AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

View Poll Results: Who is the best girl?
Ichika 14 7.69%
Nino 30 16.48%
Miku 95 52.20%
Yotsuba 23 12.64%
Itsuki 18 9.89%
Other 2 1.10%
Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2018-10-15, 16:49   Link #921
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
It certainly look imossible even for normal person much less for dumbass. I don't know if I should press F, to pay respect or call BS...
I'd call BS.

She's already saddled with work and studying on top of that must be killer. Especially considering that her grades were always below Miku's and Itsuki's up to now, this feels like a big reach tbh.

The cherry on top would be if Nino ends up failing a subject. If that happens, then it'll further emphasize the BS because Ichika sealed Miku's confession flag and Nino would raise a flag by being the only one to fail. (whether that's a winning flag or not is debatable.)
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-15, 16:58   Link #922
Tenzen12

I wouldn't sealing Miku confession is necessarily bad thing. On contrary this seems to be pretty much straightforward challange from Ichika which could trigger Miku in various ways.
Old 2018-10-15, 17:16   Link #923
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I wouldn't sealing Miku confession is necessarily bad thing. On contrary this seems to be pretty much straightforward challange from Ichika which could trigger Miku in various ways.
I'd agree that sealing the confession itself isn't necessarily a bad thing, but using it this way buried Miku (wrestling lingo). Basically, I see it as the author having Miku put Ichika over at the cost of killing her push. (more wrestling lingo)

If it were Itsuki who went over instead, then it'd be acceptable on the grounds that she's usually ranked 2nd academically and the only one who kinda keeps up with Miku.

-----
Never thought I'd ever use wrestling terminology outside of actual wrestling discussions. Life's funny like that. LINK for those who haven't the faintest idea what those terms mean.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.

Last edited by MK-95-; 2018-10-15 at 17:22. Reason: Added link
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-16, 00:52   Link #924
Lex79

And that's why in romcoms if you want to confess you just do it and never say "I'll confess if...or when...".
Lex79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-16, 01:52   Link #925
WingedAccelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
And that's why in romcoms if you want to confess you just do it and never say "I'll confess if...or when...".
Fairness.
If Miku wouldn't have proposed it, and rather said "Fuck off, I was first", then the immediate responses would have been "Fuutarou is not her property!". But fairness is not just the right to do what they want. In Miku's case, I think she doesn't want to do it in an underhanded way. Not on some random tutoring session from nowhere, or on the first chance she gets, and that's why she decided about the circumtances. Sure, it backfired, but that's romcom for you.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-16, 03:43   Link #926
DJBlitzkrieg

I'd argue that Ichika beating Miku in her best skill is a good thing for the later because of her past tendencies of having low self-esteem/confidence issues, depending on the aftermath of this (how Miku reacts) we might be due a conflic/arc centered around her, since Negi has shown with Nino that the worse the circumstances get for a quint, the better will be the pay off afterwards. Next chapter is end of the volume so we might get various surprises entering volume 8.
DJBlitzkrieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-16, 04:25   Link #927
WingedAccelerator

I don't think Nino will fail, and outscoring everyone after this Ichika development now would also feel forced IMO, so that leaves the part-time work option left as the grand surprise for the volume finale. Either it's a happy resolution or cliffhanger.
Volume 1: Fuutarou on Nino after saving her from the books, Itsuki comes in.
Volume 2: The Kyoto girl photo.
Volume 3: Going to the class trip.
Volume 4: Flash forward to the wedding.
Volume 5: Rena appears.
Volume 6: The quints' new home, Fuutarou comes back.
Old 2018-10-16, 04:32   Link #928
DJBlitzkrieg

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
I don't think Nino will fail, and outscoring everyone after this Ichika development now would also feel forced IMO, so that leaves the part-time work option left as the grand surprise for the volume finale. Either it's a happy resolution or cliffhanger.
Volume 1: Fuutarou on Nino after saving her from the books, Itsuki comes in.
Volume 2: The Kyoto girl photo.
Volume 3: Going to the class trip.
Volume 4: Flash forward to the wedding.
Volume 5: Rena appears.
Volume 6: The quints' new home, Fuutarou comes back.
Looking at the scans, it seems like they went to the cake shop right after getting their grades from school, so I don't think it would make sense for Nino to be there before them because of the part time job unless she skipped school day.
Old 2018-10-16, 05:15   Link #929
WingedAccelerator

It's not necessarily has to be revealed that way, we could see it as a flashback about the last months, unless Negi does the haunted house, which he so wanted to do. But it could be done as 1. She got her test back. 2. They decided to meet up in the cake shop, so she went to there in the first place, instead of a school meeting. 3. Her shift just ended, and there's the score.
Old 2018-10-16, 07:31   Link #930
DJBlitzkrieg

Quote:
It's not necessarily has to be revealed that way, we could see it as a flashback about the last months, unless Negi does the haunted house, which he so wanted to do. But it could be done as 1. She got her test back. 2. They decided to meet up in the cake shop, so she went to there in the first place, instead of a school meeting. 3. Her shift just ended, and there's the score.
I think
Code:
>Ah Ichika came.
>Nino hasn't come yet?
>I said her to come here as soon as she got the result...
>Maybe...
Implies that they got there as soon as they got their scores, so unless Nino got her scores earlier I don't think she'd be there before them. Another thing is that I think I'd be a little weird to have "These are my scores, and I just found a job here by the way!" as an end of volume thing given the impact of this chapter, but I guess we have to wait and see how it's handled if it ends up happening.
Old 2018-10-16, 10:51   Link #931
WingedAccelerator

It could be the confirmed falling in love chapter too.
Negi set up some events this volume, and more or less, they got resolved. Ichika managed working and studying at the same time. Miku got better at cooking. Yotsuba being the one that could have screwed them, passed. Itsuki not being the clever girl Papa Nakano thought she is, aiming to become a teacher. That leaves Nino with the part-time work and the Kintarou struggle.
Old 2018-10-17, 00:57   Link #932
amasposu

Chapter 58:

Spoiler for 58:
amasposu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-17, 01:04   Link #933
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^OMG, Ichika is trying so hard to stop herself from loving Fuutarou even more

Just send them all to Isekai so they can make harem yo
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-17, 07:43   Link #934
shanimebib
Neo Venezia-jin

I haven't been this torn between two sisters. I like Miku so much but Ichika is so adorable it hurts.
Old 2018-10-17, 13:56   Link #935
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

It could be my personal bias for Miku, but I am not liking this lack of development for Miku for the recent chapters, because it seems MOST of her development is just used to push up the other sisters. You are expecting me to believe that Miku, who had the best score from the last test to fall behind of Ichika, who I don't have any hard feelings for, but she has a career to balance, studying, and probably not getting enough sleep.

This feels like....well what's the point of Miku's declaration of being the first, it's meaningless now. I mean, IF, Ichika TIED with Miku, okay, then I can kind of accept that, and use that to enable Miku to become more stronger and push harder for her feelings. But now, it feels like life is just giving her the short end of the stick.

I sort of took the marks as a metaphor of their feelings for Fuutarou.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-17, 14:35   Link #936
mastermind3342
LONER TACTICIAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by amasposu View Post
Chapter 58:

Spoiler for 58:
they look good together.....
or so the fan say...
mastermind3342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-17, 15:16   Link #937
WingedAccelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
It could be my personal bias for Miku, but I am not liking this lack of development for Miku for the recent chapters, because it seems MOST of her development is just used to push up the other sisters. You are expecting me to believe that Miku, who had the best score from the last test to fall behind of Ichika, who I don't have any hard feelings for, but she has a career to balance, studying, and probably not getting enough sleep.

This feels like....well what's the point of Miku's declaration of being the first, it's meaningless now. I mean, IF, Ichika TIED with Miku, okay, then I can kind of accept that, and use that to enable Miku to become more stronger and push harder for her feelings. But now, it feels like life is just giving her the short end of the stick.

I sort of took the marks as a metaphor of their feelings for Fuutarou.
It's one thing that somehow Miku ended up being a cigarette bud that got stomped into the concrete with Ichika saying "Nothing personal, kid!" to her with that look, but the others are also looking quite pathetic with this development. As DJBlitzkrieg said, it might be not a bad thing for future Miku exploration, so now or never.

Also, I'm not denying Ichika's efforts, but it is sure overkill what Negi thinks it's possible for her. The others wanted to have part-time jobs to lessen her burden, but they were told to get through the exams first. The almighty Onee-san ended up being the one, who paid for the rent, who is paying their living expenses, while taking extra work upon herself and sleeps less and less. If Yotsuba had to learn to prioritize between the track club and studying, then how come everything went smoothly for Ichika? She failed 2 subjects last time with less work and more sleep, but now with every odds against her, she not just passed, but emerged as the "new smartest". It's like Ichika does nothing, unless Miku tries to do something, even though Ichika had the potential to do so earlier.
Old 2018-10-17, 16:01   Link #938
DJBlitzkrieg

Quote:
It's one thing that somehow Miku ended up being a cigarette bud that got stomped into the concrete with Ichika saying "Nothing personal, kid!" to her with that look
Oh boy, if you think it's over then do I have a little clue for you.

Code:
Miku's scores = 238
Nino's scores = ???
Ichika's scores = 240
239 is inbetween both scores

2 = Nino

And what does "39" mean in this manga?

Quote:
As DJBlitzkrieg said, it might be not a bad thing for future Miku exploration, so now or never.
I'm under the belief that the more shaft/suffering she goes through, the better the pay-off might be, so I want the author to fully commit with this.

Last edited by DJBlitzkrieg; 2018-10-17 at 16:34.
Old 2018-10-18, 02:12   Link #939
WingedAccelerator

^39? Either drama outbreak or wordplay on Miku.
But I think Negi just didn't want to use the classic 1 point difference, and that's why it's 2. We shall see it in the next days. After this development, I should assume that the quintuplet rule that if any of them can do it, the others also can will be relevant. Although, I think Nino should just get a reasonably high score (By their current standards), between 200-220. Unless love drive kicked in there as well and she slaughters them. That would warrant a big pay-off.

The chapter is out BTW.
The last page reminded me of a comment that I don't even know when and where I read. It was during the general Nino hate period, that's for sure. It was something like: "Trust me! Ichika is going to turn out way nastier than Nino could ever hope to be."

We will get the popularity poll results and the anime cast as well with the next chapter.
Old 2018-10-18, 02:18   Link #940
DJBlitzkrieg

Quote:
^39? Either drama outbreak or wordplay on Miku.
39 means Miku in japanese so yeah, 239 is wordplay of Nino (2) Miku (39), also the former getting 239 would line them up as:
Code:
1st Ichika
2nd Nino
3rd Miku
Which would also be top pottery, it's just too perfect to not happen.

Tags
dumpster fire, first girl after all, harem, privileged main heroine, quintuplets, retcon, student-tutor, train wreck