chairman was using the symbols of the past war to build up his support), but got stolen by Terminal where they were finished there. Also read they were built from the ground up by Terminal using date stolen from ZAFT( the Hyper Deuterion powerplant and DRAGOON 2.0).
Old 2013-04-21, 23:45   Link #6535
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
It may be a decent suit, but it isn't a Gundam.....
Suits like that took out a Gundam, so it should be juuuust fine for Waltfeld.
Old 2013-04-21, 23:57   Link #6536
The American Average
2LMES

Quote:
should those astrays be even proud of shooting down Sting, i mean he did literally nothing through the entire show. Just flew around saying how good Athrun was.
Old 2013-04-22, 00:03   Link #6537
quagmire

Quote:
Put a crappy pilot in a Gundam, sure skilled pilots in a grunt suit can take it out.....

But, skilled pilot in a Gundam > skilled pilot in grunt suit. Or so the theory.....
Old 2013-04-22, 10:44   Link #6538
Aquaman OS

That Murasame looks so cool.... And Andy used it like.....for 5 seconds. You even had to pause just to get a full body shot of it because it was a blink and you'll miss it shot.

Man poor Andy. Despite looking like he was gonna be important, he was quickly shipped off into space with Lacus and forgotten about.

I believe it was mentioned in the Gaia model materials that it was shipped back to Plant for storage and "lost" along with the other stuff Terminal ended up taking.

Of course I always scratched my head why Durandal seemingly ordered it back to Plant to be locked up. You'd think he'd tell Minerva to keep it and field Luna or Rey with it.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 10:59   Link #6539
quagmire

By the time Gaia was recovered, they probably had Destiny and Legend in development. So the chairman didn't see a point in giving Rey or Luna the Gaia only to transfer to the Legend and Impulse respectively.....

And they killed Heine so there goes another prospective pilot of the Gaia.....
Old 2013-04-22, 11:14   Link #6540
Aquaman OS

Still you'd think he have somewhere to send it that wasn't shipping it back home to be stored away. I can't really think of it being part of his plan to have it captured as he wasn't expecting Terminal at all.

And it was still another 10 eps before Destiny and Legend were sent in, so you'd think he'd give to Minerva as a stop gap.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep